PDA

View Full Version : On which platform are you going to play?

DavidPlisken
6th Oct 2010, 21:29
I'm a moderate PC gamer, I played the original Deus Ex only on the PC. But I was wondering?
Wich platformer would be better. I dont have a verry high end PC, so my choice is going
towards my PS3. But if people think PC is better, I might upgrade it?

So what is everyone's thoughts about this?

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Oct 2010, 21:31
PC. There are other platforms one can play games on? :D

http://kindalame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/trollface.gif

DavidPlisken
6th Oct 2010, 21:40
Good one (lol), Is there any reason you prefer the PC? I know people are going to say mouse keyboard combo ftw.
But somehow a console feels to be more accessible.

AJacobson
6th Oct 2010, 21:43
The PC version should be the best version as long it's not a direct console port, which as I understand it it shouldn't be.

The difference probably won't be very big in any case, so it's really just a matter of how much your willing to pay for a slightly better experience (opinions may very, personally I hate playing FPS's on consoles) vs. how much you'll have to pay to upgrade your rig enough to run the game better than your PS3.

TrickyVein
6th Oct 2010, 21:45
Funny you should say that. I'm butting in to the conversation, I know - deal with it. :D I play games on the PC because I think console-games are less accessible. Title cost more $$$, you have to use awkward controllers, and deal with an absolutley horrendous thumb-pad look function (for first person). I can't move around, much less aim for ***** using a controller. Mouse-look is the epitome of accessibility and streamlined control, especially for when you need to move your view fast.

DavidPlisken
6th Oct 2010, 22:01
I understand what you're saying, but consider someone who's new to pc and/or console. Both ways of playing
need some time to get used to. But the PC version needs to be installed first and has a certain operating system.
While console's are plug and play, this is what i ment with easy acces.

jkruse
6th Oct 2010, 22:12
Intending PC, though mine is a bit aged. I'll see when it gets closer to release and we get the requirements, but I ran the Tomb Raider demo without much trouble so I expect I'll be able to run it at some level.

Vendetta11
6th Oct 2010, 22:13
I'm a moderate PC gamer, I played the original Deus Ex only on the PC. But I was wondering?
Wich platformer would be better. I dont have a verry high end PC, so my choice is going
towards my PS3. But if people think PC is better, I might upgrade it?

So what is everyone's thoughts about this?

Hello fellow member of the PC Gamer fourums.... :D

Of course I will play this game on my PC.... Playing Deus Ex on a console is just sacrilegious IMO. ;)

Facebyface
6th Oct 2010, 22:17
Pc all the way. Not only because it's the only one I own, but because I really don't like FPS's when they're twenty feet away and controlled by two nubs. Other people do, that's fine but I cannot feel immersed like that.

sonicsidewinder
6th Oct 2010, 23:15
I'm a PC and Windows 7, was MY idea. :D

Tverdyj
7th Oct 2010, 00:32
PC, naturally.

if EM is being honest about developing for each platform simultaneously, we should be able to map controls anyway we want on a PC, since, just like TrickyVein, i'm absolutely horrendous when it comes to dealing with any type of control scheme that doesn't resemble WSAD

also, hopefully, there will be SDK, meaning mods.

AlexOfSpades
7th Oct 2010, 00:37
PC ~

All i have to say!

Someone make a poll~

Tverdyj
7th Oct 2010, 00:45
PC ~

All i have to say!

Someone make a poll~

again?
we've had like 3 already.

about 70% said PC.

Shralla
7th Oct 2010, 02:25
I really don't like FPS's when they're twenty feet away

Does anybody ACTUALLY sit further than ten feet from the TV? Last I checked, people were still complaining about the Wii's "sweet spot" being right around six feet, because it's apparently "too far" from the TV.

TrickyVein
7th Oct 2010, 02:38
I understand what you're saying, but consider someone who's new to pc and/or console. Both ways of playing
need some time to get used to. But the PC version needs to be installed first and has a certain operating system.
While console's are plug and play, this is what i ment with easy acces.

Are you telling me that even Windows is too complex for some people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation#Diagnosis)?

I apologize for being insensitive, but goshdarnit, that's pretty sad if you think that playing games on the PC is in anyway complex, or more complex than playing said games on a console. Unless, well...yeah. Or you're like five years old, in which case you shouldn't be playing games at all. Legos? Absolutely. Drawing? Yes. Running around outside? Required. I cannot wait to raise my own kids. They are going to grow up so right.

pringlepower
7th Oct 2010, 03:10
Are you telling me that even Windows is too complex for some people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation#Diagnosis)?

Evidently console gamers are too fricking retarded to find the cd key.

Gordon_Shea
7th Oct 2010, 03:13
Probably PC unless it's really a dire port. I love steam, so...

luminar
7th Oct 2010, 03:15
I started my gaming career on pcs with a mouse and keyboard. When I finally bought a console (about the time halo 1 was released.) I had a really hard time using the controller. specifically aiming. Now after I've practiced I find it hard to use the mouse and keyboard. I'm certain if I played pc for a certain period of time I would regain the skills but for now I've lost them.

Pinky_Powers
7th Oct 2010, 03:30
Seriously? Another "which platform" thread?

Okay.

PC... physical DVD, box and all that.

Deltaslayer
7th Oct 2010, 06:07
PC, physical media.

singularity
7th Oct 2010, 06:41

Okay.

I thought I'd seen the last of 'em too... oh well.

