PDA

View Full Version : Well?

Shadowgate
19th Oct 2010, 18:26
I bought this game day 1 and still have not played. I will not play without my online friends. The whole top down view is stupid and lazy the only reason I bought it was to play with friends. Where is the refund page?

Nemesis296
19th Oct 2010, 18:43
Two things.

1) If you thought the top-down view was stupid and lazy, why did you buy the game in the first place? There is a perfectly reasonably priced demo that is FREE...

2) Online co-op has been delayed for now, what is so difficult to understand about that?

I suggest if you have other comments you add them to one of the 40 threads complaining about lack of online co-op below...

Shadowgate
19th Oct 2010, 22:54
Watch your language

Ziggs
19th Oct 2010, 22:57
Hi everyone... I'm very new to this - I have become addicted to my Son's mini ninja's game but I'm stuck!!!! I'm on chapter 4 - waters gate - I got thru the castle doors and all that - freed all the lads in the tunnels and ended up on a cliff where I freed a chap and he told me I was after freeing enuff of them to start a mechanism - rusty gate I think flashed up - But now I'm stuck I can't go anywhere I've gone back thru the tunnels and back out to the water where the big statue is and the girl there only tells me how big the statue is - Please PLEASE tell me one of you guys knows what I'm talkin about and more importantly can tell me where to go!!! I'm 2 days now trying it and its driving me nuts!!!
http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/wut.gif

Shadowgate
19th Oct 2010, 23:09
You are asking for help on the tomb raider forums. YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. Next time go to that games website lol but www.gamefaqs.com will have all your answers

Marluxia15
20th Oct 2010, 00:52
You are asking for help on the tomb raider forums. YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. Next time go to that games website lol but www.gamefaqs.com will have all your answers

Let's not be discouraging now. As you can see the user made their FIRST post. So they didn't go to the right place, big whoop. All you have to do is kindly reveal their error and give a friendly link to the mini-ninjas page.

Hope this helps!

Mini-Ninjas Forum: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=112828
I believe the above person was having a similar problem as you. ;)

Denis..
20th Oct 2010, 07:01
Let's not be discouraging now. As you can see the user made their FIRST post. So they didn't go to the right place, big whoop. All you have to do is kindly reveal their error and give a friendly link to the mini-ninjas page.

Hope this helps!

Mini-Ninjas Forum: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=112828
I believe the above person was having a similar problem as you. ;)

beware of some users here..all they do is defending eidos and their mistakes and never say ok it's truth! they stuck with tomb raider and never say ok that's a problem..just like underworld it is full of problems and glitches but users here never say about it's problems..only the good side. as for your waiting you aren't the only one..they were about to release the update on 28 but square enix stopped them because it was faulty with problems that time..it's a good thing then! at last, the first thing in the last 3 years they aren't rushing!

Shadowgate
20th Oct 2010, 17:00
All I know that there is 4 more of these TR games coming and if this isn't fixed soon I will not support them. I want to to play NOW but I will not play without CO OP. I will delete it without playing it and eat my loss but Eidos/Square will never see any of my $ again.........

Nemesis296
20th Oct 2010, 17:09
All I know that there is 4 more of these TR games coming and if this isn't fixed soon I will not support them. I want to to play NOW but I will not play without CO OP. I will delete it without playing it and eat my loss but Eidos/Square will never see any of my $ again.........

Chill out man. Did you read the announcement from Eidos that Keir posted?

Co-op is coming...but it's not coming *right now*. :rolleyes:

Shadowgate
20th Oct 2010, 18:08
I will not chill out I spent $15 to play co op. I would have no problem if they did not promote it as a co op game or if they would of had a press release saying it would not be included. Then I would of waited and purchased it when it was complete. If it is Coming then they technically borrowed my money and I want interest. NO ONE LIKES BEING LIED TO OR SCAMMED

ivaneiroX
20th Oct 2010, 18:34
I will not chill out I spent $15 to play co op. I would have no problem if they did not promote it as a co op game or if they would of had a press release saying it would not be included. Then I would of waited and purchased it when it was complete. If it is Coming then they technically borrowed my money and I want interest. NO ONE LIKES BEING LIED TO OR SCAMMED

i say that too... but CD just want our money...

