PDA

View Full Version : Where has the sense of accomplishment in our accomplishments gone to ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Sep 2010, 21:00
(I doubt i can ever formulate this perfectly , so i'll just have to wait for your reaction to see if anything in your mind tingled or not ...)

A couple of days ago i got my trophy for completing Among Thieves in its hardest difficulty setting ... supposedly i'm to feel glad that i'm finally done with this frustrating experience , and can now continue getting old with the rest of my life and only playing this 'game' on the easy setting ... supposedly i was also to feel satisfied to see another well earned gold trophy into my collection ...

Supposedly , another challenge was completed ...

This instantly reminds me of another well deserved gold trophy i earned nearly a year ago , the one for achieving 100% on Arkham Asylum ... I remember that particular moment last year because , well , quite frankly them combat challenges were a huge obstacle i didn't even wanted to overcome ... but i eventually did in just one afternoon ... and then the gold trophy popped up and i just ... ... ...

It felt rather sad actually , because one more suposedly 'unachievable' task was now done and left ...

Alright , now you might be thinking that perhaps it's just a matter of them 'trophies' , which means 'untouchable' stuff you spend hours to obtain ...
But then i've also got other 'outdoor' experiences that all makes me share the same feeling ...

Oh and by outdoor i didn't mean ... ... then again nah , nevermind , take it as you will ...

Anywya where was i ...
Right , long story short (because the massive wall of texts are going to depress you all once again) , nothing that i seem to do in this life actually ... Matters ...
And so as most people's lives , as far as i see ...

Them 'trophies' actually acts as a very good metaphorical allegory ...
Any achievement/trophy collectors will see that they've got a huge load of 5G achievements/bronze trophies , these lil miserable stuff barely looks worth celebrating as we rarely did anything substancial to achieve them ... however , when you put them all together ... whoa , a mountain sized achievement ... but i still think it doesn't feel right ...

This means that the lil things we do in life , even though we used a part of our time , ressource , strenght , courage to accomplish them ... they don't ... ... ... they just don't mean a thing , and it is only by your death bed and when you start looking back at the stockpile of pictures you took in the last hundred years that you begin to see Something ... but you don't see anything when the pictures were taken ...

We live our lives ... we ... we do things ... and for what ? ...
If life itself is a machine , and our accomplishment act as the cogs , then it means we can only obtain the sense of accomplishment once all cogs has been laid ... and yes , maybe it does make sense that our sense of accomplishment can only be tasted once the machine is built (or once we lack the strength to build it anymore) ... but i don't like it ...

I believe in the lil things , i believe in the values of each of these lil things ... yet i can't taste them , where has the sense of accomplishment of our accomplishments gone to ? ... i can only taste my accomplishments when i've got a bunch of these lil things all tossed up together , but that isn't right ... that isn't right , is it ? ...

Are we to live , to go on this endless highway , just so that when we collapse to the ground we will have something to look back in our last few moments ? ...

What's the point in that ? ... it's utterly meaningless ! ...

Bevacur
22nd Sep 2010, 21:31
Move along people, nothing too see here, just a wall of text.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Sep 2010, 21:36
Last week you people go all gaga over the wall of texts ...

Wait a second , Including Yourself , Constable Bevacur ! ...

Bevacur
22nd Sep 2010, 21:40
It's been a long day killing cops, raiding banks, being tortured and some ****.

Ok, i'll try my best to read and i shall do my best to give you a decent reply.

Bevacur
22nd Sep 2010, 21:42
Ok. As soon as you said trophys, you lost me. I have no idea how trophies work on a PS3.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Sep 2010, 21:43
What kind of a Constable goes shooting his fellow cops and robbing banks ? ...

... ... ... oh lord ...

What Sick Advice are you going to share with me now !!?! ...

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

Edit: myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gggggggggggggggggoooooooooooddddddddd ...
you never noticed how many times we talked about "achievements/trophies" ? ...

