PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a deus ex 3 without bugs?!

cythetyx
9th Oct 2010, 03:35
I only hope that "DE" come out without bugs or "surprises of compatibility", it's preferible to have a good finished product...

when we gonna have the system reqs?

thanks
and sorry for my english

Pinky_Powers
9th Oct 2010, 05:24
I for one want Human Revolution riddled with bugs, quirks and broken game systems.

NKD
9th Oct 2010, 05:32
I for one want Human Revolution riddled with bugs, quirks and broken game systems.

Ditto, it'll be more true to the original that way.

Jerion
9th Oct 2010, 05:34
There will inevitably be some issues at release since no amount of in-house testing can catch all the real world problems, but the team has been working very quickly on squashing bugs as they are encountered by the playtest groups. I have no doubt the finished game will be very polished.

OwlSolar
9th Oct 2010, 06:12
Thirded on this.

beastosterone
9th Oct 2010, 06:51
If a game doesn't have bugs then it was too safe and very simple

Remington
9th Oct 2010, 09:09

Fourthed. Maybe then we can find bugs that let us slip away from boss fights a-la Deus Ex.

Corpus
9th Oct 2010, 10:49
We want this, the developers want this. Its the same with every game but theres always going to be at least one tiny bug somewhere.

Red
9th Oct 2010, 11:00
"Who wants a deus ex 3 without bugs?!"

I mean, WTF kind of a question is that? Who DOES want his game to be infested with bugs? O_o

mad825
9th Oct 2010, 11:11
yes....a bug free game.

why don't you guys go to a forum where they accept escapist and fantasist because quite a few of you are not down to earth in reality.

Pinky_Powers
9th Oct 2010, 11:31
why don't you guys go to a forum where they accept escapist and fantasist...

I thought that was here? :confused:

SageSavage
9th Oct 2010, 11:57
Nope, here's the forum for escapists and sarcastics - slight difference there.

mad825
9th Oct 2010, 12:36
I thought that was here? :confused:

I dont think that's even possible, far too many people are interested in realism(realistic)/philosophical/religious debates

Pinky_Powers
9th Oct 2010, 13:02
My philosophy is to always let my mind reach for the fantastical. And by my unbridled will I forge my surroundings into a place welcoming of my fantastic mind.

azarhal
9th Oct 2010, 13:09
"Who wants a deus ex 3 without bugs?!"

I mean, WTF kind of a question is that? Who DOES want his game to be infested with bugs? O_o

At least 4 people in this thread apparently.

:hmm:

JCpies
9th Oct 2010, 13:23
Nope, here's the forum for escapists and sarcastics - slight difference there.

Sarcastics? Where?

jcd3nt0n
9th Oct 2010, 13:35
Fourthed. Maybe then we can find bugs that let us slip away from boss fights a-la Deus Ex.

YES! :lmao::nut::group_hug:

Facebyface
9th Oct 2010, 13:56

Fifthed. We need dialogue to lock up too.

SageSavage
9th Oct 2010, 14:01
Sarcastics? Where?
Hiding behind unbreakable boxes.

Angel-A
9th Oct 2010, 17:32

I agree, also, because who would possibly want HR to run smoothly? What a silly topic this is... Game better have ghosting walls and non-stop crashing.

Sabretooth1
9th Oct 2010, 19:16

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread title.

AlexOfSpades
9th Oct 2010, 21:32
I guess the fate of this thread is already obvious

St. Mellow
9th Oct 2010, 21:49
I guess the fate of this thread is already obvious

I'll just get a post for my count then. Also, sixthed. Bugs and glitches make everything more fun. Eris demands her chaos.

icks
9th Oct 2010, 23:17
I don't understand all the abuse going the OP's way. His english isn't the best, and he's apologised for it. I'm sure he doesn't mean game breaking and crashing bugs but little things that make a game polished.

For example, take the UT3 debacle which i'm most familiar with, that was awful when it came out. And it suffered.

I.e I (also) hope they don't release it until the devs are happy with it regardless of having to push back dates or meet publisher requirements etc.

mad825
9th Oct 2010, 23:54
I don't understand all the abuse going the OP's way. His english isn't the best, and he's apologised for it. I'm sure he doesn't mean game breaking and crashing bugs but little things that make a game polished.

For example, take the UT3 debacle which i'm most familiar with, that was awful when it came out. And it suffered.

I.e I (also) hope they don't release it until the devs are happy with it regardless of having to push back dates or meet publisher requirements etc.

the OP's statement is quite clear,no bugs thus not a single bug in the game. nobody wants bugs and it's pretty impossible to get any software without bugs.

don't get it on release date then, I cannot think of one game that isn't riddled with bugs on release better yet most of the time games wont work. Considering this is a closed beta that they are doing there will a huge amount of bugs and don't really expect the game to run first time for PC gamers.

cythetyx@ spec requirements are normally released until a few weeks or a month before, from what I understand so long as you have a DX10 compatible Graphics card (512mb? of VRAM), a DUO 2.5Ghz CPU and 3GB of RAM I doubt there would be too much problems.

spm1138
10th Oct 2010, 00:02
Alas, no game comes out entirely finished. There's never enough time to finish everything (and if you try you end up with Duke Nukem Forever).

Still it'd be nice if it wasn't BC3K bad.

Pinky_Powers
10th Oct 2010, 00:15
^... Or Invisible War bad.

:mad2:

most of the time games wont work.

