PDA

View Full Version : Anticheat system

Pages : [1] 2 3

SilverLeo
11th Mar 2014, 01:47
Just finished a match on a European server (EU 268937) and we had an issue with an opposing player using a Hunter that was moving way faster than he seemingly should have been able to. On a straight run, he was able to outrun the Sentinel's flight and a sprinting Reaver until the Hunter was able to lose them. I'm not 100% sure this is a glitch or not, but it was a very odd occurrence. Anyone else encountered this, or is this a normal thing?

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 02:18
You think that gives you the right to speed hack yourself?

I have footage of this guy speedhacking today. I'd love to direct it to the devs.

Meisel
11th Mar 2014, 02:30
Seriously lol good luck, tell me how to do it: D so i ma also a chance have

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 02:49
You think it's an idle threat? That I don't? Nvidia Shadowplay is a wonderful thing in that it's ready to go at any moment. Here's a little clip of you that took me only a moment to render just for response. Can we do something about this guy?

link removed. (removed)

P.S. I just uploaded it people, so the HD takes a bit to be available on youtube. Have no worries that the quality is high enough to see his name.
And now the HD is available.

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 04:29
This is odd. This forum post seems to have been merged with another so this message doesn't make sense anymore.

MasterShuriko
11th Mar 2014, 06:06
Going to be interesting to see a official response

MasterShuriko
11th Mar 2014, 06:06
Really already?

Wobbley
11th Mar 2014, 07:27
Well BETA is good for testing hacks and fixing them as well! :) Hopefully they can get this fixed. Old hacks used in a new game, nothing big. Still waiting for those aimbots to pop up.

MasterShuriko
11th Mar 2014, 07:59
doesnt matter what game it is, hackers shouldnt be let to linger. Bring down a banhammer

HereticSage
11th Mar 2014, 08:55
Still waiting for those aimbots to pop up.
They're there. Just not common yet, I think. No footage, but I've definitely seen perfect tracking hunters exactly once.

Also on the topic of OP speedhacking, if he's reporting it, he's doing his job as a beta tester (assuming someone didn't stupidly threaten to report him and muddle the issue).
Fought with Miesel on my team today. Speedhacking and denying it. Everyone caught on. He's clearly using it for personal gain.

Tureil
11th Mar 2014, 10:19
he didn't come here to report he found a way to get speed hacks going.
He just said that people are hacking, and described a few ways of doing it.
Then, he got shown making use of a hack.

I just don't know what to think of you, man.

Wobbley
11th Mar 2014, 10:47
he didn't come here to report he found a way to get speed hacks going.
He just said that people are hacking, and described a few ways of doing it.
Then, he got shown making use of a hack.

I just don't know what to think of you, man.

Or maybe this is jsut some great conspiracy and the speedhacker just used his name!? THIS IS A CONSPIRACY! I agree I am a bit confused, reporting it and then using it himself? I would like to believe he ain't that careless, so maybe a name change by another player. I wish to give him the benefit of the doubt.

RainaAudron
11th Mar 2014, 13:12
Lol, it´s the same guy who insulted us in the game last night. Reported.

WhiteFlameKyo
11th Mar 2014, 13:31

Wow, you too. I've already reported him once for swearing/insulting.

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 15:01
If you do this crap in a community this small it's going to catch up with you very quickly.

Angelos_Sanguinum
11th Mar 2014, 15:17
steam Vac is a joke, it can't even protect from *most popular trainer engine* hacking multiplayer games :]
They need solution like Planetside 2 have where Launcher detects hacks used or 3rd party solutions like Easy anti-cheat.

I have a suggestion what Meisel is using on this video, but Killdrith

You think it's an idle threat? That I don't? Nvidia Shadowplay is a wonderful thing in that it's ready to go at any moment. Here's a little clip of you that took me only a moment to render just for response. Can we do something about this guy?

Meisel, the lamer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-On2uUJi8&feature=youtu.be)

Killdrith, don't you need to hide this video from public, there is option "only those who have links".

I have a theory what Meisel is using on this video, which developer is exactly works with the hacks and such things, so i can report directly ?

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 16:19
It was my understanding that the NDA was lifted. Is there a reason that this should be hidden?

Wobbley
11th Mar 2014, 16:42
It was my understanding that the NDA was lifted. Is there a reason that this should be hidden?

Not really no, you are free to keep it public.

TendrilSavant
11th Mar 2014, 18:35

No reason for it to be hidden, NDA lifted and it's your youtube channel. However, most game forums have a strict no naming and shamming policy. It's believed (by the developers of most games) that posting proof of hackers on their forums to be bad for the community.

Or maybe this is just some great conspiracy and the speedhacker just used his name!?

It's steam, so don't count this out. One speed hacker I found was specifically switching between screen names I've encountered in Nosgoth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used my name once, since I called him out while recording him.

When gathering proof I suggest taking a screenshot of the players steam profile page for future reference, since screen names are so easily changed.

hirukaru
11th Mar 2014, 19:04
There is officially no need to hide the video but it is common decency to do it.

Why you will ask.
Showing these kind of movies will give a bad name to a game, while you did not give the devs the time to fix the hacking parts.

Normally as Tendril says there is a no name saying decency which also applies un officially if I am correct to these forums, I guess in my opinion they have to make it official.

Edit: Deputy posted the rules of the forum. Even though I think these should be stated somewhere more visible. It shows that there are rules about a no name calling policy.

DeputyPotato
11th Mar 2014, 19:35

^Yup, got some nice screenshots too.

Killdrith I would ask you to remove the video from public since it will affect public image of nosgoth and there is this

Rule #5: Do not attack or retaliate against any member or group of members on the forums.

Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member or guest that is unwanted. This is referred to as flaming, and will not be tolerated.

This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted messages, don't attack their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

Which this falls under.

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 20:12
*sigh*
Normally I would not have gone through this channel, but this is HIS thread where -he- is complaining about "hackers". I'll remove it but honestly I don't see how any other response would have been appropriate for responding to him.

I've made the video private as I generally agree with the attitude.

hirukaru
11th Mar 2014, 20:19
*sigh*
Normally I would not have gone through this channel, but this is HIS thread where -he- is complaining about "hackers". I'll remove it but honestly I don't see how any other response would have been appropriate for responding to him.

I've made the video private as I generally agree with the attitude.

First of I find it great that you changed the movie to private and understand the situation.
I find it great that you made a movie cause I think this is a big win.

As Raina said the issue has been reported and will hopefully be fixed asap.

killdrith
11th Mar 2014, 20:44
I don't want to be an ass or hurt the game, but I also don't think this is harassment. He embarrassed himself. If a guy comes on the forum and states "The sky is potato", and the next guy says "No, it's not, here's a picture", is the second guy breaking the rules? I don't think we turn a blind eye for the sake of being an overly-friendly place. I also don't think the rest of the community should be blind to the actions of the first guy. He's poisoning the forum with misinformation and my post simply corrects it. If this was handled privately (my post didn't exist), the entire thread would give people the wrong idea.

Angelos_Sanguinum
11th Mar 2014, 22:43
It's steam, so don't count this out. One speed hacker I found was specifically switching between screen names I've encountered in Nosgoth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used my name once, since I called him out while recording him.

When gathering proof I suggest taking a screenshot of the players steam profile page for future reference, since screen names are so easily changed.
Right, you must save steam profile links of suspected players(or show in video, or make screenshots) , just because they can change nicks every game.

hirukaru
11th Mar 2014, 23:27
I don't want to be an ass or hurt the game, but I also don't think this is harassment. He embarrassed himself. If a guy comes on the forum and states "The sky is potato", and the next guy says "No, it's not, here's a picture", is the second guy breaking the rules? I don't think we turn a blind eye for the sake of being an overly-friendly place. I also don't think the rest of the community should be blind to the actions of the first guy. He's poisoning the forum with misinformation and my post simply corrects it. If this was handled privately (my post didn't exist), the entire thread would give people the wrong idea.

Remember that acting in a way that can cause more abuse or anything is not approved in any forum.
Of course we cannot say hacking etc. is approved.

There is a request for a dedicated report system for these kind of things.
Of course it is strange that the person in question started this thread.

HereticSage
12th Mar 2014, 00:23
They're there. Just not common yet, I think. No footage, but I've definitely seen perfect tracking hunters exactly once.

Also on the topic of OP speedhacking, if he's reporting it, he's doing his job as a beta tester (assuming someone didn't stupidly threaten to report him and muddle the issue).
Fought with Miesel on my team today. Speedhacking and denying it. Everyone caught on. He's clearly using it for personal gain.
Amended based on new things I've seen. What I don't get is why he would call attention to himself by being the person to first bring it up and then abuse it.

RainaAudron
12th Mar 2014, 00:25
Well, we ran into this guy today and he was speed hacking again - so since we all knew each other on our teams we let the human team hunt him down specifically, while our vamp team was watching, it was hilarious :D saw his speedhacking in action (we got it recorded for proof). I hope he will be banned asap.

Regarding the video - just make it available only for those with link maybe? (only people in this thread) and send to devs.

MasterShuriko
12th Mar 2014, 00:35
Actually sad that people are already trying to ruin the game...

Bobhwilson
12th Mar 2014, 00:39
I just came here to actually report the use of a speedhack and what appeared to be an aim assist (every shot from the Hunter's crossbow appeared to hit and as soon as he got out of a roll the crossbow was instantly firing and hitting the target) from a player named Meisel. I don't know if someone could have utilized the same name, but he responded in a similar fashion during the game (daring me to report him, calling me a flamer, etc). It's really a bummer that players are now using hacks/exploits etc. If this continues I won't be playing the game much longer.....

Any response from the devs about what is being done and ways to report players would be greatly appreciated.

Bobhwilson
12th Mar 2014, 00:41

Meisel, the lamer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-On2uUJi8&feature=youtu.be)

P.S. I just uploaded it people, so the HD takes a bit to be available on youtube. Have no worries that the quality is high enough to see his name.
And now the HD is available.

Can't view the video as it appears to be set to private. Go to Youtube and make sure the video is public. Thanks for recording! Let's bust these fools

DeputyPotato
12th Mar 2014, 00:49
^Against the TOU,

Rule #5: Do not attack or retaliate against any member or group of members on the forums.

Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member or guest that is unwanted. This is referred to as flaming, and will not be tolerated.

This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted messages, don't attack their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

Which this falls under. Asked Killdrith to make it private since it will affect public image of nosgoth and the rule stated above.

Ran into him too today with: Raina,Cookie,Omega,Bobo,kainvnod and raredrop. He was very hostile and rude and besides that plain cheating ;d

DeputyPotato

MarinePikachu
12th Mar 2014, 01:39
Ive seen 2 a while ago (possibly same person just changing names). These guys had super high pings. Did this guy have a high ping too?