On topic:
Xbox. End of story.
I don't support DRM and CD keys (even if they are intuitive), after 7 years of console gaming, I became just as proficient with a controller as a mouse and key board (proficient meaning "just as happy" -- not more acurate), the game won't ship with a multiplayer mode, so I won't have to worry about online play, I'd rather play a story-driven game on the couch, in front of the TV with just the controller and the lights off, and it would cost a little bit to get my PC in DXHR shape. Also, all the roommates and neighbors want to play -- making the Xbox 360 a much easier platform for "sharing." At the end of the day, minus the extra $10 US I'd spend, I have no reason to purchase the PC title, unless info is revealed that the PC version is vastly different from the console version.

I'll probably pick up the PC version in 2-4 years, if the modding community really takes off and I think the game is worth some more go-rounds on a new PC.

OwlSolar
7th Oct 2010, 06:49
PS3.

...Don't look at me like that.

Pinky_Powers
7th Oct 2010, 07:17
I like my PC gaming so I can assure my textures are always sharp and as high-res as possible. Unfortunately, too many games are ported poorly, and all I can get above the console is AF. :hmm:

Also, on a nice monitor like mine, doesn't matter how old or sucky the game is, the crispness of the image is always impressive. :)

St. Mellow
7th Oct 2010, 16:46
PC. This thread keeps ressurectin'. Whatevs.

Shinrei
7th Oct 2010, 16:52

Okay.

PC. There are other platforms one can play games on? :D

...same goes for me.

AlexOfSpades
7th Oct 2010, 16:53
Tag, JTR, Vae, JCpie, everyone's changing their avatars.

If Pinky and NKD changes, i'll be forced to change mine too.

I cant stay out of the fashion!

Pretentious Old Man.
7th Oct 2010, 17:20
Sir Alec is here to stay, for me.

Pinky_Powers
7th Oct 2010, 19:36

Don't use me as a gauge for what's in-fashion. I've had my Avatar for six or seven years now. And my handle for over ten! I'm far too stubborn to be fashionable.

AJacobson
7th Oct 2010, 21:01
OP didn't really ask what everyone else was going to play on, he's looking for advise about what HE should play on in his situation.

The question is still kind of premature though since we don't know what differences the platforms will have at this point.

OwlSolar
7th Oct 2010, 23:39
They're all developed to be the same, although I did read somewhere that the PC version will be balanced to be a bit harder.

Romeo
8th Oct 2010, 05:09

I only ever had to change mine once. From the original "sign up" avatar, to this very chic, custom-built one (Thank you SO much, Exodus!). Pretty much has my two favourite things in it: Paris Hilton, and universal ammo.

As to the original question, I guess I'm going to have to get this for PC now. Can't mod consoles. Argh.

Quicksilver_502
8th Oct 2010, 14:29
well, i'll be using my 360 since my laptop would, and this is the technical term, s##t itself backwards if i tried to play DX3 on it.

AlexOfSpades
8th Oct 2010, 14:31
Aw, Paris Hilton and Universal Ammo?

I'm glad you were ironic!

NKD
8th Oct 2010, 15:20

My avatar is pretty generic Adam Jensen, I may change it... they don't give us much space to work with though so I'll have to get creative.

Anyway, on topic, I'll be playing on the PC. I didn't just spend a lot of money building a new machine for nothing :P

AlexOfSpades
8th Oct 2010, 15:33
My avatar is pretty generic Adam Jensen, I may change it... they don't give us much space to work with though so I'll have to get creative.

Anyway, on topic, I'll be playing on the PC. I didn't just spend a lot of money building a new machine for nothing :P

I hate this avatar and signature restrictions. Really.

We could at least have decent avatar sizes.

OwlSolar
9th Oct 2010, 06:26
Aw, Paris Hilton and Universal Ammo?

I'm glad you were ironic!

Ah, but is he?

Romeo
9th Oct 2010, 07:38
Ah, but is he?
Chew on that mystery for a while, I'm going to go play Invisible War and watch the Simple Life.

AlexOfSpades
9th Oct 2010, 15:48
Pinky changed his avatar.

* Looks at NKD *

Pinky_Powers
9th Oct 2010, 21:51
Pinky changed his avatar.

* Looks at NKD *

It's your goddamn fault! Your earlier comment about it got me thinking... which is always dangerous. :D

To be fair, it's still my own Pinky drawing I'm using. It just feels better for this forum. So it's not a complete change. ;)

Ilves
10th Oct 2010, 14:19
Winds of change! Well not really. I'll just rehash my noobie avatar for a while until I've cooked up something fresh... :naughty:

TrickyVein
10th Oct 2010, 15:15
I always liked those pouting, blue lips of yours.

hem dazon 90
10th Oct 2010, 16:40
Xbox

JCpies
10th Oct 2010, 17:21

I changed my avatar recently?

I'll catch the hacker who dares change my avatar.

I'll get it on PC, mine will likely handle it. Does anyone know the specs?

If not, PS3 is my second option.

*edit* for future reference, I'm changing my avatar now.

Ilves
10th Oct 2010, 17:38
I always liked those pouting, blue lips of yours.

And I fondly remember the days when your penguin was on fire. *nostalgia sigh*

IwantedOrange
10th Oct 2010, 17:49
The more I saw the dx3 gameplay vids, the more I lost my interest in this game.
But that wasn't really surprising, that was obvious in my opinion. The time of true quality games is simply over, just like there will never be an elvis again.

So which platform? Should I really buy that game, it will be for PC.

AlexOfSpades
10th Oct 2010, 18:22
The more I saw the dx3 gameplay vids, the more I lost my interest in this game.
But that wasn't really surprising, that was obvious in my opinion. The time of true quality games is simply over, just like there will never be an elvis again.

