PDA

View Full Version : Angry at the bugs! :-(

alodude
3rd Oct 2010, 20:34
GoL freezes periodically when I go into my inventory. The screen will all turn light blue, then I have to quit via desktop.

This was particularly annoying today when it froze right after I opened the forgotten gate. Since there is no 'save' system, I have to do the whole level again. What a drag :P

btw: my video drivers are up to date. Please fix this and release a patch

Denis..
4th Oct 2010, 01:58
glitches on every platform! congratulations eidos!

kiss-bite
4th Oct 2010, 08:35
I am frustrated with GOL right now, I was loving the game until it started crashing my PS3 every time I tried to view the leaderboard. I've tested other online games I have to see if it were a connection issue, they all worked fine. It's quite sad as I have stopped playing GOL, if it can't even read my score progress, because of it crashing, there's no desire to improve. :mad:

It's very strange & difficult to work out a solution as I still can't pinpoint the actual problem. It would seem that hardly anybody else has this issue which is worrying, there'll be no interest in fixing something that effects only a few. All I can do is wait & see if the annoying problem corrects itself.

The leaderboard worked completely fine & then it suddenly changed... what occurred to cause a problem that wasn't there before?:confused: I feel annoyed & saddened as I was getting much fun out of GOL & now it feels I can't continue with it.. oh well. I shall just keep checking in the hope that it goes away. :(

BlueSkiesXXV
4th Oct 2010, 09:43
Sorry to hear this new guys. Let’s hope they patch it up soon. It also would not hurt for someone from Eidos to comment on all the problems.

The PS3 trophies not working reliably, freezes & R1\R2 being wrong (i.e. swapped) for me, forced me to buy the 360 version.

You can tell that the 360 was the lead platform as it does appear rather polished. Saying that, there are still little bugs. For example, I assign the pistols to the lower D-Pad slot, but sometimes when I start a new game, that slot is empty. My guess is that they assumed that players will always leave the pistols in the original right D-Pad slot.

I plugged in a second controller to see how the first level looks running in co-op mode & the game is improved dramatically. They need to get the online support finished before all interest is lost in this title. I have a decent size friends list & my name is the only one that appears in the leaderboards from my group! I want to recommend LCGoL by suggesting some online co-op, but cannot. BTW, by just starting the game in local co-op mode awards an Achievement. So, it is really easy to get all of the co-op cheevos by yourself, if you are that way inclined.

[EDIT] At the time of writing, the 360 global leaderboard for completing the first level has only 69,714 entries. Oh dear!

Pyrofer
4th Oct 2010, 10:39
I took this while playing the game, so funny.
http://www.pyrofersprojects.com/images/lara.jpg

Not only did she hang there as long as I wanted, but I could climb along left and right as if the ledge was still there.

Denis..
4th Oct 2010, 13:50
I am frustrated with GOL right now, I was loving the game until it started crashing my PS3 every time I tried to view the leaderboard. I've tested other online games I have to see if it were a connection issue, they all worked fine. It's quite sad as I have stopped playing GOL, if it can't even read my score progress, because of it crashing, there's no desire to improve. :mad:

It's very strange & difficult to work out a solution as I still can't pinpoint the actual problem. It would seem that hardly anybody else has this issue which is worrying, there'll be no interest in fixing something that effects only a few. All I can do is wait & see if the annoying problem corrects itself.

The leaderboard worked completely fine & then it suddenly changed... what occurred to cause a problem that wasn't there before?:confused: I feel annoyed & saddened as I was getting much fun out of GOL & now it feels I can't continue with it.. oh well. I shall just keep checking in the hope that it goes away. :(

i told you at the ps3 my friend? the patch will only gave us the ability to play online..no fixing on anything! eidos doesn't care as other companies do (naughty dog released a patch a week after uc2 released for fixing some online glitches, rockstar games released for rdr a patch on it's release date for trophy support and some connection problems)
eidos never patched tr underworld for it's countless glitches..only gave us the trophies and that 5 months after underworld released..

bedazzled
4th Oct 2010, 15:15
eidos doesn't care as other companies do

That seems to be very true

chriss_99
4th Oct 2010, 16:08
You need to remember that Underworld engine, which was used for this game, was not flawless. I, personally, haven't experienced any major bugs during my playthrough.
CD is currently busy with the online patch, but I'm sure they will release some fix for the problems. Be patient guys! Eidos may not care about us, but CD does! ;)

Hoodedclaw
4th Oct 2010, 16:12
everything was working fine then i noticed i dont have trophies so i thought every1 was the same but then i looked on peoples profiles and it showed u the latest trophieas that they had earned and all of them were GOL???