Kelexo
12th Mar 2014, 02:29
Hey guys,

I think I just encountered my first game where there are hackers. When my team were the vampires we could barely touch them. I just thought that I was matched with a really bad team, but when that round ended and my team were the humans, I started to notice weird things. I would die even though nothing was attacking me; all that was nearby was a tyrant in the Ignore Pain skill. After a few weird deaths, I noticed that it was weird that that tyrant was in Ignore Pain and just running around me looking like he is trying to push me. But then I looked at my HP and it is dropping each time he gets near me even though hes in Ignore Pain.

Is this a hack?

I looked at the Ignore Pain skill after the match and saw that you shouldn't be able to attack when in Ignore Pain. I didn't get the persons name, but this was the weirdest game I have ever been in.

Also is there a way to report this even though I don't remember the person's name? Is there like logs or something that I can submit to the Nosgoth team?

Omegamesh
12th Mar 2014, 08:57
I'm pretty sure I was the rude one in that game :nut:

AHYHAX
12th Mar 2014, 14:10
In game today at 15:50 in battle i play as vampire and see in human team man with nick Meisel who run like crazy cheetah, nobody can catch him, maybe its cheat or maybe he has thing that up rize speed, but he run TO FAST!

WhiteFlameKyo
12th Mar 2014, 14:24
cheetah
cheat

Cheatah!

http://i.imgur.com/UIopsje.gif

Angelos_Sanguinum
12th Mar 2014, 14:55
Well, we ran into this guy today and he was speed hacking again - so since we all knew each other on our teams we let the human team hunt him down specifically, while our vamp team was watching, it was hilarious :D saw his speedhacking in action (we got it recorded for proof). I hope he will be banned asap.
He must report what soft he is using to devs as soon as possible, to avoid ban.

TheMalgot
12th Mar 2014, 15:32
@MarinePikachu: No, he hadn't. His ping was ~40 throughout the match on a EU server.

MasterJoaoP1
12th Mar 2014, 16:55
Hackers? Never saw 1, if I see some 1 hacking I got alot of ways of report and video is one of those ways and its easily made by shadowplay, also experienced to report those ********
We just need to be ready for them, this game will be alot popular.

MasterShuriko
12th Mar 2014, 17:26
How does the shadow play work?
Sitting on 2xGTX 580 cards so id like to know

TheMalgot
12th Mar 2014, 17:30
@MasterShuriko:

1. Wrong thread.
2. You have to own a GTX of the 600 series to use shadowplay. Sorry. :/

MasterShuriko
12th Mar 2014, 21:00
@MasterShuriko:

1. Wrong thread.
2. You have to own a GTX of the 600 series to use shadowplay. Sorry. :/

Just wanted to know incase I happened across one of the cheaters, would be good to have it on record then.
2nd, crap im obsolete =(

Meisel
12th Mar 2014, 21:09
Hi guys im here :D !

DeputyPotato
12th Mar 2014, 21:22
@^

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/17/article-0-18C6F22800000578-994_306x486.jpg

^My only thought

Syluxxx
13th Mar 2014, 00:53
Hello im makin this thread for people what cheats to report this guy called miesil cheats having speed hacks alot people mentioned him about me but first i thought it was rumors he i played 1 match with him recently and he was speeding every where with both classes and of races in game please try do some thing about it if possible

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/cheatersa4py2zuwdf.jpg

above link is the steam profile i dunno if it helps or not thanks.

Meisel
13th Mar 2014, 01:38
It is happy to see you guys complaining about a game that is still a beta version. It is absolutely normal to find bugs, glitches and errors. Guys, this is a BETA-Version. Do you really think the admins won´t try to fix such problems? You don´t have to open thread by thread just to report that there is a user who seems to use bugs or hacks or anything. What do you want from me? I´m not doing anything forbidden. I´m not immortal, I don´t onehit you and I´m not invisible. You are able to kill me and if you think I´m using hacks or something report it to the admins personally. You´re busting my name. Maybe it´s my ping that is too high, maybe it´s bad connection, maybe I´m using any skills you can buy? Maybe it´s your ping or even you try to sabotate me. What if you faked the videos? I haven´t done anything wrong.

Kiddys... and i will Deletee my Account "image" ... its defiance of my private data protection / hate speech / defamation of my profile!

yours sincerely Meisel
see you in the Game :rasp:

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 02:44
This guy is something else.

HereticSage
13th Mar 2014, 03:30
Lol, this guy. It's the ID number that's important.

riggepls
13th Mar 2014, 04:42
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Angelos_Sanguinum
13th Mar 2014, 07:08
It is happy to see you guys complaining about a game that is still a beta version. It is absolutely normal to find bugs, glitches and errors. Guys, this is a BETA-Version. Do you really think the admins won´t try to fix such problems? You don´t have to open thread by thread just to report that there is a user who seems to use bugs or hacks or anything. What do you want from me? I´m not doing anything forbidden. I´m not immortal, I don´t onehit you and I´m not invisible. You are able to kill me and if you think I´m using hacks or something report it to the admins personally. You´re busting my name. Maybe it´s my ping that is too high, maybe it´s bad connection, maybe I´m using any skills you can buy? Maybe it´s your ping or even you try to sabotate me. What if you faked the videos? I haven´t done anything wrong.
Kiddys... and i will Deletee my Account "image" ... its defiance of my private data protection / hate speech / defamation of my profile!
yours sincerely Meisel
see you in the Game :rasp:
What the hell does this means ? Is it you on video or not ? If your ids are identical you will be banned, just that.

Petire
6th Apr 2014, 19:53
http://www.twitch.tv/petire50/c/4004431

Watch at about 2 minutes for 30 seconds, you can see the Scout shooting too fast for the game you can also watch the rest of the video and watch him play alch later in the match.

Ambusher
6th Apr 2014, 21:13
Unfortunately, this plague already came to Nosgoth :(
Just look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hbuv1dvtzI#t=120
And they also seem to sell these cheating/auto-aim programms. Can they at least be banned? And maybe you already have in plans some anticheat utility?

NemesisR5
6th Apr 2014, 21:26
Let's hope there will be anti-cheat support, like VAC anti-cheat.

ICantPauseItMom
6th Apr 2014, 21:56
Sigh... I really hope this game don't turn out like Combat Arms >_<
I highly expect anti hacking after beta.

Khalith
7th Apr 2014, 00:34
Video removed, don't know what it's about. But going by the contents of the thread so far I can guess, I hope there are anti-cheating systems in place and anyone that does use such hacks/cheats of any kind should get perma-banned from the game.

ICantPauseItMom
7th Apr 2014, 00:46
Video removed, don't know what it's about. But going by the contents of the thread so far I can guess, I hope there are anti-cheating systems in place and anyone that does use such hacks/cheats of any kind should get perma-banned from the game.

thats the crap part of free games, easy just to make a new account.

Viridian24
7th Apr 2014, 04:14
thats the crap part of free games, easy just to make a new account.

Can't Steam ban computers from games by MAC address? You'd need to buy a new network card or something for your computer to get around it, I believe.

TheIrtar
7th Apr 2014, 04:28
Well, for now we NEED them.

I can hear you now: What are you talking about Irtar?

This is a closed beta test. One of the parts of a beta test is how to break the game. That includes hacks. If there are security flaws, and loops, or bad hunks of code I'd rather they catch and iron all that out now than to wait. I imagine the dev team downloads these things, and tests them themselves to see exactly what they're tinkering with.

Probably just patch for now, but I doubt we'll see bans until Open Beta comes about.

Edit: And I mean them as in the people writing all the hacks. The guys just plopping them in? Eh... not so much needed. :P

MasterShuriko
7th Apr 2014, 04:28
marvelous

Tureil
7th Apr 2014, 04:43
While this is obviously a hack, I think it goes against a name and shame policy here.

THAT SAID... [][][][][][] is a douche.

ICantPauseItMom
7th Apr 2014, 05:54
ya for sure, many games I'v played in beta was full of hackers, then after beta, it more or less had next to no hackers at all.
i am hoping this is one of those games tho!

PencileyePirate
7th Apr 2014, 06:36
Can't Steam ban computers from games by MAC address? You'd need to buy a new network card or something for your computer to get around it, I believe.

That's not correct; MAC address spoofing is extremely easy.

ICantPauseItMom
7th Apr 2014, 15:01
That's not correct; MAC address spoofing is extremely easy.
Ya but most kiddies who download hacks won't know how to do it.
They can also ban hardware id.

Lyesmyth
8th Apr 2014, 14:10
just a minut ago, on european server i noticed a guy <name removed>, or something like that who did 8 autoatacks on my 1 arror shot withaut the zoom and insta tleported between 3 of our temmates

Side Note

pleas give some interface options to watch your past matchers or something, i woul relly like to gice you a details of what match that was, or is his name is not mispelled but i cant, cous i dont have my history

The match was played like 2-3 minuts ago, and my Steam acoount is Loki Lyesmyth i hope u can find the match and a guy, and more importantly prevent exploits, 3 party prgorams from using, cous next hacker may be more subtle ;(

lucinvampire
8th Apr 2014, 14:23
Please do not post offenders usernames but instead please report such instances direct to either the forum admin/community manager (Xenonetix or Monkeythumbz) and then these can be looked into. Thank you :D

ICantPauseItMom
8th Apr 2014, 16:14
Are we going to get a "report user" option in game any time soon? :3

PencileyePirate
9th Apr 2014, 02:34
just a minut ago, on european server i noticed a guy <name removed>, or something like that who did 8 autoatacks on my 1 arror shot withaut the zoom and insta tleported between 3 of our temmates

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What's an auto-attack, why does it matter whether or not you were zooming, and how do you know this isn't just packet loss?

Denhonator
9th Apr 2014, 11:09
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What's an auto-attack, why does it matter whether or not you were zooming, and how do you know this isn't just packet loss?
Auto-attack means left click basic attack, not sure about the other things though.

DaiReaver
9th Apr 2014, 11:59
Note: I've removed the cheating players name per requestofthe admins, i'll just refer to him as <cheater> in the text.

Hey all,
After a few dodgy players yesterday and then seeing a blatent one who was on my team today, there's no question in my mind that already we have people cheating in the beta i'm sorry to report.

I've screenshotted the results, and from the results of the match alone you can see how blatent this was.. The other guys on the same team as <cheater> (including myself) didn't even get a shot in. <cheater> was just instantly shooting any vamp that showed up around a corner.

