PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh Start?

Stick Men
7th Oct 2010, 22:50
I've played through LCGoL on normal difficulty, earning all the single player achievements and now I want to play it through again on hard difficulty. How can I start a new game from scratch so I can go through and do all the collecting again? Will I be forced to delete the save data (or something equally draconian), or is there a better way to restart?

Nemesis296
8th Oct 2010, 04:25
I've played through LCGoL on normal difficulty, earning all the single player achievements and now I want to play it through again on hard difficulty. How can I start a new game from scratch so I can go through and do all the collecting again? Will I be forced to delete the save data (or something equally draconian), or is there a better way to restart?

I don't know for sure, but I ran into the same issue with my first co-op run with a subsequent single player run. All of the relics and such I earned in co-op were unlocked in single player. Unfortunately I think you will have to wipe your save data though I am hoping that by the time I get interested in GoL again they will have fixed this with a patch to the game. If you figure out a way to do it other than using a different account or wiping your data completely be sure to post your findings here!

LCGOL_TR8Exclusive
18th Oct 2010, 09:32

You cand from Option@Setting to restart to Hard mode. just need you custom set it to hard mode, then enter to the L01 Temple of Light, so you playing, you wished hard mode is already running start!

Marluxia15
19th Oct 2010, 01:35
I am on the Xbox 360 and, although there is no way to simply reset the game, I found that making a new Xbox Profile will allow you to start over. A patch should fix this at some point, but it's only a minor problem.

kboleen
19th Oct 2010, 15:12
Maybe try to save current game to a flash drive and then play around with the system until you figure something out without having to worry about losing current information.

Keir
20th Oct 2010, 12:42
I asked Steph from Crystal Dynamics QA. Here's what she says:

Unfortunately, if you want to collect all the items again, you'll have either have to delete your save or create a new profile.

Of course, to replay the levels, you don't have to do either. I would recommend playing the levels with all the cool items before doing anything drastic like clearing a save. It’s quite fun to just “own” all the enemies and blaze through like the king :D

Nemesis296
20th Oct 2010, 13:37
I asked Steph from Crystal Dynamics QA. Here's what she says:

Unfortunately, if you want to collect all the items again, you'll have either have to delete your save or create a new profile.

Of course, to replay the levels, you don't have to do either. I would recommend playing the levels with all the cool items before doing anything drastic like clearing a save. It’s quite fun to just “own” all the enemies and blaze through like the king :D

How come there isn't a separate save for co-op and single player? That is really my only gripe with the save system. My friend and I played co-op when the game first came out, did all of the challenge tombs, etc. I wanted to go back and play the puzzles again to find out how they differ in single player and not even just for the items, but just to solve the puzzles again. The puzzles were already solved though, as in there was really no point to play them again other than for score challenges or things that I may have missed in the co-op playthrough.

Would be really nice if there was a separation between single player and co-op :thumb:

Denis..
20th Oct 2010, 14:15
well the game basically created for co op not for single player that's why it's much easier to do those things in single player because they haven't work so much on it to give the feeling of a different thing

Nemesis296
20th Oct 2010, 14:51
well the game basically created for co op not for single player that's why it's much easier to do those things in single player because they haven't work so much on it to give the feeling of a different thing

But that's the thing...they did do that. Some puzzles are completely different for the single player vs co-op experience. Challenge tombs are probably the areas where this is most evident. Once you do them in one playthrough though (co-op or single player), you can't do them again in the other mode. It's just slightly annoying :mad2: