PDA

View Full Version : EIDOS---Here it is...9 days later

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 14:54
First off...

I know someone is moderating this forum as my post was moved into another thread for who knows why...

Eidos, CD,

Where is information regarding the online co-op projected release date? Ever since you 'postponed' it prior to the PS3 release, I have not been able to find any statement given by you as to when it will be released...

Can you actually try and act like you care about the community by giving a response to this post?

I feel robbed to have purchased this game and am not getting any information about the progress of the online co-op when you had already set a release (Sep 28th) for it to be implemented...

xdiesp
6th Oct 2010, 15:12
There's ground for a refund don't you think?

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 15:21
i feel the same..they just don't care

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 15:24
There's ground for a refund don't you think?

Maybe free content...but not a full refund. I just want the co-op online play to be announced when it will be available...and if its not available...like it is now...INFORMATION TO WHY IT ISNT!

I think a $5.00 refund might be good for keeping us in the dark or free content.

I used to play MAG and THAT was support. The devs of this game act like they don't care about the community anymore after they dissapointed us for a 2nd time...

We want information. This is the official forum for this game isn't it? Give me an answer....better yet, GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS AN ANSWER! :mad2:

EDIT: I think a refund might be good for those that do not wish to play/keep the game...I want to play the game, but with online co-op when it gets here. That is why I am here complaining about their unprofessionalism.

Terminal Meltdown
6th Oct 2010, 17:00
It's a $15 dollar game... I agree that they should not have posted that it was an online multiplayer game, because I too purchased it for that reason. You say it's only been 9 days, that's hardly enough time to do squat. Be thankful they released it all.

You should show some respect to the developers and actually give them some time to sort things out with the multiplayer feature. Waiting a month or two isn't going to kill you for something so epic as this game.

In the meantime, if you still insist on complaining about a cheap $15 game:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/corvey/complaint.gif

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 20:44
It's a $15 dollar game... I agree that they should not have posted that it was an online multiplayer game, because I too purchased it for that reason. You say it's only been 9 days, that's hardly enough time to do squat. Be thankful they released it all.

You should show some respect to the developers and actually give them some time to sort things out with the multiplayer feature. Waiting a month or two isn't going to kill you for something so epic as this game.

Oh, i'm thankful...however, in my situation, I dont want to beat it on single player yet as I was planning on playing through on co-op with my brother. I thought that it would be online co-op so i put money on it the hour that it released on PSN...but after purchasing the game and only seeing local co-op, I did some research online.

Last I heard they made an announcement on the 23rd or something like that that it wouldn't release on the 28th like they had hoped...I am fine and all with that, but I and am sure many others are waiting for some sort of announcement or reply to say how long and when to expect the update...

That is the reason that I am upset...I bought the game, went to co-op and was like "oh bleep, its only local?" then did some research to see that it will be co-op, but not yet like they had said. I was fine with that...thinking maybe we would hear something from them soon?

I'm just used to the folks over at zipper who actually respond to the community and give a damn. I posted a thread saying where the ____ is co-op and it got buried into another thread to basically be ignored...no response, no nothing...just moved...

I just wish that they would respond to the community who has the right to be upset when they announce online co-op and then someone like me purchases it...

I bought it for online co-op only...and guess what...I got screwed. Sure I may be over-reacting, but I heard about this game a couple of months ago...and was excited about it to make it on PS3...I was anxious to play the online co-op...and now I am sitting here waiting for a BREATH from the devs on what the status is...

Sorry to say, but as an unsatisfied customer, I have a right to be upset and not show respect!

angelus0901
6th Oct 2010, 20:48
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was some news about the DLC. It turns out, it is another bitc-hy thread about the delay... C'mon, enough already!!!!

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 20:56
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was official news about the DLC. It turns out, it is another bitc-hy thread about the delay... C'mon, enough already!!!!

