PDA

View Full Version : Your predictions for a ten year franchise?

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 04:34
I predict within this "Ten Year" franchise... I'm purely guessing, I'm not in the Eidos loop in any way shape or form.
1. Multiplayer
2. SDK - but not as soon as we would like, possibly a console style mission builder first.
3. The DX1: Conspiracy story with a different protagonist, perhaps a Silhouette or X-51 member, maybe Paul Denton
4. Unatco story, chronologically between DX3 and DX1, probably Sam Carter's story
5. Spin-offs from DX3 or DX1, probably involving James Swallow's work.

We might see some cross over between nanotechnology and mech. Also I think DX2 was an unsatisfactory plot and ending, so I would expect a grand finale.

That should keep them busy. Just please be as innovative and immersive as DX1.

I also predict a movie after 2012, but it's going to upset most of us with killing, action, gung ho macho rubbish and very little of the DX1 coolness.

TrickyVein
24th Oct 2010, 04:38
Shadowrunner;1514085']Also I think DX2 was an unsatisfactory plot and ending, so I would expect a grand finale.

The DX wrap-party made total sense, I don't know what you're talking about.

I always liked Invisi war's setting, though - a post-collapse world, the Omar, super high-tech gadgetry - I really liked the design of the game. It's just what they did with it, after Cairo and Seattle that, well yeah. Yeah.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind seeing another sequel set after the events of the original DX.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 04:48
Sorry what I meant was... I dont think JC would ever merge with the Helios, so I find DX2 "incorrect".

Denton throughout the story, doesn't really trust or respect AI's, so I think he would have taken a more humane choice, although he would have liked to blow Area51 I think he would have been concerned about survivors, so more likely he chose to remove Page and not rock the status quo.

Post-Conspiracy titles would be very cool. I am modding one in SDK called "The Day After"

Definitely I think any movie will annoy us with the bodycount and lack of humane intelligence. JC will be more of a soldier than a cop.

pringlepower
24th Oct 2010, 04:55
Shadowrunner;1514088']Sorry what I meant was... I dont think JC would ever merge with the Helios, so I find DX2 "incorrect".

Denton throughout the story, doesn't really trust or respect AI's, so I think he would have taken a more humane choice, although he would have liked to blow Area51 I think he would have been concerned about survivors, so more likely he chose to remove Page and not rock the status quo.

Post-Conspiracy titles would be very cool. I am modding one in SDK called "The Day After"

Definitely I think any movie will annoy us with the bodycount and lack of humane intelligence. JC will be more of a soldier than a cop.

Well it all depends on how you play JC right? It's always difficult making the sequel an open-ended game with multiple endings, since declaring one or the other "canon" would alienate part of the fanbase (well except with Star Wars, because Star Wars always ends up good). I think IW did a good job of incorporating all three DX endigns into one. Unfortunately the IW endings are too different to work together.

hem dazon 90
24th Oct 2010, 05:05
One set in India!

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 05:08
Well it all depends on how you play JC right? It's always difficult making the sequel an open-ended game with multiple endings, since declaring one or the other "canon" would alienate part of the fanbase (well except with Star Wars, because Star Wars always ends up good). I think IW did a good job of incorporating all three DX endigns into one. Unfortunately the IW endings are too different to work together.

I'll be honest, I played it very little, you guys know it better and you are absolutely right, it's your choice.

Having said that though, there are thousands and thousands of shooting and killing games.

What makes DX unique is it's humanity and variety of non-lethal solutions. If they are not morons, they will make this the major feature of DX3 and any subsequent titles.

TrickyVein
24th Oct 2010, 05:19
One set in India!

DX did take place in a pretty trashy, run-down part of NYC, Hell's Kitchen. So India would be right up there, yeah.

FrankCSIS
24th Oct 2010, 06:11
My predictions:

When MyImmortal gets in here, this thread is getting its ass merged.

