PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Eidos Montreal

Th0c21
18th Sep 2010, 18:10
The hype on this game is spreading like wildfire. I'm an avid gamer and surprisingly it took 10 years for me to even HEAR about Deus Ex. Played through the first recently and loved every minute of it. I may be crazy but graphics are NOT that important to me as far as games go today. Yes 10-15 years ago graphics were a huge part because of technology advancements but I think in today's world the 'line curve' of improved graphics has started to flatten out. Crysis is a prime example. The game is 3 years old but is one of the most graphically advanced games of all time. Visually you can't make a game much better. The gaming market has evolved demanding every aspect of what Deus Ex games offer. Giving the player choice in how they tackle an obstacle, great storyline with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat, and solid music score to add emotion to the game are what make these games great. Eidos Montreal, you're in a rare situation here. The market is falling right into your hands . You have the opportunity to make this one of the best games to EVER. Please don't let us down! :thumb:

PS - The new trailer looks amazing!

Deltaslayer
18th Sep 2010, 19:14
sage

AlexOfSpades
18th Sep 2010, 20:22
The hype on this game is spreading like wildfire. I'm an avid gamer and surprisingly it took 10 years for me to even HEAR about Deus Ex. Played through the first recently and loved every minute of it. I may be crazy but graphics are NOT that important to me as far as games go today. Yes 10-15 years ago graphics were a huge part because of technology advancements but I think in today's world the 'line curve' of improved graphics has started to flatten out. Crysis is a prime example. The game is 3 years old but is one of the most graphically advanced games of all time. Visually you can't make a game much better. The gaming market has evolved demanding every aspect of what Deus Ex games offer. Giving the player choice in how they tackle an obstacle, great storyline with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat, and solid music score to add emotion to the game are what make these games great. Eidos Montreal, you're in a rare situation here. The market is falling right into your hands . You have the opportunity to make this one of the best games to EVER. Please don't let us down! :thumb:

You're like me then. Although i've been playing Deus Ex for quite a while.

Just dont get scared when people get hostile at you.

For more paradoxical it may sound, people here in the forums HATE Deus Ex: HR.

Really.

And if you like Deus Ex HR, people hate you too.

Welcome to the forums.

El_Bel
18th Sep 2010, 20:41

For more paradoxical it may sound, people here in the forums are critical of concepts and skeptical because of some signs of Deus Ex: HR.

Really.

And if you like Deus Ex HR, its ok.

Welcome to the forums.

Fixed. Unfortunately we dont like idiots who oversimplify things, like the opinion of an entire community. Yes thats you.

Welcome Th0c21. Its good to see people today like Deus Ex and believe graphics aren't everything. Enjoy your stay, and yup the trailer sure build the hype for lots of us.

AlexOfSpades
18th Sep 2010, 20:50
Fixed. Unfortunately we dont like idiots who oversimplify things, like the opinion of an entire community. Yes thats you.

Welcome Th0c21. Its good to see people today like Deus Ex and believe graphics aren't everything. Enjoy your stay, and yup the trailer sure build the hype for lots of us.

Mmmm.

Compare the people's reactions at the japanese trailer (It got entire pages of trolling about a rocket) and the english trailer (everyone loved it eventhough the rocket is there!).

I dont see much sense there ~ the only difference was the language and the reactions where very, very different.

Do you call that criticising concepts? I call that trolling.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Sep 2010, 21:30
You've both took an opportunity to voice whatever point you wanted to make, so let's leave it at that.
We don't want to see another thread turning into the same old-same old. It gets boring, 48 threads out of 50.

Back on topic please:

The hype on this game is spreading like wildfire. I'm an avid gamer and surprisingly it took 10 years for me to even HEAR about Deus Ex. Played through the first recently and loved every minute of it. I may be crazy but graphics are NOT that important to me as far as games go today. Yes 10-15 years ago graphics were a huge part because of technology advancements but I think in today's world the 'line curve' of improved graphics has started to flatten out. Crysis is a prime example. The game is 3 years old but is one of the most graphically advanced games of all time. Visually you can't make a game much better. The gaming market has evolved demanding every aspect of what Deus Ex games offer. Giving the player choice in how they tackle an obstacle, great storyline with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat, and solid music score to add emotion to the game are what make these games great. Eidos Montreal, you're in a rare situation here. The market is falling right into your hands . You have the opportunity to make this one of the best games to EVER. Please don't let us down!

jd10013
18th Sep 2010, 21:32
I've never agreed with the criticism of DX's graphics. yea, the character models (especially the hands) were pretty bad, but I never thought the objects, background, and so on were so bad. in fact, the first time I loaded the demo I was fairly impressed with the background view of New York city. and if I'm not mistaken, back then things like bump mapping and physics hadn't really been implemented into games yet.

AlexOfSpades
18th Sep 2010, 21:51
It's funny because just yesterday i said to my brother,

"I feel so bad for Eidos because they work so hard to make a game and a lot of people put it down for small reasons... I actually wanna create a thread to say thanks for everything they're doing for us..."

Well...Thoc21 was faster.

pha
18th Sep 2010, 22:32
Pffffft.

Dead-Eye
18th Sep 2010, 23:59

For more paradoxical it may sound, people here in the forums HATE Deus Ex: HR.

Really.

And if you like Deus Ex HR, people hate you too.

Welcome to the forums.

That's not true we have categories of people.
People who like Deus Ex and don't like DX:HRs direction.
People who like Deus Ex and like DX:HR direction.
People who have no idea what Deus Ex is and like Human Revaluation.
And people who hate everything. Also known as trolls.

Pffffft.

Roflmao! :flowers:

AlexOfSpades
19th Sep 2010, 01:53
That's not true we have categories of people.
People who like Deus Ex and don't like DX:HRs direction.
People who like Deus Ex and like DX:HR direction.
People who have no idea what Deus Ex is and like Human Revaluation.
And people who hate everything. Also known as trolls.

Roflmao! :flowers:

Then i'm happy to be wrong.

Psychomorph
19th Sep 2010, 04:00
@Th0c21:
Glad you liked Deus Ex the first, but - I hate to sound pessimistic - I believe you won't get that kind of gameplay in DX3. I hope Eidos will prove me wrong, but seeing the business side of games nowadays suggests it's all about the casual entertainment, not in-game complexity.

Well, let's see...