<edit: Omitted the cheating players name per request of the admins>
http://i57.tinypic.com/33z924l.jpg

I also did a small look on google to try and find the resource he used to report it.. I say sorry now to people who will rage at me posting links to sites that advertise cheating here.. i understand.. believe me. But i feel it's more important that the dev's see what cheats are occuring so that they can take a stance on trying to stamp it out and use better network validation on user input to reduce the likelyhood of cheaters getting away with it.

Here's the sites i found after a quick google search.. there will no doubt be others on 'underground' sites which won't pop up on searches too, and distributed in IRC chat channels etc.. etc..

[removed]

I pray that anti-cheat code becomes a high priority as it certainly takes 'all' of the fun out of the game.

Pic is huge.. just going to try and scale it then edit the post so it's appropriately sized

TapxJames
9th Apr 2014, 12:38
Hopefully this time people listen to these concerns.

Vakmaalex
9th Apr 2014, 12:54
Haha, just ran into Yolo myself like 10 mins ago...damn his reaver had like + 100% attack speed

DaiReaver
9th Apr 2014, 13:00
In the game i was in with him, we had a human team of 4 hunters, and we didn't get a look in at all.. Every time a vamp appeared they were popped by <cheater>. So when the vamps started complaining in chat.. i got suspicious, then they made a point about the sheer amount of damage he'd accumulated in such a short time.. So i followed him and watched him, he seemed to glitch side to side a lot and back and forth, sometimes seemed to run faster than the rest of us but not too often... Then i saw him spin around quickly and literally destroy a vamp in a moment.. There was no 'human like' hesitation or time to aim, it was just turn and fire the very instant he turned around.. So the other humans.. including myself just pretty much had nothing to do.. it was very boring. Naturally the vamps stopped bothering to come for us too which i can totally understand. It's such a game killer. I didn't get to see him as a vamp in the next round because everyone quit the match.

Razihel2
9th Apr 2014, 13:17
wow ... just wow...

lets hope the dev will just ban him for now and do something about the tool...

AHYHAX
9th Apr 2014, 13:17
Hello all, today i joined to game at 16.40, and see like some dude with nickname <name removed> kill all vamps as human with average speed of running and speed of firing with standart bolt as hunter, i have not video or screenshot, but many people can confirm my words

Razihel2
9th Apr 2014, 13:19
we have a post about it in the bug forum

RikuSaito
9th Apr 2014, 13:22
Mod edit: Please report any acts of suspected hacking through the Tech Support Center (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?f=98&a=4). Thanks. was blatantly hacking, he was running a lot faster, melee was insanely fast he knew where the vampires was, he hardly missed a shot and I got video evidence of him doing so, I hope this helps removing him from the game so people can actually enjoy playing against legit players and not cheating scum like him.

he already has a ban on his steam profile within the last 12 days.

His Steam Profile: <link removed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCdwWyHpeo

vyrmtongue
9th Apr 2014, 13:24
here as a witness, guy had a speedhack as vamp and aimbot as human

vyrmtongue
9th Apr 2014, 13:32
Wow do people really pay for such things?

Saruwatari
9th Apr 2014, 13:54
i never understood why people use stuff like that
i mean, you yourself dont even have any control, you just sit there and watch the program ruin the game for everyone :/

lucinvampire
9th Apr 2014, 14:43
Please could you report this information (and any you discover in the future) direct via PM to Monkeythumbz and Xenonetix so it can be investigated?
and remove the links and instances of name-and-shames of usernames from your posts? Thank you :D

I too hope something will be put in place soon to stop such hacks in the future...

DaiReaver
9th Apr 2014, 15:05
I've gone through and removed the cheaters name, and also omitted it from the screenshot and reuploaded it.

lucinvampire
9th Apr 2014, 15:14
I've gone through and removed the cheaters name, and also omitted it from the screenshot and reuploaded it.

EDIT: Please don't forget to send over the unedited information to Monkeythumbz/Xenonetix :D

ICantPauseItMom
9th Apr 2014, 15:40
Don't worry to much tho, most beta's iv been in had hackers in it at 1 point, then just suddenly disappeared at one point.
BUT I DO hope this don't become an issue.

Psyonix_Eric
9th Apr 2014, 17:01
Hopefully this time people listen to these concerns.
I'm not sure what you mean by "this time" but this is something that has been on our radar for a long time. We've had, and will continue to have, discussions on what we can do as a long term solution, as well as the immediate solution of banning those players that are reported to us.

deathsrisen
9th Apr 2014, 17:08
there seems to be alot of people doing stuff like this, its an aimbot hack and has been reported to square enix a few times, hopefully something will be done

DaiReaver
9th Apr 2014, 17:24
Psyonix, i'm sure your lead coder has already thought of it.. but bring it up in a meeting.. 'Network Data Validation' .. There's a fine line though between validating just enough and not having it cause network lag. He'll have a much better concept of it than i do.. but it's been used in the past to detect erroneous fire rates / damage done / speed due to checking positions over time displacement. It can be a good idea for servers to buffer the data, and then have delayed data validation which then takes action once the code asserts that the users data is being modified and tampered with.

The_Hylden
9th Apr 2014, 18:14
The developers are aware of these reports and are looking into them. Please do not call out members here on the forums. Instead post suspicions of hacking through the Support Center (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?f=98&a=4). Thanks.

Thread closed.

MasterShuriko
9th Apr 2014, 18:49
So theres been reports, videos and posts talking about players that are using various hacks, speed, wallhacks, aimbots, inf ammo, weapon speed and so on. What I have come across so far on the forums is that the devs are working on it and have stated they will have more discussions before they do anything.

But Im curious on whats the status on the anti-cheat software at the moment?
Is it soon to be done and tested?
Cant you guys have the conversation with us aswell as within the company pwetty pwease:flowers: ?

Lyesmyth
9th Apr 2014, 18:54
If in 3 second a guy can kill 4 of our team mates its not a packet loss
if he can teleport instantly to all of us, after a team wipe in a matter of second, its not a packet loss
in the time that i need for one arrow on scaut he mauled me 8 times
it matters if i am zooming if not, cous zoom attack takes 3 second, while un zoomed is quicker. i posted this "unzoomed" in case somone came, and tried to prove me i am bad/wrong, but i guess it made ma target for diffrent accusations then xD

MasterShuriko
9th Apr 2014, 23:58
The player is CURRENTLY online and hacking. Just finished a game with this hacker.
I also checked his playcard on steam. He have already been confirmed by VAC for a ban that ended 13 days ago...guess he didnt learn.

cmstache
10th Apr 2014, 02:32
Personally, I wouldn't give a hacker a second chance, EVER. It's not something you just do, a person has to go out of his way to do it, and purposefully so. If you give any other them leniency you're just digging yourself a hole. But, it's not up to me.

PencileyePirate
10th Apr 2014, 13:38
Well I don't know how easy it is to integrate, but there is PunkBuster (http://www.punkbuster.com/) ... would save them from reinventing the wheel, and it supports some nifty features (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PunkBuster#Published_features). If any devs see this, that's got my vote!

ElioExp
13th Apr 2014, 08:33
More cheats now, when the players gets out of life, dont die, real immortality... Really don´t want to play with these cheaters!
*Sorry for the english I try my best!

ICantPauseItMom
13th Apr 2014, 15:41
Personally, I wouldn't give a hacker a second chance, EVER. It's not something you just do, a person has to go out of his way to do it, and purposefully so. If you give any other them leniency you're just digging yourself a hole. But, it's not up to me.

I agree. No more chances, no more accounts.
BUT you got to be careful, some people share internet, 1 might hack, if they ban the IP, can cause issues with anyone else who plays on that same IP. Thats why banning hardware ID seems to be the way to go these days.

More cheats now, when the players gets out of life, dont die, real immortality... Really don´t want to play with these cheaters!
*Sorry for the english I try my best!

yes yes, in time my friend!

Ruikio
13th Apr 2014, 15:58
There an email I can send a video of a hacking user? I've yet to get an answer for this.

Plonker2236
13th Apr 2014, 19:13
Am fairly sure several of these posts refer to the same guy I played a few games with a couple days ago. Suspected he was hacking, but it became really obvious when we started a match on freeport. He was playing as a Hunter, and absolutely annihilating every vamp he saw. He was running faster than a human can sprint normally, his bow was firing WAY faster than even the quickest one, and there was no delay between his melee attacks. I literally watched him run up to a tyrant and kill him in melee, and the tyrant was at full health.

The other human players didn't even help him, they just watched him and recorded what he was doing on fraps while the vamps tried to gang up on him. Even when four of us attacked him at once he was managing to kill two of us before we took him out. I've never seen cheating as obvious as this, and it completely sucked the fun out of the game.

cmstache
13th Apr 2014, 19:18
War bow lock hackers ftw.

agile2015
14th Apr 2014, 11:40
War bow lock hackers ftw.

can't understand the line. Could u please make more sense?

cmstache
14th Apr 2014, 11:50
Get 3 or 4 war bows and alternate stuns on the player. Its easy when the other team doesnt help. Just make it so they cant play.

lugexd
15th Apr 2014, 08:04
but then they can make a different hack to insta kill the entire enemy team, or everyone except themselves. and give god mode so they could just sit there and wait for you rot reload or get bored. either way, hacking screws up everything. And the problem with not giving people a "second chance" comes from the idea that the person could have not been hacking in some instances and just got lucky. granted, being that lucky several times, well.... thats a bit of a stretch. but now they can't play at all, and they were just lucky.

Although, I personally did have a situation that happened earlier today where I was being shot by a hunter almost flawlessly through smoke as I was jumping downward as a reaver... just suspicious, not sure I would say it was hacking, since that only occured once and then never again.

Minsoinch
19th Apr 2014, 20:53
Get 3 or 4 war bows and alternate stuns on the player. Its easy when the other team doesnt help. Just make it so they cant play.

We not going to land 3 or 4 shots if the hacker has an aim-bot.

pupex_calin
12th May 2014, 15:57
After playing a game the other day i was almost 100% sure that at least one of my enemies had some cheats.
The accuracy was almost perfect, at long range as well. He also hit me as soon as I peeked my head over a building.
After that i figures i'd look for cheats and see if there are any and I found this and it looks like what I was up against.

<Links removed>

It couldn't have just been a bad matchup. The difference between a bad matchup and that game was too big.
Anyway I hope anti-cheat systems are being worked on because this can be a serious problem.

EDIT: Found this as well just after posting:
<Link removed>
Someone moved like this as well when playing vamp, i've never had an enemy just pop up behind me like in that game.

PencileyePirate
12th May 2014, 16:34
There are plenty of great players who have the aim you describe without cheats (hitting an enemy at long distance when they peek their head over a building.)

