PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Zombie Apocalypse

Dead-Eye
5th Oct 2010, 03:33
So take Zombies and add them to Deus Ex and what do you get? Survival horror at it's best! :D

I was thinking about Zombie Apocalypses and was all like, the N.w.O is totally going to use a nanovirus to make zombies. It's a common pop culture reference, it's not totally impossible in a world where Nanotechnology works like it dose in Deus Ex, and it reduces the world population and makes sure everyone moves to Smart Groth chambers like Adam Jones keeps telling us they are going to do.

So I was thinking what if after JC blows up the Aquinas Hub MJ12 activates a backup hub that uses the Gray Death as a makeshift backup hub?

I mean in the original DX setting people had been dying in the streets and the bodies had been piling up. All of the bodies could be infected with the gray death and all MJ12 would need to do is reprogram the nanomachines to carryout an operation to create a Zombie Apocalypse. At the same time the zombie hoards could be used as a sort of wireless network before MJ12 could rebuild one. It's almost a logical backup plan for a group like MJ12 and when Area 51 was destroyed they could have already had this in place as a backup before it happend.

I believe it would provide an interesting game world. MJ12 would come out as the only group capable of protecting the population by providing protection in their controlled cities (Which are really Smart Groth Zones to follow along with the N.W.O conspiracy). Everyone else would be under attack by Blue Eyed zombies pulsating with nanomachines and a hunger for the flesh of humans. Any of MJ12's enemies would be wiped out by something that couldn't be blamed on them by the general population, Tongs plan to take out globule communications would backfire and the only people who might be fighting MJ12 would need to be strong enough to survive on the badlands of a zombie infested North America.

P.S. I know this isn't quit Human Revaluation related but we had a thread called The Hive for posts like this one and the idea was cool but it didn't pan out. I think on the bases that Human Revaluation should have an SDK, and ideas/threads like this one can be turned into mods for Human Revolution is the reason the Hive was started in the first place. So please don't move this thread.

hem dazon 90
5th Oct 2010, 03:41
Zombies are boring and overused

Djinn FTW

mad825
5th Oct 2010, 04:36
ja, I would have to agree with Hem.

Dead Rising or Left fore Dead should cleanse thyself of such passion.

Pinky_Powers
5th Oct 2010, 04:39
How long did it take you to do all that colour coding? :confused: :eek:

pringlepower
5th Oct 2010, 04:51
Is there a... secret message in the colours?

avenging_teabag
5th Oct 2010, 07:24
Yeah, what's with the colored letters? My eyes hurt now.

Corpus
5th Oct 2010, 08:33
God forbid anyone makes a zombie mod for it.

AlexOfSpades
5th Oct 2010, 11:34
If its a mod, yay.

If its actual content of the game, not yay.

Remember in the first DX when there was some kind of "Killing houses", where people paid to be "euthanized" so they wouldnt have to suicide? I dont remember exactly where i saw info about that...

Maybe they were collecting bodies to the zombie hordes!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/chblj00/its_a_conspiracy.jpg

sonicsidewinder
5th Oct 2010, 13:49
Zombies = DLC

And i don't want it :)

Romeo
5th Oct 2010, 16:11
Bah, I like the concept. I remember months and months and months ago I jokingly wrote a little quip here about a nanite-fueled zombie possibility (Regen mod at it's peak!). Besides, as a little DLC, I wouldn't argue with it. Those who don't like don't need to download it. Those who do like could download it.

MaxxQ1
5th Oct 2010, 16:51
Remember in the first DX when there was some kind of "Killing houses", where people paid to be "euthanized" so they wouldnt have to suicide? I dont remember exactly where i saw info about that...

Maybe they were collecting bodies to the zombie hordes!

It was mentioned in an email at Paul's apartment, I think. It was a spam email from Kervorkian, Inc.

Kervorkian, of course, referring to Dr. Kervorkian, who was in the (real life) news about a decade or so ago, because he was a proponent of assisted suicide to allow terminally ill patients to end their lives earlier than normal to reduce their suffering and/or financial burdens on their families.

Dead-Eye
5th Oct 2010, 19:00
I keep on thinking about JC needing to go to some abandoned underground lab only to find out it's filled with zombies. I wonder what JC would do in that kind of situation? Probably kick ass and chew bubblegum.

OwlSolar
5th Oct 2010, 23:52
Nah, he would stealth past them. Or maybe he'll take the social path and talk his way though.