That's not true. Most games do work, fist day. They may have a few oddities that need ironing out, but most games are acceptably functional. Very few games simply don't work on release day.

spm1138
10th Oct 2010, 00:23
Well there is this horribly lazy mindset of "We'll send any old crap to the factory on the gold disk and fix with a day zero patch" creeping in lately.

Pinky_Powers
10th Oct 2010, 00:27
^... I'll agree to that.

"Those bastards!"

mad825
10th Oct 2010, 00:43
That's not true. Most games do work, fist day. They may have a few oddities that need ironing out, but most games are acceptably functional. Very few games simply don't work on release day.

oddities...like CTDs that render the game unplayable, hardware incapabilities, instalment errors, memory leaks on start-up...I could go on.

it's true but thankfully it's not very common **Stares at games by (ex-)Pandemic Studios**

Tverdyj
10th Oct 2010, 01:21
the OP's statement is quite clear,no bugs thus not a single bug in the game. nobody wants bugs and it's pretty impossible to get any software without bugs.

don't get it on release date then, I cannot think of one game that isn't riddled with bugs on release better yet most of the time games wont work. Considering this is a closed beta that they are doing there will a huge amount of bugs and don't really expect the game to run first time for PC gamers.

cythetyx@ spec requirements are normally released until a few weeks or a month before, from what I understand so long as you have a DX10 compatible Graphics card (512mb? of VRAM), a DUO 2.5Ghz CPU and 3GB of RAM I doubt there would be too much problems.

if the underlined is true, you have made my day.
It means it'll work on my laptop

Pinky_Powers
10th Oct 2010, 01:23
oddities...like CTDs that render the game unplayable, hardware incapabilities, instalment errors, memory leaks on start-up...I could go on.

it's true but thankfully it's not very common **Stares at games by (ex-)Pandemic Studios**

It always sucks when it happens. And it happens enough to piss off any PC gamer. But most games are functional on release day. The inevitable Patches are oh-so welcome, of course. :) There are always a number of things that need to be fixed, and some are rather severe. But I can count on one hand the number of times I bought a game and it just didn't work.

Even games that are clearly ports, and not even especially good ports, are most of the time playably functional.

But there is no denying the Industry needs to fear their customers more. As a whole, they can do so much better than they are doing.

There are exceptions, though; companies that honestly try their best. I see Valve as one of those... maybe CryTek too.

cythetyx
10th Oct 2010, 18:50
thanks for all the replys!
and let's take civilization V as an example of what developers should not do (releasing a beta version...) it takes two updates to play it, and still...

But i got some faith in eidos. damn i want my deus ex 3 and thief 4!!

cythetyx
10th Oct 2010, 19:42
to those who criticize this post (escapist or sarcasm) please realize that lately a lot games are going out with major bugs only because they developers hurry up in getting it out. I'm just bringing the subject beacuse to me is very important

Serendip1ty
10th Oct 2010, 20:38
to those who criticize this post (escapist or sarcasm) please realize that lately a lot games are going out with major bugs only because they developers hurry up in getting it out. I'm just bringing the subject beacuse to me is very important

I think you are mixing up publishers & developers...

cythetyx
10th Oct 2010, 20:55
maybe, but that´s not the point, see?

3rdmillhouse
11th Oct 2010, 20:27
I only hope that "DE" come out without bugs or "surprises of compatibility", it's preferible to have a good finished product...

when we gonna have the system reqs?

thanks
and sorry for my english

Fvck no, I love bugs. Nothing gives me a bigger bonner than the game leaking memory and crashing my rig every 15 minutes.

cythetyx
14th Oct 2010, 20:37
Fvck no, I love bugs. Nothing gives me a bigger bonner than the game leaking memory and crashing my rig every 15 minutes.

to those who criticize this post (escapist or sarcasm) please realize that lately a lot games are going out with major bugs only because the publishers hurry up in getting it out. I'm just bringing the subject beacuse to me is very important.

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 20:41
Why won't you just believe us? We want broken games!

cythetyx
14th Oct 2010, 21:01
Why won't you just believe us? We want broken games!

ok ok :scratch:

Irate_Iguana
14th Oct 2010, 21:07
to those who criticize this post (escapist or sarcasm) please realize that lately a lot games are going out with major bugs only because the publishers hurry up in getting it out. I'm just bringing the subject beacuse to me is very important.

You have to understand that your original question was a bit weird. That attracted the comedy. If you had expressed concern that the game would ship with game breaking bugs because the studio might be under pressure to release something the answers would have probably been different.

You are right in seeing that quite a few games these days are shipped with bugs that should really have been caught by even a semi-sentient Q&A team. HR will probably not contain those types of failures. This is the first project of the studio. There is an awful lot riding on it. They have to make sure that the game delivers right out of the box or it is the end of the studio.

cythetyx
14th Oct 2010, 21:18
You have to understand that your original question was a bit weird. That attracted the comedy. If you had expressed concern that the game would ship with game breaking bugs because the studio might be under pressure to release something the answers would have probably been different.

You are right in seeing that quite a few games these days are shipped with bugs that should really have been caught by even a semi-sentient Q&A team. HR will probably not contain those types of failures. This is the first project of the studio. There is an awful lot riding on it. They have to make sure that the game delivers right out of the box or it is the end of the studio.

sorry, maybe my english make it a little harder....
and the "question" was a "title"; see? but well , to much for this people to understand i guess