Even if there weren't, that wouldn't be an excuse to go searching for / posting links to cheats in the forums.

lucinvampire
12th May 2014, 16:50
Thank you for informing us of these hacks - they've been reported to the authorities for investigation.

Please in future report such finds through the SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) or to the Community Manager Saikocat or the forum admin Xenonetix via PM.

Saikocat
16th May 2014, 14:23
Hey folks

Just to follow up, as I recall, one of the links was to a video of a player who has seen been banned, I'm happy to say. The others were being looked into, so thank you for the report.

Here is some info (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12899) as well from Corey at Psyonix regarding hacking:

Just wanted to brief you guys since I've seen more and more concerns about the cheating situation.

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) has been enabled. However, VAC does not ban people instantly so it may take a little time for Valve's system to identify and lock out offenders.
We're implementing additional server-side validation that should curb some of the speed-hacking cheats we've seen.
Player reporting tools are in the works to allow you to report suspected cheaters or bad people in general. For now we are relying on community reporting and metrics investigation.

We take this issue very seriously and are working daily with Square-Enix and Valve to make life very difficult for these people using third party tools to gain an unfair advantage. We appreciate your patience while we sort things out.

ICantPauseItMom
16th May 2014, 14:44
Glad to see anti hacking already being implemented!

Tho people will always claim hackers, my self and many others I'v played with got called out for hacking, feels good to be called a hacker when you actually are not :)

Thanks Nosgoth! I hope for a great future of a hack free game! (hopefully)

Sanguise23
16th May 2014, 15:36
Glad to see anti hacking already being implemented!

Tho people will always claim hackers, my self and many others I'v played with got called out for hacking, feels good to be called a hacker when you actually are not :)

Thanks Nosgoth! I hope for a great future of a hack free game! (hopefully)
LOL!

Wabbitface
29th May 2014, 15:36
My opinion on ingame player-reporting can cause stupid players to report a player because they play too good. But most multiplayer games have this feature, not sure on your opinion.

Luckily the current Nosgoth community is very friendly and mature, not like those kids who call out stupid crap because you reach 27k damage as a human hunter. ;)

Maybe someday I will reach 30k :D

Dispoil
29th May 2014, 18:27
<removed>

After I bought vampire pack I played solo for a while and had a lot of fun. I ran into some beastmode players and thought I just needed to get better. A week later My friends and I were getting sniped across crazy distances for just poking heads around corners. The link I posted was #1 on google. Might be a scam but then I looked at youtube hackers strutting their stuff. It seems now that every game we play we got some 40+ guy killing us mid leap/flight/head poke around corner. Maybe I'm wrong and these guys are just godlike. Anyone else feeling this? I'm not willing to buy/download said hacks to find out myself. Wondering the communities thoughts on this?

Psyonix_Corey
29th May 2014, 18:30
A lot of the YouTube cheaters have been VAC banned since VAC (valve anti cheat) was enabled for Nosgoth. Are you still seeing problems regularly?

Dispoil
29th May 2014, 18:43
It was tonight that we experienced it, but maybe the players were just really, really good.

Saikocat
29th May 2014, 19:17
Just popping my head in to say I edited your post to remove the link, just to stop it spreading further.

Dispoil
29th May 2014, 19:33
If you have more private locations for such links I could give you many more.

SiD_Green
29th May 2014, 20:50
It's not really "godlike" to hit someone with a Scout charged shot though, happens all the time when only poking out for a second against good players

Saturnity
29th May 2014, 23:51
A lot of hackusations will probably end up on Prophets, too. The precision on dual heavies is so good that even I surprised myself.

HellsingDS
1st Jun 2014, 23:08
Granted ive only been playing since the stream key giveaway but im a quick learner and up until this weekend I only had a few brush ins with players with godly aim but put it down to them simply being that good. However, this weekend I've started running into games where even a co-ordinated vamp attacks wont work against some teams because they seem to have godly aim and know where we are all the time, even if we only peek prior to revealing ourselves.

There's a huge difference between the players you suspect and these players that seem to make the game an impossible one sided slaughter fest against a team with co-ordinated attacks. It seems as though there's an epidemic.

P.S. Im not a fresh lvl 10 scrub, im over lvl 25.

spawncrazymonkey
5th Jul 2014, 01:28
What are the plans against aimbots and other hacks. I've noticed a couple of people who are no doubt using them and I was just kinda wondering what the plan was to stop them.

Squigiligimous
5th Jul 2014, 09:50
What are the plans against aimbots and other hacks. I've noticed a couple of people who are no doubt using them and I was just kinda wondering what the plan was to stop them.

If you are 100% sure they are take video evidence and send it to the devs. I'm sure they would be happy to help you out with a delicious taste of ban on any undeniably guilty individuals. Teasing aside VAC is running and outright cheaters will likely get banned in short-ish order.

amov1ngtarget
6th Jul 2014, 03:45
I would like to know if there are glitches with skills doing more damage then they should or if it is from hackers. I know one game I took over 2000 damage from a grenade launcher. Quite a few matches I have had a reaver with savage pounce jump on me doing 700 damage immediately and then extra damage from mauling. (neither of which where from them respawning and then doing it again)

FireWorks_
6th Jul 2014, 10:52
I would like to know if there are glitches with skills doing more damage then they should or if it is from hackers. I know one game I took over 2000 damage from a grenade launcher. Quite a few matches I have had a reaver with savage pounce jump on me doing 700 damage immediately and then extra damage from mauling. (neither of which where from them respawning and then doing it again)

The thing with the current death screen is that is does NOT show single hits. It shows the ranking of the sumarized damage sources. 3x200 hits show as 600. That leaves a lot room for misinterpretation. (Besides the bugs where damage is not shown, etc)

If you survive multiple combat and get to heal/feast inbetween you can see very high damage numbers in the death screen. 2000 from a grenlauncher could mean taking 3-4shots in a fight, winning, feasting and repeating. So your total amount of health is way above the normal 1050, thus they can take away more of you.

Savage pounce is able to hit for over 700 when jumped from far away and great height.

Hacking could be involved but there are explanations within the normal framework of the game and way more likely.

amov1ngtarget
7th Jul 2014, 02:29
Okay so even though the description for savage pounce says Damage 325-650 it can actually hit for more? Are there more skills like that?

PencileyePirate
7th Jul 2014, 05:09
Okay so even though the description for savage pounce says Damage 325-650 it can actually hit for more? Are there more skills like that?

I'm pretty sure anything over 650 is falling damage from being pounced off a ledge ... so skills like abduct, throw, or dominate mind would also fall in that category.

amov1ngtarget
7th Jul 2014, 07:25
I'm pretty sure anything over 650 is falling damage from being pounced off a ledge ... so skills like abduct, throw, or dominate mind would also fall in that category.

I have had them do 700 damage from just hitting me with the jump. Flat ground, no ledges. They jump on me immediately doing 700 damage and then extra mauling damage.

FireWorks_
7th Jul 2014, 11:35
I have had them do 700 damage from just hitting me with the jump. Flat ground, no ledges. They jump on me immediately doing 700 damage and then extra mauling damage.

I was under the impression that the reaver does addition damage when jumping from greater height. "Fall damage" from his fall on you.

There have been recent changes to the fall damage of the sentinel picks and the throw of the tyrant (could hit for over 800 according to a dev post, never had it personally). I imagine the reaver skills could be looked at next.

Severix
7th Jul 2014, 23:20
Any anti-cheat running on this game? Just wondering, a quick nosgoth hacks on google shows some sites with hacks.

flyklm
7th Jul 2014, 23:29
And why would you google those in a first place?

Bazielim
8th Jul 2014, 00:04
Any anti-cheat running on this game?
Yes it is:

Just wanted to brief you guys since I've seen more and more concerns about the cheating situation.

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) has been enabled. However, VAC does not ban people instantly so it may take a little time for Valve's system to identify and lock out offenders.
We're implementing additional server-side validation that should curb some of the speed-hacking cheats we've seen.
Player reporting tools are in the works to allow you to report suspected cheaters or bad people in general. For now we are relying on community reporting and metrics investigation.

We take this issue very seriously and are working daily with Square-Enix and Valve to make life very difficult for these people using third party tools to gain an unfair advantage. We appreciate your patience while we sort things out.

Severix
8th Jul 2014, 00:06
Just knew this reply was coming :). Well i have had my suspicions, so i researched to confirm my presumptions.

I'm 30 years old have been Fps etc gaming for 15 years, i'm well aware that there are people more skilled than me, but experienced enough to know when something isn't right.

Thank Bazielim.

Squigiligimous
8th Jul 2014, 05:50

Yes because clearly only suspicious people look into negative things *end snark*. Seriously don't even bring that sort of discussion into this. On the whole I think cheating appears to be down but I've run into at least a few in the last two weeks that made my suspicious activity detector flag pop up.

flyklm
8th Jul 2014, 07:44
Yes because clearly only suspicious people look into negative things *end snark*. Seriously don't even bring that sort of discussion into this. On the whole I think cheating appears to be down but I've run into at least a few in the last two weeks that made my suspicious activity detector flag pop up.

My comment was dictated by curiosity, I didn't mean to accuse anyone. I've been playing online since 2000 and it never occured to google cheats for games I play. Also, even if you found links to software claiming to be Nosgoth hacks, it doesn't really prove anything - internet is as full of lies and peniz enlargements, as night is dark and full of something something. Peace.

FireWorks_
8th Jul 2014, 08:49
Any anti-cheat running on this game? Just wondering, a quick nosgoth hacks on google shows some sites with hacks.

Best try out yourself and send them money. Make sure you grab the trojan/spyware included in most packages, its kind of a nice suprise! If the NSA already knows you so well, why not let the hack programmers do so or be part of their botnet? Also, being part of the botnet can sustain long after you got VAC banned :D

I love my arctic summer nights, the darkness feels pretty undark then.

Qhorin
8th Jul 2014, 10:38
I've been accused of hacking before, but most of the time it'll be because I'm oddly glitching around because of lag. So I strongly recommend not throwing around bans without some decent evidence because this game's just too damn fun to lose just like that :)

Scourgefrost
10th Jul 2014, 07:22
I don't think im interested in continuing to "test" this game. as of late im sick of getting put in lobbys that have very very rude people or in situations were the opposite team is using a bot hacking program to know exactly where everyone and everyshot hits. I'm finished playing this game for awhile. :( Those should be addressed though.

lucinvampire
10th Jul 2014, 11:20
I don't think im interested in continuing to "test" this game. as of late im sick of getting put in lobbys that have very very rude people or in situations were the opposite team is using a bot hacking program to know exactly where everyone and everyshot hits. I'm finished playing this game for awhile. :( Those should be addressed though.

