PDA

View Full Version : SDK or tpp fix

demin
25th Sep 2010, 14:51
Camera ruined the game for me.

Is sdk will be released soon or fix to camera? I like traditional tpp style. This is just. . . ekhm archaic diablolike shamefull misunderstanding.
I dont like point and click, diablo, star craft, lineage etc 3/4 camera is totally push off for me.

But I do enjoy all of the tomb raiders; even buggy angel of darkness... it was atleast tpp.

If developers dont intend to fix it, please add a cheat for tpp camera with camera from underworld.

gosh, after crystal dynamics take over TR series i thought that TR will be fine... and then camera change, heh next tr willbe in 2d. Point and click. Like traditional puzzle. Or scrabble.

RoombelinaUK
25th Sep 2010, 15:45
Camera ruined the game for me.

Is sdk will be released soon or fix to camera? I like traditional tpp style. This is just. . . ekhm archaic diablolike shamefull misunderstanding.
I dont like point and click, diablo, star craft, lineage etc 3/4 camera is totally push off for me.

But I do enjoy all of the tomb raiders; even buggy angel of darkness... it was atleast tpp.

If developers dont intend to fix it, please add a cheat for tpp camera with camera from underworld.

gosh, after crystal dynamics take over TR series i thought that TR will be fine... and then camera change, heh next tr willbe in 2d. Point and click. Like traditional puzzle. Or scrabble.

Disliking a game for no other reason but it's camera is a bit foolish, sorry. Don't like the game? Don't buy it, it's that simple. And how many times should people point out that this is not a TR game, it's Lara Croft? I'm off to enjoy my LCGOL download...

demin
25th Sep 2010, 16:07
yeah maybe its foolish, but this is how I choose games I even enjoy Uru bc it was tpp.
This is the reason why gothic >> baldur's gate
now its tr1 > tr10

U can say its lara croft not tr. Whatever for me, if there is Lara this is tomb raider. Doesn't matter that is it a game, movie, comic book, cereal.

installing traod ^^

RoombelinaUK
25th Sep 2010, 16:12
yeah maybe its foolish, but this is how I choose games I even enjoy Uru bc it was tpp.
This is the reason why gothic >> baldur's gate
now its tr1 > tr10

U can say its lara croft not tr. Whatever for me, if there is Lara this is tomb raider. Doesn't matter that is it a game, movie, comic book, cereal.

You still don't get the point. This game isn't related in any way to Tomb Raider when it comes to Lara's background. For all we know, she might not even have a mansion in GOL XD someone (maybe CD) is currently developing TR9, and it's rumored to come out next year...

demin
25th Sep 2010, 17:31
you still don't get the point. Lara Croft = tomb raider. tomb raider = Lara Croft.

this game is nothing more than duke nukem manhattan project.
But this game could be good enough if camera were tpp. So I am asking ;]

RoombelinaUK
25th Sep 2010, 17:35
you still don't get the point. Lara Croft = tomb raider. tomb raider = Lara Croft.

this game is nothing more than duke nukem manhattan project.
But this game could be good enough if camera were tpp. So I am asking ;]

You know what? Forget I ever said anything! Having a conversation with you is like going in circles! :mad2:

demin
25th Sep 2010, 20:18
U always end in that way, if u keep argue with what people like or dislike.
check the alien swarm by valve. . . its not left4dead, But:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvAYCZfo_g

aussie500
26th Sep 2010, 11:37
U always end in that way, if u keep argue with what people like or dislike.
check the alien swarm by valve. . . its not left4dead, But:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvAYCZfo_g

Well if you wanted a Tomb Raider game, and do not like isometric cameras why did you play GOL expecting it to be the same as a Tomb Raider game? You better learn to carefully read the actual title on the box from now on to save being disappointed. GOL is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, not a Tomb Raider game, we were told by the developer it was not a Tomb Raider game, and Tomb Raider is not the title of the game. GOL is a download only arcade game, I doubt they will be changing the camera angle, the textures are too low res. If you do not like it do not buy it!

demin
26th Sep 2010, 12:29
I think I will like it in tpp view even if txture are low res. So i asking for sdk. Why are u trying to explain me what i like? Are u just so close minded ?