So which platform? Should I really buy that game, it will be for PC.

http://blurredproductions.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sisko-facepalm.jpg

Anyways, changing my avatar now

JCpies
10th Oct 2010, 18:59
[IMG]Anyways, changing my avatar now

Iwantedorange reminded me of something that happened the other day, I asked for a sparkling water at the bistro in my school, I wanted orange but she gave me a lemon lime... :hmm:

OwlSolar
10th Oct 2010, 19:05
I'm really tempted to go steal Precursor's avatar.

IwantedOrange
10th Oct 2010, 20:25
Iwantedorange reminded me of something that happened the other day, I asked for a sparkling water at the bistro in my school, I wanted orange but she gave me a lemon lime... :hmm:

As long as you didn't pay with credits, it seems to be harmless :D

Romeo
11th Oct 2010, 06:31
Yes, I suppose before I commit to PC (With controller. Yeah, revel in the heresy I just posted!) I should see if there's a dev-designed SDK, or if K^2 actually follows through with all his talk. Beyond that, I should see if my computer will be able to handle it (Preferably without turning the game into a slideshow).

NKD
11th Oct 2010, 06:52
Yes, I suppose before I commit to PC (With controller. Yeah, revel in the heresy I just posted!) I should see if there's a dev-designed SDK, or if K^2 actually follows through with all his talk. Beyond that, I should see if my computer will be able to handle it (Preferably without turning the game into a slideshow).

If I didn't have a pretty beefy rig I'd probably be all over my consoles. As far as a controller goes, I don't blame you. Sometimes a game just feels better with a controller, even on the PC. I'm not sure how that'll work out for DXHR, but we will see!

beastosterone
11th Oct 2010, 06:53
FPS never feels better with a controller.

Not an opinion.

Facebyface
11th Oct 2010, 13:35

Not an opinion.

Yes it is. It's an opinion I share, but it's still an opinion.

beastosterone
11th Oct 2010, 13:38
Certainly not.

Facebyface
11th Oct 2010, 14:04
Certainly not.

Are you really so ignorant that you can't see that some people like it better that way? Does it allude you that people who play console games actually have intelligence? Can you fathom the possibility that you're really not giving people like that a chance or a say? Really man, what gives?

Unstoppable
11th Oct 2010, 14:04
I'm still debating most likely pc but I might do 360 to increase my gamerscore. However I don't want to miss out on the cool mods :).

Kodaemon
11th Oct 2010, 15:25
I'm still debating most likely pc but I might do 360 to increase my gamerscore. However I don't want to miss out on the cool mods :).

And this is what's wrong with this very much grown up industry.

JCpies
11th Oct 2010, 15:34

No, it's perfectly reasonable, like a game within a game. Obviously I don't play games for fun, only trophies and points so I can show off to my friends.

Kodaemon
11th Oct 2010, 15:35
Mine is bigger than yours anyway.

ZIGS
11th Oct 2010, 16:09
PC, no question about it

MaxxQ1
11th Oct 2010, 17:09
PC.

I wouldn't touch a console with *someone else's* three-meter pole.

Elitist quip aside, I honestly don't have a problem with the game being developed for the console - as long as it doesn't affect a PC version.

Kodaemon
11th Oct 2010, 17:23
Which is impossible unless the PC version is primary and the console version a later port (a'la Deus Ex: The Conspiracy).
Alas, this is not the case with Human Revolution.

MaxxQ1
11th Oct 2010, 17:31
Which is impossible unless the PC version is primary and the console version a later port (a'la Deus Ex: The Conspiracy).
Alas, this is not the case with Human Revolution.

It's not impossible. I've bullseyed womp-rats in my... oh, waitaminnit!

It *is* possible to develop for both at the same time while keeping them separate. Dragon Age did that. I've seen it mentioned that the dev team has about 160 people involved. That seems awfully high, and I'm thinking that half the team is working on the PC version, while the other half are working on the console version(s).

There will be some commonality of resources such as models, tectures, levels and suchlike, but my hope is that there are going to be PC-centric features that take advantage of the capabilities of the PC. It may be a false hope, but until we see some more footage (in-game, natch), we really can't say for sure.

NKD
11th Oct 2010, 17:46
That seems awfully high, and I'm thinking that half the team is working on the PC version, while the other half are working on the console version(s).

That would be incredibly unusual, and a pretty inefficient way to design a game. Most of the people on a major game project are art asset people. Graphics, sound, animation, level design and so on. Then you have the writing staff, QA guys, and so on. All that stuff is materially the same on all platforms. Certain art assets will have to be downsampled for consoles, obviously, but it's all sourced from the same original art, and that can be done by anyone.

Only a small handful of platform-specific team members are needed. Of course, this all varies from game to game and I don't know how EM does things internally, but splitting the team half and half when very little of the work needs to be duplicated is an unlikely scenario, in the extreme.

MaxxQ1
11th Oct 2010, 17:59
That would be incredibly unusual, and a pretty inefficient way to design a game. Most of the people on a major game project are art asset people. Graphics, sound, animation, level design and so on. Then you have the writing staff, QA guys, and so on. All that stuff is materially the same on all platforms. Certain art assets will have to be downsampled for consoles, obviously, but it's all sourced from the same original art, and that can be done by anyone.

Only a small handful of platform-specific team members are needed. Of course, this all varies from game to game and I don't know how EM does things internally, but splitting the team half and half when very little of the work needs to be duplicated is an unlikely scenario, in the extreme.

Yeah, you're probably right. Either way, that number seems kinda high to me, even if most of them are working on shared assets, and only a small number creating for either platform.

The point though, is that it's *not* impossible to develop for different platforms at the same time, and it *can* be done well. I used DA as an example, and while some may argue that console development dumbed-down the PC version, no one can deny that the two versions are decidedly different in several ways, taking advantage of the strengths of each platform.

That was my main point.