Romeo
6th Oct 2010, 00:57
Nah, he would stealth past them. Or maybe he'll take the social path and talk his way though.
*Tries to sneak out and cuts himself climbing a fence, attracting the zombies' attention*
"Oh... Hey, I um... Need information..."
"BRAINZ!!"
"Clearly I picked the wrong dialogue option..."

Bushmonster
6th Oct 2010, 01:06
"how does that childs arm taste"

"its good if you like rat piss"

"havent tried it"

on a serious note

i dont see how zombies could be implemented in HR, it may have been a more viable option in the original where naninte rejection could have had a "zombifying" affect on certain people

OwlSolar
6th Oct 2010, 01:09
Cyborg zombies.

Bushmonster
6th Oct 2010, 01:19
ah, yes i see now

it could be a "pandemic" created by the main antagonist/bad corporation to distract the people from whatever that companies motives are.

and the illuminatti could force a group with evil intentions to go against the corporation under a false pretense, just so there is a morally gray ending

but as i am done planning this out i realize that this would probably have to be made in an SDK or DLC

OwlSolar
6th Oct 2010, 01:27
I was kidding. :o

TrickyVein
6th Oct 2010, 01:29
OMG!!! Robot Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nS-S2qh0eE)!

Bushmonster
6th Oct 2010, 01:30
haha , regardless, i like my little plot

Romeo
6th Oct 2010, 01:47
"how does that childs arm taste"

"its good if you like rat piss"

"havent tried it"

on a serious note

i dont see how zombies could be implemented in HR, it may have been a more viable option in the original where naninte rejection could have had a "zombifying" affect on certain people
Way back when, when I did a little quip about nanite-fueled zombies, I did a combination of over-dosing (Death) and nanite regeneration (Undead). It would be great to see, in terms of the first "failed attempt" at making nano-augs possible in the future (Further establishing it's foothold as a prequel).

TrickyVein
6th Oct 2010, 03:35
That could be horrifying - the first nano-mechanically augmented agents, or people for that matter, would be animated husks! Wait, actually, that sounds almost exactly like these husks (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Husk).

Romeo
6th Oct 2010, 14:49
A little. Like I said, just imagine someone who's body is wanting to die, but is swimming in so many healing nanites, it can't quite shut down.

Dead-Eye
6th Oct 2010, 20:36
"This is no way to live, and I got to stop it!" -Adam Jensen

Yeah it could be a cool sub mission. Adam brakes into a lab and they where experimenting on early nanotechnology. So the zombies would just be Denton clones. Speaking of which, I'm guessing that baby we saw in the first teaser was a Denton clone.

Shadowdagger
6th Oct 2010, 21:00
I swear, if I ever read something about zombies again, I'm gonna scream!
That zombie trope is not only overused and cliché - but it's just overly stupid, non-sense and doesn't belong to the science fiction category, but rather to fantasy-horror. (Except you talk about a "zombie" as a metaphor)

Deus Ex is a more realistic, mature and not a stupid fantasy horror game. I'm so fed up with zombies (just like dragons, elves etc.) that I ignore every game/book/movie/music which contains those tropes. Yes, I ignore such games like Halo, ME etc. too.
That's why I'm a fan of mature cyberpunk.

Pinky_Powers
6th Oct 2010, 21:21
(just like dragons, elves etc.) that I ignore every game/book/movie/music which contains those tropes.

I'm glad we're not friends.

I love my fantasy worlds, with magic and mythical creatures. It's in my blood.

S**t! I once started writing a story that was meant to be a more realistic spy-thriller, or maybe something like Alias. But in no time at all, it was growing into some sort of Buffy, Harry Potter Alias hybrid.

I can't help myself. Fantasy is just in by nature. I love it to death.

hem dazon 90
6th Oct 2010, 21:59
I'm glad we're not friends.

I love my fantasy worlds, with magic and mythical creatures. It's in my blood.

S**t! I once started writing a story that was meant to be a more realistic spy-thriller, or maybe something like Alias. But in no time at all, it was growing into some sort of Buffy, Harry Potter Alias hybrid.

I can't help myself. Fantasy is just in by nature. I love it to death.