The best thing you can do is note the usernames and then report them to the SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) - they will then get investigated - there is currently VAC in the game but some people seem to be getting through it...

Squigiligimous
10th Jul 2014, 13:40
The best thing you can do is note the usernames and then report them to the SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) - they will then get investigated - there is currently VAC in the game but some people seem to be getting through it...

Nah it's not likely VAC is letting them get through. Vac is delayed in it's response before it perma bans to ensure that they can't make iterative changes trying to figure out -what- it's looking for.

FireWorks_
10th Jul 2014, 13:41

Is the possible reason you meeting very very rude people, that you are joing "Team Death Match" while you should be playing "New Recruit" mode? Newbies spoiling matches for all 7 others are pretty often a reason for people asking them to leave.

That you think to see hackers while you have low understand of the game, seems to fit the picture of a noob too proud to learn and join a mode specific for that.

That should be addressed, agreed.

Leron92
10th Jul 2014, 15:38
Is the possible reason you meeting very very rude people, that you are joing "Team Death Match" while you should be playing "New Recruit" mode? Newbies spoiling matches for all 7 others are pretty often a reason for people asking them to leave.

That you think to see hackers while you have low understand of the game, seems to fit the picture of a noob too proud to learn and join a mode specific for that.

I had to stop playing Scout cause i was accused of cheating by every level 1-15 i was encountering. Apparently being able to aim in a shooter makes you a cheater nowadays.
I think low levels shouldn't even have the option to play out of the "New Recruit" matchmaking so they can understand the machanics better without being "bullied" by high levels with good knowledge (and supposedly better aim due to experience) of the game. I'd rise the new recruit status to level 15 too.

Scourgefrost
11th Jul 2014, 09:14

First off, i'm not a new recruit and i can't use it because im maxed lvl, second that feels pretty rude calling me a noob when you may as well be yourself, and third yes i've seen players who've distinctively shown signs of hacking minor and major. So get that fact straight. Don't come in here being mr hotshot because you "think" you know yet you don't, if you've played on a few matches in my games then you'd know i've had my team mates going nuts on our team chat yelling how they're literally hit by a bomb that falls exactly on them by a hunter or being sniped through the smallest hole of a wall with no aim to a headshot. i'm not speaking for myself here i know several people have had this issue.

Just knew this reply was coming :). Well i have had my suspicions, so i researched to confirm my presumptions.

I'm 30 years old have been Fps etc gaming for 15 years, i'm well aware that there are people more skilled than me, but experienced enough to know when something isn't right.

Thank Bazielim.

Agreed

FireWorks_
11th Jul 2014, 09:41
First off, i'm not a new recruit and i can't use it because im maxed lvl, second that feels pretty rude calling me a noob when you may as well be yourself, and third yes i've seen players who've distinctively shown signs of hacking minor and major. So get that fact straight. Don't come in here being mr hotshot because you "think" you know yet you don't, if you've played on a few matches in my games then you'd know i've had my team mates going nuts on our team chat yelling how they're literally hit by a bomb that falls exactly on them by a hunter or being sniped through the smallest hole of a wall with no aim to a headshot. i'm not speaking for myself here i know several people have had this issue.

I apologize, I got carried away in the last part.

The poster above you shows what I meant though:
Most hackers are only in the mind of the victims. And there are a lot of victims in the F2P games. I get called a hacker enough times with my relativly low skill. A kid with half my age and his reflexes must be a monster in the head of some.

The only player I met Id see as possible hacker had the same name as a pro-gamer I know for over 7years now from very competitive, high skill shooters like ET and now DB. It didnt occur to me to at that time though and I didnt ask him and reported him instead. A private profile on steam raised a flag for me.

That your team goes nuts is not proving much, but an extended confirmation bias. It could be, could be not. Would be lovely to see a server demo recorded and actually judge.

RainaAudron
11th Jul 2014, 09:44
Please remember our ToU no. 6 (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?a=1#rule6) to "Treat members and their opinions with respect." Thank you.

Eversor_Assassinorum
21st Jul 2014, 08:14
Come across some suspicious players that seem like they have "Too good of aim?"

I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one that questions some people.

Vampmaster
21st Jul 2014, 08:50
As someone who mostly plays single player action-adventure and RPG console games, yes. However, experienced (and even average) members of the "glorious PC master race" are just that good.

AlexPowerUp
30th Jul 2014, 20:48
I've been playing Nosgoth since yesterday and everything was fine in the New Recruit queue, but when i leveled up to 10 and playing in the TD one, the only players i've been playing with are all hackers (they were all in the enemy team because i am playing with 3 friends). We know for fact that they are hackers because they detected our invisible Deceiver, they aim PERFECTLY to out Sentinel and they know where we are all the time. Now, a question. How can I report those players who cheat? I didn't see any report button or something in the UI, so I want to know how to get those hackers out of the game.

Thanks.

FireWorks_
30th Jul 2014, 20:55
Look up what confirmation bias is...

Sanguise23
30th Jul 2014, 21:21
LOL, yeah some people are just awesome, not that hacking is impossible.

Razaiim
30th Jul 2014, 22:14
Vampire movement is actually quite predictable, to the point where more skilled players can track you even if you are out of sight. And hitting a target in Nosgoth with human weapons is much easier than in most pc fps I find (especially since headshots don't exist in this game), so veteran pc gamers have less of a learning curve in that regard.

AlexPowerUp
30th Jul 2014, 22:17
LOL, yeah some people are just awesome, not that hacking is impossible.

It's called aimbot and wallhack. And yes, it's possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIV2UsVklL8

FuzzyFunky
30th Jul 2014, 22:41
Well there are some known hacks out there but also a lot of good players, as for the Deceiver you can still be spotted while invisible just need to look for the signs Phase the outline and sound, Disguise invisible before you change people can track you by your footprints. Also not sure if its a bug right now but after last update while invisible if you get hit once your health bar shows up so they can track you and camo Scout. If I remember right they are working on adding a report button soon though cant remember where I read that at.

Vytaftas
31st Jul 2014, 10:49
I think it's not that easy to spot hackers in this game, you can't really see an aimbot unless you have some suspicion and spectate a player (you can't do it in this game, only from far away), or they can just have an esp (wallhack) turned on, and you will never know.

Sanguise23
31st Jul 2014, 15:45
It's called aimbot and wallhack. And yes, it's possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIV2UsVklL8
I said it was possible, but some ppl are just that good.

MostBlunted
1st Aug 2014, 09:34
Questions to the good players:

Do you make about 16k-18k damage every game when playing as human (hunter)? Even if you are on the loosing team?

FireWorks_
1st Aug 2014, 11:37
Questions to the good players:

Do you make about 16k-18k damage every game when playing as human (hunter)? Even if you are on the loosing team?

Yes i definitly do. On the losing team often even more as im the only one even doing damage, 25k is not a challenge.

As hunter thats very likely even for mediocre players. Alch, scout and proph are a bit harder but doable too.

Rule of thumb:
The better your mates, the less damage you (can) do.

Nyodin
5th Aug 2014, 05:04
We are going to need a way to report players who have been hacking the game. I was playing today and had a player who could shoot explosive arrows like machine gun fire, at least 4 or 5 shots a second. And the other night we had someone who was using some sort of aim-bot. He could shoot us through walls from across the map even in mid leap. It's gotten bad enough to where 1 in 7 or 8 games I play someone is using a blatantly clear hack and 1 in 5 games where hacking is suspected but not confirmed.

Gugulug5000
5th Aug 2014, 08:15
So I bought a founder's pack a while back to get one of my friends into the game, and just recently ended up buying the Humble Bundle, which includes Nosgoth. I still have a few of my keys to give away, but now, thanks to Humble Bundle, I also have a veteran's pack. So my question is this: what would happen if I redeemed the Nosgoth Veteran pack to my account as well? Would I get the extra gold and the booster on my account? Can I even do it? I've already gotten most of my friends into the game, and since I still have two more keys (and 5+ friends who still have most of their free keys) I don't think I'll be hard pressed to get another friend into the game. Seeing as the next two classes are being teased now, I think I'd just rather have the extra gold on my account. So could anyone tell me what would happen if I redeemed a second founder's pack to my account?

lucinvampire
5th Aug 2014, 09:22
You should be able to apply your Veteran pack to your SE/Steam account as when you buy additional packs if you already have the game, therefore it should apply you all the stuff that goes with it.

Voxyld
5th Aug 2014, 10:07
That's odd, i'm level 40 with 244 hours of play and i NEVER encountered a single player who was hacking. Guess it's just a matter of luck ?

FireWorks_
5th Aug 2014, 10:58
This is the post for the reporting procedure:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293

Out of curiosity, where do you play? On the EU servers, I havent seen a hacker in many weeks. (Besides being called one :P)

DesolatedMaggot
5th Aug 2014, 12:16
http://youtu.be/aXqd7bW1Hf4

The video is poor quality (was messing with my encoder settings and forgot to change them back for this), but it clearly shows what it needs to. I have already reported him on steam, but felt it should be here somewhere too. Seems to me he's not just running at stupid speeds, but also firing that Siege Bow with a similar rate.

lucinvampire
5th Aug 2014, 12:27
The video is poor quality (was messing with my encoder settings and forgot to change them back for this), but it clearly shows what it needs to. I have already reported him on steam, but felt it should be here somewhere too. Seems to me he's not just running at stupid speeds, but also firing that Siege Bow with a similar rate.

Please report any hacking/suspected hacking using the information on this thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293).

Hmm it's interesting how people are getting through the VACs.

Sanguise23
5th Aug 2014, 13:42
i've seen hackers but rarely and its also been weeks for me

lawlbear
6th Aug 2014, 13:37
Found two speed and esp hackers on nosgoth today. I had recorded them but sadly the video didn't record. Anyways hope you guys can investigate, and sorry if this isn't the correct area.

<steam profile name removed>

FireWorks_
6th Aug 2014, 14:35
Found two speed and esp hackers on nosgoth today. I had recorded them but sadly the video didn't record. Anyways hope you guys can investigate, and sorry if this isn't the correct area.

Check out this post for the procedure of reporting players:

Hope you still got their ID

Saikocat
6th Aug 2014, 19:59
With the way VAC is set up, it doesn't necessarily ban people instantly, but it will catch them. Glad to hear people are encountering less cheaters, if you do run into something suspect, do report it to Support (per the above linked thread) so they can investigate.

Damloz
12th Aug 2014, 07:00
This morning i found a clear case of hacking when a player lvl 19 using Hunter with the nickname [redacted] was hitting our team for 100% accuracy even from distances of 3/4 of the map.