Romeo
11th Oct 2010, 19:48

Not an opinion.
Yeah, it is an opinion. Your opinion isn't fact, deal with it.

Don't say anything you'll regret! You have another thread to voice your extreme distaste (A sentiment I share)!

Kodaemon
11th Oct 2010, 20:01
What did I do wrong now?...

AlexOfSpades
11th Oct 2010, 20:17
Hey look what i've found! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1439391&postcount=564)

TrickyVein
11th Oct 2010, 20:19
Snufaluf agus?

http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/snuffleupagus.jpg

Kodaemon
11th Oct 2010, 20:22
I'm really proud of the goggles.

AlexOfSpades
11th Oct 2010, 21:28
If that's truly you, i must say that i dig that helmet and mask.

Kerberus?

Kodaemon
12th Oct 2010, 05:18
Not exactly, but yeah, I have a thing for gas mask mooks - Kerberos, Killzone...

The helmet is a bog standard paintball one, the face part is a 3M half-face spraypainting mask with attached pipes from an actual gas mask, plus welding goggles converted according to my own idea for the glowing red eyes look. Here's a clearer photo of the setup, on a dummy head:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3391/helmj.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/helmj.jpg/)

Pinky_Powers
12th Oct 2010, 06:52
Ace mask! :thumb:

AlexOfSpades
12th Oct 2010, 13:47
That's one hundred percent awesome, my boy

beastosterone
12th Oct 2010, 14:10
Yeah, it is an opinion. Your opinion isn't fact, deal with it.

Definitely not an opinion. Just like if I said "I'm good with tennis rackets that weigh 50kg". No, I'm not. No, nobody is.

No, that's not an opinion. Anyone that argues otherwise hasn't enough skill or ability to discern the inherit differences between a light tennis racket and a 50kg one.

edit: The correct thing to say might be: "I'm bad at video games, and I don't really know much about them, or the potential of classic mouse and keyboard. With that in mind though, I feel that while playing modern FPS titles that are catered towards people that want to watch pretty things happen right in front of them instead of actually having to look around or have a pixel of awareness or precision, with a controller, I am able to progress through these very easy games without being made to feel like I am mentally handicapped. This is due to modern FPS games having slow and dull AI, very obvious prompts, and gameplay that is based around holding forward while everything happens directly in front of me. Additionally, autoaim. Health regeneration. However, I do understand that my ineptitude does not allow me the ability to perceive how terrible I actually am when compared to people playing FPS properly with mouse and keyboard and thus it is only with this in mind that I may consider an FPS game to "feel better" with a controller"

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

Facebyface
12th Oct 2010, 15:03
Your argument is nonsensical and comes down to the most insensitively bias opinion. I know people who play consoles, they are in no way "mentally handicapped". They like a different style of gameplay that is different from yours. Comparing it to something that is physically impossible to a human is completely outside of the point. Why you keep harping on about console players seems to of stemmed from some long lost time in your mind when you kept hearing that Deus Ex 2 was ruined only by consoles. In reality it also had to do with them wanting to keep the graphics engine up to date because, when you think about it, that makes SENSE which is something you are clearly lacking.

I can see why so many people on this forum refuse to put up with you. You act in no way logically in arguments, merely going for cheapshots to anyone that disagrees with you to put forward your ideals as the one and only. Completely rude, fanatical, and downright stupid. It IS and opinion. Deal with it yourself instead of denying it.

beastosterone
12th Oct 2010, 15:48
Your argument is nonsensical and comes down to the most insensitively bias opinion.

I know what I'm talking about. That isn't "bias", it's just knowledge.

I know people who play consoles, they are in no way "mentally handicapped". They like a different style of gameplay that is different from yours. Comparing it to something that is physically impossible to a human is completely outside of the point. Why you keep harping on about console players seems to of stemmed from some long lost time in your mind when you kept hearing that

Hm. I didn't say people that play FPS on console are mentally handicapped. I said "I am able to progress through these very easy games without being made to feel like I am mentally handicapped"

Deus Ex 2 was ruined only by consoles. In reality it also had to do with them wanting to keep the graphics engine up to date because, when you think about it, that makes

Who the hell's talking about Deus Ex 2? We're talking about controllers and their use in FPS titles. Merrrr.

SENSE which is something you are clearly lacking.

Incorrect. I make perfect sense. Admittedly I'm being a bit funny, but I still make perfect sense if you have a mind to think upon it instead of making rude "look at how he argues" posts, and, you know, actually talking about the topic. Sigh.

I can see why so many people on this forum refuse to put up with you. You act in no way logically in arguments, merely going for cheapshots to anyone that disagrees with you to put forward your ideals as the one and only. Completely rude, fanatical, and downright stupid. It IS and opinion. Deal with it yourself instead of denying it.

I really don't care if a bunch of people that think Health Regeneration and Third Person Cover systems are the height of intelligent game design can't put up with me. In fact, I welcome it. If they ever agreed with me regarding game philosiphies then I'd know I'm doing something wrong.

Controllers "feeling good" for FPS is wrong. Definitely not an opinion. Now, please stop being a jerk and derailing this thread into personal attacks yet again. If you can't, please be a jerk in my inbox. Thank you!

kikilkiki
13th Oct 2010, 13:27
On PC

Coyotegrey
13th Oct 2010, 19:58
*yelling voice

Don't make me come in there and split you guys up!

Input methods and features such as regenerating health and third-person combat are tools designers use to craft experiences.

Now, let's all get along. K?

Jerion
13th Oct 2010, 21:18
Now, let's all get along. K?

Yes? :rasp:

I'll be playing this game on PC when it comes out, no question. Nothing quite like having all those buttons handy, and the fluent accuracy of the mouse.

LeMoN_LiMe
14th Oct 2010, 00:30
PS3!

