PDA

View Full Version : Did you enjoy the game?

angelus0901
8th Oct 2010, 14:50
Okay, I was a bit sceptical about the game, but I decided to buy it.

I loved it!! Completely. It had everything I wanted: puzzles, enemies, BOSSES... I died so many times and lost so many points I couldn't believe it... ;)

I want to know what you all have to say. But please, leave the whole: "Where the hell is the Co-op patch?!" or "I don't like the game because there's no Online Co-op!" out of this thread. I don't want to hear about it. The patch will be ready when it's ready.

Maybe this thread could be sticky, like in TRU section... What do you say, Mods? :D

BlueSkiesXXV
8th Oct 2010, 15:08
I really enjoyed it as a single player game :)

chriss_99
8th Oct 2010, 16:08
When I first heard the news about GoL and saw the first shreenshots, I must admit that I was quite surprised!

I soon realised that it's an excellent idea and started getting really excited. I was happy to hear that the game is getting very god reviews on E3 and people who played it really enjoyed it.

When I finally got my hands on the game I was mesmerized! Everything about the game is great! Although it's not a Tomb Raider game, it has a lot of features that I was missing in the past releases. Keep up the good work Crystal and thank you for this fantastic game. :)

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 17:37
im in level 6 atm..so far it's a good game..

Terminal Meltdown
8th Oct 2010, 18:22
It's great :) I highly recommend it. Play the demo if you want a taste. I purchased the full version immediately after playing the DEMO once. It is a quality game and I am impressed by the detail and level of coding that went into this game. It's a steal for $15 bucks. You just can't beat the price for a game of this magnitude.

I hope more people realize that these developers need support and to contribute their positive feedback. I don't want to see this game die off because of a bunch of complainers, it wouldn't be fair to all the people who actually like this game who want more content from it.

CuRsEdZx
8th Oct 2010, 19:32
Can't answer this poll as I haven't played it yet...

Bought it the hour it was released on PSN and just waiting on co-op to be implemented so that I may play the game through the first time with my brother.

I played the demo on co-op and it was alot more fun than single player.<<<the reason I refuse to play the game through on single player first...dont want to spoil the game before I experience it on co-op first...

CuRsEdZx
8th Oct 2010, 19:41
Okay, I was a bit sceptical about the game, but I decided to buy it.

I loved it!! Completely. It had everything I wanted: puzzles, enemies, BOSSES... I died so many times and lost so many points I couldn't believe it... ;)

I want to know what you all have to say. But please, leave the whole: "Where the hell is the Co-op patch?!" or "I don't like the game because there's no Online Co-op!" out of this thread. I don't want to hear about it. The patch will be ready when it's ready.

Maybe this thread could be sticky, like in TRU section... What do you say, Mods? :D

The game is fine...its the devs that have issues on updating the customers...

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 20:06
agreed

Stellalune
9th Oct 2010, 01:52
This is truly one of the best games I've played in years. I'm looking forward to online co-op, sure, but the single-player game is so much fun, and the local co-op is even better. The levels are very well designed. The balance between combat, puzzle-solving and platforming is near perfect. The difficulty level ramps up nicely, and the optional challenges make me want to go back and replay levels again and again. Crystal, you guys have totally outdone yourselves. If this is the little filler game, I can't wait to see TR9. Fantastic!

Paddy
28th Oct 2010, 03:43
Initially I didnt but over time Ive come to really like this game :)

naraku
28th Oct 2010, 05:03
Yes, it's a nice standalone game that sets itself apart from Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Not just because of the lack of the TR name. Can't wait for the DLC to come. Nice work CD.

Ants_27_
28th Oct 2010, 09:34
I'll be honest I've not been on it since the first weekend that I bought it, so I was never that far into it.

But...

What I played I did enjoy and I'm glad they had the isometric kind of camera. it's just a case of getting around to finishing it off!:lol:

angelus0901
28th Oct 2010, 21:42
This is truly one of the best games I've played in years. I'm looking forward to online co-op, sure, but the single-player game is so much fun, and the local co-op is even better. The levels are very well designed. The balance between combat, puzzle-solving and platforming is near perfect. The difficulty level ramps up nicely, and the optional challenges make me want to go back and replay levels again and again. Crystal, you guys have totally outdone yourselves. If this is the little filler game, I can't wait to see TR9. Fantastic!