TheMoD
22nd Sep 2010, 23:56
oh man I know EXACTLY how you feel, I've wasted about 2 years of my life thinking crap like that and I'm still not fully out of it :/

You see when you've reached the point where you're thinking "why am I here, what's the point, etc" you're doing something wrong, you're overthinking, you just need to realise life is awesome and be happy. easier said then done I know, but you need to try it cause the point in life is to be happy! :P
Like when you were little and everything seemed to be much better but actually it's all still the same! you just have to relearn to appreciate all the little things..

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 00:07
I would have still been in the mood to appreciate fully all them lil things without shoving all these questions down my mind if i was just left alone in the first place ...
At some point in my life some folks have derailed my train , then when i finally fixed the tracks back someone else comes and steals the engine that keeps the train running ...

I guess since then all i've been doing is start walking on the train tracks ... but it doesn't look like i've actually walked up to anywhere ...

It's either that or i need to change glasses ...

I have been thinking however , that i've indeed got this tendency of always overcomplicating things , similarly , i've been playing video games on hard difficulty on my first playthroughs for some years now ...
Perhaps ... perhaps my first step now would be to play them on normal or even easy difficulty on my first playthrough , starting with the next game i buy ...

As it can be interpreted metaphorically that i'm finally taking things a bit 'easier' in life ...

Yeah ... why not ... why not indeed ...

But i know , oh yes i know ... once i start taking things easier again i'm going to get another goddamn spear shoved up my back ...

Maybe instead of buying new glasses i need a extra pair of eyes ... i don't know ...

ohitspatty
23rd Sep 2010, 14:48
Meh, it sounds like you need a new hobby.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 15:18
Go to comedy clubs ? ...

ohitspatty
23rd Sep 2010, 15:31
Maybe, or something like bounty hunting.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 15:39
It's going to be a 'different' kind of bounty huntings then , because these days , it is more often those who gets a bounty on their head who are worth having on our side , alive ...

So it's a bounty collecting , then ...

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Sep 2010, 17:28
Out of the blue here.
Bevacur just made me think
Im a special constable, i work 14 hours a week no pay with full cop rights, and in 2 weeks i become a fully fledged police officer, so wait.

Why is my favourite game about killing cops and everyone and robbing banks and whatnot.

Whys my favourite movies about killing law and people.

-lights up spliff-

ohitspatty
23rd Sep 2010, 18:12
Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves.

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 18:53
Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves.

How can i make that my sig?

EDIT: I just put that in my sig, man i am so awesome ooooriiiight.

EDIT2: I can't see it, what did i do wrong?!

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Sep 2010, 18:59
Im already a cop to a certain extent so its pretty much win.

Also i should really stop smoking this crap now that im in law enforcement.

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 19:08
Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves.What are you talking about. I don't want to become a cop and I wasn't abused.

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 20:24
You are not ginger Jack, are you? Is this a joke or you being serious?

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 20:51
My hair is long, curly and red.

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 21:05
I did not expect that at all, same with Johnson. Who else is ginger?

ohitspatty
23rd Sep 2010, 21:14
My hair is long, curly and red.

And that's the problem, you're the outcast in the group of outcasts...

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 21:20
Alright, that's enough. You're all under arrest.

EDIT: ... :hmm: Science damn it!:mad2:

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 21:30
I knew it...you going to abuse us non-gingers!

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Sep 2010, 21:44
The day of revenge is upon us bretherin.

Bevacur
23rd Sep 2010, 21:45
Cartman was right...i should of listened!

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 21:48
Revenge for what, Johnson? Is there something you want to share with us?

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Sep 2010, 21:58
I was playing along with these trolls.

Nah i havent been hurt by anyone or abused so i dont give a crap.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 22:04
Who let these trolls into my topic ! ...

OUTRAGEOUS ! ...

You all know that only i have the right to insult people around here ! ...
So Behave , fool ! ...

JackGordon
23rd Sep 2010, 22:09
Speak up, Grievous. I can't understand one word you're saying with those balls in your mouth.
Grievous is not a ginger but he gets molested on a daily basis, you see. So much that he eventually turned asian... :( Poor lad.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Sep 2010, 22:29
Hmmm ... would have to think about that , i mean it does makes sense ...