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/ORLY/1/405za1hfv5ih1.gif (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

Why would you read the title and see it as OFFICIAL? Would they really post an OFFICIAL thread with this title? Give me a break.:lmao:

angelus0901
6th Oct 2010, 20:59
Why would you read the title and see it as OFFICIAL? Would they really post an OFFICIAL thread with this title? Give me a break.:lmao:

You're right... changed it! And dude, you don't have to be rude...

xdiesp
6th Oct 2010, 21:07
Terminal Meltdown, you're easy to cheat because you are grateful for it and actually ask for more. Thanks for existing.

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 21:23
Terminal Meltdown, you're easy to cheat because you are grateful for it and actually ask for more. Thanks for existing.

What I want to exist is a dev of this game to actually give a damn and give us some information!

Sorry to be so forward...but my patience has run out with this game...

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 21:25
You're right... changed it! And dude, you don't have to be rude...

I'm not the one that came to this thread stating that it is "bit-chy" mmmmk?:scratch:

Terminal Meltdown
6th Oct 2010, 21:45
Oh, i'm thankful...however, in my situation, I dont want to beat it on single player yet as I was planning on playing through on co-op with my brother. I thought that it would be online co-op so i put money on it the hour that it released on PSN...but after purchasing the game and only seeing local co-op, I did some research online.

Step back, take a deep breath, and even go into an out of body experience to look apon yourself. What you'll see -- like most of us who appreciate this game for what is and what it will be in the near future -- is a little sniveling snot nose brat whining about not having things HIS/HER (or IT) way.

Last I heard they made an announcement on the 23rd or something like that that it wouldn't release on the 28th like they had hoped...I am fine and all with that, but I and am sure many others are waiting for some sort of announcement or reply to say how long and when to expect the update...

I know you think you're special, and probably are a "special" kid with issues, and for that, we're not making fun of you. You aren't the only person in the world that CD or Eidos is catering to. We all would like to know what is going on.

That is the reason that I am upset...I bought the game, went to co-op and was like "oh bleep, its only local?" then did some research to see that it will be co-op, but not yet like they had said. I was fine with that...thinking maybe we would hear something from them soon?

You know, I felt exactly the same way. I 100% agree with you on that. Sh:t happens dude. People make mistakes and have to sort things out to make it right. Coding isn't easy. From my understanding, this is Crystal Dynamic's first multiplayer game, so give them a break. They'll figure it out and it'll be great when they do. I'm not mad, because I know they intend to make this game online multiplayer someday. Why would they they lie? They just had some technical difficulties.

Did did you ever once stop to think maybe they're too busy making this patch to make an offical announcement yet?

I'm just used to the folks over at zipper who actually respond to the community and give a damn. I posted a thread saying where the ____ is co-op and it got buried into another thread to basically be ignored...no response, no nothing...just moved...

Irrelevant

I just wish that they would respond to the community who has the right to be upset when they announce online co-op and then someone like me purchases it...

I bought it for online co-op only...and guess what...I got screwed. Sure I may be over-reacting, but I heard about this game a couple of months ago...and was excited about it to make it on PS3...I was anxious to play the online co-op...and now I am sitting here waiting for a BREATH from the devs on what the status is...

ME ME ME ME ME! Selfish brat.

Sorry to say, but as an unsatisfied customer, I have a right to be upset and not show respect!

Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one... I am a satisified customer and I think this game was coded very nicely. I look forward to DLC and COOP in the future. Thank you CD for presenting what you have to offer now so we can play your brilliant game in the future as well.

aussie500
6th Oct 2010, 21:55
First off...

I know someone is moderating this forum as my post was moved into another thread for who knows why...

Eidos, CD,

Where is information regarding the online co-op projected release date? Ever since you 'postponed' it prior to the PS3 release, I have not been able to find any statement given by you as to when it will be released...

Can you actually try and act like you care about the community by giving a response to this post?

I feel robbed to have purchased this game and am not getting any information about the progress of the online co-op when you had already set a release (Sep 28th) for it to be implemented...

No there is no projected release date, because they probably do not want to disappoint us again if the date is too optimistic. Quite likely they will not tell us the date till Microsoft and Sony have actually tested it, approved it and said when it will be available. Then at least they can be sure about the date give or take a few days, due to time zone differences. Probably still the Xbox 360 players will get it first, but at least if someone gets it we can expect the rest to soon follow.

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 22:34
summary = flame, flame, and more flame...