Only good fantasy book ever was the 1001 nights

FACT.

jjc
6th Oct 2010, 22:17
OMG zombiez r so kewl and random! LOL i luv how EVERYTHING has 2 do w/ zombies nao kekekkeke

Dead-Eye
7th Oct 2010, 03:48
I swear, if I ever read something about zombies again, I'm gonna scream!
That zombie trope is not only overused and cliché - but it's just overly stupid, non-sense and doesn't belong to the science fiction category, but rather to fantasy-horror. (Except you talk about a "zombie" as a metaphor)

Deus Ex is a more realistic, mature and not a stupid fantasy horror game. I'm so fed up with zombies (just like dragons, elves etc.) that I ignore every game/book/movie/music which contains those tropes. Yes, I ignore such games like Halo, ME etc. too.
That's why I'm a fan of mature cyberpunk.

ummm... you like stuff that talks about technology that doesn't exist and secret societies that control the world but you hate anything that isn't real? I mean sure, to each his own but you're hatred seems a little over the top.

Although, I will admit, I don't actually think zombies would be a good idea for the devs to included in Human revaluation. They weren't in DX so why would they be in it's prequel... unless... the government had zombies ALL ALONG!!! (DX conspiracy tune)

I'm just saying this would make for an interesting adaption of Deus Ex. Maybe as a mod or as a standalone game.... or DLC.

Romeo
7th Oct 2010, 04:00
Mod or DLC I think it could be kinda fun, just as a unique experience. And I'm with Dead-Eye, you play a game about nano-augs, government conspiracies and plasma weaponary, and yet the concept of something being more or less dead but mobile seems too fantastic to be true? Alrighty then...

JCpies
7th Oct 2010, 05:49

Djinn FTW

What are you talking about!? This guy is right, we need zombies to make a game financially succesful.

Brockxz
7th Oct 2010, 06:29
Please stop with that zombie bulls.hit. Mod or no mod, I don't want to see Zombies anywhere near Deus Ex title. It's like plague, someone makes a selling hit introducing multiplayer, every other game developer start to think that they need to add multiplayer to his game too (see Assassin's Creed, Dead Space etc). Someone makes selling hit adding horde mode or something like that and in the end every ******** developer start to think they need those challenges too. Same with Zombies. That's the stupidest thing to do, to pursue someone' s success formula and in the end to ruin his own great ideas (game). Look at those poor developers who think they will be next Blizzard with their WoW and in the end they make ****ty WoW clone noone really cares unless they go f2p mode.

pringlepower
7th Oct 2010, 06:58
Please stop with that zombie bulls.hit. Mod or no mod, I don't want to see Zombies anywhere near Deus Ex title. It's like plague, someone makes a selling hit introducing multiplayer, every other game developer start to think that they need to add multiplayer to his game too (see Assassin's Creed, Dead Space etc). Someone makes selling hit adding horde mode or something like that and in the end every ******** developer start to think they need those challenges too. Same with Zombies. That's the stupidest thing to do, to pursue someone' s success formula and in the end to ruin his own great ideas (game). Look at those poor developers who think they will be next Blizzard with their WoW and in the end they make ****ty WoW clone noone really cares unless they go f2p mode.

I dunno, zombies sound fun.

Romeo
7th Oct 2010, 07:26
Wow, that was atrocious to read. Tone down the swearing, and your post wont be half censor marks. Also, give grammer a chance.

As to your point, why would you care if someone made a zombie mod? That is quite literally the least logical thing I could possibly imagine. If you don't like zombies... DON'T DOWNLOAD THE MOD. :rolleyes:

Brockxz
7th Oct 2010, 08:19
Wow, that was atrocious to read. Tone down the swearing, and your post wont be half censor marks. Also, give grammer a chance.

As to your point, why would you care if someone made a zombie mod? That is quite literally the least logical thing I could possibly imagine. If you don't like zombies... DON'T DOWNLOAD THE MOD. :rolleyes:

lol there are only 2 words and even one of them i already censured myself. If that's too much, i'm sorry :rasp:

I really don 't care what community do with game (that's community is for, to make senseless but fun "fan" mods), I care what developers do with games. There is a reason why we get same s..t over and over in games and why developers think that next logical step is to implement health regeneration and cover system (see the last IGN interview) like Kill Switch, Gears of War etc already did. Copy and paste, copy and paste and hope that somehow this game will be on the radar between those game mechanic idea clones. That's why i don 't want that Eidos Montreal makes zombie mod, horde mode or whatever else that has been done already 10 times in past 2 years. If they can come up with really fresh idea about some of those modes.. please do it but i doubt that will happen.
Why I care? Well because I care about purchasing great game not some mediocre "every other developer already did that but we copied their ideas because that's COOL now" game.

