PDA

View Full Version : Bug reporting

Pyrofer
27th Sep 2010, 10:25
Is there an official way to report bugs?

I have found plenty!

My favourite is when you are holding FIRE and change to a weapon that has run out, Lara starts making the shooting motion, but holds no gun and fires no bullets.

She stands there like a 10 year old in the playground going "Ratatatatatata!" with her fingers at the enemy.
Funny, but not entirely helpfull.

I also love the one where she fell inside a wall, the whole screen went blue and I couldn't do anything. Had to re-start the level to get out.

Oh, and the zombie Urns. I destroy them, get the items inside and a bit later notice they are back, but now dont exist. You can see them, walk through them and can't shoot them. They just look like they are there. Ghosts of Urns long since destroyed.

Ive lost track of little bugs in Enemy AI or movement where you fall through somethign you should stand on, or get stuck by something you shouldn't. Enemies standing in front of you doing absolutely nothing as you hurl hundreds of 'spears' into them etc.

Its a bit of a shame, apart from that I loved the game. BTW, its the PS3 version.

I would still recomend it however, Its great and a few little bugs shouldnt put people of playing such a great title.

Could do with more puzzling and being a bit longer. Any chance of user created level packs or extra level downloads etc?

Denis 100%
28th Sep 2010, 00:46
wow nice game eidos..another failure..i want my money back

BatmanIsHero
28th Sep 2010, 04:59
Maybe later on they will release a patch for it and it will fix all the problems.

Pyrofer
28th Sep 2010, 11:28
@Denis 100%,
While nobody loves bugs, please don't be too hard on them.

As customers we need to encourage risk taking, new ideas, originality and anything different to the current mass market cash ins.
You may ( I know you dont! :P) not like it, but if its a success they will be encouraged to try more new ideas and may hit one that you love.

I wish them every success in this game, afterall, if they fail they won't have the money to bring us the next Tomb Raider!

Denis..
28th Sep 2010, 13:36
yeah i agree but still..always glitches

adarocas
28th Sep 2010, 21:24
I've seen some of those mistakes, but on Xbox 360.
Although, as are young let it go .. so far have not forgotten a lever as a step in the Wii version XDD

Nemesis296
29th Sep 2010, 11:59
yeah i agree but still..always glitches

Humor me for a minute. Name one game that was released without a *single* glitch or bug.

Denis..
29th Sep 2010, 18:11
Humor me for a minute. Name one game that was released without a *single* glitch or bug.

idk if there is a game without any glitches at all..but all cd's tomb raiders so far are all glitchy raiders to me..no they were good games i agree but so many glitches? name me a game with more glitches than tomb raider underworld..

Nemesis296
29th Sep 2010, 20:37
idk if there is a game without any glitches at all..but all cd's tomb raiders so far are all glitchy raiders to me..no they were good games i agree but so many glitches? name me a game with more glitches than tomb raider underworld..

Funny, I didn't think Underworld was that glitchy at all. Maybe because I played on a console? PC games always have more glitches than console games anyways, that's because there are infinite combinations of computer specs that attempt to run the game. No amount of testing and running the game will ever prepare you for Subject 'X's computer which has blah blah blah. It just isn't possible to have something completely "bug free".

If I had to name a game that I found to be most-glitchy for me, I would have to say Crysis or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I managed to get both of those games to completely crash on me for the strangest reasons and it took me weeks to figure out how to complete Crysis without falling through the ship at the end. I never finished Chaos Theory because a bug kept freezing the game right near the end.

The definition of software should contain the word 'bugs', it's just how it is. I work for a software company and believe me, we put 100s of hours into testing our stuff until it is super polished and noone can find problems with it. As soon as it gets put into customer hands, they will find problems. That's just how it goes.

Hopefully you get lucky, and the bugs aren't 'game-breaking' (http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1123601p1.html) ones.

Denis..
29th Sep 2010, 21:47
Maybe I have no job at all but when you say tru hasnt gliches and you are working in a company..its just telling me how much u know about games..i played it on console too and I had many gliches in even on my 1st playthough!

Nemesis296
30th Sep 2010, 03:17
Maybe I have no job at all but when you say tru hasnt gliches and you are working in a company..its just telling me how much u know about games..i played it on console too and I had many gliches in even on my 1st playthough!

I'm not sure I understand the point you're making here. My point is that I know that games aren't perfect because I work for a software company. It is of course possible to play a game that "appears" to be bug free, while the next person runs into ALL sorts of problems. Take a gander at the PC section of the Arkham Asylum forums if you don't understand what I'm talking about. I was able to run that game flawlessly on my PC, while other people ended up uninstalling the game after being frustrated with futile attempts to get it running.

I know plenty about games, and trust me, I know more about games than a lot of people here simply because I can appreciate the fact that they aren't perfect. For the money, I'm only interested in the entertainment. That entertainment is not supposed to be perfect though so many people seem to expect that it would be. If you think a game is supposed to be perfect, then you really don't understand what a game company would have to go through before releasing a product. Their goal is to get it as "perfect as possible". Eidos wouldn't have a reputation with the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider series as one of the best in gaming if there were as many common-occurence problems as you think...

I think you may just have bad luck when it comes to gaming.