PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jensen's Skins?

AlexOfSpades
20th Sep 2010, 22:56
Hello c:~

If there was one detail of the first Deus Ex that really made me happy, was the possibility of changing JC's skin, ethnicity or whatever you call it:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9555/jcs.png

Based on this, i'll present two questions!~

First, which one you always chose?

And second... *drums*

Will be Adam Jensen customizable as JC were in the first game?

I hope so!

Personally i always chose the Albino JC. He looked very.. mysterious, a cold born killer. Ready to kick Manderley's ass against his orders.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Sep 2010, 22:57
If you check the FAQs thread, you will see that AJ is not customisable.
I can happily live without this feature.

EDIT: Actually, it's the lack of gender change that has been confirmed. My bad.
So, yeah, we might be able to customise AJ, in which case I'd probably choose default.

NKD
20th Sep 2010, 22:59
Who is the guy in the OP. That's not JC Denton.

luminar
20th Sep 2010, 23:03
I know! I really want to be an albino adam!

AlexOfSpades
20th Sep 2010, 23:09

So, yeah, we might be able to customise AJ, in which case I'd probably choose default.

Dont be my bringer of bad news, immortal Lady!

Also, how could you live happily without the feature of Silverhaired Adam Jensen? ):

Oh, quick thing: That's a picture from the HDTP Deus Ex, not the regular one. That's why they look so different

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Sep 2010, 23:15
Dont be my bringer of bad news, immortal Lady!
Also, how could you live happily without the feature of Silverhaired Adam Jensen? ):

I apologise. :o
But not bad news - we just don't know yet.

I'm impatient, I guess. After firing up, I'll just want to get inside the game itself.

Dead-Eye
20th Sep 2010, 23:19
Deus Ex 4 should have a girl protagonist. With no ability to play as a male. Like Selene from Underworld: http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/horror_reader_album/underworld-4.jpg
Shes basically the female JC Denton.

luminar
20th Sep 2010, 23:23
Deus Ex 4 should have a girl protagonist. With no ability to play as a male. Like Selene from Underworld: http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/horror_reader_album/underworld-4.jpg
Shes basically the female JC Denton.

One improvement introduced in IW. Selene? In apearance, but not so much in personality.

Dead-Eye
20th Sep 2010, 23:26
One improvement introduced in IW.

..but you could play as a male... I'm saying no ability to play as a male. It makes story branching simpler on the developer and allows them to explore and expand the female prospective.

Selene? In apearance, but not so much in personality.
Well she was also a vampire.. and that has no place in Deus Ex, I believe. :scratch:

FrankCSIS
20th Sep 2010, 23:29
allows them to explore and expand the female prospective

If this prospecting is anything like my female playthrough of Fallout 2, I should be able to play DX 4 without killing anyone. Sleeping my way through thugs and bosses will require another kind of M rating, however.

Dead-Eye
20th Sep 2010, 23:33
Sleeping my way through thugs and bosses will require another kind of M rating, however.

..and she will be bisexual as to not infringe on sleeping with non-male bosses! Also to rake in cash from perverted old men. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Sep 2010, 23:35
Well she was also a vampire.. and that has no place in Deus Ex, I believe. :scratch:

Her outfit is still gorgeous though, so who cares? :D

Dead-Eye
20th Sep 2010, 23:37
Her outfit is still gorgeous though, so who cares? :D

..wait she has a personality?

Mindmute
20th Sep 2010, 23:42
To be honest, rather than remind me of a female JC that image just made me want to replay Bloodlines. Again.
This one's on you, Dead-Eye!

azarhal
21st Sep 2010, 00:12
Having different shade for Adam's skin might be a bit risky, with today's level of details changing the color might look weird, unlike in the old game. Maybe, somebody could try to photoshop a screenshot or promo material to see what he could look like?

And I always chose default.

Deus Ex 4 should have a girl protagonist. With no ability to play as a male.

I'm all for a female protagonist only in the next game. I also had that idea, but Selene wasn't my choice of "look-alike".

Angel-A
21st Sep 2010, 00:28
I liked the skin color feature; would love to see it in HR. :thumb:
I go for default, but when I was younger I would choose the albino skin so it was different from the one that my brother used (default). Albino certainly is cool looking (I remember we used to think it was "old" skin, never occured to us it was albino. Ha.).

High Definition Texture Pack mod. GOOGLE, DO YOU HAVE IT?

AlexOfSpades
21st Sep 2010, 00:29
Actually i say albino just because of that picture.

I thought it was Inuyasha Denton.

NKD
21st Sep 2010, 00:32
High Definition Texture Pack mod. GOOGLE, DO YOU HAVE IT?

Weird. It didn't change the JC model for me. The only NPCs that looked different were, I think, Gunther and Nicolette?