By the way I like zombies but only in games that make sense having them there.

OwlSolar
7th Oct 2010, 10:10
I just had a funny thought.

Anyone ever read Max Brooks's zombie books? He states that fancy high-tech weapons are ineffective against zombies and simple weapons work best. Take a look at the weapons in this game. :D

AlexOfSpades
7th Oct 2010, 16:30
I just had a funny thought.

Anyone ever read Max Brooks's zombie books? He states that fancy high-tech weapons are ineffective against zombies and simple weapons work best. Take a look at the weapons in this game. :D

Why they are ineffective?

Dont worry, i always have a crowbar with me for a crude takedown.

If we get zombies, we NEED a pump action shotgun.

Its like having a racing game with no half naked girls.

Oh! And a equippable cigarrette.

Anyways,

Zombies wont ruin the game, or the DLC.

Thief had zombies, they were original and fit the game pretty well.

Damn, Thief has even the Hammerhaunts, walking skeletons that run and attack very quickly, while laughing a creepy spectral laugh. Hwa hah hah! And some odd ghosts that threw craniums at you. Wow!

Half Life had zombies with crabs on their heads. Eeew!

Halo had the Flood monsters. Fatsos!

Its perfectly possible to create an Original zombie/undead.

mad825
7th Oct 2010, 17:11

Damn, Thief has even the Hammerhaunts, walking skeletons that run and attack very quickly, while laughing a creepy spectral laugh. Hwa hah hah! And some odd ghosts that threw craniums at you. Wow!

Science fiction≠Fantasy
there are not many ways in which zombies can be justified in Science fiction unless they dabble in the clichés of a virus or a "curse" (curses can be Fantasy unless back it up with how they are able to move..ect).

half-life's "zombies" are relativity a pseudo version as the host may be dead but there is a living (not undead) creature controlling the host's body like a puppet, directly.

The flood in halo are no different to the Zerg in Starcraft, they are parasitic organism.

AlexOfSpades
7th Oct 2010, 17:37
Science fiction≠Fantasy
there are not many ways in which zombies can be justified in Science fiction unless they dabble in the clichés of a virus or a "curse" (curses can be Fantasy unless back it up with how they are able to move..ect).

half-life's "zombies" are relativity a pseudo version as the host may be dead but there is a living (not undead) creature controlling the host's body like a puppet, directly.

The flood in halo are no different to the Zerg in Starcraft, they are parasitic organism.

Mmmm.

The zombie i meant is not the walking dead person. Is the concept of
the slow-moving, melee-attacking gory atrocity that is deadly when in crowds.

Just like those floods from Halo, Mawmen in HL, Husks in Mass Effect, Feral Ghouls in Fallout...

The "zombie-like" enemy concept. Got what i mean?

If they were creatively implemented and didnt looked like the regular target from
Left 4 Dead, it could work even in a Deus Ex scenario.

Pinky_Powers
7th Oct 2010, 19:28
Yes yes. I can see VersaLife creating some sort of transmutant creature that kills its host and controls it like a brain-hungry zombie. ...half Greasle half tapeworm. :)

Gordon_Shea
8th Oct 2010, 02:06
That Bioweapon from the start of Invisible War should have been a zombie maker.

Think about it. Instead of turning everything into Gray Goo, it emits a signal that uses an exploit in the standard nanoaugmentation architecture to make it crash and reduce nanoaugmented people to mindless, super-powered zombies. It'd be way more in-line with the Templar agenda since it'd increase paranoia about augmented people or getting augmented. Plus it'd make the prospect of Helios joining everyone together in a big lame transhumanist hivemind more ambiguous.

Romeo
8th Oct 2010, 05:05

Anyways,

Zombie Survival Guide. Pick it up. Read it. Love it.

Anyways, the thing he's referring to is "Guns run out of bullets. Swords don't."

And whether or not there's zombies is irrelevent, there needs to be a pump-action shotgun anyways.

Irate_Iguana
8th Oct 2010, 10:45
"Guns run out of bullets. Swords don't."

Getting into a melee with creatures whose bodily fluids are contagious isn't the brightest of ideas.

AlexOfSpades
8th Oct 2010, 12:37
Getting into a melee with creatures whose bodily fluids are contagious isn't the brightest of ideas.

Depending of the scenario...

But mostly, you'll get bathed in rotten skin and organs, coagulated blood and any other organic fluid that they
produce.

Yuck.

