PDA

View Full Version : LCGoL - Steam Update

chriss_99
28th Sep 2010, 18:20
I downloaded the demo from steam using the code from GameSpot. After playing the demo I bought and downloaded the full version of the game.
However, today, when I launched steam, a massive update for GoL (about 2,2 GB) started downloading in my library, as if it was a full version and not an update. :confused:
Has anyone who bought the game before the release using the GameSpot code has experienced similar update?

Thanks in advance for replies.

xdiesp
28th Sep 2010, 18:37
Steam is known to replace the whole game instead of just updating it with a patch. :(

chriss_99
28th Sep 2010, 19:22
Steam is known to replace the whole game instead of just updating it with a patch. :(

Oh, that seems very inconvenient :(
I'm kinda new in the whole world of digital download, so some things seem to be a bit confusing.

Katie_Fleming
28th Sep 2010, 19:45
Mine's doing the "update" as well, the download speed is horrible today. Ah, the joys of waiting for the game to be developed, released, downloaded, re-downloaded....:nut:

chriss_99
28th Sep 2010, 19:56
I found the answer on the other forum. Keir said it's a new build for the game to add some polish and remove some glitches. I wonder whether they improved the controls a bit?

GeorgeMaciver
28th Sep 2010, 21:55
Nice to see the game has been properly beta tested by Xbox players and fixed up before I download it :p

xdiesp
28th Sep 2010, 22:30
Does it add online multiplayer?

chriss_99
29th Sep 2010, 06:14
Does it add online multiplayer?

Unfortunately no. The online co-op and the DLC will be delayed for all platforms. We just need to be a little more patient. :)