PDA

View Full Version : Game refuses to update.

xBlackWolfx
21st Sep 2010, 04:43
I had the game installed before and played it through, twice. But my computer got infected by a ransomware and had to be fixed. Now no matter what i do it refuses to update so i can play it again. It's been doing this for months. It's run on this computer before perfectly fine so i cant fathom what could be wrong on my end, and yes i made certain my firewall isnt blocking it.

It does go through the update process, the bar even fills up all the way, but the instant the blue bar finishes filling it tells me that it couldnt find an update. It gives me an error code, which i cant remember right now but when i looked it up it's apparently an error that only comes up on foreign-language versions of the game or something, which makes no sense.

I've asked for help several times already and havent gotten one single reply. I would really love to be able to play this game again and finish all the challenge modes for once.

Cant anyone help me?

Marcus
21st Sep 2010, 09:23
Try using this update instead of getting it via GFWL:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538

If that doesn't work - what do you mean when you say that your computer had to be fixed? Full format and reinstall of OS?

xBlackWolfx
21st Sep 2010, 16:03
not sure exactly what they did, but they had to do a data transfer after they wiped out my harddrive. they told me i got increadibly lucky they were able to recover anything at all. they believe it was bc i was able to slam off my computer the instant the ransomware came on. this was months ago.

xBlackWolfx
21st Sep 2010, 17:16
i just tried the download. it keeps saying that it's corrupt. i've re-downloaded it several times but it makes no difference.

Marcus
21st Sep 2010, 17:30
Are you sure that your computer is back to being fully functional? If the recovery service didn't do so, I think you should definitely backup your data, then do a full system format and reinstall.

xBlackWolfx
21st Sep 2010, 17:36
Are you sure that your computer is back to being fully functional? If the recovery service didn't do so, I think you should definitely backup your data, then do a full system format and reinstall.

i'm pretty certain yes. this is the only issue where it's been screwing up. i had a similar problem when i first got the game (got it as a christmas gift but wasnt able to play it for two months). this issue however was bc my router was blocking the download.

i could check that again perhaps, but i dont know how. and besides i dont see how my computer messing up could affect our router, we have two computers hooked up to that router and the other one had no problems around that time (it is now but i cant remember what caused it...).

xBlackWolfx
23rd Sep 2010, 21:48
here's the wierd error message i keep getting, this is after i let it sit and update for a while. as soon as the blue bar filled, it gave me this and i took a screenshot. this is after i decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. the update thing i downloaded btw still isnt working.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/ShadowSoul_/batmanerrormessage.jpg