PDA

View Full Version : Shoot First Ask Questions Later

18th Sep 2010, 17:04
Shoot first ask question last that how most of these so called security guards past
I'm talking about when 47 gets murdered for something small like pick locking a door, they might draw on you but not shoot you in the back of the head. How they going to start shooting and they don't even know for shore without a doubt, cause I'm wearing one of their suits. They should be like "Freeze" or "Hole it right there" something like that before they blow your brains out. A chance for you to press a button so 47 will through his hands up and as they get closer to take him down does some cqc (close quarters combat) on them and take their guns grab as human shield and all that.
There a lot of factors that would cause the guards to be more trigger happy. They could be Cops, Security Guards, the mob or some criminal organization but for the most part know one want to shoot one of their own so they wouldn't just start busting shot at you you would have to at least start running.
So this is with all the Hitman games and if they do something about it on the next hitman than the fights with the guards would be a lot more nice. Your cover gets blow so you grab someone as a human shield shoot the guards and snap your shields neck.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Sep 2010, 19:15
You're asking for a major A.I. improvement ...

Does it sound possible for a IO Interactive game ? ...

19th Sep 2010, 23:54
They definitely can do it along with some other things like making the npc's more responsive. I can see how it would work right now you get spotted in a crowed place like a restaurant. the guards hesitate to open fire cause all the people, 47 just kicks over a table takes cover behind it shoots the guards and hits the exit before the remaining guards close in on him.
You know how they all say "pleas don't shoot" a boss might be like "do what you gotta do" or whatever. To show the different emotions of the people around 47 for example you got a Rookie soldier and a Harden soldier so you gotta show that anger and fear in their voices.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Sep 2010, 10:36
Show fear and emotions ? hell yes ...

One lil thing i was quite disappointed in Blood Money was how none of your targets would scream or act surprised , there was only the poor lad you had to kill in the tutorial who drops to his knees , saying he's sorry, and eventually trying to buy-out 47 by promissing to pay double ...
Shame they didn't do that for other targets in the game ...

Also , the NPC guards are either the bravest cops and special forces to ever grace the earth , or just ******* stupid ...
I mean no matter which weapon 47 is carrying , heavy modified shotguns , assault rifles , handguns , doesn't matter , the guards will always retaliate against you with ... tiny pistols ...

Not even one of them would retreat back to their weapon locker and grab some heavy artilery , no , they would just stand there and shoot you with that tiny gun , not to mention in cowboy poses ...

That needs an improvement ...

20th Sep 2010, 22:58
I agree non of the guards care about living they just keep running right into your bullets like idiots.The NPC guards should have different looks like if they are cops male and female and stuff like that.
As for the targets they should be having conversations with other characters in the scenario instead of just going about a routine just so you have opportunity to kill them, they should use those same opportunity to tell more story like some dialogue between characters.

15th Oct 2010, 16:49
All the different NPC"s should have different characteristics like for example the target of that 47 is hire to kill even when armed and in a gun fight, his response to the situation would be to retreat.
assassins would have their own way to interact in the environment they stalk and hunt you, and they would have to play by the same rules as 47 so if they got caught they would ether shoot it out with the cops or give up.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Oct 2010, 00:25
Other hitmen on the same job as 47 ? ...
Why not , could make things interesting , and extra replay values ...

BigBoss
28th Apr 2011, 03:16
Shoot first ask question last that how most of these so called security guards past
I'm talking about when 47 gets murdered for something small like pick locking a door, they might draw on you but not shoot you in the back of the head. How they going to start shooting and they don't even know for shore without a doubt, cause I'm wearing one of their suits. They should be like "Freeze" or "Hole it right there" something like that before they blow your brains out. A chance for you to press a button so 47 will through his hands up and as they get closer to take him down does some cqc (close quarters combat) on them and take their guns grab as human shield and all that.
There a lot of factors that would cause the guards to be more trigger happy. They could be Cops, Security Guards, the mob or some criminal organization but for the most part know one want to shoot one of their own so they wouldn't just start busting shot at you you would have to at least start running.
So this is with all the Hitman games and if they do something about it on the next hitman than the fights with the guards would be a lot more nice. Your cover gets blow so you grab someone as a human shield shoot the guards and snap your shields neck.

They could have the exact same graphics for all I care, if all they did was work on a more realistic AI for 3 years and added in some new actions you could do, I'd be a happy camper:whistle:

3rd May 2011, 14:01
Thats what we were talking about AI. Nobody said anything about graphics.
but now that you mention it I wouldn't settle for anything than up to date graphics. I mean graphics aren't a big deal to me either but a next gen game with ps2 graphic would just be a disappointment.
So I guess with improved AI would come new actions that the NPC's would use and That would call for more animations. So that could be what you would need better graphic for.