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/fanboy1.jpg.png

I understand that they are probably busy, but do you really think that a statement/update takes that long to do? Thats all I am asking (and am sure others are waiting for as well so don't think i'm being selfish) is that we get some sort of response. Thats all I, and am sure others, want...

Last I read somewhere, and this was a while ago, is that they are currently testing it out and it is working as intended...how long does it take to test, and why cant they give us an update at the stage of the release? Thats all i'm aiming for...is a response from someone who actually knows...

Sorry to upset the fanboys, but not everyone is happy with their purchase...have you seen other forums recently? I'm not alone...get over it.

Terminal Meltdown
6th Oct 2010, 22:40
It's a $15 dollar game...

get over it.

Exactly...

CuRsEdZx
6th Oct 2010, 22:43
Exactly...

Exactly what? I payed $15 for an online co-op and guess what? No dice! How can you quote you and me who are in obvious disagreement and put it together proving a point? Makes no sense...

LC is Me
6th Oct 2010, 23:26

OHAY, I like this guy....
8D

angelus0901
7th Oct 2010, 07:16
OHAY, I like this guy....
8D

Me too!!! ;) :D

Pyrofer
7th Oct 2010, 10:24
People are perfectly in their right to be angry about not getting what was advertised.
If you buy a beef burger, and find no beef (Where's the beef? lol, sorry) You would complain, no matter that it only cost 99p or whatever.
The total price be it $15 or $150 doesn't matter, what matters is that you GET what you were told you would get.

Now I love the game, I want to support the developers, but really, how long does it take to respond to one thread and say
"Sorry, we ARE working on it, hold tight."

Thats all, nothing major is it?

Granted we don't need any more threads about this, its a well known problem now so creating more threads doesn't help. But on the other hand, don't belittle people who complain just because you think £9.99 or $15 is cheap and you don't care because to some people thats a lot of money.

Can somebody official PLEASE just post a quick 1 minute note to say that you at least acknowledge the existance of your customers? maybe then we can stop the flood of angry posts putting people off buying the game.

I was looking forward to level packs, more puzzles, lots and lots of DLC etc, lets not have it all end in tears now eh.

CuRsEdZx
7th Oct 2010, 14:24
People are perfectly in their right to be angry about not getting what was advertised.
If you buy a beef burger, and find no beef (Where's the beef? lol, sorry) You would complain, no matter that it only cost 99p or whatever.
The total price be it $15 or $150 doesn't matter, what matters is that you GET what you were told you would get.

Now I love the game, I want to support the developers, but really, how long does it take to respond to one thread and say
"Sorry, we ARE working on it, hold tight."

Thats all, nothing major is it?

Granted we don't need any more threads about this, its a well known problem now so creating more threads doesn't help. But on the other hand, don't belittle people who complain just because you think £9.99 or $15 is cheap and you don't care because to some people thats a lot of money.

Can somebody official PLEASE just post a quick 1 minute note to say that you at least acknowledge the existance of your customers? maybe then we can stop the flood of angry posts putting people off buying the game.

I was looking forward to level packs, more puzzles, lots and lots of DLC etc, lets not have it all end in tears now eh.

You said it best...that's all i'm asking for. The fanboys who have posted on my thread who think that what the devs are doing is acceptable are out of their mind...

Kudos for you fanboys who are patient enough to ignore the fact that the devs leaving us in the dark for this long is considered acceptable.

You are right, saying that $15 isn't alot of money, of course it isn't, but I think the burger analogy posted above hit it right on the dot.

Have you ever been dissapointed with service at a restaurant with a meal and sent it back, made a fuss, or lowered your tip because of dissapointment? Of course you have...we all have...so why don't I have a right to be angry again fanboys? :rasp:

Nemesis296
7th Oct 2010, 15:12
The fanboys who have posted on my thread who think that what the devs are doing is acceptable are out of their mind...

Kudos for you fanboys who are patient enough to ignore the fact that the devs leaving us in the dark for this long is considered acceptable.

