PDA

View Full Version : My saves are gone!

chriss_99
23rd Sep 2010, 19:25
I finished the game today and when I wanted to replay some levels, in order to find some relics and get some achievements, I noticed that my saves are gone! :mad2:

There was a small update when I launched steam but I had no idea it will cause something like that. Has anyone experienced similar problem? Is there a way to retrieve my save files?

Thanks in advance!

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Sep 2010, 20:17
There is something ironic about your post with that signature. Sorry to hear that your saves have gone.

chriss_99
23rd Sep 2010, 20:21
There is something ironic about your post with that signature. Sorry to hear that your saves have gone.

:D:D:D I've just noticed that.

Danielsun_
23rd Sep 2010, 20:38
haha chriss, classic! , sorry to hear your games are gone, would a system recovery work and not get the update from steam?

chriss_99
24th Sep 2010, 06:31
I found two autosave files in the user data in steam folder but I don't know which one is the right one and what to do with it. :confused:
As for the steam update, I think it's automatic so I don't think I can delete it.
Oh well, it's Friday so I've got a whole weekend to play through the whole game again.

EDIT: Steam cloud seems to be fine now so I recovered my old save files. Now I have to work out how to disable this freaking cloud. :D

Danielsun_
24th Sep 2010, 07:31
good to hear chriss :D, steam cloud sounds nasty lol maybe they have a forum Q&A section for steam ?

chriss_99
24th Sep 2010, 07:36
I bet this steam cloud looks something like this

http://www.russell.kansasgov.com/Admin/ImageGallery/Storm%20Cloud.gif

:D

Danielsun_
24th Sep 2010, 07:54
lol as ollie williams would say

j7UBlZcZSE0&feature=related

Denis 100%
28th Sep 2010, 01:01
u people making fun on it? poor chris..

chriss_99
28th Sep 2010, 05:20

Not to worry, I managed to get my saves back and disable the steam cloud. All's well that ends well. ;)

brianthedog
28th Sep 2010, 12:14

Sorry guys, irrelevant post ahead..

Hey Dennis, why can't you recieve any private messages? I am trying, but nothing..