PS: I'd wager an immediate sequel to HR, providing the game doesn't end with AJ's death or exile, which I still consider a very real possibility.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 06:54
DX did take place in a pretty trashy, run-down part of NYC, Hell's Kitchen. So India would be right up there, yeah.

Ouch, that's a little racist isn't it? Or perhaps just ignorant of the truth?
I guess you didn't see the 3 billion dollar house this week, that the Indian industrialist moved into.
What a moron. I'm done with these forums.

Notice how Silicon Valley in 2027 is not in America... but in Asia... lol really.

mad825
24th Oct 2010, 06:54
I'd wager an immediate sequel to HR, providing the game doesn't end with AJ's death or exile, which I still consider a very real possibility.

A sequel of the "prequel" isnt that hard to predict, I'm going to assume that DX:HR is a total reboot and that the next few games will overwrite DX 1&2

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 07:04
Frank, your comment is irrelevant unless you are admin, you're actually off-topic lol.
The other guy's comment is clearly inciting.
Just because I'm not friends with admin or have posted very much in these forums, doesn't mean people have to start acting all ignorant and superior, it doesn't make you 1337, actually the opposite.
I don't see what is wrong with this topic, I'm asking about prediction, not comment on SE's press release.

@mad825.
That would be a shame. DX1 is an incredible story, more than it is a good game.

Sabretooth1
24th Oct 2010, 07:14

Shadowrunner;1514114']I guess you didn't see the 3 billion dollar house this week, that the Indian industrialist moved into.
It's $1 Billion actually, and trust me, you don't see $1 Billion houses in Mumbai every other street. :p

The only exaggeration is that there's rampant poverty everywhere - it's more like a Rio de Janeiro situation actually. There's very posh, high-class areas and (literally) cardboard rooms on the pavements just 30 seconds away. There's a massive economic disparity, which is why you can have the richest private residence and some of the most ravaging hunger and poverty levels in the same country.

Obviously, I'd love a Deus Ex set in Mumbai. The canon of India and Pakistan knocking each other out with nukes, not so much, but now that it's canon in the DX universe, it wouldn't be half bad to see events leading upto that. Maybe we'll even get a Fallout-Deus Ex mash-up game after that. :nut:

Amusingly though, that can be negated by simply mentioning somewhere that Vishnu's Fall was in fact, a work of fiction. :p

JCpies
24th Oct 2010, 07:18
Shadowrunner;1514117']Frank, your comment is irrelevant unless you are admin, you're actually off-topic lol.
The other guy's comment is clearly inciting.
Just because I'm not friends with admin or have posted very much in these forums, doesn't mean people have to start acting all ignorant and superior, it doesn't make you 1337, actually the opposite.
I don't see what is wrong with this topic, I'm asking about prediction, not comment on SE's press release.

@mad825.
That would be a shame. DX1 is an incredible story, more than it is a good game.

I thought you said you were done with these forums.

Pinky_Powers
24th Oct 2010, 07:41
Shadowrunner;1514093']If they are not morons, they will make this the major feature of DX3 and any subsequent titles.

Or they could be wise and good game designers and keep to the Deus Ex principle of letting the player be the person he or she is.

What you are describing is "choice", but a game that out and tells you which is the "right choice". This is no good.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 13:08
Yes, it's pretty fun to waste everyone sometimes... but it's more of a challenge to preserve life...
have there been polls about this?
I guess I care more about the movie, I'd want the movie to not just be another shooter.

Lazarus Ledd
24th Oct 2010, 18:10
they could ignore DX2 happend like when the new creators of Monkey Island 3 ignored the fact that was revealed at the end of Monkey Island 2 of the original creators-:hmm:

Shralla
24th Oct 2010, 20:49
Shadowrunner;1514088']Sorry what I meant was... I dont think JC would ever merge with the Helios.

That's pretty silly since the Helios ending was originally the ONLY ending.

Fluffis
24th Oct 2010, 21:33
That's pretty silly since the Helios ending was originally the ONLY ending.

I definitely think it's the most thought-provoking ending of the three, in any case.