Just pick'em off a distance or get ready to bath yourself every time you fight.

hem dazon 90
8th Oct 2010, 20:02

Anyways,

But theif was fantasy and thus didn't have to be constrained by reality

OwlSolar
9th Oct 2010, 06:17
Depending of the scenario...

But mostly, you'll get bathed in rotten skin and organs, coagulated blood and any other organic fluid that they
produce.

Yuck.

Just pick'em off a distance or get ready to bath yourself every time you fight.
Nah, the zombies in this case don't bleed very well (I don't really know the right word for why). Unless you're trying to hack their insides out, then you won't get much gore on you (you should be going for the head).

TrickyVein
9th Oct 2010, 12:07
^^ If the Zombie is in fact a reanimated corpse, then his lack of blood circulation will make things decidedly less gory with regards to bleeding all over the place. "Exsanguination" I think it's called?

AlexOfSpades
9th Oct 2010, 15:47
Does the coagulated blood makes his limbs more resilient?

Since the blood is solidified.

Aonaran
9th Oct 2010, 17:19

Djinn FTW

Indeed. There is far too much zombie saturation these days. You know the genre is (or at least should be) dead when the first (and arguably only) person to ever get it right (Mr. Romero) can't even make it interesting anymore.

TrickyVein
9th Oct 2010, 20:02
^^ The Zombie-genre is dead?

Nice one. :rolleyes:

pringlepower
9th Oct 2010, 22:48
Indeed. There is far too much zombie saturation these days. You know the genre is (or at least should be) dead when the first (and arguably only) person to ever get it right (Mr. Romero) can't even make it interesting anymore.

Oh I dunno, Half Life Zombines were fun.

AlexOfSpades
13th Oct 2010, 21:52
http://i.imgur.com/mbdT4.gif

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 00:17
Keep your mouth shut, and make sure you don't cut yourself, you'll be fine. Besides, as someone pointed out, zombies tend to die in a rather dry manner. Why waste bullets? After all, they're no longer being produced, which means you're going to expose yourself to unnecessary risk trying to rob places that sell ammo. LONG TERM PLANNING, MAN.

And oh my god, Alex. That was the best zombie video I've seen in a while. :lol:

LeMoN_LiMe
14th Oct 2010, 00:28
Cliche and Overused

Like that new show "Dead Walking" or whatever.

I mean they act like nobodys ever made a zombie survival story before! *cough* resident evil *cough*
Seriously people enough with the dang zombies.....

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 00:31
Cliche and Overused

I mean they act like nobodys ever made a zombie survival story before! *cough* resident evil *cough*
Seriously people enough with the dang zombies.....
There has been some uniquity. Zombieland and Survival of the Dead for example were drastically different movies, but both about the same theme of retaining some humanity in the face of extinction. Resident Evil and Dead Rising play NOTHING like eachother as well.

pringlepower
14th Oct 2010, 00:38
There has been some uniquity. Zombieland and Survival of the Dead for example were drastically different movies, but both about the same theme of retaining some humanity in the face of extinction. Resident Evil and Dead Rising play NOTHING like eachother as well.

Left 4 Dead was fun. So was Nazi zombies.

Romeo
14th Oct 2010, 03:30
Left 4 Dead was fun. So was Nazi zombies.
Left 4 Dead was a great time with friends. Haven't had a chance to play the Nazi Zombie mode of Call of Duty yet. :o

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2010, 04:41
http://i.imgur.com/mbdT4.gif

I can't stop watching! :lol:

BigBoss
19th Oct 2010, 01:31
I think red dead is doing it right with the undead dlc campaign. But ONLY in the sense of the content. 6 hr campaign coop an mp modes ftw

AlexOfSpades
20th Oct 2010, 17:41
Wow, had an uber idea here.

What if, for a change of pace, we had defensive missions instead of assault and infiltration missions as we usually have in Deus ex?

For example: Protect the warehouse from the zombies.

Then you could actually make use of the cameras, sentry guns, laser alarms and robots, perhaps some mines too, to prepare your defenses.

And then get into a tight sniper spot. It would be sweet.

BigBoss
20th Oct 2010, 17:47
So take Zombies and add them to Deus Ex and what do you get? Survival horror at it's best! :D

I was thinking about Zombie Apocalypses and was all like, the N.w.O is totally going to use a nanovirus to make zombies. It's a common pop culture reference, it's not totally impossible in a world where Nanotechnology works like it dose in Deus Ex, and it reduces the world population and makes sure everyone moves to Smart Groth chambers like Adam Jones keeps telling us they are going to do.

