PDA

View Full Version : Another bland cover shooter?

JoylessTuna
4th Oct 2010, 22:23
so far all the gameplay i have seen seems to look like this game is just going to be another gears rip off. Deus Ex never had third person or scripted melee attacks. I hope this game offers more then what i have seen.

AlexOfSpades
4th Oct 2010, 22:43
Then you havent seen enough.

Shralla
4th Oct 2010, 22:58
You don't say good sir

Dead-Eye
4th Oct 2010, 23:04
Another thread about the opinions of the die hards.

Rice Pudding UK
4th Oct 2010, 23:08
So what if he's Die Hard? You can't change a formula, Deus Ex is an RPG, don't get me wrong, Human Revolution looks phenominal BUT, it was an RPG and a bloody good one at that.

I loved the Jedi Knight series on the PC a few years ago, back in the glory days of the PC, We got to Jedi Academy in 2003 which I loved! But it Jedi Knight 4 was to come along as an RTS or 2.5D Adventure game I'd be pissed

Pinky_Powers
4th Oct 2010, 23:10
so far all the gameplay i have seen seems to look like this game is just going to be another gears rip off. Deus Ex never had third person or scripted melee attacks. I hope this game offers more then what i have seen.

Gears of War: a game where you take cover and fend off wave, after wave of baddies with heavy weapons.

Human Revolution: A game that can be played entirely with stealth, where you can avoid killing anybody save the bosses.

How is it a "bland cover shooter"?

Also, there are no scripted melee attacks. You're a liar, and a fiend.

Ashbery76
4th Oct 2010, 23:27
Guys like this have already made their mind up about the game,and are just waiting for release to pan it.

Very sad.

Ashpolt
4th Oct 2010, 23:37
Guys like this have already made their mind up about the game,and are just waiting for release to pan it.

Very sad.

By the same "logic" I could claim that you've already made up your mind about the game, and are just waiting for release to praise it.

Very sad.

---

But on topic: I don't think the game as a whole will be a bland cover shooter. I do think, however, that those who choose to play the action route will have to deal with a bland cover shooter and "game does it for you" instant takedowns.

Dead-Eye
4th Oct 2010, 23:42
I just hope this game is hard. That will make up for 80% of the bull crap.

NKD
4th Oct 2010, 23:44

Given that you can play through the whole game while shooting almost no one, and that melee attacks aren't scripted but can be used on anyone, anywhere, (minus a few important folks, I imagine.) It seems that your comparison is already inaccurate sir.

JoylessTuna
5th Oct 2010, 00:55
Also, there are no scripted melee attacks. You're a liar, and a fiend
so when u are about to kill a guy on a chair and it cuts to a video or jump in front of to guys and the video kills them thats not scripted?

By the same "logic" I could claim that you've already made up your mind about the game, and are just waiting for release to praise it.

Very sad

thank you. Thats the truth about people who just assume a game with a certain name are going to be good. I didnt say is was going to be a gears rip off, i was just saying from what i have seen so far. I hope this game is just as much as an rpg as a shooter. A cover shooter is alright, but i just hope they keep the stable qualities that made deus ex an amazing game. The flamers in forums are disgusting. Get outside and get off your couch please people.

Facebyface
5th Oct 2010, 00:57
Get outside and get off your couch please people.

I do believe we have spotted a lowly troll in our midst. What say you chaps?

NKD
5th Oct 2010, 00:59

Looks like it! Someone get the torches!

JoylessTuna
5th Oct 2010, 01:03
Wow, i make a comment about the game and it turns into a flame war. In that case +100 to fire def

AlexOfSpades
5th Oct 2010, 01:09
You're a Tuna.

Tunas are water pokemons and have defense against fire.

Damn it!

JoylessTuna
5th Oct 2010, 01:10
Man it pays to be stupid marine life.

NKD
5th Oct 2010, 01:12
You're a Tuna.

Tunas are water pokemons and have defense against fire.

Damn it!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/smogon_tiers_album/Overused/Gyarados.png

Gyarados, I choose you!

Blade_hunter
5th Oct 2010, 01:17
It's contextual, in fact you press a button to execute the attack, then a cutscene will show you the said attack, it uses energy and you are vulnerable during this moment
As for the takedowns in therms of usage they will be used combat or in a non combat route since we place to use close range attacks so assassinate / neutralize.

And as for the combat route, Ashpolt gave a good descriptive, enough that I have nothing to add about this point.

Dead-Eye
5th Oct 2010, 01:43
The last big question is the skill tree. Maybe there is still hope?

Shralla
5th Oct 2010, 01:57
The last big question is the skill tree. Maybe there is still hope?

Skills were absorbed into the augmentations.

mad825
5th Oct 2010, 02:01
Gears of War: a game where you take cover and fend off wave, after wave of baddies with heavy weapons.

Human Revolution: A game that can be played entirely with stealth, where you can avoid killing anybody save the bosses.

How is it a "bland cover shooter"?

Also, there are no scripted melee attacks. You're a liar, and a fiend.

it seems like you've gone into the future and have played while also completed the game.

they have said this but none of it can be confirmed first hand.

it seems like a figure of speech.

Facebyface
5th Oct 2010, 02:04
Wow, i make a comment about the game and it turns into a flame war.

You were the one to start the insults sir. You insulted a user. I'm not faulting you for having misconceptions about the game.

Dead-Eye
5th Oct 2010, 02:29
Skills were absorbed into the augmentations.

I remember them saying that you buy augmentations but that you also get skill points to spend on augmentation related skills. So Jenson's arms and eyes could have several hundred skill trees, seeing as you start with them, and you never need to buy more augmentations if you want to go the Luddite route.

But if you go the Trans-humanest rout and buy more Augs you can get leg boosters, head gear and eventually just turn you're self into a killing machine through money. Each with it's one set of skill trees.

But that's hoping there is more RPG gameplay to this game then Mass Effect 2.

Romeo
5th Oct 2010, 02:32
I am hoping there's more to this game than ME2 as well brother. Fingers crossed...

Anyways, there's already not one, but TWO threads pertaining to the cover system, please continue this discussion there.

LOCKDOWN.