PDA

View Full Version : Release date: 3 day Euro lag?

II J0SePh X II
20th Oct 2010, 02:50
It now seems that every game released these days, is released three days later in Europe than the US. As HR looks to be heavy on story, and may feature spoilable plot twists and the like, will we in Europe & the rest of the world have to run the gauntlet of internet trolls determined to spoil people's enjoyment of the game?

Will somebody (anybody?) from S Enix, be able to to come on here and explain why, in this age of global trade and communications, a worldwide release date for a video game cannot be set?

I'm currently in New Vegas limbo, and I believe PC purchasers in Europe have the game pre-loaded, but cannot play it til friday, unlike their American friends.

At least give us an explanation of why this is necessary. The CoD franchise seems to do OK with a global release date.

Dead-Eye
20th Oct 2010, 03:18
It's a plot by the Illuminati.

Sabretooth1
20th Oct 2010, 04:05
Because corporations have more power than the government.

JCpies
20th Oct 2010, 05:44
Put yourself into a cryogenic sleep for six months. I mean three days.

Deltaslayer
20th Oct 2010, 05:48
Just keep away from internet 3 days after the release.

II J0SePh X II
20th Oct 2010, 07:48
Just keep away from internet 3 days after the release.

Don't you mean three days before the release? And why should I have the freedom of discussion curtailed for no apparent reason?

OwlSolar
20th Oct 2010, 07:52
Honestly, why is three days away from the internet such a big deal?

Oh, and :cool:

mad825
20th Oct 2010, 09:25
who knows but take Solace in the fact that we wont be the guinea pigs. for there maybe any bugs, there will be temporary fixes by then.

Spyhopping
20th Oct 2010, 10:55
It will suck to miss the first few days excitement, but if it's only a few days wait it doesn't really matter. Chances are most of us will have to wait to play it anyway, with work and everything... unless you decide to book time off on release day!

Maybe we'll end up with a spoiler free sub-forum around release or something.

AlexOfSpades
20th Oct 2010, 11:14
Well i dont want to sound biased, but since Europe is the best place in the world (Now really. Best bands, best girls, best drinks, best cars, best food...) they at least have this delay. Its like, well, they had to be bad at something.

(No offense, no offense, i'm kidding, i'm not even european!!)

Good question why they have this delay. Never wondered about it.

Aceyalone7777
20th Oct 2010, 12:45
Hmmm... Steam????....

Human
21st Oct 2010, 22:04
Yeah, I never got the "let's release the game to everyone on different dates" kind of thing. IMHO, it's kind of stupid, but there has to be a good reason for it. Anyone play the latest S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? The English version of Call of Pripyat was released like 3 months after the Russian one and that move KILLED sales. Almost everyone pirated it off and used a translation pack to play it, and who could really blame the players when they could play NOW for free or pay and wait another 3 months? One of the stupidest business move I ever saw.

Granted, a 3 day release differential isn't that bad, but I'm sure it could only hurt sales since games can be cracked within 24 hours.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Oct 2010, 22:09
Maybe we'll end up with a spoiler free sub-forum around release or something.

Yes. A new subforum just before the game's release has been agreed upon. :thumb:

sonicsidewinder
21st Oct 2010, 22:10
I work in GAME so i'm hopeing to have a hefty play o' the game even before that.

Spyhopping
21st Oct 2010, 22:27
Well i dont want to sound biased, but since Europe is the best place in the world (Now really. Best bands, best girls, best drinks, best cars, best food...)

Of course most of that being concentrated in England ;). Well, perhaps apart from the cars and the food... but you'll certainly get fed.

Fluffis
22nd Oct 2010, 00:36
Of course most of that being concentrated in England ;). Well, perhaps apart from the cars and the food... but you'll certainly get fed.

... and apart from the girls and the drinks... oh, and it's gone a bit downhill on the "bands" front as well... :D

Ashpolt
22nd Oct 2010, 00:56
... and apart from the girls and the drinks... oh, and it's gone a bit downhill on the "bands" front as well... :D

Musically, these guys are enough to keep England in the running for the next couple of centuries or so. (http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/music/pinkfloyd/pink_floyd_4.jpg)

But agreed in a sense, music generally has gone downhill, not just in England. Though we did produce The Streets, so I suppose we deserve quite a lot of the criticism.

Fluffis
22nd Oct 2010, 01:20
Musically, these guys are enough to keep England in the running for the next couple of centuries or so. (http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/music/pinkfloyd/pink_floyd_4.jpg)

Amen to that.
However, I'd add these guys (http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/L/Led_Zeppelin/Led_Zeppelin_1979.jpg) and these guys (http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/the_who.jpg) to that category as well.

But agreed in a sense, music generally has gone downhill, not just in England. Though we did produce The Streets, so I suppose we deserve quite a lot of the criticism.

Yeah, that's almost unforgivable. I'm thinking about doing a South Park, and demanding an official apology from the British government.