Because

1. This games being made for ps3

2. I dont have a super fancy cpu

THE TIME OF RECKONING HAS COME! PS3 USERS UNITE!!!!!!!!

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 00:39
Not exactly, but yeah, I have a thing for gas mask mooks - Kerberos, Killzone...

The helmet is a bog standard paintball one, the face part is a 3M half-face spraypainting mask with attached pipes from an actual gas mask, plus welding goggles converted according to my own idea for the glowing red eyes look. Here's a clearer photo of the setup, on a dummy head:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3391/helmj.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/helmj.jpg/)
It looks bloody amazing. +10 internets for you. :)

Definitely not an opinion. Just like if I said "I'm good with tennis rackets that weigh 50kg". No, I'm not. No, nobody is.

No, that's not an opinion. Anyone that argues otherwise hasn't enough skill or ability to discern the inherit differences between a light tennis racket and a 50kg one.

edit: The correct thing to say might be: "I'm bad at video games, and I don't really know much about them, or the potential of classic mouse and keyboard. With that in mind though, I feel that while playing modern FPS titles that are catered towards people that want to watch pretty things happen right in front of them instead of actually having to look around or have a pixel of awareness or precision, with a controller, I am able to progress through these very easy games without being made to feel like I am mentally handicapped. This is due to modern FPS games having slow and dull AI, very obvious prompts, and gameplay that is based around holding forward while everything happens directly in front of me. Additionally, autoaim. Health regeneration. However, I do understand that my ineptitude does not allow me the ability to perceive how terrible I actually am when compared to people playing FPS properly with mouse and keyboard and thus it is only with this in mind that I may consider an FPS game to "feel better" with a controller"

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729
Seeing as how I play on both PC and console, yeah, it IS an opinion. Seriously, you're so full of yourself it's comical. As to your second point, given that you know next to nothing about me, or any other member here, that's a pretty stupid assumption to make, especially given the fact I've never supported auto-aim, or health regeneration. You're an absolute insult to PC players.

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 02:52
You're an absolute insult to PC players.

And always has been.

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 03:28
And always has been.
Oh well. It would seem some do-gooder thought to ban him. Jinkies, Velma.

suibriel
14th Oct 2010, 04:13
Oh look, banned for absolutely no reason... again. "do-gooder", that's a laugh. You're biased and closed minded.

You think I'm an insult to PC gamers? While you actually defend the opinion that controllers are good for FPS games? Hey look, I made a video of a modern console game being played with mouse and keyboard. Check it out;

kP1pbybs6lE

Games aren't balanced for controllers? Controllers have no negative impact on modern games? Arf.

And I wasn't even talking to you in that post, Romeo. I was suggesting what NKD should have said instead of "controllers feel good", with a little bit of humor. Seeing as this is yet again your own issue and your own misunderstanding about one of my posts, will you unban my account? Suppose not.

I'm Genuinely angry at the constant bans. Other people (that you happen to agree with) post actual offensive personal attacks and are never penalised... while I REPLIED to them once (You said "Deal with it" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1508452&postcount=66) and that's any different to what I said? Again, amazing.) and you think you're some crusader of justice by banning... me.

Usually I'd PM you about this as I have in the past, but this is just too ridiculous. And the fact that you're actually bro-fisitng with Pinky thinking you've done the right thing... it's incredible. I hope one day you gain some perspective and realize people that have different opinions and more experience than you are actually quite reasonable if you actually stop replying with "you've got a big ego thus I must disagree" rubbish.

:flowers:

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 04:19
Oh look, banned for absolutely no reason... again. "do-gooder", that's a laugh. You're biased and closed minded.

You think I'm an insult to PC gamers? While you actually defend the opinion that controllers are good for FPS games? Hey look, I made a video of a modern console game being played with mouse and keyboard. Check it out;

kP1pbybs6lE

Games aren't balanced for controllers? Controllers have no negative impact on modern games? Arf.

And I wasn't even talking to you in that post, Romeo. I was suggesting what NKD should have said instead of "controllers feel good", with a little bit of humor. Seeing as this is yet again your own issue and your own misunderstanding about one of my posts, will you unban my account? Suppose not.

I'm Genuinely angry at the constant bans. Other people (that you happen to agree with) post actual offensive personal attacks and are never penalised... while I REPLIED to them once (You said "Deal with it" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1508452&postcount=66) and that's any different to what I said? Again, amazing.) and you think you're some crusader of justice by banning... me.

Usually I'd PM you about this as I have in the past, but this is just too ridiculous. And the fact that you're actually bro-fisitng with Pinky thinking you've done the right thing... it's incredible. I hope one day you gain some perspective and realize people that have different opinions and more experience than you are actually quite reasonable if you actually stop replying with "you've got a big ego thus I must disagree" rubbish.

:flowers:
You want me to realize others have different opinions? If only you were bright enough to see the irony...

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 04:22
I hope one day you gain some perspective and realize people that have different opinions and more experience than you are actually quite reasonable if you actually stop replying with "you've got a big ego thus I must disagree" rubbish.

You made it perfectly clear that your opinions aren't opinions, but an all-encompassing reality that everyone must worship under.

Jerion
14th Oct 2010, 04:29
hope one day you gain some perspective and realize people that have different opinions and more experience than you are actually quite reasonable if you actually stop replying with "you've got a big ego thus I must disagree" rubbish.

Quite the narcissist you are.

Enjoy banville. I hear it's a little chilly this time of year.

NKD
14th Oct 2010, 05:00
Quite the narcissist you are.

Enjoy banville. I hear it's a little chilly this time of year.