AlexOfSpades
21st Sep 2010, 01:03
Weird. It didn't change the JC model for me. The only NPCs that looked different were, I think, Gunther and Nicolette?

JC comes in the full version...

... which isnt available and apparently will never be. o.O

Dead-Eye
21st Sep 2010, 01:48
... which isnt available and apparently will never be. o.O
That's not true at all. The animation system in the old engine is weird. It requires each frame of animation to be rendered out as separate models. It also requires everything to be an editable mesh that cannot have a character rig. Meaning that every frame of animation needs to be animated by it's individual polys. No helpers, no bones, no nothing. Just polygons that all need to be moved one by one until you get the desired look.

The HDTP team just underestimated the difficultly of said task. That or there was an easy solution all along and they just don't know about it.

Edit: Or maybe there is a conspiracy that they will not release it until DX3 is released. That way they can attract a bigger audience.

FrankCSIS
21st Sep 2010, 01:57
remember we used to think it was "old" skin, never occured to us it was albino.

Ha! So did I! I made a runthrough playing "old" JC, and meeting up with "old' Paul was a riot.

Dead-Eye
21st Sep 2010, 01:59
^^ Sept Morpheus tells you you're still 23. I know, I did a play through as Albino JC, thinking he was old, just to see if Morpheus would say I was older.

IdiotInAJeep
21st Sep 2010, 05:33
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

lithos
21st Sep 2010, 09:10
I love how "Ginger" is a separate race.

NKD
21st Sep 2010, 09:26
I love how "Ginger" is a separate race.

I'm pretty sure they are a separate species.

lithos
21st Sep 2010, 11:18
That might explain why the entire game took place at night. So they didn't have to constantly update JC's textures by adding freckles and sunburn if you played the bloodnut.

Xenoc
21st Sep 2010, 11:32

I think its the JC from this up and coming mod...

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

Pinky_Powers
21st Sep 2010, 12:56
I think its the JC from this up and coming mod...

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

Higher res mesh and textures is one thing, but when the artists take away J.C.'s goddamn chin... it's no longer Denton. :(

AlexOfSpades
21st Sep 2010, 14:47
^^

Thought the same when saw him at IW

NKD
21st Sep 2010, 14:58
Higher res mesh and textures is one thing, but when the artists take away J.C.'s goddamn chin... it's no longer Denton. :(

And whats with the bad nose job? Blurrgh.

Dead-Eye
21st Sep 2010, 17:08
It's a pretty good JC interpretation. Too bad HDTP isn't going to be released anytime soon.

Edit: Oh and they already fixed the noise, this picture is just old.

Angel-A
21st Sep 2010, 18:16

I'm more concerned about how J.C. looks like he's 40 years old.

Blade_hunter
21st Sep 2010, 20:32

Adam isn't customizable, they even said they wanted a very iconic character, I think this can respond to your question

Kodaemon
21st Sep 2010, 20:49
If you want to post a pic of JC, don't post a pic of the HDTP model. Same goes for any other character. It's insulting.

Dead-Eye
21st Sep 2010, 21:06
If you want to post a pic of JC, don't post a pic of the HDTP model. Same goes for any other character. It's insulting.
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/wp-content/gallery/hdtp/paul.jpg
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/wp-content/gallery/hdtp/anna.jpg
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/wp-content/gallery/hdtp/nicolette.jpg
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/wp-content/gallery/hdtp/simons.jpg
http://www.offtopicproductions.dreamhosters.com/hdtp/wp-content/gallery/hdtp/gunther.jpg

hem dazon 90
21st Sep 2010, 21:09
I always chose albino

I hope there is Arab Adam

Kodaemon
21st Sep 2010, 21:12
*******. Worst offender is Maggie Chow though - from sexy femme fatale to a denizen of the Planet of the Apes.

Dead-Eye
21st Sep 2010, 21:19
*******. Worst offender is Maggie Chow though - from sexy femme fatale to a denizen of the Planet of the Apes.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5646/maggie5yo5.jpg
... yeah, OK. I agree with you on that one.

Angel-A
21st Sep 2010, 21:42
^LOL WHUT.

...That cleavage window on Anna Navarre is so wrong for so many reasons. It's just... WHY?! *headdesk*

AlexOfSpades
21st Sep 2010, 21:47
Adam isn't customizable, they even said they wanted a very iconic character, I think this can respond to your question

):

Thanks..

):

JC was iconic... but nvm

Maggie Chow looks chinese. I think it fits her perfectly.

There should be more hair for her, thoug

Pinky_Powers
21st Sep 2010, 21:54
The only one of the HDTP models that looks to be a decent interpretation is Nicolette.

Angel-A
22nd Sep 2010, 03:05
The only one of the HDTP models that looks to be a decent interpretation is Nicolette.
Paul is *okay*, Nicolette is very good, and Walton looks effing perfect, IMO. They completely captured his essence.

