PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

Kodaemon
22nd Sep 2010, 06:48
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113708

To all new, and all returning members, consider this a reminder/only warning, any violations of the ToU are going to be cracked down upon in a harsh fashion from now on. This includes insults or negative comments that serve are not constructive. This also includes tag edits, for those of you who think yourself sly.

Consider yourself warned.

I would like to get a clarification as to just what the heck "negative comments that serve are not constructive" means, and not just because the phrase is broken. What are we allowed, what are we not allowed? Just know I will not pretend there aren't some things which suck about DX:HR. If you expect me to, then you can ban me straight away.

EDIT: Also, constructive criticism doesn't serve anything anyway here, Dugas already admitted they're just ignoring us.

Marses
22nd Sep 2010, 07:01
And what, pray tell, sucks about a game that hasn't been released yet? That they went in a different direction than you wanted?

Arrogance, thy name is Kodaemon.

NKD
22nd Sep 2010, 07:04

I would like to get a clarification as to just what the heck "negative comments that serve are not constructive" means, and not just because the phrase is broken. What are we allowed, what are we not allowed? Just know I will not pretend there aren't some things which suck about DX:HR. If you expect me to, then you can ban me straight away.

EDIT: Also, constructive criticism doesn't serve anything anyway here, Dugas already admitted they're just ignoring us.

I think he's talking about the sort of sarcastic flames and stuff, not people reasonably explaining what their problems are with aspects of the game. It might be useful if they could give people a couple examples of what is appropriate and what isn't, so folks know where the line is.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Sep 2010, 07:06

I don't know what he meant by that either, but I doubt it has to do with voicing your concerns about the game. I image he was mostly on about personal attacks and stuff like that.

We do need some clarity, though. :hmm:

Kodaemon
22nd Sep 2010, 07:08
I just hate this sort of vague threats, because they give way to power abuse.

avenging_teabag
22nd Sep 2010, 07:17
I don't know what exactly they mean, but the "Severe Punishment" thread stickied on top really weirded me out. Do they have a virtual s&m club hidden away somewhere?

Kodaemon
22nd Sep 2010, 07:21
You don't want to know what they do there with leaf blowers.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Sep 2010, 07:49
To clarify, read the ToU, particularly rules 5, 6 and 10.

Personal attacks, including snidey remarks and name-calling are not allowed. We've received a lot of reports lately, so we need to deal with the situation.

PS. Constructive criticism of the game is allowed, of course! Slam posts are not.

Any other questions before I close this thread?

Kodaemon
22nd Sep 2010, 07:57
Any other questions before I close this thread?

Did I say something about power abuse? :rolleyes:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Sep 2010, 08:02
Did I say something about power abuse? :rolleyes:

I rest my case. You even ignore the explanation as if it never mattered in the first place.
You seem to enjoy creating 'drama'.

For the record, Kodaemon, this thread is against the rules - you contact a moderator or Admin via PM if you have a query about the ToU. Even your thread title is ridiculous. This situation isn't censorship, it's upholding the rules of the forum for the benefit of the entire community. Also, your last comment about Dugas 'ignoring us' is a fairytale because he never ignored us... they listened, then they made decisions. Distorted facts cited as truth aren't welcome either.
Get the idea now?

Any further questions, PM a mod.