I'm sure he'll be back on yet another new name being a tool to everyone. But at least he'll be obvious, no one else has quite as much of an attitude problem. Kid just can't help himself.

pringlepower
14th Oct 2010, 05:12
I'm sure he'll be back on yet another new name being a tool to everyone. But at least he'll be obvious, no one else has quite as much of an attitude problem. Kid just can't help himself.

I always thought he was pretty cute.

JCpies
14th Oct 2010, 05:55
Don't worry guys he was playing it on singleplayer, he can't prove anything. xD

I mean look at the enemy AI, it takes them ten seconds to realise he's in front of them.

NKD
14th Oct 2010, 06:02
I always thought he was pretty cute.

Meh. His act was far from endearing. It's people like him that make the rest of us PC gamers look bad. What really pisses me off though? A lot of these PC gaming elitists who want to pretend they are better than all the console gamers have only been playing games on the PC for about 10 years or so, or even less! I've been gaming on the PC for just over 20 years and still somehow I've avoided becoming a jaded, cynical elitist who berates everyone for their platform of choice.

Then again I've been playing consoles just as long. I'm a gamer, period. I don't label myself a PC gamer, or a console gamer. I go where the fun is, and I'm not going to judge someone based on what they find fun.

Brockxz
14th Oct 2010, 07:18
i would love to say PC version but as i have seen for now only stage demos on consoles and there isn't any sign of PC version i start to doubt about my decision. Actually I wouldn't be surprised that in the end they will announce PC version is delayed (have seen such announcements lately for a lot of games) or even canceled (please just not this :D). So I will wait to decide on which platform to play (at least i have backup plan - xbox360)

Ninjerk
14th Oct 2010, 10:55
I mean look at the enemy AI, it takes them ten seconds to realise he's in front of them.

Lol. That was the point.

Ashpolt
14th Oct 2010, 11:23
Actually I wouldn't be surprised that in the end they will announce PC version is delayed (have seen such announcements lately for a lot of games) or even canceled (please just not this :D).

I doubt the PC version will be cancelled (if it is, there is quite literally no way EM will be getting my money - I have all the current-gen consoles, but won't buy DXHR on them under any circumstances) but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the PC version coming out a week or two behind the console version, which seems to be pretty much the standard nowadays - you know, to "stop the pirates." Because it totally stops them, it doesn't just mean that PC players are faced with the choice of pirating or waiting until 2 weeks after the "proper" launch date. Oh no.

For a primarily PC franchise, this would be a kick in the teeth, but it still wouldn't surprise me. And then EM will wonder why the PC sales were low, blame it on pirates, and either lumber DX4 with draconian DRM or make it console-exclusive.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 11:46
Lol. That was the point.

I hope that wasn't his point. Or he's even worse than I thought... no, that's not possible. You're probably right about him.

Bad AI is just bad AI. It's got nothing to do consoles. You don't see enemies that stupid in better games like CoD, Halo, ME, FEAR2...

All current gen AI has a lion's share of stupid in it. Console or PC, doesn't matter. But really lousy AI is always the programmer's fault.

Tverdyj
14th Oct 2010, 13:37
I doubt the PC version will be cancelled (if it is, there is quite literally no way EM will be getting my money - I have all the current-gen consoles, but won't buy DXHR on them under any circumstances) but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the PC version coming out a week or two behind the console version, which seems to be pretty much the standard nowadays - you know, to "stop the pirates." Because it totally stops them, it doesn't just mean that PC players are faced with the choice of pirating or waiting until 2 weeks after the "proper" launch date. Oh no.

For a primarily PC franchise, this would be a kick in the teeth, but it still wouldn't surprise me. And then EM will wonder why the PC sales were low, blame it on pirates, and either lumber DX4 with draconian DRM or make it console-exclusive.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

I've never owned a console in my life, so if EM goes the way of delaying it, I suppose i'll have no choice but to pirate it. there isn't a single game out there that'd convince me to get a console and all the hassle that comes with one (like having to get a TV)

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 13:41
(like having to get a TV)

I've got my 360 hooked into my LCD monitor. I just press a button and my screen switches signals.

Also, compared to a PC, a console is no hassle at all. I should know, I've been a PC tech for fifteen years.

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 18:37
I've got my 360 hooked into my LCD monitor. I just press a button and my screen switches signals.

Also, compared to a PC, a console is no hassle at all. I should know, I've been a PC tech for fifteen years.
That is true. Then again, consoles can almost be too specialized for gaming sometimes (No modding. Well, not easily, anyways). I'm thinking I will play on my laptop... With a 360 controller plugged in. :hmm:

Ninjerk
14th Oct 2010, 18:43
That is true. Then again, consoles can almost be too specialized for gaming sometimes (No modding. Well, not easily, anyways). I'm thinking I will play on my laptop... With a 360 controller plugged in. :hmm:

troll

Tverdyj
14th Oct 2010, 18:45

Pinky, i'm a poor student who lives in 160 sk ft dorm room. I don't have a TV, I don't have a console, nand I don't have money to purchase iether.
I DO have a 19-inch laptop with ****load of RAM. if EM decided to favour consoles over my PC, they will lose a chance of getting money from me. simple as that.

@ Romeo: I've stated this before. imho, purchasing a system that's exclusively for games, when compared to a laptop, where I can game, surf, watch movies, do research and write stuff is a horrendous waste of money.

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 18:58
Pinky, i'm a poor student who lives in 160 sk ft dorm room. I don't have a TV, I don't have a console, nand I don't have money to purchase iether.
I DO have a 19-inch laptop with ****load of RAM. if EM decided to favour consoles over my PC, they will lose a chance of getting money from me. simple as that.

@ Romeo: I've stated this before. imho, purchasing a system that's exclusively for games, when compared to a laptop, where I can game, surf, watch movies, do research and write stuff is a horrendous waste of money.

