PDA

View Full Version : Eurogamer - Best Quality demo so far. It's nothing new but here it is...

sonicsidewinder
2nd Oct 2010, 15:32
Amature footage, but at least this time you can actually see whats going on (without tweaking your display). The sound is touch and go and it's nothing new but you can see it all here...

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/01/eurogamer-expo-2010-deus-ex-human-revolution-25-minutes-of-footage/

Pinky_Powers
2nd Oct 2010, 15:59
This was posted in the other EG thread. But you're right, it's probably the best so far... especially for the social half of the demo.

There are something like five different recordings of the E3 demo at PAX alone. Just do a YouTube search, and you'll find some decent quality footage with plenty of light to see what's going on.

spm1138
2nd Oct 2010, 16:08
Looks pretty good actually.

I'm now excited to play this.

JCpies
2nd Oct 2010, 16:41
It's probably some dude with a hat pretending to 'play' the previous gameplay footage.

SageSavage
2nd Oct 2010, 16:49
Some interesting new impressions (keypad etc) and overall it's nice enough but I still think the action sequence with the robot is really dumb:
1) the robot breaks through the roof and hits Adam with several bullets from his turret guns but it has no effect on him. WTH?
2) Adam takes cover behind some crates and the robot continues shooting his turret gun at it and launches an salvo of missiles in that direction -> they hit the crates but none of that seems to have any effect whatsoever on them, they are unbreakable.
3) Adam swings from cover to cover while the robot keeps shooting at him. There's a special type of wooden crates that gets shot to pieces when it's hit by bullets, none of them seems necessary for maintaining the cover because they are just put on top of the unbreakable ones, for added dramatic effect.
4) Adam gets hit again, again without any noticable effect (except maybe a little grunt). Then he spots a rocket launcher that someone conveniently forgot on the floor in that storage. Now that is what gets me every time. It is so oldschool-arcady that it is able to singlehandedly destroy the faith in the entire game for me.

Ashbery76
2nd Oct 2010, 16:58
The game demo had buffed health,doh.

azarhal
2nd Oct 2010, 17:03
The Adam in the demo is in god mode: infinite bullets, infinite energy, infinite health.

KSingh77
2nd Oct 2010, 17:06
I thought it was cool how one of the gaurds called for back up and a chopper drops the boxguard through the roof.

Maybe if stealth was used all the way and all the guards dead without raising the alarm,there would be no robot fight.

How about starting a fire fight in the beginning of the level?Maybe one of the guards can call in a boxguard to be dropped off outside the warehouse.

SageSavage
Like I said: what really gets me is the rocket launcher. Sure, its possible that it's been put there only for the demo but I doubt that and what is the point of a demo, if it doesn't represent the actual game design virtues.

Bluey71
launches an salvo of missiles in that direction -> they hit the crates but have none of that seems to have any effect whatsoever on them, they are unbreakable.

Wow, did the crates have buffed health too?

Oh no silly me, they are a part of the cover system - cant have that breaking can we, what would we do!? :eek:

KSingh77
2nd Oct 2010, 17:23
Nope

They can only break by the swing of a crowbar.

Corpus
2nd Oct 2010, 17:26
Some interesting new impressions (keypad etc) and overall it's nice enough but I still think the action sequence with the robot is really dumb:
1) the robot breaks through the roof and hits Adam with several bullets from his turret guns but it has no effect on him. WTH?
God mode
2) Adam takes cover behind some crates and the robot continues shooting his turret gun at it and launches an salvo of missiles in that direction -> they hit the crates but none of that seems to have any effect whatsoever on them, they are unbreakable.
This is valid, theres no real excuse for this except the crates are strengthened because they are carrying high value stuff, even then they should be blown about
3) Adam swings from cover to cover while the robot keeps shooting at him. There's a special type of wooden crates that gets shot to pieces when it's hit by bullets, none of them seems necessary for maintaining the cover because they are just put on top of the unbreakable ones, for added dramatic effect.
Better than having 3 hip-high walls I guess, but like I said it would be better if they made them at least moveable
4) Adam gets hit again, again without any noticable effect (except maybe a little grunt). Then he spots a rocket launcher that someone conveniently forgot on the floor in that storage.
Its a presentation demo, they do this all the time Now that is what gets me every time. It is so oldschool-arcady that it is able to singlehandedly destroy the faith in the entire game for me. DX wasn't realistic

EM need throw out some new footage soon of a build closer to the current one. Don't be all "this game sucks" purely from one piece of pre-alpha footage.