It's kinda funny, I read through this thread and immediately thought of the iPhone 4 and how much problems they had at launch. Apple gave a press conference 21 days after the problem was discovered that affected millions of customers. 21 days. That's 3 weeks. Not a very long time. But yet, people were complaining within MINUTES of the launch.

I'm sure the same holds true here. I'm sure they are working on it, but you guys have to learn to not be so freakin' impatient. "I want my online co-op as advertised! False advertising!" Just sayin...all your whining and complaining is NOT going to speed things up. It just makes you look like someone who didn't get their bottle this morning.

And I'm not a fanboy for CD either. I just feel that the level of patience shown by gamers and the demand that is given to developers for a never-before-seen level of perfection is just downright insulting to the software industry. Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to test out games and software before releasing them to millions of consumers where each and every one of them might have a different configuration (particularly on PC)? My guess is no. Probably 90% of people who buy games have NO IDEA about the process that a company goes through to release a video game, and they don't care either; as long as the product is working to their expectations. This level of ignorance in people today is something that just makes EVERYONE sound like a bunch of whiners when they say "What the hell, I paid $ for this game, I demand you fix it!" Software companies work their asses off so that we can have entertainment at a VERY reasonable price. The fact that this game only cost $15 is a *bargain*, yet here most people are feeling like they got ripped off.

I'm sorry, but if you think $15 for a 10-hour-multiplayer-puzzle-platforming game is unreasonable then you have no business complaining about anything dealing with video games.

So the game was released without online co-op? Big whoop. They said it's coming, so why don't we all just go play the game without the online (local co-op is amazing) and then revisit this topic when they finally release it and you run into problems with your network connection :rolleyes:

BlueSkiesXXV
7th Oct 2010, 16:16
Here is the last official statement that I remember & this was posted back on 22nd September 2010 by Keir:

Hi. On behalf of Crystal we're sorry the online co-op isn't available from day one. Obviously this isn't ideal. Tons of work has been going on behind the scenes. The key thing is we want the online co-op to be as good as possible, so we're not going to release it until it's ready. Thanks very much for your patience, everyone. In the meantime you can play local co-op which is tons of fun. I'll keep you all updated with the progress on this front and the update will of course be free.

Good job that the update will be free...LOL!!!

Link: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113696

Keir promised that he would keep us updated, so I would expect some news soon.

xdiesp
7th Oct 2010, 19:32
Don't be intimidated by anals, they enjoy being screwed by Eidos over 15$ but we normal people don't. Think instead:

- Next time, don't expect a Eidos game features to be true: ask on the forums first.
- Don't expect a Eidos game to have any support. We are suckers to them.
- Who am I kidding, don't buy Eidos games in the first place.

Power to the people!

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 06:20
you start fighting without me? ok let see..

1) the game is unfinished <same story as underworld>
2)do you people actually believe that eidos is going to fix anything? <eidos doesn't care>
3) as for not buying their games that will kill lara..this, i don't want as many here.
4)will some of you calm down a bit here? go at eidos offices and kill them or something it's their fault here we are just discussing..(im thinking:discussing?? yeah and im straight)

my point is wait as i do..play other games until that online co op released and then we fight about issues..gonna be many!

Pulse
8th Oct 2010, 16:19
1)The game is mostly finished, still with a large amount of content yet to be released.
2)CD is in charge of fixing/making the games, Eidos doesn't have a hand in that.
3)This game got fantastic reviews, which should help Lara.
4) I agree people should calm down. But then the rest of it makes no sense, other than being strange.

Are you that same Denis who had 2 other accounts that both got banned?

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 17:11
isn't it great im back pulse? aw and so whatever blame cd for the delay then..if the game isn't unfinished pulse..how can u explain the glitches that many people are having? and don't say it's not unfinished because everyone knows it got rushed for the summer arcade thing of xbox..

CuRsEdZx
8th Oct 2010, 19:27
Here is the last official statement that I remember & this was posted back on 22nd September 2010 by Keir:

Hi. On behalf of Crystal we're sorry the online co-op isn't available from day one. Obviously this isn't ideal. Tons of work has been going on behind the scenes. The key thing is we want the online co-op to be as good as possible, so we're not going to release it until it's ready. Thanks very much for your patience, everyone. In the meantime you can play local co-op which is tons of fun. I'll keep you all updated with the progress on this front and the update will of course be free.