I just ask for sdk, fix or cheat. Not for chit chat. So please shut up and if u dont like this thread DONT ANSWER in it... eat your own advice as useless as it is.

Jason Miller
26th Sep 2010, 13:06
Are u just so close minded ?

*cough*... Look who's talking..

Pyrofer
27th Sep 2010, 10:43
The Whole point of GoL is its different. If they move the camera to make it more like traditional Tomb Raider it loses its own USP, its Not Tomb Raider.
Forget the name Lara Croft completely and imagine its made by somebody else, would you still buy it? would you still want the camera angle changed?
Its a different style of game, wanting it to be something its not is a bit silly.

Did you buy F1 games and complain there was no gun or puzzle solving?

I see your point about what you like etc, but a better option would be to look for games in the style you want and buy them rather than just buying any game and asking for it to be changed to fit your taste.

demin
27th Sep 2010, 13:48
pyrofer
The thing is that I am programmer myself. And I am able to change camera anyway to fit my high standards of what I like. With SDK it would take less time.

And if it would be with lara, i still would check engine type, and consider what can I do with it. Tweaking, adjusting is my thing :)

demin
27th Sep 2010, 13:49
pyrofer
The thing is that I am programmer myself. And I am able to change camera with or without SDK to fit my high standards of what I like. With SDK it would take less time.

And if it would be without lara, i still would check game engine type, and consider what can I do with it. Tweaking, adjusting is my thing :)

Pyrofer
27th Sep 2010, 14:10
Also, there maybe shortcuts taken in the graphics engine that wouldnt work with the camera in a different position.

I used a camera hack in an old PC isometric game to adjust it to how I liked it, and it went to hell sometimes and looked terrible.

You are of course free to write a camera hack for GoL if youre a programmer :) Just make sure to port it to PS3 too....

Fix some bugs while you are there?

Apart from the Camera angle, what did you think of the game, did you actualy play it much yet?

demin
27th Sep 2010, 19:25
Heh i dont even know where to start tweaking for consoles.
About whole tweak camera thing I am pretty sure that devs implemented code anyway. Even if it is buggy, it is still there. Lil', debug and will be playable. So first step is to unpack bigfile. And look what we have there.
Would be hell easier if they release sdk. This could help with adding custom maps too.

I played for a while, game is good, but far from what it should be. For now i am stuck before entering some crypt. Control system just repel me so I dont think about playing any more.

Pyrofer
27th Sep 2010, 19:58
The control system repels you?

Definitely playing the PC version!

Try a decent pad? Supported?

Maybe get a PS3 and try on that, I thought the controls were actually quite good.

The only thing that sucks was the fact you cant shoot and dodge at the same time.

I would LOVE custom map, level editor stuff. Maybe have a site for uploading them, and then give out the best as DLC for console owners :)

xdiesp
27th Sep 2010, 20:58
I understand if you prefer the classic TR camera to this, but I'm afraid in these situations the game world isn't finished enough to support other camera views. People tried it with Alien Swarm and the sky was retina-burning white.

demin
28th Sep 2010, 13:36
I played on pad, its decent ;d
i died more bc camera than I usualy do in quake live deathmatch during hour session ;d

xdies valve released sdk so u actualy can hold your breath till some1 create custom maps with skybox. it is as simple as copy skybox from left4dead maps to alien swarm. Easiest thing ever. Just check mod section.

TR:Underworld is on the same engine so in my opinion this really really easy and so disapointing that devs not include it as option. Its about half of hour jobtime if u like to have 25min breake. All what they had to do is find part od underworld, copy/paste and go back for 4 mins of break.
Only reason to get ps3 is heavy rain. I play it, enjoy it, then i go to turn back console to shop "buyer remorse" xD and resell game, yeah i will burn in hell for such things...