Pinky_Powers
2nd Oct 2010, 17:29
-=fox=-, I'm with you on the boxes thing; it's really weird that only the wooden crates can blow up, but all the cardboard just absorbs bullets and explosions.

All of your other complaints are just ridiculous though... and some are lies.
Firstly, he has GodMode on. You know he has GodMode on. How is it you don't understand what this means?

Adam gets hit again, again without any noticable effect (except maybe a little grunt).
He has GodMode on. And even with GodMode on, the screen goes Red when bullets hit him. This is more than a grunt.

Now, the whole idea of showing the audience Adam struggling with the Boxguard was to illustrate that you need the right weapon for the right job. So he's rolling around, getting shot up, and not doing so well. But then he finds the rocket launcher, and takes the machine out.
It's basically a demonstration of what NOT to do. They even tell you ammo is something you'll need to manage in the game. So going at it with the assault riffle with GodMode and unlimited ammo, and STILL not making much headway, is a very helpful stage in the demonstration.

Also, I'd like to point out how fast those miniguns fire, and how startlingly quick the screen flashed Red. Without GodMode, he would have died half a dozen times by the end.

PillsAgainstOrders
2nd Oct 2010, 17:29
I hope that bot is MUCH harder ingame...umm..anyone know how advanced the A.I is suppossed to be in this game? The npcs seemed to just pick-a-boo and work individually without any signs of teamwork. Perhaps Im just expecting too much...

Could need some quick melee attack button. Busting thru small obstacles and windows with gunfire is a bit...meh..well it works sometimes.

spm1138
2nd Oct 2010, 17:33
It's not uncommon to turn on h4x in these stage demos.

Pinky_Powers
2nd Oct 2010, 17:36
I thought it was cool how one of the gaurds called for back up and a chopper drops the boxguard through the roof.

Maybe if stealth was used all the way and all the guards dead without raising the alarm,there would be no robot fight.

How about starting a fire fight in the beginning of the level?Maybe one of the guards can call in a boxguard to be dropped off outside the warehouse.

The answer to your first question is Yes. If you watch the PAX footage, Mary makes mention that if Adam had stayed stealthy the whole way, the Boxguard would not have been called in at all.

As for your second musing... there is reason to believe the Boxguard could show up earlier, as it is seen in this photo, which is taken at far right of the docks, before the warehouse.
You can actually see this location outside the window of the shed where Adam picks up the explosives.

http://dxhr.nanoaugur.net/dx3-screenshot2.jpg

Corpus
2nd Oct 2010, 17:38
As for your second musing... there is reason to believe the Boxguard could show up earlier, as it is seen in this photo, which is taken at far right of the docks, before the warehouse.
You can actually see this location outside the window of the shed where Adam picks up the explosives.

Realized that while watching the EG video. Loving all the possible outcomes :)

Pinky_Powers
2nd Oct 2010, 17:44
I hope that bot is MUCH harder ingame...umm..anyone know how advanced the A.I is suppossed to be in this game? The npcs seemed to just pick-a-boo and work individually without any signs of teamwork. Perhaps Im just expecting too much...

You must remember that a good number of them died in the Claymore blast. So any of the Leaders were most likely dead before a single shot was fired. But even in the chaos, someone did have the presence of mind to throw a flashbang.

One of these sorry souls could have been the leader.

http://dxhr.nanoaugur.net/dx3-screenshot18.jpg

Kodaemon
2nd Oct 2010, 17:44

http://dxhr.nanoaugur.net/dx3-screenshot2.jpg

I wouldn't read too much into that particular shot. It's the most obviously posed and photoshopped of all the promo shots so far.