Nemesis296
20th Oct 2010, 18:59

I hate to be *that guy*, but you obviously don't look around before buying things. This is a press release from a WEEK before the PS3 and PC releases were made, and a week before the update was supposed to hit XBLA (they did announce the XBLA version wouldn't ship with online co-op way back in August):

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4617/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-online-co-op-delayed-again.html

I'm not a fanboy for CD/Eidos either. I just can't believe the level of impatience that you guys have for something they announce IS COMING. They aren't just sitting around going "Haha look at all these players who are giving us money and we're just scamming them and never going to include it!" If you think that you need more professional help than anyone in this community can provide. :rolleyes:

What more were you expecting in terms of notification? As far as I'm concerned, you're just posting to whine. We have an update from the developer, and it was announced to be delayed before the game's release. Not sure why you're so convinced you were lied to...

ivaneiroX
20th Oct 2010, 19:15
I hate to be *that guy*, but you obviously don't look around before buying things. This is a press release from a WEEK before the PS3 and PC releases were made, and a week before the update was supposed to hit XBLA (they did announce the XBLA version wouldn't ship with online co-op way back in August):

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4617/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-online-co-op-delayed-again.html

I'm not a fanboy for CD/Eidos either. I just can't believe the level of impatience that you guys have for something they announce IS COMING. They aren't just sitting around going "Haha look at all these players who are giving us money and we're just scamming them and never going to include it!" If you think that you need more professional help than anyone in this community can provide. :rolleyes:

What more were you expecting in terms of notification? As far as I'm concerned, you're just posting to whine. We have an update from the developer, and it was announced to be delayed before the game's release. Not sure why you're so convinced you were lied to...

so many people who dont know TR buy this game and they don't know about the online delay.... they just see it on the store if they like buy it and in the store say it have online (sorry for my english)

Nemesis296
20th Oct 2010, 19:28
so many people who dont know TR buy this game and they don't know about the online delay.... they just see it on the store if they like buy it and in the store say it have online (sorry for my english)

The only place that I saw it say "Online Co-op" was on the XBLA page right around the release date of the XBL version (8/18). I know this because there is a screenshot in one of the threads around here. I looked at the PSN and PC stores around and did not see where it was advertised to have online co-op. While you have a point that not everyone would know about the online delay, it just seems a little immature to do the following:

-Buy the game (even if it says "with online co-op")
-Attempt to play the game
-Go online to whine about it
-Find out that it was delayed and it was announced to be delayed before the game was released.
-Continue to whine about it

That attitude says "poor planning" in my opinion. Me, when I goto buy games and they say "with co-op", I always check outside sources (co-optimus is great for co-op games) to find out exactly what the product is shipped with since they have played the game first hand. Then I do research to find out if there is any specific news related to the game I'm interested in so I know what I'm up against when I go to make my purchase. I always goto multiple sources too. This whole "I wasn't told" thing is a pretty lame excuse in my opinion. Scratch that, it's a lame excuse once you've been informed that the information was out there, you just didn't have the sense to find out about it before spending the money.

If you have an issue with the way that the game was "advertised" on the store, that seems like it's more of a problem for whoever's store it is, not the company who makes the game.

ivaneiroX
20th Oct 2010, 19:32
The only place that I saw it say "Online Co-op" was on the XBLA page right around the release date of the XBL version (8/18). I know this because there is a screenshot in one of the threads around here. I looked at the PSN and PC stores around and did not see where it was advertised to have online co-op. While you have a point that not everyone would know about the online delay, it just seems a little immature to do the following:

-Buy the game (even if it says "with online co-op")
-Attempt to play the game
-Go online to whine about it
-Find out that it was delayed and it was announced to be delayed before the game was released.
-Continue to whine about it

That attitude says "poor planning" in my opinion. Me, when I goto buy games and they say "with co-op", I always check outside sources (co-optimus is great for co-op games) to find out exactly what the product is shipped with since they have played the game first hand. Then I do research to find out if there is any specific news related to the game I'm interested in so I know what I'm up against when I go to make my purchase. I always goto multiple sources too. This whole "I wasn't told" thing is a pretty lame excuse in my opinion. Scratch that, it's a lame excuse once you've been informed that the information was out there, you just didn't have the sense to find out about it before spending the money.

If you have an issue with the way that the game was "advertised" on the store, that seems like it's more of a problem for whoever's store it is, not the company who makes the game.

the trailer say it too... when im go to look how a game is y only see a trailer and some gameplays...

Denis..
20th Oct 2010, 22:52
i cant believe i gonna defend nemesis on this but there is a 1st time on everything..
well first..the delay was announced on 22 of september (a week before the game released in psn) so before you buy a game 1st remember to google it before you actually buy it and not buying a game just because of the crap that the companies are writing for buying it!
2nd think before you type (it's not nemesis neither anyone's here fault because they delay) and have a friendly conversation sometimes isn't bad.
3rd im a ps3 gamer so i can be more disappointed than you are with their favouring with the 360 but im not complaining (it's their fault again because they forgotten that underworld sold more copies on ps3 than the copies on 360)
and 4th..goodnight sweety and talk tomorrow!

