PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after launching the game

Jerob
25th Sep 2010, 10:48
Hello everyone,

I am new here and I am looking for help. I bought Batman AA when it was released and it worked well on my laptop. Last month I had a new computer (mainly because my laptop let me down) and now that I try to play the game on it, it does not work.
At first I could not even download the 1.1 update but thanks to this forum I found another way to install it. I hoped it would fix my problem but it does not.

To be clear when I launch the game, I have the small intro (Batman driving the Joker back to the Asylum) but whether I skip this scene or not the game crashes and sends me back to desktop without any additional information. I reinstalled the game several times and as I have an ATI video card, I made sure Physx was not active.

I am running it on Windows XP SP3 with an AMD X3 440 and an ATI Radeon HD 5700Series. I have been able to play Mafia II Kane and Lynch 2 or Napoleon Total War lately so I don't think my configuration is too low for the game.

If you have any idea on how to fix it I would be more than happy to read it.

Scarecrow007
25th Sep 2010, 15:50
Maybe try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ ?

Jerob
26th Sep 2010, 09:17
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/252/passedbatmanaa.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/passedbatmanaa.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I think it answers your question and I did not think it could be otherwise.

Tureilim
26th Sep 2010, 20:00
I have the same problem. I pass the recommended settings, but I can't start the game. I don't even get to the start screen. I start it up...Black screen. I cannot alt+tab out, I can't open the windows task manager, I have to restart my computer to get back to my desk top.

According to Driver Genius, I don't have any drivers that need updating...

I only bought it the other day, and I've installed it three times, to no avail.

Can't patch it to 1.1 either. Says Arkham isnt there.

Tureilim
16th Oct 2010, 03:51
Yeah I really appreciate the support, folks. Not like I wasted money or something.

Marcus
19th Oct 2010, 13:03
If the patch won't install because it can't find the game (and it's not the GOTY version), there must be something screwy with the installation. Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling with all the default options?

And for the sake of covering all bases, copy the DVD to a temp folder on the hard drive and install from there instead of directly from the disk.

Jerob
20th Oct 2010, 09:39
I have reinstalled the game with default settings (easy install) and this time the patch was downloaded from the game directly (live asked my permission for the update and the download worked just fine). However, there is nothing new concerning the game itself, I still have the black screen after the introduction whether I skip it or not (when the Joker is tied up to the chair).
I selected the low settings (the game automatically puts very high) and it is still not working.
I don't know how to copy the dvd, so I did not try this yet.

Jerob
23rd Oct 2010, 22:27
I bought the GOTY edition on steam and it did not solve the problem given that this time I can not even have access to the game I only have the screen which tells me I can play, the splash screen of batman and then nothing. I normally reinstalled directx 9.0c and I still can't find out a solution for either of the two problems, I am pretty desperate now I have to confess and angry as well.

quaidorsay
26th Oct 2010, 09:11
Jerob that's exactly what happened to me, I bought my copy off steam, installed it twice and the game installs fine. But once I hit play on the batman AA splash screen it shows another batman splash screen holding is batarang, but thats it. And it does show any error messages or anything, I also have a ATI radeon but 4670 model. I never played or attempted to play a game where this happened and no error messages appear. I wonder how this can be the game of the year when not everyone can play it...?!!!