SageSavage
2nd Oct 2010, 17:57
All of your other complaints are just ridiculous though... and some are lies.
Firstly, he has GodMode on. You know he has GodMode on. How is it you don't understand what this means?

He has GodMode on. And even with GodMode on, the screen goes Red when bullets hit him. This is more than a grunt.
Yeah, yeah... he has god mode on and yeah the screen goes redish, I get it, point taken! Now, after all the dreaded health regen-debates from the past, wouldn't it be time to show us how the real game works in that regard?

Now, the whole idea of showing the audience Adam struggling with the Boxguard was to illustrate that you need the right weapon for the right job. So he's rolling around, getting shot up, and not doing so well. But then he finds the rocket launcher, and takes the machine out.
It's basically a demonstration of what NOT to do. They even tell you ammo is something you'll need to manage in the game. So going at it with the assault riffle with GodMode and unlimited ammo, and STILL not making much headway, is a very helpful stage in the demonstration.First of all they say that it's supposed to be a chunk from the real game and not a demo that was created just for the sake of a presentation.
Finding a rocket launcher and a box of ammo next to it in the middle of a gunfight is just plain dumb, no matter how you look at it. If you want to show how to do it and how not to do it you better make that clear instead of resorting to mindnumbing arcade game cliches.

Also, I'd like to point out how fast those miniguns fire, and how startlingly quick the screen flashed Red. Without GodMode, he would have died half a dozen times by the end.
What makes you so sure about that?

Coyotegrey
2nd Oct 2010, 17:57

Yep. Mary made a point to say this during our PAX demonstrations. :)

Edit: Doh. Pinky beat me to it. Nice work.

Facebyface
2nd Oct 2010, 18:01
First of all they say that it's supposed to be a chunk from the real game and not a demo that was created just for the sake of a presentation.
Finding a rocket launcher and a box of ammo next to it in the middle of a gunfight is just plain dumb, no matter how you look at it. If you want to show how to do it and how not to do it you better make that clear instead of resorting to mindnumbing arcade game cliches.

You seem to be neglegant to what a demo is supposed to do. Show you an early build of the game, whether it be from the final product or not, and show why your game is awesome. The demos for Half-Life had nothing to do with the final product and they were far more action oriented then the first hour or two of the game.

Pinky_Powers
2nd Oct 2010, 18:07
I wouldn't read too much into that particular shot. It's the most obviously posed and photoshopped of all the promo shots so far.

I agree, it looks very, very posed. But we've been sworn to (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1495813&postcount=295) that no shot has been touched up in post. So unless we have evidence to the contrary, it's just profound petulance to call them liars.

Yeah, yeah... he has god mode on and yeah the screen goes redish, I get it, point taken! Now, after all the dreaded health regen-debates from the past, wouldn't it be time to show us how the real game works in that regard?
First of all they say that it's supposed to be a chunk from the real game and not a demo that was created just for the sake of a presentation.

I agree with everything you said.

...except for this notion that EM promised us the E3 demo is 100% unaltered, final game. I can remember no such promise, or even suggestion, from anybody at Eidos Montréal.

All I can remember them saying is that the demo takes place 6 hours into the game. And that it is a pre-alpha build. It's possible that it's unaltered, but based on what we've been told, there's just as much room to believe it is set up for some showy clichés.

SageSavage
2nd Oct 2010, 18:12
You seem to be neglegant to what a demo is supposed to do. Show you an early build of the game, whether it be from the final product or not, and show why your game is awesome. The demos for Half-Life had nothing to do with the final product and they were far more action oriented then the first hour or two of the game.

So, why not make a demo full of barely clothed people with augmented breasts, big guns and lots of explosions then? If that is the idea of a demo, then I am indeed neglegant of it but fortunately that's not the case and EM actually succeeded in other parts of their demo.

Facebyface
2nd Oct 2010, 18:25
So, why not make a demo full of barely clothed people with augmented breasts, big guns and lots of explosions then? If that is the idea of a demo, then I am indeed neglegant of it but fortunately that's not the case and EM actually succeeded in other parts of their demo.