Hammich
24th Oct 2010, 22:20
they could ignore DX2 happend like when the new creators of Monkey Island 3 ignored the fact that was revealed at the end of Monkey Island 2 of the original creators-:hmm:

Which was?
LeChuck had bewitched Guybrush into thinking he was a kid at the carnival of the damned? MI2
And Guybrush someway somehow had escaped the carnival and LeChuck's bewitchment? MI3

But I DO like how telltale games brushed MI4 under the rug in 'Tales' as much as possible :P

Vasarto
25th Oct 2010, 02:30
1.A Stealth MMOFPSRPG...well....Deus Ex...IS a Stealth FPSRPG...so why not make it an MMO?...yeah and its not that great of a game.....it was an incredibly sad day indeed.
2.Deus Ex 4 - The Story of Paul Denton
3.Deus Ex:The Movie 3D!....The Story is nowhere near the same. Takes after the same character as in the third or second game or possibly a new character and it turns out to be a box office "disaster". Rated as one of the WORST movies of the last twenty years!

4.Eidos Sells the Rights to Deus Ex after the fail of the mmo and movie to BETHESDA!

5.In 2019, Bethesda Remakes Deus Ex 1 with new Levels, Graphics to match the greatest games out in the new Generation, Characters and story lines added in as well as more than fifty hours worth of Single Player content
to the game including over fourty new fun weapons that fit very well into the game. As well as a weapon customization engine more powerful than any other yet! Guns have stats from firepower to reload time and can even break and needs maintained and all of that.

A new stealth engine and a new Targeting engine and a new Muical Score that plays ..basicaly the same old music but in a new style and with a GOD LIKE sound quallity beyond even secret government technology ever could had at that time! Also Three new endings! Apathy: I don't care....goes off and does whatever! Dance Club: Just like the secret cheats only ending but a million times better!...Jc gets some! OR I hate everyone ending and he destroys not only Helios but Bob Page....the Area 51....AND goes on to kill anyone and everyone who was ever involved with him or the stuff he was appart of.

Than Bethesda goes to create a game that is even greater than any of the previous games and makes Deus Ex 5: It will either be Deus Ex Redone with a new story similar to the old but going to new places and following differnt paths than before or a continuation of the JC Denton Story from the First Game.

IdiotInAJeep
25th Oct 2010, 04:18
You best be trollin' son.

MechBFP
25th Oct 2010, 04:31
One good game (maybe), than franchise rape.

Ninjerk
25th Oct 2010, 07:41
5.In 2019, Bethesda Remakes Deus Ex 1 with new Levels, Graphics to match the greatest games out in the new Generation, Characters and story lines added in as well as more than fifty hours worth of Single Player content
to the game including over fourty new fun weapons that fit very well into the game. As well as a weapon customization engine more powerful than any other yet! Guns have stats from firepower to reload time and can even break and needs maintained and all of that.

A new stealth engine and a new Targeting engine and a new Muical Score that plays ..basicaly the same old music but in a new style and with a GOD LIKE sound quallity beyond even secret government technology ever could had at that time! Also Three new endings! Apathy: I don't care....goes off and does whatever! Dance Club: Just like the secret cheats only ending but a million times better!...Jc gets some! OR I hate everyone ending and he destroys not only Helios but Bob Page....the Area 51....AND goes on to kill anyone and everyone who was ever involved with him or the stuff he was appart of.

Than Bethesda goes to create a game that is even greater than any of the previous games and makes Deus Ex 5: It will either be Deus Ex Redone with a new story similar to the old but going to new places and following differnt paths than before or a continuation of the JC Denton Story from the First Game.

Whoa, what universe do you live in that Bethesda improves an IP?

Laputin Man
25th Oct 2010, 11:53
Whoa, what universe do you live in that Bethesda improves an IP?

My thoughts exactly....

AxiomaticBadger
26th Oct 2010, 13:11
Game company announces that if latest addition to famous IP is successful it will create sequels!
In other news, Caramel Tasty, Fire hot!