I just warn you, fix the cheating things. This cheat, aimbot, is not the only cheat existing. Tyrants charging 90º instantly, Sentinels grabbing while making a 180º instantly, Reavers attacking 50% faster with no boosters at all, people getting instant cooldown reload...

Sometimes I reckon that other players outplay me, but others I find no reason at all for their character behaviours, except cheating.

REPORT BUTTON PLEASE

Victorovich
12th Aug 2014, 08:34
Save video and they will get banned. But If game f2p bans don't help :)

tuningmaster
17th Aug 2014, 23:24
i've been playing games for years,
i really love playing PVP games,
me and friend played a game today and we encountered 2 cheaters/hackers,
i got a lvl 4 account, and one of those cheaters to,
i'm doing on the vampire barely 500 damage in one hit, that guy did over a 1000 in one hit,
as far as i know that barely impossible
the players name was (Mod edit: as stated above by Cat, use the link at the top of the fourm for Support to report these users; please do not accuse someone by name here. Thanks)

let you guys decide for yourselfs what you do

Phytik
17th Aug 2014, 23:37
Stop giving player names if you have no proofs. And if you have proofs still dont write names openly. Report it.

Im lvl 21 and I havent found any cheater yet.
If you do 500 dmg to a vampire in one hit I have to tell you its almost impossible. You need a WarBow and the Vampire has to be high above ground.
About the 1000 dmg in one hit. I guess you fought a Vampire and you died. You then saw 1000 dmg in the statistics. The thing is the statistic doesnt show how much each hit did but the whole dmg from 1 source.
Basically it is possible that you can see 1 Vampire does 10000 dmg to you in the statistic. (he deals for example 500 dmg then he dies, you heal up to full hp. Then he again deals 500 dmg then he dies, you heal up to full hp. etc.)

ViolentSeizurez
18th Aug 2014, 05:27
(Mod edit: Removed pic. Please report to Support via the link on the top of the forums, as Cat outlined above)

Proof of a guy trying to sell mods in game. He was hitting impossible shots on people through invisibility and couldn't be picked up by sentinels

TapxJames
18th Aug 2014, 18:23
I know the rules about posting peoples profiles is for the benefit of the forum and the accused but sometimes I wish I could catch a glimpse. Maybe help disprove or even confirm what other people have witnesssed. As it stands I have a lot of doubt to the claims already. Because as many others have said, I too get accused and threatened about 4 times a day from different people while playing solo or grouped.

Sanguise23
18th Aug 2014, 18:42
I know the rules about posting peoples profiles is for the benefit of the forum and the accused but sometimes I wish I could catch a glimpse. Maybe help disprove or even confirm what other people have witnesssed. As it stands I have a lot of doubt to the claims already. Because as many others have said, I too get accused and threatened about 4 times a day from different people while playing solo or grouped.
Quit hacking then james.....JK, i know your just awesome

Talespin
18th Aug 2014, 20:10
For the first time in a while I actually came across a pair of cheaters. Can someone provide an actual link for reporting players instead of just the Square Enix support page because I can't find anything on there besides contacting by e-mail and I seriously doubt that will accomplish anything. That whole support page gives off a serious Time Warner/Comcast customer service vibe.

BR0sephStalin
19th Aug 2014, 07:11
Huge influx of cheaters recently. Please update the anti-cheat. Game is borderline unplayable. This is coming from a level 40 that knows the difference, not a random noob that has been playing for 5 hours.

daCe_cOrLeOne
20th Aug 2014, 21:22
Lets talk about cheater/hacker. what you will do against them?
would be interested to know!

FireWorks_
20th Aug 2014, 22:37
Huge influx of cheaters recently. Please update the anti-cheat. Game is borderline unplayable. This is coming from a level 40 that knows the difference, not a random noob that has been playing for 5 hours.

Guess I gotta agree, just ran into a speed hack... Sentinel circling the sky in awesome speed looks cool but is not much fun to play against^^

Lets talk about cheater/hacker. what you will do against them?
would be interested to know!

VAC

riccetto80
23rd Aug 2014, 21:27
there are some people who no matter distance and recoil/spread, can hit you always, and who seems to be able to see your bh walls, often, too.

There is an anticheat in this game? if not, when will be implemented?

Ah, my topic was added to this one, i read all of it...

some consideration

1- is BAD you dont have an official topic with info about how report, and what the dev team have in mid about cheat... is also bad there are still no report system ingame...

2- i come from ghost recon olnine, they use vac a time, was almost useless, in the end they develop a internal anticheat...

Vac is kinda weak, old and bad for what i understand...

if you search video about nosgoth cheat on yourtube and restric the search to last month, you will see there are cheat who bypass vac...

more this game will have player, more will be cheater, and more the programmer who develop payd cheat will give theyr attention to nosgoth... and a cheater even if you ban him after only some hour or 1 or 2 days will destroy the gameplay to many many match and to many legit player...

yes i know this is a beta, but you already start to give free week end and offer to buy pack and beta access, you already start to sell this game, even if is still a beta, we are also customers, not only beta tester, and we deserve to be able to play the game if you charge us for it...

so please, give more attention to cheater and to how handle they.

Thirstyone
29th Aug 2014, 10:25
It's the matter of a fact the game is flooded with cheat/hacks plugin/overlay programs but this is not the real problem (all games sooner or later passes through this) . From my point of view the real issue with Nosgoth is the reality-denial mindset: divert attention to things such as VAC issues, isolates cases justifications, and so on explanation-replies to every single report of hacking or cheating activity. So (better soon than late) Psyonix has to work on a solution for this reality.

cmstache
29th Aug 2014, 11:18
It's the matter of a fact the game is flooded with cheat/hacks plugin/overlay programs but this is not the real problem (all games sooner or later passes through this) . From my point of view the real issue with Nosgoth is the reality-denial mindset: divert attention to things such as VAC issues, isolates cases justifications, and so on explanation-replies to every single report of hacking or cheating activity. So (better soon than late) Psyonix has to work on a solution for this reality.

The developers aren't ignoring it. Check out this post: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12899&highlight=cheating. Cheat systems evolve just like anticheat systems, so that it's a back and forth wave. This game is still in development so please be patient. Just because it's not always talked about doesn't mean the developers aren't aware of the issue. If you are suspicious of someone you can always report them, hopefully with a bit of evidence. It takes time to fix issues like this.

Jlferrero
4th Sep 2014, 00:31
Today i was playing with 2 of my friends, Zalbag and Colz...

And i encountered a hacker that had instant skills, he was faster than everyone... less than 1 min game and he was already 11-0...

This is the player hacking nosgoth
<LINK REMOVED>

Here's a screenshot too
<LINKS REMOVED>

Zalbaagz
4th Sep 2014, 00:42
That's True... i cant believe it, its a Closed beta and the Hackers started to appear, he was using Skills without cooldown and he was running and attacking very very fast, and executing in less than 0.5 seg.

<LINK REMOVED>

Please Nosgoth Community... Make strong actions before it is too late, i really love Nosgoth.

FireWorks_
4th Sep 2014, 00:47
Ahm... Your screenshots do not fit to your accusations. The timer shows it is over 4min in the game.

Not sure why your friend would have 5 deaths and 0 damage dealt. Looks like your friend fed that guy to make him look good/bad.

Let me ask you directly: Are you trying to pull off some trolling?

BTW: Name calling is against the TOS, so you might want to anonymize the person you think is doing something wrong and report him via steam.

injiau
4th Sep 2014, 05:36
guess i'm a hack too by those ss

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/531744710541203695/89A09934E0382FB0680E1ED06330DF9CF1A35B97/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562142740854690152/1827BC12D21FC6A00CFA4EABFE8C8719E056A4C6/

lol...

KaininitePriestess
4th Sep 2014, 05:44
I've seen variances that strong, with no hacking at all. And if you just entered the game, it's probably that he was doing really well in a game that had already started when you joined. That happens. You join a match and it's actually in the middle because someone else left.

Hell, I've been the person with a gap in stats that strong before. I had 15 kills once as Deceiver. Other matches, I'm the worst on the team and can't even get a single kill. It's all down to the matchmaking.

OnlyLogic
4th Sep 2014, 06:39
Er.... Let me get in before the devs do, please no posting of players steam IDs with accusatory remarks on the forums. If you wanna shame someone, do it in a support ticket (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001).

lucinvampire
4th Sep 2014, 08:49
To follow on from OnlyLogic's post above and to clarify - please see this thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293) reference the protocol and rules reference reporting hackers/users.

Thank you :)

FireWorks_
4th Sep 2014, 10:32
To follow on from OnlyLogic's post above and to clarify - please see this thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293) reference the protocol and rules reference reporting hackers/users.

Thank you :)

This might be a place to say that the protocol thread should be reworked as the support tells you to submit a report via steam.

raaavage
4th Sep 2014, 20:30
I've played with this [Name Removed] guy, and he is 100% hacking. Speedhack for everything in the game(movement, reloading, attack speed, health stations). He also had a friend named [Name Removed] with him that was hacking. I have it all frapsed.

drft240
4th Sep 2014, 21:17
Yeah, I won't name any names, but my friends and I have seen people using wall hacks or aimbots as well. It can be very noticeable when they instantly flip backwards to shoot you from across the level despite not possibly being able to see you. We have also seen the rapid/instant skill reuse from time to time. Usually we notice it when we all get rapidly bolo'd or hexed by a single player.

Do the devs or mods have the ability to go back to rewatch matches in this game like they do in some other multiplayer games to verify cheating? I was just wondering because I don't like running video recording stuff while I play, but if I could just submit a support ticket with the names and the matches approximate start time then I would report some of these cheaters.

FireWorks_
4th Sep 2014, 21:43
Yeah, I won't name any names, but my friends and I have seen people using wall hacks or aimbots as well. It can be very noticeable when they instantly flip backwards to shoot you from across the level despite not possibly being able to see you. We have also seen the rapid/instant skill reuse from time to time. Usually we notice it when we all get rapidly bolo'd or hexed by a single player.

Do the devs or mods have the ability to go back to rewatch matches in this game like they do in some other multiplayer games to verify cheating? I was just wondering because I don't like running video recording stuff while I play, but if I could just submit a support ticket with the names and the matches approximate start time then I would report some of these cheaters.

It runs VAC so just send the report via steam. Whatever they actually run in the background... I think thats a mystery :)

Dev_Null
12th Sep 2014, 19:41
So... no one wants to ask it? Very well, then I'll do it:

@DEVS: What is being done against hacking and how soon will we see change?

It's a business-breaking issue so my advice is to give your playerbase some answers, and soon, because it could ruin the game before it even officially launches!