So I was thinking what if after JC blows up the Aquinas Hub MJ12 activates a backup hub that uses the Gray Death as a makeshift backup hub?

I mean in the original DX setting people had been dying in the streets and the bodies had been piling up. All of the bodies could be infected with the gray death and all MJ12 would need to do is reprogram the nanomachines to carryout an operation to create a Zombie Apocalypse. At the same time the zombie hoards could be used as a sort of wireless network before MJ12 could rebuild one. It's almost a logical backup plan for a group like MJ12 and when Area 51 was destroyed they could have already had this in place as a backup before it happend.

I believe it would provide an interesting game world. MJ12 would come out as the only group capable of protecting the population by providing protection in their controlled cities (Which are really Smart Groth Zones to follow along with the N.W.O conspiracy). Everyone else would be under attack by Blue Eyed zombies pulsating with nanomachines and a hunger for the flesh of humans. Any of MJ12's enemies would be wiped out by something that couldn't be blamed on them by the general population, Tongs plan to take out globule communications would backfire and the only people who might be fighting MJ12 would need to be strong enough to survive on the badlands of a zombie infested North America.

P.S. I know this isn't quit Human Revaluation related but we had a thread called The Hive for posts like this one and the idea was cool but it didn't pan out. I think on the bases that Human Revaluation should have an SDK, and ideas/threads like this one can be turned into mods for Human Revolution is the reason the Hive was started in the first place. So please don't move this thread.

No all this would make for is a witty pun "He's a Transhuman now!!!!" get it? GET IT????

Shralla
20th Oct 2010, 18:53
Cliche and Overused

I mean they act like nobodys ever made a zombie survival story before!

You mean Walking Dead, which is based on a comic book from 2003?

And who is "they" exactly? People make zombie media because people like zombies. That's about as simple as it gets. The people making it like zombies, and the people who read/play/watch it like zombies.

Darma
20th Oct 2010, 20:27
(...)NwOnanoviruszombiespopimpossiblepopulationSmartGrothAqMJ12GDMJ12MJ12MJ12MJ12 BlueMJ12

I don't see any secret message from here

Romeo
21st Oct 2010, 19:38
Wow, had an uber idea here.

What if, for a change of pace, we had defensive missions instead of assault and infiltration missions as we usually have in Deus ex?

For example: Protect the warehouse from the zombies.

Then you could actually make use of the cameras, sentry guns, laser alarms and robots, perhaps some mines too, to prepare your defenses.

And then get into a tight sniper spot. It would be sweet.
...Mod? :p

[FGS]Shadowrunner
21st Oct 2010, 21:39
HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/trem/images

A resident evil mod for Deus Ex already exists...

Mushroom
22nd Oct 2010, 01:57
I don't want no zombies in my cyberpunk.

Romeo
22nd Oct 2010, 04:41
I don't want no zombies in my cyberpunk.
...Don't download any zombie mods then? :rolleyes:

OwlSolar
23rd Oct 2010, 04:30
I don't even want the idea of zombies in my cyberpunk.

:eek:

Pinky_Powers
23rd Oct 2010, 05:32
I don't even want the idea of zombies in my cyberpunk.

:eek:

I wish I could take that righteous stand. I even build up a fine reserve of indignation at the thought, but then I remember Ravenholm...

Misty-eyed sentimentality and nostalgia creep in, and I realize, Zombies can work in just about any setting; it just needs to be done well.

OwlSolar
23rd Oct 2010, 05:33
I'm kidding. I love zombies. Not exactly to the necrophila level, but somewhat close.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Oct 2010, 00:18
I thought the movie Serenity was interesting, the Reavers reminded me of 28 Days Later.
Serenity in general I found to be very similar to Deus Ex and Bladerunner.
There is a cold character and a humane character and they battle each other.

Romeo
24th Oct 2010, 01:34
I'm kidding. I love zombies. Not exactly to the necrophila level, but somewhat close.
CREEEEEEP. lol

Shadowrunner;1514050']I thought the movie Serenity was interesting, the Reavers reminded me of 28 Days Later.
Serenity in general I found to be very similar to Deus Ex and Bladerunner.
There is a cold character and a humane character and they battle each other.
Exactly! See, I think a zombie mod would be kinda fun: No need to remain within canon (Being a mod) and could introduce a different, darker kind of gameplay. Personally, I think it'd be fun.