J.C. should look like on the box... D:
He's not bad, it's just that he looks like he's channeling Agent Smith, here.

pringlepower
22nd Sep 2010, 03:09

The sexy femme fatale vibe ended when she spoke.

Angel-A
22nd Sep 2010, 03:10
The sexy femme fatale vibe ended when she spoke.
MISTAH JAY CEE DENTUN, IN DUH FRESH.

Also, DUH PORICE.

pringlepower
22nd Sep 2010, 03:17
MISTAH JAY CEE DENTUN, IN DUH FRESH.

Also, DUH PORICE.

Which was a shame, because dialogue with Tong and... Ken Lee? I forget his name, the triad leader in the club. Anyways dialogue with them made Maggie Chow seem like a really dangerous, conniving, manipulative person who should be taken seriously and cautiously.

Then she spoke.

hem dazon 90
22nd Sep 2010, 03:17
sexy femme fatale

Dude, she was like 40 in DX

rubiomhs
22nd Sep 2010, 03:27
):

Thanks..

):

JC was iconic... but nvm

Maggie Chow looks chinese. I think it fits her perfectly.

There should be more hair for her, thoug

chinese=/=neanderthal with massive underbite

Fluffis
22nd Sep 2010, 03:29

... and...?

hem dazon 90
22nd Sep 2010, 03:33
... and...?

actually even older

anyway i didn't find her or anyone in DX sexy

Kodaemon
22nd Sep 2010, 04:04
chinese=/=neanderthal with massive underbite

THIS.

Oh, right, I forgot no woman over 30 can possibly be considered sexy.

Dead-Eye
22nd Sep 2010, 04:06
Seems to me the HDTP models suffer from under developed jaws. Just look at the MJ12 trooper:
http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/cutenews/data/upimages/MJ12Render.jpg
His face looks squished just like Maggie Chow.
Personally I think JC looks pretty good though:
http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/cutenews/data/upimages/JCRender.jpg

rubiomhs
22nd Sep 2010, 04:12
agreed. their jc model is one of the few that actually look good. also, they need to revamp those troopers. their design is way too outdated. got to love that pointless femur pad which leaves both knee and shin wide open to attack. oh and the body armor with the pecs built in.

Angel-A
22nd Sep 2010, 04:13
Seems to me the HDTP models suffer from under developed jaws. Just look at the MJ12 trooper:
http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/cutenews/data/upimages/MJ12Render.jpg
His face looks squished just like Maggie Chow.

*vomit*

Pinky_Powers
22nd Sep 2010, 04:33
The J.C. model looks good... it just doesn't look like J.C. :hmm:

pringlepower
22nd Sep 2010, 04:53
got to love that pointless femur pad which leaves both knee and shin wide open to attack. oh and the body armor with the pecs built in.

That more or less describes all of Hermann and Anna's augs.

avenging_teabag
22nd Sep 2010, 07:10
agreed. their jc model is one of the few that actually look good. also, they need to revamp those troopers. their design is way too outdated. got to love that pointless femur pad which leaves both knee and shin wide open to attack. oh and the body armor with the pecs built in.Well, JC's had a six-pack built in, soo... gotta keep up with the latest trends.

I truly don't understand the purpose of all this though. No way they will be able to make DE look actually GOOD to a modern eye, and to me at least, the game's fugly look has become a part of its charm. Besides, isn't it widely accepted among the hardc00rz that graphics don't matter? So, all this work is for what purpose, exactly? Still, it's their time, I guess, gotta waste it somehow.

pringlepower
22nd Sep 2010, 07:24
Well, JC's had a six-pack built in, soo... gotta keep up with the latest trends.

I truly don't understand the purpose of all this though. No way they will be able to make DE look actually GOOD to a modern eye, and to me at least, the game's fugly look has become a part of its charm. Besides, isn't it widely accepted among the hardc00rz that graphics don't matter? So, all this work is for what purpose, exactly? Still, it's their time, I guess, gotta waste it somehow.

And yet yhe hardc00rz go on abuot no AA?

avenging_teabag
22nd Sep 2010, 07:25
And yet yhe hardc00rz go on abuot no AA?
The intricacies of human mind... ;)

TrickyVein
22nd Sep 2010, 14:06
So, all this work is for what purpose, exactly? Still, it's their time, I guess, gotta waste it somehow.

I like this. Mind if I steal it?

avenging_teabag
22nd Sep 2010, 14:36
^ Sure, go ahead

TrickyVein
22nd Sep 2010, 14:38
:D

This message is too short.

Blade_hunter
22nd Sep 2010, 14:45
:eek:

AlexOfSpades
22nd Sep 2010, 14:59
JC is so tough, his six pack goes through the kevlar

Angel-A
22nd Sep 2010, 17:47
^LOL

I think something that's really throwing off J.C.'s face is his nose. It's puny. Look at it!