PDA

View Full Version : Lethal (press x) affairs...

sonicsidewinder
17th Oct 2010, 20:15
This may have already been answered pre-thread, so i apologise.

But during the glorious 2-0 Everton victory and a tasty beverage, i had a brain surge. I thought to myself,
"Woah sonicsidewinder, wait there for a second..."

There is conformation of two specific play-types. Social and combative.

One you don trench-coat, the other you model a er...combat suit? a Jacket or Vest thing?

How in the hell are 'Lethal take-downs' going to work with Adam wearing his dude's-ville jacket? Surely it will be ripped from those razor sharp forearm blades he's packing? It looks a rather expensive garment! I wouldnt like to rip it!

'BS' asside, it's nitpicking, but has anyone else thought similar?

Mindmute
17th Oct 2010, 20:20
How in the hell are 'Lethal take-downs' going to work with Adam wearing his dude's-ville jacket? Surely it will be ripped from those razor sharp forearm blades he's packing? It looks a rather expensive garment! I wouldnt like to rip it!

It's been lightly discussed regarding the Claymore aug, we're basically waiting to see how it goes.

Kodaemon
17th Oct 2010, 20:22
It probably works like this: you sneak up on an enemy press X, Adam goes into a world of psychedelic colours, and is inexplicably stripped naked. He is then equally inexplicably re-dressed into a modified japanese schoolgirl outfit and proceeds to punish the enemy in the name of the Moon.

Facebyface
17th Oct 2010, 20:27
It probably works like this: you sneak up on an enemy press X, Adam goes into a world of psychedelic colours, and is inexplicably stripped naked. He is then equally inexplicably re-dressed into a modified japanese schoolgirl outfit and proceeds to punish the enemy in the name of the Moon.

Dude, whatever you're on....

Can I have some?

Blade_hunter
17th Oct 2010, 20:28

I hoped for that one :D you win the internetz :thumb: kudos.

TrickyVein
17th Oct 2010, 20:29
This is what I was saying before! It'll be something like AJ saying "Go, go CLAYMORE" and he'll transform through a dazzling display of colors to some kind of shiny, crime-fighting tough guy. Trench coat-problem solved.

JCpies
17th Oct 2010, 20:30

Nope, his eyes begin to glow as he strips to reveal the ultra tight skinsuit which has the power to control giant robots and vicious furry animals and proceeds to charge at the enemy while a wolf and a deer follow suit and pummle the enemy to death.

AlexOfSpades
17th Oct 2010, 20:34
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1102/sailormoon1hw7y.jpg

Thank you, thank you, my editing abilities are indeed fantastic.

Now, answering the OP:

I think that trenchcoat is going to be used only in the begging, in some cutscenes. No actual gameplay i think?

Blade_hunter
17th Oct 2010, 20:41
Oh I have something like:
Adam Jensen Gattai !
*Adam is transforming into a super robot*
-Claymore sword come to me!
*A claymore sword falls from the sky*
The sword enlightens and Adam screams *Claymore clash!!* and finish that horde of punks with a special spinning finisher that ends with violent explosions when they die.

sonicsidewinder
17th Oct 2010, 21:59
Jensonetta?

:cool: My query is answered.

Rindill the Red
17th Oct 2010, 23:35
You guys are so nit-picky.

If the inventory system is like Deus Ex 1 (as many of you wish), then under that not-so-baggy coat Jensen will also be carrying, for example: a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, a pistol, a machine gun, a few grenades, a combat shotgun, enough ammo to take on a platoon, a few multi-tools, a bunch of napalm canisters for the flamethrower, a crossbow, a few thermoptic camos, a few bullet proof vests... you get the idea.

It's an FPS/RPG classic, it just fades into the background of gameplay. The first game to really make inventory realistic was Halo, which only let you carry two guns and a set number of grenades.

Plus, look at the bright side, when it comes time to have the obligatory sexes he can instantly pop out into his birthday suit.

