PDA

View Full Version : An Article that changed my life...

Kruxs
19th Sep 2010, 02:23
It's been a while since I been back on these forms. Seems thier was a lot of fanboy hate going around so I did a little soul searching and came across this article. This Article has forever changed my perspective on life and I wanted to share it with you all. It's called: Experienced Points: A Fanboy's Guide to Fanboying. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/8120-Experienced-Points-A-Fanboys-Guide-to-Fanboying) Enjoy.

jtr7
19th Sep 2010, 02:26
Where's the first prerequisite volume: "Fanboys, Hate, and other Fallacies"?

Rindill the Red
19th Sep 2010, 03:06
Yeah, how could this have possibly changed your life, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go read the prerequisite volume, the rewrite, and the printed edition, and then you can have a fully formed opinion on this article. Otherwise, just shut up about it.

lithos
19th Sep 2010, 03:34
I'm fairly certain you would need to have a life first before it can be changed.

Kruxs
19th Sep 2010, 03:47
Yeah, how could this have possibly changed your life, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go read the prerequisite volume, the rewrite, and the printed edition, and then you can have a fully formed opinion on this article. Otherwise, just shut up about it.

Rule 11 on forum posting: You can't post a link to a sarcastic article without having read the entire series (including the re-write and printed versions) or the mighty Chuthulu will eat you intestines (or some jerk on the same forum will tell you to "shut up").

You do realise I was bull-****ting around in my OP and I really didn't have a life changing experience reading this article. I just thought this would be funny since a lot of people on game forums are so uppity about their games and some people will defend it to the point of ridiculousness and others will nit-pick it to death for "not being true to the original". In the end, your gonna buy it or not, so why bother starting these stupid debats and just live and let live.

WildcatPhoenix
19th Sep 2010, 03:53
Here's a helpful tip: some people don't take kindly to someone with 17 total posts coming in and trying to ridicule those of us who have been posting here for years.

That one's for free, comrade.

Dead-Eye
19th Sep 2010, 03:56
You do realise I was bull-****ting around in my OP and I really didn't have a life changing experience reading this article. I just thought this would be funny since a lot of people on game forums are so uppity about their games and some people will defend it to the point of ridiculousness and others will nit-pick it to death for "not being true to the original". In the end, your gonna buy it or not, so why bother starting these stupid debats and just live and let live.
So basically the topic should have been Trolls come out and play.

Edit: I just want to let you guys know that I love this community. It's the things like this thread that just make my day. All the trolling and hating and BS about a game that's really not why we're here. It's great! This is what a Deus Ex fan community should be like. Full of all types of people with different opinions and a lot of trolls. Because we need a high level of troll posts in between good posts. Because we are Deus Ex fans and we like to find the truth in between the lies.

Kruxs
19th Sep 2010, 04:36
Here's a helpful tip: some people don't take kindly to someone with 17 total posts coming in and trying to ridicule those of us who have been posting here for years.

That one's for free, comrade.

You're not serious, are you?

Red
19th Sep 2010, 09:58
Well, that's just the polite way of saying GTFO newfág.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Sep 2010, 12:22

... and vice-versa, of course.

Well, that's just the polite way of saying GTFO newfág.

^
There is no such thing as a polite way to ignore the rules. Those that break them get a ban.

Hope this thread gets back on track.

Pretentious Old Man.
19th Sep 2010, 13:08
Rule 11 on forum posting: You can't post a link to a sarcastic article without having read the entire series (including the re-write and printed versions) or the mighty Chuthulu will eat you intestines (or some jerk on the same forum will tell you to "shut up").

Honestly, there are times when I feel there is No Hope for the modern games world.

(See what I did thar?)

Shralla
19th Sep 2010, 19:37

Wow, looks like somebody struck a nerve. A little butthurt, are we?

Jerion
19th Sep 2010, 19:42
Oh my, no, no hope for this thread.

Shralla
19th Sep 2010, 19:47
There was never any hope for this thread after the second reply. I figured why not hasten its demise. It kind of sucks that a new guy's thread happened like this, but I suppose when there are sharks in the water, you shouldn't try to swim with water wings.

spm1138
19th Sep 2010, 20:38
I lolled.

Good article.

sonicsidewinder
19th Sep 2010, 20:51
Jus tuned in. Whas happenin guys???

Mindmute
19th Sep 2010, 20:54
Jus tuned in. Whas happenin guys???

Someone made a troll thread, then got trolled in his own troll thread and then moderators went "Don't troll in the troll thread" and then Shralla was all like "They trolled him in his troll thread".

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Sep 2010, 21:00
^
LOL. Funny but true. :D

St. Mellow
19th Sep 2010, 21:12
Someone made a troll thread, then got trolled in his own troll thread and then moderators went "Don't troll in the troll thread" and then Shralla was all like "They trolled him in his troll thread".

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/im-confus.jpg

IOOI
19th Sep 2010, 21:30
This thread.... my sarcasm meter aesploded.

Mindmute
19th Sep 2010, 21:32
^ Want mine? I think life could be simpler without one!