Shadowgate
21st Oct 2010, 00:02
BOTTOM LINE IT WAS MARKETED ON EVERY GAMING SITE AND EVERY VIDEO AS ONLINE CO OP IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT ONLY WRONG BUT ILLEGAL. No where on any of the major gaming websites did it say co op is not going to be included untill they found out just like us. I would like a refund where is it? or a sorry and a code for the next one free.

Nemesis296
21st Oct 2010, 03:44
BOTTOM LINE IT WAS MARKETED ON EVERY GAMING SITE AND EVERY VIDEO AS ONLINE CO OP IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT ONLY WRONG BUT ILLEGAL. No where on any of the major gaming websites did it say co op is not going to be included untill they found out just like us. I would like a refund where is it? or a sorry and a code for the next one free.

Let's write in all caps. It helps to show your true colors in online situations!

Well of COURSE it was marketed that way, they planned to have the online co-op ready when the game shipped out but it didn't work out that way.

Face it, you're just bitter because you didn't do enough research before spending the money and you feel that if you complain enough about a problem that is being addressed you will receive sympathy from the community. Good luck getting that from me buddy, I have something called patience, something that you seem to have very little of.

Shadowgate
21st Oct 2010, 06:25
Why are you on the forums anyway I only am because there is a problem. Like I said befor if they announced it would not be included in the release I would not have a problem. THERE WAS NO PRE INFO ABOUT IT. I got it day 1 thinking I wouldn't be scammed. Keep defending the maker of the game maybe you will get a trophie..... If I didn't do what I said I was gonna do at work I WOULD BE FIRED. So why put it out if it was broken.
Ok thanks for checking in to our hotel. We are glad you picked us for your vacation. The room you rented with the hot tub is ready. The hot will be fixed next week. Have a good vacation. EPIC FAIL

GeorgeMaciver
21st Oct 2010, 07:48
Hi Denis, I hear what you're saying. But do you know something? It takes a lot more mental aptitude and discipline and talent to look for the good in everything and focus on that. Any idiot can see the bad side in everything and waggle their fingers and tongues at it, that takes no talent or skill or genius, anyone can do that. Sure the game was released without coop when they said it would have coop. So what? Have you never got it wrong in your life at any time? CD need our support right now to get through this problem and they're getting my support. Those who make the business decisions, on the other hand, are not ;)

GeorgeMaciver
21st Oct 2010, 07:49
By the way, Keir, with these dark message boxes we need new smilies to suit the dark background :D

Denis..
21st Oct 2010, 09:27
boo hoo..hi george! i don't get what you are saying baby..sometimes you have to be more specific on what you don't like from what i type hm? im not attacking here im defending if you scroll up and read "i can't believe that i will defend nemesis on this and blah blah blah" as for the support i have to admit that this guy here has a point and i understand him somehow..what i don't understand is the way he replies (looks like attacking to me) that's all..lov ya

GeorgeMaciver
21st Oct 2010, 10:41
I was referring to this mate :D

beware of some users here..all they do is defending eidos and their mistakes and never say ok it's truth! they stuck with tomb raider and never say ok that's a problem..just like underworld it is full of problems and glitches but users here never say about it's problems..only the good side.

You see, I loved Underworld and think it was the best Tomb Raider ever. Sure they released it with gameplay killers but I just remember the game as the best Tomb Raider ever and I still go back and replay it from time to time.

Denis..
21st Oct 2010, 14:39
I was referring to this mate :D

You see, I loved Underworld and think it was the best Tomb Raider ever. Sure they released it with gameplay killers but I just remember the game as the best Tomb Raider ever and I still go back and replay it from time to time.

whatever you say..have u played uncharted or red dead redemtion? to see real epic things and why underworld isnt so popular hm? maybe you haven't played others games so u think underworld is the best..compared to tomb raider 3 (a 1998 game propably you were a little kid that time) underworld is just the cherry and tomb raider 3 is the whole cake! companies doesn't care only for one or two fans who oversee the glitches and they think it's a 10\10 game the but companies actually care about the whole fanbase and the customers..a game with a score of 7.5\10 is good..just good that's it! i liked underworld too and lara is my favourite but there are much better games out there admit it baby

qwerty
21st Oct 2010, 18:27
greek comin:denis xruse m ti les?ta xeis peideixei?ti suggrinis an8rwpe m?to uncharted pou udemia sxesh exei me action/ADVENTURE(einai ka8ara thrd person shooter)kai to red dead redemption pou ok profanws shooter einai me to tomb raider?kai sth telikh wntas tomb raider fan prepei na esai kai suneidhtopoihmenos.h eidos then mporei na suggri8ei me autes tis eteries(mexri p thn agorase square).egw personally perimenw to tr9 me anypomonhsia.to underwold omws an kai me apogohteuse perimena oti 8a htan bugged afu h eidos den mporuse na to sthrixei me katallhlo budget..alla pragmatika mhn suggrineis anomoia pragmata metaxu tous...anyway back to english.im with the guys on this one.eidos tried to fool us into buying gol knowing very well that the coop wouldnt be ready in time.id be enraged too but im an enternal tr fun and ill stick with lara till the very end.

