PDA

View Full Version : Massive Point Loss and SOme Major Giltches

Jedischro
19th Sep 2010, 04:05
I have noticed while playing Lara croft and the Guardian of light, that when you die there is some major point loss, I have died in various levels and notice that the point loss varies from 5000 to 30,000 points, and the major point loss comes on the level The Jaws Of Death, it can vary from 20,000 to 30,000. so what is the story with that???????

Also I have notice and found some major glitches in some levels, for example in the level the Summoning, I dove out of the way of the T-rex and let him pass me and you can still see the tail, but yet he is standing right next to you, or right behind you again, and in the Forgotten Gate, you can not resume control of Lara, until after you have been hit by henchmen, and in the Toxic Swamp after you open the third gate and you destroy the axle to get the ball into the fire pit from time to time the ball will just disappear, especially if you are trying for the reward challenge of 30 seconds or less, and that is what I found so far.

What was Edios and Crystal Dynamics in a rush to get us a new Lara Croft episode while they work on another Tomb Raider for us to play? without making sure this game actually works correctly and does not have any problems or glitches??

I am a die hard Tomb Raider fan and have been playing Tomb Raider since it was first created back in 1996, so Lara and I go back 14 years, and I have never seen a game with these many problems before

So if anyone has any answers or knows what the problem is can you please let me know

Thank you

dambiis
19th Sep 2010, 11:19
every game has glitches.

SE_Cath
21st Sep 2010, 11:44
I have never seen a game with these many problems before
Are you sure you have been playing Tomb Raider since 1996 ? Cause really, glitches happen. Maybe you have the impresison there are more glitches here because this game is more fast-paced.

- The Summoning problem might just be explained by the T-Rex moving fast.
- The Forgotten Gate might be explained by Lara standing on a spear. If you threw a spear at a very low level, you can have the impression that Lara is standing when she is in fact balancing. She won't move or run then.
- The Toxic Swamp issue is very weird. Did the boulder go overboard ? In this case a new one should have spawned at the starting point.

About the points lost by death, I haven't tried to understand how they're counted yet, but I would guess it can vary according to the level of difficulty you chose and if your relic bar is full or not.

Hope this helps ! :wave:

Pulse
29th Sep 2010, 03:04
I am a die hard Tomb Raider fan and have been playing Tomb Raider since it was first created back in 1996, so Lara and I go back 14 years, and I have never seen a game with these many problems before

*cough* Angel of Darkness *cough*

Nemesis296
29th Sep 2010, 17:40
I have noticed while playing Lara croft and the Guardian of light, that when you die there is some major point loss, I have died in various levels and notice that the point loss varies from 5000 to 30,000 points, and the major point loss comes on the level The Jaws Of Death, it can vary from 20,000 to 30,000. so what is the story with that???????

Are you dying a lot? I think you lose 5000 points each time you die. My friend and I managed to get 0 points total on that one fire level because we died so many times.

What was Edios and Crystal Dynamics in a rush to get us a new Lara Croft episode while they work on another Tomb Raider for us to play? without making sure this game actually works correctly and does not have any problems or glitches??

It may be that there are some bugs, but ya know...I played the Xbox LIVE version and my buddy and I didn't really run into a single glitch throughout the entire game. And even if there was some minor bug...it happens. If you don't like dealing with glitches, don't buy the game. And all games have bugs.

Denis..
4th Oct 2010, 14:03
as i said..every game has glitches buuuut...last 4 tomb raiders and gol take the crown