Thank you for understanding the point of my thread...(unlike the fanboys who immediately get on here to defend this...).

All I want is an update...and i'll be happy. These fanboys need to read the title before lashing out...

I said 9 days later (after ps3 launch) to show that we would like to know what is going on presently...and the stage of the update...

Here it is...11 days later...still waiting on an official update...

Thank you blue skies for posting their quote. Nice to see that they said they would keep us updated...i'm pretty sure that they will update us the day of the release of co-op... just from my experience of them so far...I wouldn't be suprised.

Like I said, I just came from the MAG community where the devs care/respond/suggest/update regularly...i'm not used to being ignored...

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 20:09
the problem is..they said it a week before it released in psn and you learning it now..we have no news since 22 of september and that's it

BlueSkiesXXV
8th Oct 2010, 20:47
With all the flak flying around this forum, it looks like they have battened down the hatches & are waiting for the storm to abate.

It is best to assume that they are beavering away on the online patch for PS3, 360 & PC (no small feat).

We had an update from Keir about 2 weeks ago & it is best to assume that there is nothing new to report yet. I am sure they will update us when they are sure that they have cracked it :)

Denis..
9th Oct 2010, 03:07
and im sure im straight but somehow i like men..whatever i just will play something else until that released..anyway its good think. im lucky i dont have any gliches, bugs so far lv 6

Pulse
10th Oct 2010, 02:59
Making games is hard. CD haven't done online multiplayer before. It's most likely a lot of hard work. So we should just be patient, yo.

It's fabulous your back, Denis.

xdiesp
10th Oct 2010, 12:33
13 days and counting!

Third time's the charm Denis.

Denis..
11th Oct 2010, 01:58
yeah no news..let's see their respect on their customers

Keir
11th Oct 2010, 14:13
Hi everyone.

I've been out of the office recently (having moved back from California) so sorry for the delayed response.

I am chasing up news on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meanwhile if anyone has any particular questions, please feel free to drop me a Private Message and I'll do my best to help.

chriss_99
11th Oct 2010, 14:21
Good to hear you're back! :thumb:

angelus0901
11th Oct 2010, 15:26
Hi everyone.

I've been out of the office recently (having moved back from California) so sorry for the delayed response.

I am chasing up news on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meanwhile if anyone has any particular questions, please feel free to drop me a Private Message and I'll do my best to help.

It's great you're back!! Please, just give us some news about the DLC... ;) :D

Canis_Majoris
11th Oct 2010, 15:43
I was going to make a new post but it was probably pretty obvious I wouldn't have to.

I have just come here to express my discontent for the game designers of Lara Croft GoL.
So me any my American friend were looking for some new online co-op games to play and we both purchased Lara Croft GoL as it is advertised with Online Co-oprative 1-2 Players. After purchasing we both start the game only to find that we had just been lied to and there is no online co-op. I only discover after a few internet searches that it has been delayed until ????

This is not acceptable in anyway, It is false advertisement and anyone wishing to take action against whoever is responsible can as you have consumer rights that have been broken as you/we bought something under false pretenses... It was inaccurately advertised/described.

I am getting very fed up with games companies releasing game before they are even ready! Why give us something half baked, but I guess we only find this out after buying this their incomplete junk so they likely don't care much at all once they have our hard earned money in their pockets.

Another example of a game being released incomplete is Halo Reach, Online matchmaking is to be released on the 19th which is incredibly annoying but at least you can still play online co-op if your in a party and at least they have given us a date, that doesn't make it acceptable, but tolerable on a one off.

I don't see Lara Croft GoL co-op coming any time soon... maybe never. Who knows.
If it was advertised without online co-op I wouldn't of minded as I wouldn't have been lied to when handing over my money but then if it was advertised without online co-op I wouldn't of bought this as that was the only reason I wanted the damn game, They are probably fully aware of that so they leave it there to continue fooling people into giving eidos or who ever their money.