Thank you for voting and posting your opinion, Stella! I really appreciate it. And I agree with you, one of the best games in years... :D

And the DLC is out, which makes it even better, because they're so difficult, I died so many times, especially in the Tooth and Nail level, damn spikes! :mad2:

I love the Temple Defense level. So many enemies, yaay! :D

What do you other Xbox360 players think about the DLC?

Stellalune
28th Oct 2010, 22:29
To be honest, I wasn't wild about this first DLC. The traps were certainly creative--fiendish even--but I prefer puzzles that take more time and logic to beat, rather than fast reflexes to avoid dying over and over. Still, if you're into that kind of thing, these puzzles are great. And I certainly have no right to complain at that price. ;)

I hope we'll see some more full levels in the future. That would be great.

angelus0901
21st Nov 2010, 12:19
To be honest, I wasn't wild about this first DLC. The traps were certainly creative--fiendish even--but I prefer puzzles that take more time and logic to beat, rather than fast reflexes to avoid dying over and over.

I agree with you compeletely. As I said, I didn't like the level Tooth and Nail because of that, too many spiked floors... But I loved Temple defense. ;)

DarkManos
22nd Nov 2010, 00:13
I really loved it! Traps all over the place, bosses, challenges... It really remind me TR 2 with all these traps (it had the first and last levels full of it). Felt little weird that it looks like an RPG, but is amazing game (missed Mrs Croft from 3rd person close up :D). I believe they are preparing a really big Lara adventure. I mean is only from internet buy & download...

_Love2Raid_
22nd Nov 2010, 22:48
Yes, very much! :D

I still haven´t played coop yet though. :mad2:

angelus0901
23rd Nov 2010, 17:53
Yes, very much! :D

I still haven´t played coop yet though. :mad2:

You haven't? Well you should, it's a lot of fun!!! ;) :D

Hoodedclaw
4th Dec 2010, 17:43
I really enjoyed the game!!! :thumb:

When i 1st heard news about the game i didnt really think it would be gd at all and i wasnt actually going to bye it. :(

But i had to and i did and it's really gd fun iv completed it and played online and its really gd. I would give it %100!!! :D

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Dec 2010, 15:55
I enjoyed the game, but I did not enjoy the multiplayer. In fact, I wasn't even able to find a game online.

I bought the game the day it came out, and I was disapointed when I heared the multiplayer wasn't finished yet. By the time it came available, I was already playing another game. After a month or so I decided to start playing tGoL again, and I tryed to join an online game. For some reason I couldnt (and still can't) find a single game, and when I start a game no one will join. This and the stupid prizes (Microsoft being greedy) for DLC's ruined my online-experience.

misscati98
11th Jan 2011, 17:26
when i heard it was a co op game i could not belive it! but i havnt been able to find it in shops tho so what shops is it on??

angelus0901
11th Jan 2011, 20:24
when i heard it was a co op game i could not belive it! but i havnt been able to find it in shops tho so what shops is it on??

You won't find it in any shop. It's digital download ONLY, so depending the platform you play on, you can download it on either Steam (PC), XLIVE Marketplace (Xbox360) or PSN (PS3).

tonni22
18th Jan 2011, 06:13
Hi
Friends I have shared very useful information with us. I just enter this site it’s really amazing and lot of wonderful to study for horror stories. You will be benefit with this.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------
Boo Ink Ghostwriters (http://booink.com)

angelus0901
18th Jan 2011, 21:08
yes
i did more enjoy and i got more fun.

thanks

I'm glad, tonni! ;)

EJB
8th Feb 2011, 15:22
Excellent, however......too much intense fighting.....poor directional control on a PC keypad.
Pressing two keys to hold a direction often stops the 'jump' (and others) action......a real pain:)

Stellalune
8th Feb 2011, 18:47
I agree with EJB. The keyboard/mouse controls are definitely lacking. I much prefer playing with an Xbox 360 style controller for Windows. It's totally plug-and-play and although it takes a little retraining if you're used to the keyboard, it's really fairly intuitive. Movement and targeting are 100x easier that way.

angelus0901
8th Feb 2011, 19:08
Stella said all, EJB. It's definitely easier to play with an X360 Controller. Playing with a mouse and keyboard is a pain in the butt...

EJB
11th Feb 2011, 16:50
Thanks for your suggestions I'll source an XBox type controller.:)

Gemma_Darkmoon_
23rd Mar 2011, 04:25
The game looks, plays great and it's clear they put alot of effort into it. I don't though think it's as good as the Tomb Raider games though.