Maybe we'll see a game based around the lunar railgun.

Bloodwolf806
26th Oct 2010, 13:22
A sequel of the "prequel" isnt that hard to predict, I'm going to assume that DX:HR is a total reboot and that the next few games will overwrite DX 1&2

DX:HR is not a total reboot. It's a reboot in the sense they plan to bring Deus Ex back as a brand and have sequels and such. The game actually features many characters from the original Deus Ex and the plot actually leads to the creation of UNATCO- this has been discussed several times.

Tverdyj
27th Oct 2010, 01:43
DX:HR is not a total reboot. It's a reboot in the sense they plan to bring Deus Ex back as a brand and have sequels and such. The game actually features many characters from the original Deus Ex and the plot actually leads to the creation of UNATCO- this has been discussed several times.

source?
and quotes?

hem dazon 90
27th Oct 2010, 02:09
It's $1 Billion actually, and trust me, you don't see $1 Billion houses in Mumbai every other street. :p

The only exaggeration is that there's rampant poverty everywhere - it's more like a Rio de Janeiro situation actually. There's very posh, high-class areas and (literally) cardboard rooms on the pavements just 30 seconds away. There's a massive economic disparity, which is why you can have the richest private residence and some of the most ravaging hunger and poverty levels in the same country.

Obviously, I'd love a Deus Ex set in Mumbai. The canon of India and Pakistan knocking each other out with nukes, not so much, but now that it's canon in the DX universe, it wouldn't be half bad to see events leading upto that. Maybe we'll even get a Fallout-Deus Ex mash-up game after that. :nut:

Amusingly though, that can be negated by simply mentioning somewhere that Vishnu's Fall was in fact, a work of fiction. :p

QFT

Plus I'd love to see what happens to the religious strife between Muslims and Hindu.

BigBoss
4th Nov 2010, 00:15
I only ever give film books or games a trilogy, beyond that it's REALLY hard to convince me that there is more story worth telling. Since dxhr is being viewed as kind of a reboot, i'll start back at 1.......but they have 2 left with me at most.

Cronstintein
4th Nov 2010, 05:49
In terms of sequels I think they might go laterally. So the next one would happen concurrently with this one. Otherwise they'd have to go back into nano-town and I'm not so sure they want to do that.

Jerion
4th Nov 2010, 07:21
In terms of sequels I think they might go laterally. So the next one would happen concurrently with this one. Otherwise they'd have to go back into nano-town and I'm not so sure they want to do that.

There's a huge scope to the DX universe, and it gets bigger with every installment. They could easily go explore parallel storytelling, or simply flesh out existing but barely touched upon elements of the world background from the original.

Fluffis
4th Nov 2010, 13:12
I'd like to see a story showing how Anna Navarre turned into the Homicidal Honey we all know and love (to kill).

AlexOfSpades
4th Nov 2010, 13:28
And Gunther Hermann.

I want to play as him.

In a very gorey, fast-paced brutal shooter.

And please, give me a heavy machine gun. No Deus Ex ever featured a decent machine gun.

And a sad, noir background, just like Max Payne.

Or should i say, Mech Payne?

TrickyVein
4th Nov 2010, 15:14
Holy...

a FPS where you play as Gunther? :)

I'm inspired now to make a playable Gunther model for UT3. I tried before with this guy (http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/718/sligwip.jpg)(slig from Oddworld) but the editor is very unforgiving. :(

Vasarto
5th Nov 2010, 01:12
My thoughts exactly....

This one where they made fallout better!

Ninjerk
5th Nov 2010, 02:40
I'd like to see a story showing how Anna Navarre turned into the Homicidal Honey we all know and love (to kill).

I loved this site (http://designreboot.blogspot.com/2009/10/design-reboot-flatlander-woman.html) that someone linked in another thread. Also, his Hermann design idea (http://designreboot.blogspot.com/2009/10/design-reboot-laputan-machine.html) (although I like it less than an espionage/assassination game where a higher body count could be bad)