PDA

View Full Version : General protection fault!

Batgirling
21st Oct 2010, 22:46
I dont know what happend but my game began doing this. I'd click on the launhcher then this would pop up. I've had the game since release. I dont why this is happening now.

General protection fault!

History: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13:45.35 FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

RaiseException() Address = 0x75e8b727 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
GColor::GetHSI() Address = 0x1c66300 (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GColor::GetHSI() Address = 0x1aa5ded (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0xa5d7f4 (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1552ac4 (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]

Nemesis296
22nd Oct 2010, 13:03
The game figured out you were using trainers...:lol:

Not sure what to tell you, but it almost looks like a copy protection trip...

Batgirling
22nd Oct 2010, 15:57
aw man. its funny because once this happend steam pop up with a 66% off deal on a GOTY edition. I think its a sign.

Scarecrow007
22nd Oct 2010, 18:29
aw man. its funny because once this happend steam pop up with a 66% off deal on a GOTY edition. I think its a sign.

I think it more like the Bat-signal!

Batgirling
22nd Oct 2010, 18:57
So is there no fix?:( I mean does that mean I cant play Batman any more? :(NOOOOOOO:mad2::mad2::mad2:!! I cant live like that. I'd been using the trainer since I got the game this never happen. Plus its a hard decision because I paid full price on the game and to buy it again would be a waste to my 50$ spent. I HATE EDIOS NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!! The saddest part is that I cant uninstall the game because for some reason it has no uninstall option in the directories or game folders:confused:. I had a streak of playing every week since release and now its all gone! its all GONE!!!!. DARN YOU EIDOS AND YOUR DARN PROTECTION CRAP:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:!!! I had plans to play once last time a day before the release of Arkham city, well as they say "you make plans but God also makes plans".:hmm:

Its going to be hard recovering from this..............:mad2:

Nemesis296
22nd Oct 2010, 20:08
Oh you can certainly re-install the game. You probably will have to use the control panel to do that though. I don't have time to write up a step-by-step process, but just search for Add/Remove Programs on Google for your OS and you'll find it.

It's weird how games these days dont' usually contain an "Uninstall" option, though if you have Vista/7, check the Games folder which contains the link to the game/launcher, it may have some hope for you.

Worst case scenario, reformat your computer's hard drive. Then you'd start with a clean slate. There's always a solution, just not usually the easiest one :hmm:

Whatever you do, don't hit your head against the wall too much. We all know that it could be considered very unhealthy ;)

Batgirling
22nd Oct 2010, 20:20
I have win7 and I've been to the Add/remove folder but arkham is not listed.The launcher bring up the same message. yes reformatting is an option but it will be a pain. on a side note my biggest mistake was buying the game on Direct2Drive.I only bought it from there because my bro said its good. I'm still not sure if its worth it to just buy the GOTY version for only $13 on steam. I have till Monday to decide. I bet in the end I'll regret which ever decision I make.

Batgirling
24th Oct 2010, 06:34
So is there no fix to this guys?

I still haven't decided what to.

Batgirling
25th Oct 2010, 01:19
Well Bat friends, I have bought the GOTY edition. My only fear is that when I load the game it will have the that same issue.