ThePunkVampire
20th Nov 2011, 00:00
Scared to buy it... i mean its probly a good game dont get me wrong but just not good enough to call this chick tomb raider....They shouldve called this game something different making a totally new one and keeping the original...

Saman
21st Dec 2011, 16:41
Yes, I did. :)

For me it's looking a fantastic game but like digital experience, they did the good thing, I was really enjoy play coop with friends, try to done challenges and yes some of them it's pretty hard, love to play it again some times but only on DLC's custom pack, still a good game to buy and play.

But my rate to game is 6, what is that for?! It's because there is still some baggs on the PC version didn't fix yet, people find more glitches, looks like anti cheat system isn't work because you can see impossible score and times on the leader boards, it's not fair, and of course horrible controllers on the PC, it's terrible some times, the camera angel is totally fine, many people complain about it so much but for me it's fine, it had to be like that.

Quolli
31st Dec 2011, 07:29
I tried out the demo. Lara moved wonderfully, the graphics were superb and it was generally quite fun. However I didn't get because of the frustrating keyboard and mouse controls! It felt too gamepad centred and button combos were really weird.

angelus0901
1st Jan 2012, 20:50
frustrating keyboard and mouse controls!

I agree with you on this. I tried to play it with a keyboard but couldn't so stopped playing it on my PC altogether... Glad I have it on my Xbox360...

croft91
10th Feb 2012, 19:37
U no I never played LC and the guardian of light coz I never got any money to buy it. I'm finkin bout gettin it on PS3 wen I can. Is it better on a games console than PC, then?

Croft maniac
12th Mar 2012, 17:48
It was alright but I prefer the normal style of TR play and it was just too difficult to play using a keyboard.

underworldraider
6th May 2012, 21:10
I found the concepts quite impressive, but the storyline and actual game play was alright.

I downloaded the demo, and played through it. The graphics were mildly impressive, and I found the game play camera was glitchy. The controls were also a bit difficult to master, and I often found myself running into walls and falling into pits :lol:. Unfortunately I didn't find it was all it was hyped out to be so I did not purchase the full game.

Olenka
11th Jun 2012, 14:42
This game is hilarious, specially if you play at home with someone you know. So funny! XD

LaraCroft1990
1st Aug 2012, 15:02
yeah i enjoyd it! gonna be playing it again as im doing a walkthrough on my youtube gotta finish it off :)

pidipidi39
9th Sep 2012, 17:27
it's a cool game. Nothing more, nothing less. it's very very short, but it is challenging.

Weemanply109
14th Dec 2012, 01:27
Probably the most fun TR experience in a while, it definitely had the hardest puzzles from any Crystal TR game.

Sadly it was too short, but nonetheless it was great.

Coralie
14th Dec 2012, 19:35
The coop experience is amazing, the puzzles are great ! I haven't finished it yet with my best friend but I definitively love this game ! :)

Agent Croft
22nd Feb 2013, 17:37
I was a good game and I enjoyed it but I hope CD put their focus into the main series games. Sometimes it was a little too much about speed rather that thinking ways through the puzzles.

phatpantz
27th Feb 2013, 17:37
It wasn't too bad but I probably wouldn't replay it. The fixed isometric viewpoint (with tiny Lara) made the controls clumsy and some of the puzzles meant it was impossible not to die first or second attempt as no hint system.

Andes
25th Apr 2013, 21:19
It's an excellent game, Lara in full-on action mode in a way which only enhanced the Tomb Raider world to my mind. Many of the locations were mindblowingly detailed and steeped in atmosphere, and the gameplay, especially during well spent father-son time, is spot on.

As their recent follow-up confirms what I thought at the time of GoL, Lara and her franchise are in good hands with Square Enix. Respect to them.

Matie
1st May 2013, 17:57
Absolutely! Single player was good, co-op was so much fun, lots of challenges and collectibles, awesome co-op puzzles, sneaky traps, beautiful levels - I loved this game. :)

Rai
4th May 2013, 16:28
My son and I had quite a bit of fun to begin with, especially with some of the puzzles. But to be honest we both got a tad fed up with the numerous enemies and the isometric camera view; we just couldn't get on with it. I thought I'd have a go playing in single player, but gave up after a while.

ClaireBrooks
19th Jul 2013, 07:57
I was mesmerized when I eventually got my hands on the game! Everything about the sport is amazing! It has lots of attributes that I had been missing in the previous releases, although it's not a Tomb Raider game. Keep up the great work Crystal and thanks for this game.