Denis..
4th Oct 2010, 16:38
everything was working fine then i noticed i dont have trophies so i thought every1 was the same but then i looked on peoples profiles and it showed u the latest trophieas that they had earned and all of them were GOL???

wow this glitch is quite famous! solution: delete your save file and the game..then go download the demo and when download completes install it..then go back to ps store and download the full game unlock then go start the game and the trophies should installed normally

Pulse
5th Oct 2010, 01:07
When a company releases a patch, doesn't it usually fix the errors. So, if your game is overly glitchy ( I never ran into any, fortunately) hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I think CD actually does care about us, even if Eidos doesn't.

kiss-bite
5th Oct 2010, 10:41
They don't care about us... but they do care about our money...

I didn't & still don't encounter any of the glitches that other players have reported. I have all the trophies & I've really had a lot of fun & enjoyment out of GOL. All was working fine until last weekend, when the leaderboard page started crashing my PS3.

So... sadly I feel I have to give up on GOL now... there is no longer any incentive to get better scores as I can't ever look at the leaderboard. It's a real shame because I could have & would have played the game so much more... I'm actually impressed with the game but this one rather annoying glitch I'm experiencing is kind of killing off the love.. :(

I hope that this strange bug will magically disappear just as it magically appeared!?

BlueSkiesXXV
5th Oct 2010, 11:12
kiss-bite, try setting up a secondary user and see if it works correctly with that one.
If it does work, then there may well be an issue with your save file.

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 04:26
agreed with u for 1st time blue skies

Ants_27_
6th Oct 2010, 08:29
You need to remember that Underworld engine, which was used for this game, was not flawless. I, personally, haven't experienced any major bugs during my playthrough.
CD is currently busy with the online patch, but I'm sure they will release some fix for the problems. Be patient guys! Eidos may not care about us, but CD does! ;)

Thats the problem, some developers are becoming incredibly lazy. You shouldn't have to wait patiently really, the game should be released to the highest quality they can possibly make it. Its only an arcade game as many point out.:)

Like if you look at the big hitters in the PS3 market (my list), Heavy Rain Uncharted 2, MGS 4, Resident Evil 5. You don't really come across that many glitches and everything just feels well done, and they are all far more technical than TR ever has been. The glitches you do come across are fixed relatively quickly but a lot of the time they are only major bugs for the odd few people.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the way I see it.;)

Denis..
6th Oct 2010, 22:16
you are so right ants but most of them here got only the xbox so they don't have the chance to play great games like uncharted and heavy rain to know how a great game should be so they think that underworld is ok..

Pyrofer
7th Oct 2010, 10:27
The Uncharted demo never worked on my PS3, so I didnt buy the game ( I would have otherwise! )
Sony were no help, I didnt dare buy the game for fear it wouldnt work either.

Maybe I will pick it up cheap now and give it a try.

kiss-bite
7th Oct 2010, 13:58
I'm giving up on GOL... deleting it from my PS3. I've tried re-installing the game.. no luck, I even deleted my 100% completed save. I sacrificed the save, in case it was corrupt, which had co-op & single player completed... plus every weapon & relic/artefact unlocked for both Totec & Lara, in the hope it would start a fresh. However, after I had deleted the save & game, to re-install, it still crashes every time I look at the leaderboard!? :confused: It was much fun whilst it lasted.. but a very short lived thrill ride.

My only chance now... is to re-format the actual hard-drive, but I fear that big hassle will have no result either. It's a shame because I was having so much fun... I was truly impressed but My experience with a Crystal-D Tomb Raider always has the same path... a big high followed by an even bigger low. :(

chriss_99
7th Oct 2010, 14:37
Kiss-Bite, I'm really sorry for what happened to you but how can give up on a game just because of leaderboards? Who cares about leaderboards!? I've entered the leaderboards twice during my whole playthrough with the game.
I really can't understand why people care about them so much. Oh, well.

kiss-bite
7th Oct 2010, 14:42
I've got everything out of single-player & co-op mode... I unlocked everything & have achieved all trophies.. played the levels over & over again. The one thing that was driving me to want to play more was beating my own score & leaderboard rank, don't forget the leaderboard is a new thing to the series & is designed to be a replay encourager. ;)

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 05:52
no kiss..don't do anything on your system just because of a crappy game! it's not your ps3 it's eidos and their unfinished games always the same story! don't touch anything on your ps3! wait for the update and then if nothing fixed then i will set up fire at eidos`s offices right next to you!

Pulse
8th Oct 2010, 16:28
I've got everything out of single-player & co-op mode... I unlocked everything & have achieved all trophies.. played the levels over & over again. The one thing that was driving me to want to play more was beating my own score & leaderboard rank, don't forget the leaderboard is a new thing to the series & is designed to be a replay encourager. ;)

I think you should wait just a little bit longer before deleting it. Just in case they release some cool DLC or patches and what not.

Denis..
8th Oct 2010, 17:34
as i said too pulse..w8 for the update..for how long? err