Disgraceful behaviour and yes they say its delayed because they want to make sure we have the best online experience possible, well shoot, If thats the case, don't release the game until it is ready!!! Its so simple, its like somebody must of said "Hey have you guys finished making Lara Croft GoL?"... "no, were still working on it"... "ok, were just going to release it anyway, as long as we have those idiots money in our pockets, who cares?". Its unbelievable that they would F up this much.

So thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses, I'll be sure to recommend you guys to all my friends and people in the world.

Nemesis296
11th Oct 2010, 16:56
thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses

Good luck with that argument buddy. I would pay to see a picture of Eidos robbing your bank account without your knowledge to pay for this game. I'm not sure how you expected to be "informed" of the delay, but that isn't the responsibility of whoever you downloaded the game from. In today's day and age you have to be sensible enough to find out from the Internet (where the news travels the fastest) what the latest scoop is.

i_am_noob
11th Oct 2010, 17:23
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'stole' his money and he should sue or whatever lol BUT if we're choosing sides.. I'd say that "still" advertising the game as having online co-op as a selling point is COMPLETELY misleading.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/

Co-op action: Guardian of Light is the first ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft with fully cooperative online and offline story mode.

I mean if he's in the marketplace browsing the game and saw that.. he has no reason to go research further online expecting complications.

I'm just irritated at the screwjob cuz my friends and I saw this game and got excited to play it together online since like 5 months ago. I'm from the PS3 side and out of nowhere I had to find out they sold me out to Crapbox 360 for a couple months of exclusivity.. then I had to find out like 3 days before PSN launch there'd be no online co-op yet.. but hey at least that the "Xbox" online would be patched in 'soon'? But then it's 2 more weeks of zero word/announcement on progress for any platform?

Just.. foul way to turn my excitement for the game into a sour, waiting-for-nothing experience.

lol in all honesty though I just wanted to rant.. I'll just go play something else for now.. but for real dude.. get it together and do get around to completing what (to me) was the key feature/selling-point ASAP? Thanks!

BlueSkiesXXV
11th Oct 2010, 20:40
It cannot be denied that advertising the online co-op support on Xbox Marketplace from the original launch day until now is VERY WRONG!!! I can imagine that lots of people who made the purchase to play with their online buddies feel duped. Check out the ranting posts over on xbox.com for proof. You have to feel sorry for them.

Denis..
11th Oct 2010, 22:18
well im a ps3 user as well and doesn't like xbox but the game released early for the microsoft arcade thing in order to be a part of it..as for the delay it's not a big deal for me because there are better co op games out to keep me busy..as for the stealing thing..u bough that "crap" as u said. i wouldn't buy craps if i were you and relax a bit..the way you feel makes me thinking you have no life!

Terminal Meltdown
12th Oct 2010, 06:18
So thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses, I'll be sure to recommend you guys to all my friends and people in the world.

Good luck with that argument buddy. I would pay to see a picture of Eidos robbing your bank account without your knowledge to pay for this game.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/corvey/eidosbank1.jpg

Cry me a river... All $15 is lost! At least on the bright side, it looks like they left you a receipt, Canis.

Denis..
12th Oct 2010, 06:31
so sad..poor piggy

GeorgeMaciver
12th Oct 2010, 07:52
Hey, don't blame the Devs and CD for the business decisions being made. The Devs made a brilliant game and they love the fans and they love Tomb Raider. But they don't make the business decisions. If you want to blame someone, blame those making the business decisions, not the Devs. The Devs are the best in the world at what they do. Those they work for, well, let's not go there ;)

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Oct 2010, 11:14
Following up on my previous post, here are just a couple of example threads from xbox.com. There are now quite a lot of unhappy gamers out there:

http://forums.xbox.com/34554526/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/34409077/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/34426757/ShowPost.aspx

Canis_Majoris
13th Oct 2010, 02:14
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/corvey/eidosbank1.jpg

Cry me a river... All $15 is lost! At least on the bright side, it looks like they left you a receipt, Canis.

Thats pretty damn funny ;) Maybe stolen was the wrong word but it certainly feels that way but it certainly sold under false pretenses.

I have contacted Trading Standards (BBB in US)... flase advertisement, we'll see how this goes.