LeMoN_LiMe
17th Oct 2010, 23:48
maybe itll be a video game and it wont freaking matter?

more important things to worry about dude

FrankCSIS
18th Oct 2010, 02:20

It's not that it matters or not, in itself, so much as it makes some people wonder how it will be rendered. More important is the possible limitations of trenchcoat mode that come with it. Does it mean that trench coat will automatically mean being placed in situations where you know for sure some augs won't be used? We know you can pull your gun while donning the flowered trench, but we haven't seen any action augs used while wrapped in leather. Is it a coincidence, or is it a potential built-in limitation depending on whether the levels are social or action oriented?

This is one area where I trust them to not be foolish enough to allow style to get in the way of gameplay, but from a neutral poin of view the question can be asked.

rokstrombo
18th Oct 2010, 04:12
I'm pretty sure there will be a different animation for the Claymore augmentation when Adam is wearing his coat, where Adam is frantically shaking the explosives out of his sleeves and screaming before they explode and kill him.

TrickyVein
18th Oct 2010, 04:27
Heheehehee...:)

That'd be some super-tough material he's wearing.

pringlepower
18th Oct 2010, 04:29
I'm pretty sure there will be a different animation for the Claymore augmentation when Adam is wearing his coat, where Adam is frantically shaking the explosives out of his sleeves and screaming before they explode and kill him.

He could just take off his cape in a very awesome and sexy fashion, letting it blow away dramatically (in slow-motion) in the wind, then do his claymore spin. And then the vacuum caused by the explosion's displacement of air returns his coat back to his hand.

KSingh77
18th Oct 2010, 05:26
Lets hope Adam can take his jacket off quickly to use the blades and preform a double takedown.

Maybe Motoko can use that towards her advance to deliver a roundhouse kick to Adam while he distracted by the major's less clothed body.

sonicsidewinder
18th Oct 2010, 23:49
He could just take off his cape in a very awesome and sexy fashion, letting it blow away dramatically (in slow-motion)

Summat like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvMgFd821gU#t=11m36s

[EDIT] I apologise for that guys AWFUL commentary...

Rindill the Red
19th Oct 2010, 00:30

I imagine he'd do something quite like the sprinkler.

AlexOfSpades
19th Oct 2010, 11:22
He could just take off his cape in a very awesome and sexy fashion, letting it blow away dramatically (in slow-motion) in the wind, then do his claymore spin. And then the vacuum caused by the explosion's displacement of air returns his coat back to his hand.

That was so awesome. If he can have grenade launchers across the body, maybe he can also have some soundboxes to play some sexy music when he does it too.

The song could also help in Social combat, to leave the person in the mood.

JCpies
19th Oct 2010, 15:58

more important things to worry about dude

*David Attenborough voice* And, in the turn of the century, the new generation of gamers begin to become more serious about their beliefs of casual gaming. Some say that the gaming industry has devolved rather than evolved over time, is this visible proof of these statements? Some believe that the 'new generation' care only about killing tramps and civilians than the overall experience of a game.

BigBoss
19th Oct 2010, 17:47
This may have already been answered pre-thread, so i apologise.

But during the glorious 2-0 Everton victory and a tasty beverage, i had a brain surge. I thought to myself,
"Woah sonicsidewinder, wait there for a second..."

There is conformation of two specific play-types. Social and combative.

One you don trench-coat, the other you model a er...combat suit? a Jacket or Vest thing?

I would rather have the ability even if it doesn't make sense with the jacket then not have it

Anu
19th Oct 2010, 17:57
You pull a Hitman - leave your tailored bits, erm, coat, I mean, neatly folded on the ground, go kill the guy, drag him to the nearest dumpster, then backtrack and redress. And brush your cuffs.

BigBoss
1st Nov 2010, 16:07
You pull a Hitman - leave your tailored bits, erm, coat, I mean, neatly folded on the ground, go kill the guy, drag him to the nearest dumpster, then backtrack and redress. And brush your cuffs.

I think the ultimate challenge would be if you had to get silent assassin, on hard difficulty, in the nude.