Okay, I over exaggerated a bit. It has to fit in the tone of the actual game, you can't lie to people, but it doesn't have to be an actual sequence. Trailers do this all the time even if they are indeed what you will see in game. The highlights of what the game is trying to advocate will be prominently shown to the fullest. Besides, not all of use just like explosions and stuff. I am a personal fan of tense battles instead of just S-M-UPS.

KSingh77
2nd Oct 2010, 19:25
Seems there was other weapons in the pop up inventory,like that TMP-18.

Also along with a some grenades,why not use that during the fire fight?

Kodaemon
2nd Oct 2010, 19:35
Maybe because it's a rehearsed demo?

sonicsidewinder
2nd Oct 2010, 20:11
Seems there was other weapons in the pop up inventory,like that TMP-18.

Also along with a some grenades,why not use that during the fire fight?

This. There were actually some points of the demo i thought, 'Wait..they might actually be doing something different."

(the section during the warehouse fight, he got pretty close to an enemy - thought he might have used a takedown)

Ahh well. Less spoil, more suprise aint a bad thing.

NKD
2nd Oct 2010, 20:23
This. There were actually some points of the demo i thought, 'Wait..they might actually be doing something different."

(the section during the warehouse fight, he got pretty close to an enemy - thought he might have used a takedown)

Ahh well. Less spoil, more suprise aint a bad thing.

I like the fact that we can sit here speculating about what they could have done differently. Most games don't even leave you wondering. There's only one way you can do anything, it's just a matter of what weapons you use to kill everyone.

Multi-path gameplay is so far superior to linear crap. I understand it makes level design harder, but I wish more games would do it.

Dead-Eye
2nd Oct 2010, 20:55
The head shrinkage problem is more apparent in this video. Now that I see it I can't unsee it.

They really need to show a version of the demo where they do everything differently. Like sneak into The Hive, successfully get Tong to trust you and just shoot you're way into the warehouse. They keep on telling us it's a Deus Ex game yet the Demo is always the same in all 3 versions we have seen thus far.

Edit: although the part where Johnathan walks accross the screen was hilarious. I thought we was actually in the game.

Facebyface
2nd Oct 2010, 21:13
Multi-path gameplay is so far superior to linear crap.

Oh thank you. I've been waiting for an excuse to argue this.

There is nothing wrong with linear gameplay. It may not be exactly as immersive as multi-path gameplay, but the level design is far tighter and thus you can clearly drive a story set for the player. Giving lots of options is good at times, but when you've got too many options it becomes rather difficult to actually keep track of what you've been doing. Deus Ex, I feel, did a good job in giving a truly open world that didn't seem confusing but it's not my favorite game ever. It was well designed, but I didn't have nearly as much fun as I did playing Half-Life 2, which has a great story that adding choices to would seem a bit ludicrous in the grand scale of things.

Do not bash linear games just because you feel like the majority of them are lacking. There are great experiences to be had with linear adventures and some stories would seem out of context if they gave you ten options at every pass. Linear gamepaly is not "crap", it is just a separate way of telling a story.

Kodaemon
2nd Oct 2010, 21:15
Half-Life 2, which has a great story

:lmao:

pringlepower
2nd Oct 2010, 21:20

:thumb:

Kodaemon
2nd Oct 2010, 21:24
Any semblance of a story Half-Life 2 has ends when you get teleported out of Kleiner's lab. From that point on, it's a long string of set pieces barely held together with duct tape.

The game has a fantastic setting, atmosphere and backstory, but actual plot is pretty much nonexistent.

NKD
2nd Oct 2010, 21:40
Oh thank you. I've been waiting for an excuse to argue this.