Denis..
13th Oct 2010, 03:38
days passing..no news..! better support naughty dog

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Oct 2010, 09:48
Keir has already stated that he is chasing this up (scroll up the page a little).

Denis..
13th Oct 2010, 12:44
what to do the chase? omg..it's been 20 days now since the delay announced..i mean come on..no respect on their customers at all and all we hear after 20+ days is..i chasing for news??

Ants_27_
13th Oct 2010, 12:52
There are far more important things going on at this moment in time (the news being a brilliant example of this) than some crappy patch for some crappy game for some pointless consoles and PC's.

Yes I have changed my mind as I was a bit whiny about the problems at first but ya know what, who cares.

Nemesis296
13th Oct 2010, 13:21
what to do the chase? omg..it's been 20 days now since the delay announced..i mean come on..no respect on their customers at all and all we hear after 20+ days is..i chasing for news??

What do you want them to say? A daily update saying "We are still working on it."? Hate to break it to ya, but companies usually don't have time to do things like that on a daily basis. Even though I understand it takes 10 seconds to type up a post, it probably has to be screened to make sure that they are saying proper information, etc and it's a lot more work than say you or I typing up a post on these forums. Official news is so explosive, one wrong word and it could hurt the entire company.

Patience, I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :thumb: And I'm sure that if Keir is chasing news, he's chasing news. :)

Keir
13th Oct 2010, 13:52
There are far more important things going on at this moment in time (the news being a brilliant example of this) than some crappy patch for some crappy game for some pointless consoles and PC's.

Yes I have changed my mind as I was a bit whiny about the problems at first but ya know what, who cares.

I appreciate it's frustrating and I'm sorry for that. Until I have been given a concrete date on the patch it's difficult for me to provide details. As Nemesis296 points out, I also don't want to post the same thing every day otherwise it would really antagonize people that are waiting for the patch.

I can appreciate it must be annoying when there's not too much communication coming but please understand that everyone at Crystal and Square really care about this and people are working their socks off to get the issue sorted as soon as possible.

As soon as I have some info I'll post it on here I promise.

Ants_27_
13th Oct 2010, 14:08
I might have sounded harsh but what I meant was the fact that people are complaining, it's been said so many days, oh noes... why no news, this is a crap way to treat your customers and whatnot. I'm kinda thinking be a bit quieter.

I'll go back to my post. Like this whole miners business. Granted absolutely nothing to do with CD, Tomb Raider or a patch but it highlights how much everyone expects everything right now. I'm guilty of this too. But they don't care if your patch isn't here right now (for a game you bought for £10), the majority of Chili couldn't give a damn cause there are more important things than a game, a console, or I want an update now cause I do.

That whole pod thing they have been using, it needed fixing after about the 5th guy to come up in it... sure they took it offline for about 20/30 mins but they didn't complain. Their families didn't complain, the majority of the world (who cares) didn't complain cause it's better to nail something with all your all and not half your all.:)

Yes I know the world doesn't stop but if they can wait to see their dads, husbands or brothers (whatever) surely you can cope without a patch.:rolleyes: I know I've changed my tune but I consider it to be my opinion and a truthful one at that.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Oct 2010, 15:52
I can appreciate it must be annoying when there's not too much communication coming but please understand that everyone at Crystal and Square really care about this and people are working their socks off to get the issue sorted as soon as possible.

Cheers Keir, good luck getting LCGoL patched up!

CuRsEdZx
13th Oct 2010, 17:28
I appreciate it's frustrating and I'm sorry for that. Until I have been given a concrete date on the patch it's difficult for me to provide details. As Nemesis296 points out, I also don't want to post the same thing every day otherwise it would really antagonize people that are waiting for the patch.

Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate it. It's just nice to hear you say ANYTHING...that's all I wanted to see. Frustration set in by me trying to find any sort of comment for a few weeks to show up on this forum to show that they are being read by the admins. Thank you for your response.

To all the fanboys out there, this was the purpose of this thread...to see if it was actually read by someone OFFICIAL. I am now satisfied, even though it did take a while.

