PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS Multibow Reload Cancel Fire

TendrilSavant
7th Apr 2014, 04:49
While watching some streams today, I saw a player firing the Hunter's multibow at ridiculous speeds. It looked like it had to do with reloading and canceling. Decided to test it out and see how easy it was to reproduce, it was quite easy.

If you quickly alternate between firing and reloading you won't experience the downtime that is associated with the multibow, it becomes fully automatic. I didn't try it out in combat so I don't know how effective or game breaking it is.

Petire
7th Apr 2014, 21:39
I attempted it on stream will try and find a good Video of it from my stream and post it here.

cmstache
7th Apr 2014, 23:48
It's been reported. It's difficult to do unless you set up your bindings for it, and get the rhythm down. I don't see the point though since it's a bug and should be fixed soon.

SiD_Green
10th Apr 2014, 09:27
This has gotten out of hand, far too many players abusing this. Please patch soon

Voradors
10th Apr 2014, 14:53
Yes, i am seeing this more and more often now. At first i didnt know what it was, but now that i know it is a glitch and just how easy it is to accomplish, this needs to be patched ASAP.

It really is pretty game breaking. The amount of damage the multibow puts out like this is absurd.

AlexFalkor
12th Apr 2014, 14:27
I wont say I was "the first" but I did come across this "revelation" about the multibow in one of my streams by sheer accident. I was shooting at a vampire and thought my clip was out (wasn't paying attention to it obviously :P) but as the vampire got closer I clicked while the reloading was just beginning and it did that rapid fire.

From my days playing GunZ : The First Duel I never really considered it a glitch/bug because of how in GunZ they had the same thing but the people behind the game were like "Eh it's okay in our book" and then it received its own name.

Voradors
14th Apr 2014, 14:12
From my days playing GunZ : The First Duel I never really considered it a glitch/bug because of how in GunZ they had the same thing but the people behind the game were like "Eh it's okay in our book" and then it received its own name.

I really dislike that type of logic. I have seen it before in other games.... if a glitch makes a weapon shoot faster than it normally should and put out way more damage than it was balanced around.......it is an issue. The extra damage that this glitch allows the multibow to put out is clearly overpowered.

Hopefully it is just fixed soon.

Psyonix_Corey
14th Apr 2014, 18:37
Got it, should be sorted in next update. Thanks for the thorough repro steps.

Voradors
14th Apr 2014, 18:43
Got it, should be sorted in next update. Thanks for the thorough repro steps.

Thanks!