PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Machinima

Ants_27_
26th Oct 2010, 20:14
Right. First of all for those who aren't well up on what Machinima is then here:

The rendering of computer-generated imagery using low-end (real time) 3D engines such as those found in video games, as opposed to the high-end, complex 3D engines used by professionals; The genre of films created by such techniques.

Basically, what would you lot think about having a mode in the next TR game allowing for those who want to make small films, without the need of say £30.000 to spare. I like features like this but half the ruddy games I chose don't use it!:lol: One reason I plan to pick up The Sims 3 on PS3... unless they've took it from the console then bugger them.

As some are aware Uncharted 2 did add this mode, following suit of quite a number of games:

CCAODGnip0A&feature=related

I know this may have been asked before and I'm sorry but I just thought I'd see your opinions. Yes I know it's uncharted but I just used it as an example.

CG5kwtsDXfE

naraku
28th Oct 2010, 09:05
Wow! Sounds great, and would be nice during the actual game. To me it's a no brainer for Uncharted 3.

However I must ask, isn't this like "Level Editor" of old TR? Nice for naughty dog to take a book out of the TR-verse yet again.

I am digging the voice over, via our headset, possibly with our own voice. I can see that as a next gen way of interacting with MPC's in MMORPG's, it would streamline that boring yakety yak in games today.

Way to immerse us in the game.:thumb:

qwerty
28th Oct 2010, 11:44
as much as i love your idea im of the opinon hat they must focus on creating a worth playing game.if they do that then yeah why not,it couldnt hurt

Ants_27_
28th Oct 2010, 17:54
as much as i love your idea im of the opinon hat they must focus on creating a worth playing game.if they do that then yeah why not,it couldnt hurt

True, though I doubt it's mind boggling stuff. All it is really is allowing a mode were you control the camera and various effects while having an in-game recorder so you can create your own mini-film thingy's!:D

qwerty
28th Oct 2010, 20:54
really u duobt..?let me remind you that tru had a special feature with which u could simply draw pics.they removed it.now imagine the feature u describe how much trouble it could cause them

Hoodedclaw
5th Dec 2010, 14:03
Hi :wave:

I have uncharted 2 aswell and i played machinima it was alright but 2 me it did get bored eventually. :hmm:
If they brought it to TR it would be great i dont know why but i could just think on making those levels it would be fun. :p
But yeah i think that they should concentrate on making a gd game. ;)
x