There is nothing wrong with linear gameplay. It may not be exactly as immersive as multi-path gameplay, but the level design is far tighter and thus you can clearly drive a story set for the player. Giving lots of options is good at times, but when you've got too many options it becomes rather difficult to actually keep track of what you've been doing. Deus Ex, I feel, did a good job in giving a truly open world that didn't seem confusing but it's not my favorite game ever. It was well designed, but I didn't have nearly as much fun as I did playing Half-Life 2, which has a great story that adding choices to would seem a bit ludicrous in the grand scale of things.

Do not bash linear games just because you feel like the majority of them are lacking. There are great experiences to be had with linear adventures and some stories would seem out of context if they gave you ten options at every pass. Linear gamepaly is not "crap", it is just a separate way of telling a story.

I'm referring to multiple paths to complete an objective, not in terms of pure story progression. For example, Mass Effect lets you make a handful of game-altering story choices, but the story is complicated by the fact that you can go to various planets and missions in any order. But most missions only have one way to complete them, with the occasional conversation option to give you an out. But a game like Deus Ex, or presumably DXHR, the story progresses in a linear fashion. You go from New York, to Hong Kong, and so on, but each mission has multiple ways to complete an objective. That doesn't complicate the story nearly as much.

Deus Ex gave a lot of ways to complete a mission, but in the end the same thing happened. No matter how you take down the generator, you're still hopping in Jock's Helicopter and heading home, mission accomplished. There are a few times when you effect something later on, but in the end, you're still going the same places to complete the same objectives.

I agree that a linear game offers a clearer story path, but I think that the Deus Ex approach of a linear progression of events with broad latitude for how you trigger that progression provides more choice without significantly compromising the ability to tell a story.

Essentially it comes down to the difference between offering gameplay choice, and offering story choice. If you focus on the former, you can improve the game without making the story seem disjointed and schizophrenic.

IOOI
2nd Oct 2010, 21:41
Wouldn't it be correct to say that HL2 has a good *plot* but fails at telling a *story* (as there is no conclusion)!? :scratch:

pringlepower
2nd Oct 2010, 21:45
Wouldn't it be correct to say that HL2 has a good *plot* but fails at telling a *story* (as there is no conclusion)!? :scratch:

I think Valve is finally working on the damn thing.

NKD
2nd Oct 2010, 21:47

I wouldn't put HL2 high on my "story" rankings. It has a rich setting to pull from, but that's almost entirely wasted by the silent protagonist shtick. I'd love to see a more Deus Ex styled game in the HL2 world. That would be epic.

KSingh77
2nd Oct 2010, 21:49
I would have liked to see a lethal takedown on that Hive bouncer,see how it is with Adam's coat on.

Facebyface
2nd Oct 2010, 22:13
I'm referring to multiple paths to complete an objective, not in terms of pure story progression. For example, Mass Effect lets you make a handful of game-altering story choices, but the story is complicated by the fact that you can go to various planets and missions in any order. But most missions only have one way to complete them, with the occasional conversation option to give you an out. But a game like Deus Ex, or presumably DXHR, the story progresses in a linear fashion. You go from New York, to Hong Kong, and so on, but each mission has multiple ways to complete an objective. That doesn't complicate the story nearly as much.

Deus Ex gave a lot of ways to complete a mission, but in the end the same thing happened. No matter how you take down the generator, you're still hopping in Jock's Helicopter and heading home, mission accomplished. There are a few times when you effect something later on, but in the end, you're still going the same places to complete the same objectives.

I agree that a linear game offers a clearer story path, but I think that the Deus Ex approach of a linear progression of events with broad latitude for how you trigger that progression provides more choice without significantly compromising the ability to tell a story.
But you see, Deus Ex truly is a non-linear experience in that who you kill will effect exactly what goes on later in th game. I understand what you mean by saying the many ways to get to an objective, but some games need to be cathartic in that you can Rambo your way through something. That should always be an option. Also, you seemed to of skipped what I said about tight level design. Even though the options to get somewhere are good, it also distracts you from a lot of things. In the new world of Scripted Sequence gameplay, there will be stuff happening when you head in that direction. If you say, take the vents around the scene, you may not see it. Also chokepoints are harder to justify and define.

No, it would not be.