Denis..
21st Oct 2010, 18:54
ti les bre? to uncharted einai action\adventure kai psakse to opos kai to red dead! (shooter einai to call of dudy i to halo) to underworld opos eipa agapi eixe 7.5\10 pou to kanei kalo..apla leo iparxoun kalitera adventure games..den mporei na erxete o george kai na mou leei to underworld einai to kalitero tr game stin istoria..diladi eleos na trabikso tis kotsides mou pou den exo! to anniversary itan kalitero ap to underworld gia mena kai akoma einai to agapimeno mou..as for u george i hope you got my point

Shadowgate
25th Oct 2010, 20:27
It is funny how Nemesis296 defends everything the developers do. Even when they know they are wrong. By giving us free dlc they are owning up to their mistake and making it right. I am glad because I have been a TR fan since the original. By posting on here they heard us not sitting there defending a broken game. Since Nemesis296 was not upset about the lack of co op He should not DL the new DLC for free but purchase it lol

Nemesis296
26th Oct 2010, 03:08
It is funny how Nemesis296 defends everything the developers do. Even when they know they are wrong. By giving us free dlc they are owning up to their mistake and making it right. I am glad because I have been a TR fan since the original. By posting on here they heard us not sitting there defending a broken game. Since Nemesis296 was not upset about the lack of co op He should not DL the new DLC for free but purchase it lol

You're absolutely right that I was not upset about the lack of co-op (online) because I managed to deal with the disappointment constructively instead of posting my anger and frustration on forum sites. By the way, I am not defending everything the developers do. In fact, it's understandable that we as gamers would expect the co-op to be added to the game. What I simply do not understand is the fact that there is absolutely no tolerance for a company to slip up in today's day and age. Since you obviously didn't read my long post in the other thread though, I can see how this wouldn't have made sense to you yet. :rolleyes:

Is it such a crime for me to not be such a cheapskate? Yes I would pay for DLC if I wanted to download it. I pay for it all the time. And when I pay for it, I pay whatever the asking price is. If you're looking at the glass as half-empty, then sure you're going to be bitter about how much money they are charging for DLC, etc etc OR you could look at the glass as half full and say "look at all this content I get for 'x' dollars!" If I don't like what they're selling I don't buy it.

I guess I'm just able to withstand a little more disappointment than you when it comes to my gaming experience, but what do I know since I "defend everything the developers do"? :rolleyes:

A lot of times that I experience some glitch in the gameplay, yes its disappointing. Am I going to rant and rave about how the game sucks and does not work and I want my money back? Hell no. I made the purchase as the consumer to buy what they are selling. How exactly then does that make me a "defender" of the developer? If anything, I'm trying to point out the fact that whining about something like this is pointless, but for whatever reason you seem to have this idea wrapped around your head that I'm some angelic spokesperson for the company 'that can do no wrong!'

By the way, saying that I defend everything the developers do is a load of hogwash. I would completely agree with you to say that it's totally unacceptable for us gamers to be left in the dark about something that was promised to be included in the game. But after there's an announcement of delaying features, and further updates from the company stating that they are working on it, I don't really see the point in complaining about it anymore.

Notice, I never said "now that they have told us that they are working on it that makes everything fine"...I'm saying to just be patient. Feel free to continue to vent your frustration while I sit at my computer eating Chex mix and waiting patiently for the update to be released this week...

Terminal Meltdown
26th Oct 2010, 18:30
Well... I'm still looking forward to the PC update. It sounds like it's being worked on. When it does finally release, it will show the immense commitment CD has for GOL.

Denis..
27th Oct 2010, 00:12
well when than co op update released i gonna be straight! enough with this unfinished game..i go for undead nightmare! see u all there..

Danielsun_
27th Oct 2010, 15:14
Undead nightmare is multiplayer? I thought it was only single

Denis..
27th Oct 2010, 17:15
google it..multiplayer and single player and new trophies! same date released for both consoles..not like eidos and their boyfriends at microsoft! lol daniel i laughed at your signature! pie flavour