Thanks again Keir:thumb:

Denis..
14th Oct 2010, 00:26

wow..thats sweet..thank you..aw and ants too bad i have no life(it doesnt mean im a fat guy) because i have no friends to talk..have fun whatever! i living a life that loneliness is on top but anyway its not that i want it..but i cant help it either with those unfriendly racists in greeceand its really damn hard to find a true friend when you are not straight..hope you understand

bedazzled
14th Oct 2010, 13:23
but i cant help it either with those unfriendly racists in greeceand its really damn hard to find a true friend when you are not straight..hope you understand

Yeah your saying your an arse bandit

chriss_99
14th Oct 2010, 19:06

You and Crystal team have my undying support. ;)

Ants_27_
14th Oct 2010, 20:31
days passing..no news..! better support naughty dog

I love Naughty Dog as much as the next bloke but hey, each needs development time. Granted Naughty Dog have never really failed to deliver with expectancies... though only played the uncharted series and of course the awesomeness of Crash!:cool:

As for people saying its CD's first attempt at multiplayer, well yeah it's true but other deveoper's have to try and nail it in one for the full release. Like Naughty Dog and Capcom with RE: 5 for example, unless they've used it before?:scratch:

Not taking sides here but ya know, give it all your all not half of it.;) No, I'm not trying to put forward that TR is never developed to the full, what would give you that idea.

Denis..
15th Oct 2010, 08:38
see that's my point! they are rushing the games when the actual full developed game would be much better..just think tha capcom have released re5 and eidos released tr8..re5 sold 5 million copies on the third month and underworld not even the half..its because of the rushing and when they rushing the game its quite almost sure that it won't sell many copies..on re5 we were waiting 3 years..and in these 3 years capcom was giving some news and the fans were keep increasing with that, that explains the successful release..now eidos are working on tr9 restrictive..how do they expect new fans hm?

Ants_27_
15th Oct 2010, 11:52
Yep, I don't disagree. It greatly annoys me to this day that some developers still rush games just to get a few extra quid a bit earlier, that might not be their intention but it's certainly not done to benefit the franchise or its fans.

As for them not saying anything about TR 9 yet, don't forget, CD might not even be that far into TR9, they may have only just really technically started. It seems a pointless thing to do if you've only just begun, to start saying we've just done this and this. The main problem with CD is the fact they are just unable to keep secrets. Look at Underworld, wasn't it about two weeks before it was released that the entire list of levels and the purpose of those levels included?:rolleyes:

I believe in giving more than one chance, and I hope to God that this Reboot for TR is as successful as the Reboot for Resident Evil 4 was for Capcom. But as you said as well, CD don't seem to be able polish a game. You could blame Eidos but it's no longer them, so what will be there excuse now if they still fail to polish the game.

Denis..
16th Oct 2010, 07:36
well now square hold the ropes and guide the horse..let's hope its gonna help em

Ants_27_
16th Oct 2010, 08:48
well now square hold the ropes and guide the horse..let's hope its gonna help em

I'm sure they will. Didn't they delay Final Fantasy 13 (or whatever number they are up too) a few times? I'm not a fan of the FF games like but my mate is and I think he kept saying they delayed it a few times cause it still wasn't ready.

So maybe...

Nemesis296
16th Oct 2010, 17:27
I'm sure they will. Didn't they delay Final Fantasy 13 (or whatever number they are up too) a few times? I'm not a fan of the FF games like but my mate is and I think he kept saying they delayed it a few times cause it still wasn't ready.

So maybe...

Well SE certainly dropped the ball with FFXIV (regardless of delays), I heard that was *terrible*...

Danielsun_
16th Oct 2010, 19:20
i've been away for a while but rest assured people that they will release the patch as soon as it is ready. im just as frustrated as everyone else is, purely because i love the game andi want it to be better, but as they say good things come to those who wait

i reckon it'll be worth it ;)

Denis..
17th Oct 2010, 06:27
guys i think..its the first time that cd actually delays something so important for a lara game..a feature that most people actually bought the game..i smell SE is behind..CD were about to release it on 28 and SE said it needs work enough with the rushing..so its a good thing i guess..btw its a month since the delay announced..nothing so far..