IOOI
2nd Oct 2010, 22:28
I'd love to see a more Deus Ex styled game in the HL2 world. That would be epic.

Yes, me too. :D
But don't go say that on SPUF... :whistle:

No, it would not be.
So it's the other way around? :scratch:

I'm gonna read some more.

PillsAgainstOrders
2nd Oct 2010, 22:34
Wouldn't it be correct to say that HL2 has a good *plot* but fails at telling a *story* (as there is no conclusion)!? :scratch:Lets just say that the story looks promising....as it is being told in a valve time-continuum.

Pinky_Powers
3rd Oct 2010, 01:25
But you see, Deus Ex truly is a non-linear experience in that who you kill will effect exactly what goes on later in th game.

Name one character, who can be killed or not killed, that makes a real difference in the story.

Pinky_Powers
3rd Oct 2010, 01:27

I've always felt Valve was immensely talented in telling their story. They just do it in a very unconventional way.

Facebyface
3rd Oct 2010, 01:27
Name one character, who can be killed or not killed, that makes a real difference in the story.

Paul and Gunther. I think the fact that the entire resistance talks about Paul after he's dead is effecting the story. With Gunther, the fact that you face him gives a tonal benefit to the story. Yeah, it doesn't effect the places you travel to but it effects the game.

Also the engineer that put a bomb in your helicopter.

Ashbery76
3rd Oct 2010, 01:29
Any semblance of a story Half-Life 2 has ends when you get teleported out of Kleiner's lab. From that point on, it's a long string of set pieces barely held together with duct tape.

The game has a fantastic setting, atmosphere and backstory, but actual plot is pretty much nonexistent.

This.

OwlSolar
3rd Oct 2010, 01:29
Name one character, who can be killed or not killed, that makes a real difference in the story. Hey, it makes a difference to me if Paul dies. :mad:
It doesn't really affect the story, but whether characters live or die usually impacts the player quite a bit.

...Wait, what was the discussion about? :confused:

Pinky_Powers
3rd Oct 2010, 01:36
Paul and Gunther. I think the fact that the entire resistance talks about Paul after he's dead is effecting the story. With Gunther, the fact that you face him gives a tonal benefit to the story. Yeah, it doesn't effect the places you travel to but it effects the game.

Also the engineer that put a bomb in your helicopter.

I'm afraid none of this alters the linearity of the story one bit. I never asked you to name a character that affects the game. Of course saving Paul affects the game, and it affects the player as well. At least it did me. But it does not offer up new missions or locations or divert the story.

Even Jock's death has no affect on the linearity. It would, if it meant you needed to find alternative transportation afterword. But since it happens at the end of the game, there is not a single thing you are forced to do differently.

Pinky_Powers
3rd Oct 2010, 01:39
Hey, it makes a difference to me if Paul dies. :mad:

Yeah, this was never a discussion about the choices in Deus Ex meaning nothing to the player. I've always been impacted quite heavily by these things.

Shralla
3rd Oct 2010, 01:51
In Half-Life 2, the setting and people you meet ARE the story.

OwlSolar
3rd Oct 2010, 01:57
Yeah, this was never a discussion about the choices in Deus Ex meaning nothing to the player. I've always been impacted quite heavily by these things.

Well like I said, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Rindill the Red
4th Oct 2010, 05:36
I'm wondering why the cockpit is open at the beginning of the level and you start in Adam's first person looking into it. Does he... does he ride in the cockpit with her... where does he sit?

Rindill the Red
4th Oct 2010, 05:53
Does the game have a "pull up" mechanic for ledges, or will you have to completely clear jumps?

NKD
4th Oct 2010, 12:11
I'm wondering why the cockpit is open at the beginning of the level and you start in Adam's first person looking into it. Does he... does he ride in the cockpit with her... where does he sit?

Probably sits in the back. I doubt he sits in her lap.

Does the game have a "pull up" mechanic for ledges, or will you have to completely clear jumps?

That's a good question. Dangling off a ledge would make for some interesting stealth possibilities too.

Mindmute
4th Oct 2010, 13:37

Would help explain her leg-gear: Cushioned butt-warmers for Adam's comfort.

