PDA

View Full Version : Shootin' Hoops!

sonicsidewinder
24th Oct 2010, 23:10
Time for some light-hearted humour ;)

If there's a Basketball and a hoop in a game, you know you gtta stop. Hell to the story for a minute while your try to score an awesome 5 pointer. Who's gonna tell JC 'White men can't jump'? (We're obv talking 'white' cannon JC here)

We had the court in Hells Kitchen. Everyone must've tried it once.

And i think the first thing EVERYBODY did in Invisible War was toss the B'ball around Alex's room - followed by gasps of horror, viewing first hand the horrendous physics.

So what? You may wonder. Well Adam's living it up in Detroit right? It may have had a flashy face-lift, but 'The hood' heart of Detroit must still be there.
I'll be waiting for it. In the midst of an important mission, Adam will stop and smile...:cool: cus he's just hit the court.

There's gotta be a section in Human Revolution where Adam can cut coms to Sarif HQ for a moment and shoot some hoops. I mean, if Adam ends up being JC's decendant, then it'll totally explain how JC was awesome at B'ball.

Whaddya think?

P.S. My JC WAS totally awesome at Basketball :lmao:

MrFoxter
24th Oct 2010, 23:21
Nice thought. I was suggesting that, too. I mean, it was in Thief, System Shock 2, both DX games... why don't keep a tradition?

AlexOfSpades
24th Oct 2010, 23:25
I hope EM saw this.

This is true, Thief's basketball court was awesome. At first i discovered it when first playing, tried to go through that mysterious door. When i found it, i was like lolololol! And there was that crazy bedroll o.O

When starting Invisible War, i also opened that weird crate and grabbed the basketball (It was inside it, right?). I thought "Everyone hates this game, lets see why." Then i grabbed the ball and thought "zomg basketball! Might be not so bad~"

In the first Deus Ex i really, really tried to do some scores in NY's court, but i failed miserably.

I guess i didnt had skill enough. Should put all the skill points in Sports, next time

OwlSolar
24th Oct 2010, 23:28
...My JC Denton was a complete loser at basketball. :(

KSingh77
24th Oct 2010, 23:32
Of course if there was basketball in this game,it would have to be in third person view and you would have to tap a series of buttons to get the ball in the hoop.

OwlSolar
24th Oct 2010, 23:36
...Am I the only one who thinks this is starting to get old? We clearly saw that you can lift and throw things in this game, and in First Person too. Seriously, it was great the first few times, and it was solid gold when it was about the book's point of view. It's not funny anymore; by this point it's the furthest thing from original as it's possible to get.

sonicsidewinder
24th Oct 2010, 23:40
Of course if there was basketball in this game,it would have to be in third person view and you would have to tap a series of buttons to get the ball in the hoop.

Tap B for a 'non lethal lay-up'.

Hold B for a 'Lethal slam dunk'.

TrickyVein
24th Oct 2010, 23:59
The ball-court on the recreation deck of the Van Braun reminds me of first meeting those guardian-annelid creatures with the huge, beak-mouths.

WildcatPhoenix
25th Oct 2010, 00:01
Tap B for a 'non lethal lay-up'.

Hold B for a 'Lethal slam dunk'.

Couldn't help but laugh out loud on this one! :lmao:

KSingh77
25th Oct 2010, 00:07
SLAAAAM DUUUNK

And the hoop breaks and the crowd goes crazy.

Achievement points for shooting hoops would be nice.

TrickyVein
25th Oct 2010, 00:09
You could imagine AJ being able to slam pretty darn well with those metal 'pendages of his.

AlexOfSpades
25th Oct 2010, 00:25
You could slam the basketball over an enemy's head for a non lethal takedown.

Slaaaamduuunk!! BOOM

OwlSolar
25th Oct 2010, 01:27
Why does it have to be non-lethal? :scratch:

LeMoN_LiMe
25th Oct 2010, 01:33
JC is like EXACTLY like Lebron James except you know NOT total garbage.

Pinky_Powers
25th Oct 2010, 04:48
Man, I really want to watch White Men Can't Jump again. :eek:

Red
25th Oct 2010, 07:34
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1506884&postcount=418

Pinky_Powers
25th Oct 2010, 07:40
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1506884&postcount=418

Ominous, with overtones of extreme personal arousal!

When he first posted that, I thought to myself "dear god! these brutish Eidos Montréal animals are playing me like fiddle!" And I liked it!

Red
25th Oct 2010, 08:19
I hope a secret ending... No. A secret game should be implemented. You'd be able to play basketball for Detroit Pistons :D And all hell would break loose because y'know, Adam has augmented hands and makes 100% perfect shots and another NBA conspiracy begins. The next installment: Deus Ex Pila. Mechs, machine guns and basketball. No one asked for it. It wasn't the end of basketball, but people could see it from there...

And the game would have become a huge success not for it's Deus Ex, but for it's basketball side and become a new franchise, a pillar of sports/combat genre with conspiracies and hacking players' limbs.

Ok, nevermind, just rambling about...

AlexOfSpades
25th Oct 2010, 11:46
Lmao, i love it Red!

:D :D :D

3nails4you
25th Oct 2010, 15:06
lol I can see it now...

Sign him up for the Pistons!
Sign him up for the Pistons!

pha
25th Oct 2010, 16:12
Remember the beginning of Invisible War? There were hoops and a ball in the academy, I thought "heh, this looks familiar" and tried a shot. The ball fell from my hand like a piece of rock and bounced once, again, like a piece of rock.

It was a "Batman Suit with Nipples" moment, a foreshadowing of how IW was loyal to DX material.

sonicsidewinder
25th Oct 2010, 16:16
It was a "Batman Suit with Nipples" moment, a foreshadowing of how IW was loyal to DX material.

Genius-ly spoken.

Angel-A
26th Oct 2010, 03:34
Someone's going to need to explain to me what "Batman Suit with Nipples moment" means.

Anyway

g3SHg6VkYFo

Why does it have to be non-lethal? :scratch:
Because normally Adam would murder the ball in a brutal rage with his third-person.

Fluffis
26th Oct 2010, 04:01
Someone's going to need to explain to me what "Batman Suit with Nipples moment" means.

The scene in Batman Forever when the audience realizes that Joel Schumacher, on the black Bat-rubber Bat-suit, has put... nipples.
http://www.mattfind.com/12345673215-3-2-3_img/movie/r/m/j/batman_forever_1995_500x631_334382.jpg

Further compounded with this little shot later in the movie
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5206/61276019yi8.jpg

... yeah... *sobs*

sonicsidewinder
26th Oct 2010, 14:00
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5206/61276019yi8.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/thebat-/tmpphp5TcrOa.jpg