PDA

View Full Version : Violence / Gore Settings

marcelteaching
6th Oct 2010, 06:38
It would be appreciated by some customers of :

- Non-lethal takedowns were enabled / an option (eg. batons, stun / etc.)
- Blood / Gore can be disabled /adjusted if desired via a .ini or in settings.

Any word on how much of this integration is currently present as it stands?

Marcel

marcelteaching
6th Oct 2010, 06:42
This also relates to http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

IS THERE REALISM & ELEMENTS OF SOCIOLOGY?
Deus Ex: HR will have blood and realism but gore will remain limited - it is not a game about butchery. There won't be any over-the-top extreme content either, like dueling chainsaws. Mature content will remain realistic.

zombieturtle01
6th Oct 2010, 07:13
Rumor has it that if you put the gore on max, Adam has a special castration takedown; where he tears off the balls of an enemy soldier and then replaces them with a pair of GRENADES.

Red
6th Oct 2010, 07:27
So Adam is actually Duke Nukem?

Pinky_Powers
6th Oct 2010, 08:22
- Non-lethal takedowns were enabled / an option (eg. batons, stun / etc.)

Last we heard, there are no non-lethal melee weapons. But there are non-lethal firing weapons.

Also, takedowns can be lethal or nonlethal based on how long you hold down the button. You will always be allowed to spare your opponent... save for Bosses. Those you will have to kill.

Blade_hunter
6th Oct 2010, 09:28
The gore is just like in a 12+ game, the best we can see is some blood, there is no dismemberments and even not gibs, when firing a missile in a dead corpse.
Yeah, next time when Adam will go to a phone, he will do a prank, to Federova and tell her: I've got balls of steel!, and that will be the reason that she will be angry on the next encounter.
My balls are augmented :cool:

St. Mellow
6th Oct 2010, 12:41
Rumor has it that if you put the gore on max, Adam has a special castration takedown; where he tears off the balls of an enemy soldier and then replaces them with a pair of GRENADES.

SOLD. Finally a reason to buy this game no matter what. Postal 3 can't come soon enough.

xsamitt
6th Oct 2010, 13:20

Now that's quote of the day material.:lmao:

Slack
6th Oct 2010, 14:17

http://www.herdofcats.ca/files/images/Sarcasm.jpg

Shralla
6th Oct 2010, 19:39
If you don't want to see blood/gore, don't play games that have it. You wouldn't go watch a war movie if you didn't want to see somebody's leg getting blown off.

JCpies
6th Oct 2010, 20:00
If you don't want to see blood/gore, don't play games that have it. You wouldn't go watch a war movie if you didn't want to see somebody's leg getting blown off.

You go to watch war movies to seel legs get blown off?

Blade_hunter
6th Oct 2010, 20:08
Some war movies, like horror and such things have different ratings to have gore and other things that can watch by everyone or only a more advised public, games have often customizable gore. And that's great because I love when gore is on the highest settings, now there is people who prefer the lowest...

mad825
6th Oct 2010, 20:24

some PC gamers do appreciate this option if they do have a poor CPU/GPU, some people do prefer frames over graphics.

Shralla
6th Oct 2010, 21:06
If you have to turn off blood to get more frames, you should just be playing on a console, or you should upgrade your computer.

jtr7
6th Oct 2010, 21:11
Only the best and chunkiest splashing gore for the best rigs, and only the nastiest visuals to complement story and character and gameplay--all "optional", of course, at no cost to you or the final product! :thumb:

OwlSolar
7th Oct 2010, 06:53
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

...Why is it that I can't have that all in caps unless I write something random here? :scratch:

IdiotInAJeep
7th Oct 2010, 07:06
Skulls for the skull throne!

kikilkiki
7th Oct 2010, 08:14
Don't think the game needs gore tbh, but some form of injury after a take down make sense. In the video where AJ makes a lethal take down on the guy sitting at his desk, it just looks wrong that there is no visual cue that the guy got stabbed once the blade are pulled out of his torso...

OwlSolar
7th Oct 2010, 10:07
Believe me, there is a lot of blood when you stab someone in real life. Enough that many people might find it unrealistic. And yes, gory. Being stabbed is gory, you know.

Ninjerk
7th Oct 2010, 10:30
My friend was looking at one of those shock websites and found a series of pictures of the aftermath of a knife fight. It was so ******* gross.

Ilves
7th Oct 2010, 16:18
Believe me, there is a lot of blood when you stab someone in real life. Enough that many people might find it unrealistic. And yes, gory. Being stabbed is gory, you know.

Totally depends on where the knife hits, really.

AlexOfSpades
7th Oct 2010, 16:23
If the blade penetrates the carotid and is kept there, there wouldnt be much blood spilling.

hem dazon 90
7th Oct 2010, 20:47
Enough time on 4-chan has taught me that almost any injury with a gun is beyond messy.

Really the only game with actually realistic gore is Left 4 dead

Fluffis
7th Oct 2010, 21:32
Skulls for the skull throne!

Close.
"Skulls for the throne of Khorne!"

TrickyVein
7th Oct 2010, 21:42
Duran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Dur%C3%A1n) tells us that some young aztec-warriors would partake in a ritual that involved wearing the flayed skin of their enemies for weeks at a time. The smell of rotting carrion would follow wherever they went, and they had the most hideous appearance.

Shralla
8th Oct 2010, 02:45
Close.
"Skulls for the throne of Khorne!"

"Blood for the blood god" and "skulls for the skull throne" are both perfectly legitimate 40k phrases.

OwlSolar
8th Oct 2010, 05:02
So that's what it's from!

Fluffis
8th Oct 2010, 20:22
"Blood for the blood god" and "skulls for the skull throne" are both perfectly legitimate 40k phrases.

Ah, 40k... the bastard child. :D