MasterZtark
12th Sep 2014, 20:10
So... no one wants to ask it? Very well, then I'll do it:

@DEVS: What is being done against hacking and how soon will we see change?

It's a business-breaking issue so my advice is to give your playerbase some answers, and soon, because it could ruin the game before it even officially launches!

I'm pretty sure the VAC system does not instantly ban a player when it detects them cheating, instead it waits 3-7 days later (perhaps to verify first or maybe it's so the cheater doesn't know exactly what he "did wrong" with his cheat/hack to get caught and what game it was in). If you clearly see someone cheating that doesn't mean they are getting away with it, they could have been flagged for a ban immediately.

Sanguise23
12th Sep 2014, 20:19
not to mention alot of "hackers" are really just good players. Im not saying they all are as ive seen suspicious things, and a speed hack for sure

RainaAudron
12th Sep 2014, 21:52
As Master Zark said, yes http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12189&page=5&p=112873#post112873

Xenofon
18th Oct 2014, 11:30
Hi!

I've recently been encountering people that are obviously cheating, always playing Scout for example and shooting you the microsecond you look around a corner. And if you look around there are a lot of videos about cheats in nosgoth. Are there any plans to counter this?

I understand it's not a priority in the beta but it should certainly be addressed before the game is done.

Either by warnings and bans or by the Titanfall model of only letting them play against other offenders.

Thanks!

Cristari
18th Oct 2014, 12:37
There are already ways to report players.

Be careful of what you think may be a cheater it may just be a good player.
As a Vampire your hit box is massive verses a Bow, Crossbow and Pistol you can also be seen going in a direction and they may be very good at guessing where you are going. They may also of course be using a Cheat to show player position and not necessarily an Aimbot as you don't really need one in this game simply because you just need to point in the general direction of a Vampire to hit them. If you have ever played Sentinel you will see this of course.

PencileyePirate
18th Oct 2014, 16:16
I've recently been encountering people that are obviously cheating, always playing Scout for example and shooting you the microsecond you look around a corner.

This is pretty normal behavior for a skilled Scout ... nothing to suggest they're cheating.

Alldeath
22nd Oct 2014, 00:34
most of us probably came across youtube videos of speed hackers and aimbotters already. its sad really. Today with another friend in a match, there were 2 guys on the enemy team using hacks, mainly aimbot on both vampires and humans'. i did the research about hacks for the game, i came across several videos of people showing off the hacks in games and websites detailing the type of hacks included.

the names are- <removed> and <removed> were the two hackers in our match. (those are their steam names) hackers in games are really starting to get annoying.

warpster69
22nd Oct 2014, 12:01
I really wish admins wouldnt remove names. I want to know who to shame...

cmstache
22nd Oct 2014, 14:28
I understand where you're coming from. Nothing can ruin a great game/match faster than cheaters. My personal feelings is that sometimes shame can be a good deterrent for bad behavior....

However, it's not really our call. The ToS is set by SE, not the forum admins. That being said, most forums have near identical ToS. Not to mention it's just bad etiquette to name someone, whether it's here on a forum, at work with co-workers, or in a conversation with acquaintances.

KaininitePriestess
22nd Oct 2014, 14:28
TBH, I understand why they do. We're not developers with access to the software to actually detect the cheaters officially. I've been accused of cheating before, and I have nothing of the sort on my system. You could shame and harass someone who was innocent all along.

Yes, cheaters exist, but let's not go out and be a vigilante justice mob and make life Hell for everyone we think falls into that demographic.

Sanguise23
22nd Oct 2014, 16:19
TBH, I understand why they do. We're not developers with access to the software to actually detect the cheaters officially. I've been accused of cheating before, and I have nothing of the sort on my system. You could shame and harass someone who was innocent all along.

Yes, cheaters exist, but let's not go out and be a vigilante justice mob and make life Hell for everyone we think falls into that demographic.

QFT, i also have been called a hacker, i was third best on my team at the time and thought it was funny and made me a little proud that my skills could be seen as hacking

Psyonix-Greg
22nd Oct 2014, 18:24
Anticheat system is in progress for Open Beta.

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 02:56
So is there some sort of punitive enforcement if you don't use one? I ask because the attach rate seems to be 1:1, or very near. There are still a few pesky people with ethics who refuse, but we should be able to get rid of them soon.

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 03:01
Was going to reply to this post, then realized it makes no sense whatsoever.

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 03:21
You had to remind yourself what sarcasm was?

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 03:25
You had to remind yourself what sarcasm was?

*failed sarcasm

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 03:26
*sarc-ception

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 03:36
In all seriousness though I've seen accusations of aimbotting thrown around a little bit but have never been close to convinced. Seems like most times it's the usual case of overzealous accusation because someone can aim well and nothing more. I don't even know why anyone would bother to create an aim bot for Nosgoth.

Can't be sure they don't exist either but have yet to see any actual evidence

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 04:10
Once you know the movement patterns it's easy to spot.

Illusa
28th Oct 2014, 04:18
I've seen people use them. I've played enough games to notice it on the human side. But I can say from the vamp side, that is hard to spot because well.. it isn't that hard to aim as a vamp really.

That being said, I also can see a huge difference in aim between ppl using the proper perks and those NOT using the proper perks. As they make a rather stupidly large difference in skill to play the game in terms of aiming and accuracy for certain classes.

-Konf-
28th Oct 2014, 05:11
Sometimes it's easy to spot and cheaters give it away themselves.

In my time I've seen a lot of cheat accusations. There were times I was called a hacker. There were times I suspected people hacking, but then through careful observation confirmed that they were simply good. And there were times where I recorded aim-botters on video and reported them to Square Enix and Steam.

And that is what you should do if you suspect someone - capture evidence, record the time of the incident and follow the instructions on the forum to report such players.

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 05:23

Wow ok. Closed beta games with global player base of 500 are not safe. How sad.

Aggggh
28th Oct 2014, 05:25
It's going to be interesting to see how many people get caught now that we have access to a spectating system. That's not to say it's the most reliable way to catch hackers, but it's the most accessible one. Before that, even blatant aimbotters were pretty hard to catch since all you could do is record between spawns or bait them into obvious shots like across the map kills on an invisible deciever.

Wow ok. Closed beta games with global player base of 500 are not safe. How sad.
Blacklight retribution had hackers 2-3 weeks into closed beta. UE3 games get cheats deved for them pretty quickly if there's even a bit of interest in the game.

OnlyLogic
28th Oct 2014, 05:38
Now that spectator functions are being added, this is something we can actively look for. Psyonix, however, are a reasonably small team and probably won't be able to implement the amazing anti cheat software that larger studios use. Currently they're relying on Valve's Anti-Cheat (VAC) to try and spot these aimbotters. Having said that, something the Psyonix devs CAN do is to simply ban the person if their playstyle seems overly suspicious. Bad hackers really give it away and when they do, report them. Even if they've gotten around VAC, they won't be able to get around Eric ;)

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 06:07
Another thing that would help with the false claims watering down the legit gripes is to get SOME sort of matchmaking system in place.

teams that are 40/40/40/40 vs 18/12/22/1 basically means you have no game. As much as I hate automated team switching, it might be about time, as I see no alternative. The game is premade lvl 40 4 mans vs everyone not having fun.

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 06:17
The game is premade lvl 40 4 mans vs everyone not having fun.

It is not quite this way on Oceanic servers at this stage, have seen it a lot on US though. I don't blame experienced players for doing this to be honest. Playing with people who have no grasp of the basics is fast doing my head in. I only really have fun when I get to play with at the very least one person who actually has a clue, and this pretty much only happens when I party with people I know. 4 mans do tend to clear servers though so that is fun for no one.

Hopefully private servers being available encourages groups of 4 to seek out another team for a decent match rather than just stomping pubs

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 06:25
It is not quite this way on Oceanic servers at this stage, have seen it a lot of US though. I don't blame experienced players for doing this to be honest. Playing with people who have no grasp of the basics is fast doing my head in. I only really have fun when I get to play with at the very least one person who actually has a clue, and this pretty much only happens when I party with people I know.

True

I can count on one hand the number of times in my last 25 games I've had even ONE competent teammate. And the culture is so toxic and juvenile that even (totally honest) being kind and helpfully trying to offer advice to the 0-10-0 on your team is met with venom and bigotry (they just assume you are african, hebrew, and homosexual.)

If something isn't done to break up the gridlock soon this community will make CoD look like polite masters of conversation and etiquette.

As a side note, in those 25 games I've seen ONE item drop... and it was a **** 3 day item for a class that player didn't use. In over 400 games for myself I have yet to see an item drop. This rate has to be increased dramatically, to maybe reduce some of the anger out there.

Khalith
28th Oct 2014, 06:33

You know I think I've seen that dude in games, that definitely explains a lot actually, no way is anyone that good at shooting inherently. It's a shame that folks resort to botting as the only way to win, cheats are for single players games!

Unrelated, that song playing in that vid is actually really good, I want it.

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 09:04
I think it's all related.

Bad matchmaking makes people who are normally just poor sports into cheaters. Using an outdated/cheap engine makes cheats easy to produce and use. Near non existent item drops (during an event about special item drops) makes everyone act even ****. And pretty soon you have a salty concoction of sadness.

The raw materials are there for Nosgoth to be fun... but damn they are doing a TON wrong to be steamrolling toward open beta.

-Item drop EVERY game
-Better Matchmaking
-Dynamic team swapping
-Dedicated anti-cheating staff

Let's get this back on track shall we?

mauvo58
28th Oct 2014, 10:01
-Item drop EVERY game
-Better Matchmaking
-Dynamic team swapping
-Dedicated anti-cheating staff

Let's get this back on track shall we?

Yes, all this.

Balanced matches are a priority. So put teams on the same server... but stop putting them on the same team on public servers. It's miserable for the rest of us, and they'd have as much fun playing against each other.

Just the suggestion that someone is cheating is poisonous - it makes people quit and it makes others start cheating. It needs to be stamped out. At the very least let us choose not to play with people we think are cheating.

At the moment lots of people quit mid-match because of these issues. You could start measuring this and use it as a metric for how many people are enjoying the matches. Don't punish people for quitting mid-match... make them not want to quit.

RainaAudron
28th Oct 2014, 11:39
Regarding this issue:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12189&page=5&p=112873#post112873

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12189&page=7&p=124518#post124518

Blastin_Foolz
28th Oct 2014, 12:00
Anticheat system is in progress for Open Beta.

Cheers.

Cristari
28th Oct 2014, 12:39
Guys during Beta's and Alphas you are very unlikely to see an Anti-cheat system in please for very good reasons. Firstly they watch people and see how and where they cheat. They gather a lot of info from both the servers and player base to contribute towards this and believe me when I say you are all helping. They will also not release the Anti-cheat system until they are sure it will work then overnight the switch is flipped and it's implemented.