Pinky_Powers
4th Oct 2010, 17:06

You shut your goddamn mouth! In "my game", he always sits in her lap.

SageSavage
4th Oct 2010, 17:36
Whoa there... hold your horses, Pinky!

IOOI
4th Oct 2010, 18:04
^ Pinky has a greencard. Nothing can stop him! :eek:

HL2 is all about the Chronicles of Freeman. So can we call it that?

NKD
4th Oct 2010, 20:23
You shut your goddamn mouth! In "my game", he always sits in her lap.

No! No! No! That's NOT what happens. Adam chooses to snub Malik and sits in the back with the AI news reporter girl.

Pinky_Powers
4th Oct 2010, 20:42
No! No! No! That's NOT what happens. Adam chooses to snub Malik and sits in the back with the AI news reporter girl.

But maybe on the weekends Malik joins in for some transhumanistic, cross-platform shagging?

Freddo
4th Oct 2010, 20:50
I like what I see in those 25 minutes :)

As for HL2, it's one of my biggest gaming disappointments of the decade, it ruined a lot of things I liked in the original HL, just like Invisible War did with Deus Ex, very dull game.

sonicsidewinder
4th Oct 2010, 22:26
As for HL2, it's one of my biggest gaming disappointments of the decade

Holy Moley! :eek:

Dead-Eye
4th Oct 2010, 23:09

lol, Bob Page?

That was the best thing that came out of Invisible War.

pringlepower
4th Oct 2010, 23:34
I like what I see in those 25 minutes :)

As for HL2, it's one of my biggest gaming disappointments of the decade, it ruined a lot of things I liked in the original HL, just like Invisible War did with Deus Ex, very dull game.

The lack of casserole jokes infuriated me to no end, and completely ruined the game for me.

Episode 2 was a godsend though. They brought back the casserole.

Deus_Ex_Machina
4th Oct 2010, 23:45

u noe sumthing? haff lief 2 iz a pretty kul gui. eh ripz off George Orwell's 1984 and duznt afriad of teh owtdayted source enjun.

pringlepower
4th Oct 2010, 23:48
u noe sumthing? haff lief 2 iz a pretty kul gui. eh ripz off George Orwell's 1984 and duznt afriad of teh owtdayted source enjun.

Such deep analysis!

SageSavage
5th Oct 2010, 00:11
Found a typo: it's "engine" not "enjun".

Deus_Ex_Machina
5th Oct 2010, 00:40
Found a typo: it's "engine" not "enjun".

You are mistaken.

Everything is as it should be, in the language of 1337 5p34k.

Shralla
5th Oct 2010, 01:38
After all, "big brother" was invented by 1984, and anything that is even remotely similar is ripping it off.

pringlepower
5th Oct 2010, 02:21
I like how Half Life 2 sucks because it uses the outdated Source engine that it introduced.

Deus_Ex_Machina
5th Oct 2010, 03:09
I like how Half Life 2 sucks because it uses the outdated Source engine that it introduced.

Then you are up to speed, mah boi!

OwlSolar
5th Oct 2010, 03:11
lol, Bob Page?
That was part of the multiple ending thing, so I'm not sure it really counts. It's no more non-linear than, say, The Force Unleashed, for example.

avenging_teabag
5th Oct 2010, 07:29
But maybe on the weekends Malik joins in for some transhumanistic, cross-platform shagging?
Jesus Christ, Denton.

Irate_Iguana
5th Oct 2010, 09:10
After all, "big brother" was invented by 1984, and anything that is even remotely similar is ripping it off.

Big Brother in its current meaning was invented by George Orwell in 1948 when he wrote 1984. It is currently a very well known concept. So it is fair to say that anything that reminds you heavily of the novel would be ripping it off.

AxiomaticBadger
5th Oct 2010, 17:42
Everything is as it should be, in the language of 1337 5p34k.

7|-|475 |\|07 1337 5p34k! 1337 5p34k |-|45 |v|0r3 53v3|\|5!