Your communication skills needs some work. Instead of talking about the "hassle" of consoles, you could've just said, "I'm a poor student... only got a laptop." Every soul here would understand where you're coming from.

PS. Don't fret about the communication skills; college should help you there. :thumb:

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 19:49

Seeing as how my laptop can't run many modern games well (If at all) means I'll either have to re-invest into making if capable of doing so, or I could've wasted alot more money on a more expensive one to do so, and felt rather stupid bringing it into a shop with me. Instead, I bought a cheap laptop, and with the money I saved, bought a console. This is besides the fact I play racing games often, which I much prefer on a controller versus keyboard. My Xbox stays at home, safe and secure, able to run most of the games I prefer (Excluding RPG and RTS games) while I can bring my laptop out to work/school/the garage and not be as worried about it getting dirty. Given that I'm also on a student budget, and prefer to spend any spare money on car parts than computer games, please don't preach to me about penny pinching, thanks. :rolleyes:

troll
Not really. Don't like playing shooters with a touch pad/keyboard, and while I can tolerate mouse/keyboard, I still prefer the feel and haptic feedback of a controller.

Tverdyj
14th Oct 2010, 22:14
Seeing as how my laptop can't run many modern games well (If at all) means I'll either have to re-invest into making if capable of doing so, or I could've wasted alot more money on a more expensive one to do so, and felt rather stupid bringing it into a shop with me. Instead, I bought a cheap laptop, and with the money I saved, bought a console. This is besides the fact I play racing games often, which I much prefer on a controller versus keyboard. My Xbox stays at home, safe and secure, able to run most of the games I prefer (Excluding RPG and RTS games) while I can bring my laptop out to work/school/the garage and not be as worried about it getting dirty. Given that I'm also on a student budget, and prefer to spend any spare money on car parts than computer games, please don't preach to me about penny pinching, thanks. :rolleyes:

Not really. Don't like playing shooters with a touch pad/keyboard, and while I can tolerate mouse/keyboard, I still prefer the feel and haptic feedback of a controller.

to each his own. I paid $1200 for my laptop in the US, and it's basically a portable PC, which I see as a great purchase.
on the other hand in the last 2 years i've either lived in houses that had no TV, or, when I lived at home I would be working 10-15 hours a day and then come home to have to share the big screen TV with family. neither of which would encourage me to get a console.

besides, I have terrible hand-eye coordination, which is why I rely on th intuitiveness of a mouse, :D

Shralla
14th Oct 2010, 23:07
to each his own. I paid $1200 for my laptop in the US, and it's basically a portable PC, which I see as a great purchase.
on the other hand in the last 2 years i've either lived in houses that had no TV, or, when I lived at home I would be working 10-15 hours a day and then come home to have to share the big screen TV with family. neither of which would encourage me to get a console.

besides, I have terrible hand-eye coordination, which is why I rely on th intuitiveness of a mouse, :D

So you spent $1200 on a laptop specifically so it could run games when you could have spent literally half that on a laptop that would do everything except run the most top-of-the-line games leaving you $600 with which to spend on a console, which would only run you $300.

Well I sure can see how consoles are a waste of money when compared to a horridly overpriced laptop.

Tverdyj
14th Oct 2010, 23:12
note the absence of an available TV part above. Wwhich is a big limitation of a console, in my situation.
for my laptop, I only need a laptop.

For a console, I need a tv, and a console

I haven't watched TV in anything other than sporadic fashion since September 2008, :p

Romeo
15th Oct 2010, 03:01

I usually find controllers nice once you find the right sensitivity, personally. As for the lack of TV, that makes a big difference in picking a console, but for most people, that doesn't warrant consideration. :)

Tverdyj
15th Oct 2010, 03:03
hey, i'm not preaching my views on life here, trying to convert someone. i'm well aware that my situation is somewhat unique, :lol:

nonetheless, that's what makes the difference for me in this matter, :D

demon boy
15th Oct 2010, 03:50
I'm going to blaspheme here and say that I'll probably buy it for the PS3. My reasons are simple. I no longer have a high end PC (haven't upgraded my rig since 2003) and I had to scrap my new rig project in favor of a racing seat and stearing wheel setup for Gran Turismo 5. As such, the new rig upgrades will not be available until 2011 (most likely after the release of the game).

My PS3 setup is just maxed out man. Really comfy seating, 50 inch Plazma with 3d capability (you'd kill me if I told you the price I paid{it was low}, DFGT rig for Gran Turismo and a couple dual shocks for DX3, and all the other bad ass games slated to come out this fall and holliday season. This 3d thing is happening my people. I have experienced it myself and it is freaking amazing!!! It completely adds new layers to the experience beyond what you might assume it would. It's not just a graphical gimmick. It's a means to create levels of emmersion that blur the lines beteen game and reality. When you play Gran Turismo in 3d, You see the race in a completely diferent way. You have depth of field which allows you to sense the distance between your car and the cars of your opponents. The race stretches out in front of you as though you were actually in it and not just controlling characters on a screen. Did I say that this 3d **** is ******* amazing? Becaue it ******* is. ANd if DXHR takes advantage of 3d, I'm all over it like white on rice.

Romeo
15th Oct 2010, 04:02
hey, i'm not preaching my views on life here, trying to convert someone. i'm well aware that my situation is somewhat unique, :lol:

nonetheless, that's what makes the difference for me in this matter, :D
Oh, I'm aware. And in your circumstance, you are completely right, it does not make sense to buy a TV and a console then, the laptop IS the smarter choice.