For a lot of games where the engine is released already then there are certain things that are just unachievable and for newer engines the Cheat developers usually have a little bit of work to do. So releasing a anti-cheat system early is a death nail to the game because if the Hackers get their hands on it the quicker they can develop cheats for it.

Personally myself I have no trouble playing this game, I don't cheat or use hacks. I f 'n' swear at the screen a lot proclaiming people cheats but I know that is just my frustration bleeding through. I certainly have had games where I have proclaimed people hackers but I have also had that proclaimed about me.

Relax, enjoy the game and wait for the anti-cheat to come into place.

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 13:59
Part of what prevents people from enjoying the game at present is that they have to endure a ton of this junk, play 100s of hours of games with toxic people and cheaters, and get ZERO item drops.

LegendoftheRise
30th Oct 2014, 06:03
I have encountered aim bots, I sent a copy of the replay to support and reported him via steam. This game will definetly need a ban/report function. Implementing such an in-game item is a delicate process otherwise you will end up with children and angry players reporting everyone that beats them.

Perhaps reporting a player would require sending game file to be reviewed and you can only have so many reports in a time period unless your reports come back valid?

Chillicake
2nd Nov 2014, 13:24
I played against a hacker today. he never missed with the bow. when he played as the tyrant you could not dodge his charge no matter how sharp the turn was. I didnt have fun that game :(

Dioslayer
3rd Nov 2014, 09:50
I've played against several people using Aimbot hacks, of course followed by insults in my direction about my playing ability. The fact that they (Human team) was on one end of the map and I was on the other end,in the sky as my sentinel and darting in an attempt to evade projectiles and pointing out said fact didn't shut them up. These devs need to hurry up and fix these issues or else they risk losing potential costumers due to bad publicity.

Zyrael
3rd Nov 2014, 19:31
Another gorilla in the room is that even if cheating is beaten... Human weapons are too accurate.

They do not drop enough at range, the parabolic weapons (grenade launchers) go too far. And the burst weapons group too tightly.

The most egregious offender is probably the Scout bow tho. They form infinite range, ULTRA high damage laser beams.

Humans should have an advantage out of arm's length... not to the horizon.

Dioslayer
4th Nov 2014, 12:50
Today a sentinel hit a sharp 90 degree turn right after diving thru a a hole in the roof to abduct me, same player was outrunning a charging tyrant., not roll dodging but straight sprint ahead.
This crap is getting old and dank

Snookesson
5th Nov 2014, 02:01
Had a clear aimbotter/wallhacker in a game today named <Name and link removed>
We found however no way to report him.

Explaintaion on where and how is appreciated.

Varulven
5th Nov 2014, 03:35
I was in the same match, this player obviously used an aimbot.

@Snooke: It's not allowed to name and shame players here in the forums .... unfortunately :/

-Konf-
5th Nov 2014, 04:01
@Snookesson
There are no proper ways of reporting a cheater at this point, which is a little upsetting, but all I can do for now it to direct you to this official protocol for reporting players:

What you will have to do is to contact Square Enix Support Centre representative and provide them with the following details (that's what I was asked to provide when I was submitting a report):
1) Time frame of when you spotted the cheater;
2) Cheater's Steam profile;
3) You will be asked to also report the player through Steam (you'll be given directions).

Obviously, the more details you got to point them in the right direction - the better. I even recorded a video evidence of the guy that was running an aim-bot, but it wasn't required. I can' tell you how efficient this process is and how soon it gets results, but for now it seems like the only option we have to report such individuals.

In the meantime, despite the frustration, remember that eventually there will be better ways to deal with this problem. Also, remove the name of the player and the link to the profile as it is prohibited. Just keep that information for your report.

Varulven
5th Nov 2014, 15:25
I already reported this guy through Steam and I hope it isn't for the birds...

Kootkha
7th Nov 2014, 03:41
<LINKS REMOVED>
Hi. Guys, are u planning to do some work against this kind of hacking soft ? According to announcements, you are planning to make a BETA CUP on november 9th. So how u planning to do that fair ? And more, how u planning to get to open beta, while this issues are not done yet?

maresrb
7th Nov 2014, 12:04
This all true i know so player" name: Report Violation ! That's it for now

lucinvampire
7th Nov 2014, 13:13
<LINKS REMOVED>
Hi. Guys, are u planning to do some work against this kind of hacking soft ? According to announcements, you are planning to make a BETA CUP on november 9th. So how u planning to do that fair ? And more, how u planning to get to open beta, while this issues are not done yet?

Thank you for making us aware of the hacks - I have reported them to SE for them to do their thing. Please in future if you come across any report them as per the information in the Protocols thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293). Thank you :)

Arckanis
11th Nov 2014, 18:49
Hello everyone,

Thanks to the possibility of spectating our previous games, I'm sure that I've met a cheater.
So, I'm creating this tread in order to understand the process to report a cheater.

I don't know if we can share our games easily, but I have the archive of the game I'm talking about.

This guy appeared during the second phase as a Hunter. I was playing a deceiver. During the whole game he was able to shoot me from afar while I was invisible. His aim was perfect all the time and his movements to find a new enemy were way too fast...

Moreover, while spectating, you can't see his POV. The only way is to watch as a "Free Cam". Is there any way to report this guy?

Atma-Weapon
12th Nov 2014, 04:17
I've only been playing this game now for less than three days, and I can't join a game without:

A) People screaming "HAXZOR!!" 2 minutes into the game, accusing someone of cheating.
B) Actual hacks/cheats being used.
C) Being called a hacker myself!? (A serious "WTF" to this one).
D) And lastly, an endless flame-fest over people who may or may not be cheating..

This game overall seems pretty damn awesome, but with the lack of security combined with the extreme toxicity of the community, I honestly don't see this game getting its foot too far outside the door. Some serious changes need to be made, and FAST.

xBaseLine
12th Nov 2014, 06:16
Well, to be honest as I started and peoples shot me from miles away I also thought they are hacking and was like what the hell. But now adays im one of thos who shoot from a long distance and can hit quietly good. For sure there are hacker outside, but definitly not that much as ppl complain and call some guys hacker. 19-1, 26k dmg all things i already made.

TapxJames
12th Nov 2014, 06:30
All I've encountered is a buncha poor sports, whiners and people who do not know what they are talking about making these accusations.

Atma-Weapon
12th Nov 2014, 07:11
It's just sickening to try and learn to play a game while every lobby is filled with tireless whiners and non-stop flame wars. It doesn't matter how fun the game is, anything this frustrating to play online won't survive for long.

--Ram--
12th Nov 2014, 10:09
I've only been playing this game now for less than three days, and I can't join a game without:

A) People screaming "HAXZOR!!" 2 minutes into the game, accusing someone of cheating.
B) Actual hacks/cheats being used.
C) Being called a hacker myself!? (A serious "WTF" to this one).
D) And lastly, an endless flame-fest over people who may or may not be cheating..

This game overall seems pretty damn awesome, but with the lack of security combined with the extreme toxicity of the community, I honestly don't see this game getting its foot too far outside the door. Some serious changes need to be made, and FAST.

What region was this out of curiosity? Basically never see or hear about hackers on Oceanic. That said only about 20 people play there.

Atma-Weapon
12th Nov 2014, 18:19
What region was this out of curiosity? Basically never see or hear about hackers on Oceanic. That said only about 20 people play there.

I select "any region" since the player population is pretty low. Having said that, I believe most of the players I see are from NA region.

Xayz711
13th Nov 2014, 17:30
Hello, recently I was able to get a good amount of people to play this game with all the keys I was able to get and they all love this game. About 7 matches in we found someone using aimbot and some way to auto heal their life. Please work on an anti-cheat. This game focuses on balance so much and that just makes this game unplayable. I can't get anyone to play anymore ;n;

Sanguise23
13th Nov 2014, 17:38
Cheaters are not that common on nosgoth, are you absolutely sure it was an aimbot? i know they are out there but most "hackers" are really just amazing players. never seen an auto heal. how much have you played?
PS not saying you didnt see a cheater ;)

Unreal-Tech4-Member
17th Nov 2014, 01:10
Hi guys , the Anti Cheats System works in this way

i played alot of multiplayer Games from Quake 1 , Quake 2 , Unreal Tournamet 3 etc ,and i've made many maps for those games
so i know what i'm talking about .Time ago i modified a Quake 1 and a UT3 maps making a wall invisible ( just for try )
when you start the map :
The Server Check every file in the folder before start the map , if some files have been modified, the server checks. the size and the date of these files, the map does not start, once I remember i saw in quake3 a guy who ran like a fool, it seemed speedy gonzales. was clearly a trick :) every file have been checked

the server does the check, even while playing (depending on how you set it)
the cheater, not going to last and will be put out.

long after , it was invented Punkbuster system , Ubisoft Games use alot of this , but also that the system has been exceeded.

Cheating is not nice ,what kind of satisfaction you take if you know you're cheating ? i know people cheat in life too..:)
? it depends on the confidence that you have with yourself ,I can not lie to myself , if I have to win. I have to win rightly. or i do not consider it a victory.

Wolf_the_Legend
17th Nov 2014, 07:00
hopefully they ban their real accounts too (If they are useing hacks) ... because these are obvious smurfs ...
it also could be one angry US top team (I mean they have names like "EU players are *curse word*"; and getting called a cheater because of their good aim), then they probably aren't cheating ;)

inappropriate names anyways^^

chriZor
17th Nov 2014, 07:24
Hi RenegadeEffect!

I know these guys - i dont think they need to hack to beat any of these Quick-Matches hard. You need to know that "following enemy movements behind walls" and "very good aim" are two of their skills.

but yeah, give us the files.

you find them here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Demos\Archive
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/archivehd3p7ck5ys.jpg

and upload:
http://www.filedropper.com/

Malkev
15th Dec 2014, 00:06
Well, the question explains itself.

-Konf-
15th Dec 2014, 04:50
Hi,

From what I know the only legitimate way to do so at the moment is to follow the steps outlined in the protocol here:

You'll have to manually raise a ticket with Square Enix support, and the information they'll ask is as follows:
1. Steam profile of suspected person
2. Time and additional relevant information of the game where you think they were hacking
3. Additionally report them through Steam (instructions on how to do so will be provided)

At the time when I was reporting a hacker I even suggested to provide a video footage that I recorded, but it wasn't necessary. I also can't tell you how long it will take or how effective it'll be, as my case seemed to take a long time to get actioned (I'm not even sure how to check the outcome to be honest), but that's the only way to report a cheater so far.