I'm going to blaspheme here and say that I'll probably buy it for the PS3. My reasons are simple. I no longer have a high end PC (haven't upgraded my rig since 2003) and I had to scrap my new rig project in favor of a racing seat and stearing wheel setup for Gran Turismo 5. As such, the new rig upgrades will not be available until 2011 (most likely after the release of the game).

My PS3 setup is just maxed out man. Really comfy seating, 50 inch Plazma with 3d capability (you'd kill me if I told you the price I paid{it was low}, DFGT rig for Gran Turismo and a couple dual shocks for DX3, and all the other bad ass games slated to come out this fall and holliday season. This 3d thing is happening my people. I have experienced it myself and it is freaking amazing!!! It completely adds new layers to the experience beyond what you might assume it would. It's not just a graphical gimmick. It's a means to create levels of emmersion that blur the lines beteen game and reality. When you play Gran Turismo in 3d, You see the race in a completely diferent way. You have depth of field which allows you to sense the distance between your car and the cars of your opponents. The race stretches out in front of you as though you were actually in it and not just controlling characters on a screen. Did I say that this 3d **** is ******* amazing? Becaue it ******* is. ANd if DXHR takes advantage of 3d, I'm all over it like white on rice.
That's all well and good, but the problem I had with Gran Turismo was the actual gameplay. The tire physics are abhorrent, and the lack of customization/damage really annoyed me. Thus, I became a Forza boy. Not as pretty, I'll give you that, but leaps and bounds ahead of GT if you do actual racing. =)

LostinTransplantation
15th Oct 2010, 11:52
If the graphics a) suck on Xbox 360 or b) are ridiculously good/much better on PC, I'll get the PC-version. if there is multiplayer on the other hand -> XboxLive. so i'm undecided until more details surface.

demon boy
15th Oct 2010, 11:59
Oh, I'm aware. And in your circumstance, you are completely right, it does not make sense to buy a TV and a console then, the laptop IS the smarter choice.

That's all well and good, but the problem I had with Gran Turismo was the actual gameplay. The tire physics are abhorrent, and the lack of customization/damage really annoyed me. Thus, I became a Forza boy. Not as pretty, I'll give you that, but leaps and bounds ahead of GT if you do actual racing. =)

Forza's a cool game. I have Forza 3 and have gotten a good amount of playing time with it. However, there are some stores that currently have a demo of Gran Turismo 5 running and it has damage and vastly improved physics. Those old flaws are no longer there my friend and as an overall package, it is clearly superior to Forza. The graphics are far better, there are weather and lighting effects and there are simply more cars (and better cars). As for the livery editing; not really my thing so I don't care whether it's in there or not.

Also, I can't stress the awesomness of the 3D stuff enough. It really is a huge difference maker. I honestly think that within the next several years, 3D gaming will take off because anyone who tries it will likely be blown away.

MaxxQ1
15th Oct 2010, 14:53
If the graphics a) suck on Xbox 360 or b) are ridiculously good/much better on PC, I'll get the PC-version. if there is multiplayer on the other hand -> XboxLive. so i'm undecided until more details surface.

As far as I can recall, there's no multiplayer planned. At least, not for the initial release. Just me pulling this outta my ass, but they may do what the original did and add MP later on.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Oct 2010, 14:55
As far as I can recall, there's no multiplayer planned.

Correct. As noted in the FAQs thread:

WILL THERE BE ANY MULTIPLAYER?
Since a Deus Ex game is primarily a single player experience, DX: Human Revolution will not have a multiplayer component. The dev team wants to focus 100% on delivering the best single player game possible.

But that doesn't rule out some kind of online component or future expansions and content, although nothing has been confirmed.

CoDEllite
15th Oct 2010, 17:48
My PS3. There is no way I'm buying a new comp just to play a single-player campaign that in most likelihood won't last more than 20 hours (judging by most multiplatform action games coming out these days). This will probably be a rental too.

Romeo
15th Oct 2010, 22:02
Forza's a cool game. I have Forza 3 and have gotten a good amount of playing time with it. However, there are some stores that currently have a demo of Gran Turismo 5 running and it has damage and vastly improved physics. Those old flaws are no longer there my friend and as an overall package, it is clearly superior to Forza. The graphics are far better, there are weather and lighting effects and there are simply more cars (and better cars). As for the livery editing; not really my thing so I don't care whether it's in there or not.

Also, I can't stress the awesomness of the 3D stuff enough. It really is a huge difference maker. I honestly think that within the next several years, 3D gaming will take off because anyone who tries it will likely be blown away.
There's a ton more cars, and more tracks too, but you can't be serious about the physics. They're awful in comparison. The car's all seem like some hunk of metal, there's no feedback in any of them. And when I played the demo the damage was either cosmetic, really shoddy or perhaps was just having a bad day, as I hit two walls with no appreciable difference in performance. lol

KingRat
15th Oct 2010, 22:18

I'll probably wind up getting both...:)

hem dazon 90
16th Oct 2010, 05:00
*Glances at beastern's new account status*

What a shame.

Romeo
16th Oct 2010, 07:50
I'll probably wind up getting both...:)
Wouldn't it be cool if the rights to a PC version were included on the 360 game? Just pop that bad boy into your laptop and watch my productivity fall off the map.

*Glances at beastern's new account status*

What a shame.
Oh, entirely...

Ninjerk
16th Oct 2010, 08:44
Oh, entirely...

Yeah, and I agreed with just about everything he had to say across multiple threads... :/

hem dazon 90
17th Oct 2010, 02:30
Wouldn't it be cool if the rights to a PC version were included on the 360 game? Just pop that bad boy into your laptop and watch my productivity fall off the map.

Oh, entirely...

He didn't get the reference :(

JCpies
17th Oct 2010, 08:25
He didn't get the reference :(

I take care of you, special price.