PDA

View Full Version : Walking at TPS?

Vulture
17th Sep 2010, 21:52
I wish the developers would add this.. just being able to walk around at third person camera. The shooting will remain fps.. I know it would require work to add tps shooting mechanics so i'm not demanding it. I just want the animation from walking npc's added as a third person cam.

What do you people think? Are there any news regarding this?

Ashpolt
17th Sep 2010, 22:06
God I hope not. At least, not before they add first person as an option for everything else.

nomotog
17th Sep 2010, 22:10
I wish the developers would add this.. just being able to walk around at third person camera. The shooting will remain fps.. I know it would require work to add tps shooting mechanics so i'm not demanding it. I just want the animation from walking npc's added as a third person cam.

They wont have it.

NKD
17th Sep 2010, 22:25
Maybe they can make this game as terrible as Kane & Lynch while they are at it!

Ashpolt
17th Sep 2010, 22:28
To add a somewhat more constructive comment: You do realise they have third person shooting mechanics already right? As long as you're using the cover system, you'll be in third person, and you can shoot from cover, so bam - third person shooting.

AlexOfSpades
17th Sep 2010, 22:32
Do it like Elder Scrolls.

Press F to change camera.

Done.

The immersive players will keep on first person, the narcisist players on the third.

FrankCSIS
17th Sep 2010, 23:39
the narcisist players on the third.

Bonus points if we can take the clothes off, Fallout 3/Dragon Age style.

Wait what?

lithos
18th Sep 2010, 02:20

Wait, so you want walk around in third person, but whenever you pull the trigger, get pulled back into first person? Really?

Deltaslayer
18th Sep 2010, 02:31
Obvious troll. :(

Gordon_Shea
18th Sep 2010, 02:39
Sadly, even though a lot of people find it much more immersive to play in third person, there's no chance of a third person walking/shooting mode outside of cover, ladders, and all the stuff we've already seen.

Bono
18th Sep 2010, 17:59
Do it like Elder Scrolls.

Press F to change camera.

Done.

The immersive players will keep on first person, the narcisist players on the third.

You do realize that will force them to remake all the levels in the game, don't you.

Geralt z Rivii
18th Sep 2010, 18:26
¿?

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_deus_ex_human_revolution-13803-2038_0011.jpg

AlexOfSpades
18th Sep 2010, 20:38
You do realize that will force them to remake all the levels in the game, don't you.

No i dont.

Why, exactly?

Because the camera would go clipping? Just make it approach your character when the camera touches an object. (Oblivion like)

Because the camera could be used to see corners and so on? Well the cover system also does.

¿?

Wait...

... wait right there...

It might be off topic but is that guy's gun glowing? The one in the floor!?

Slack
18th Sep 2010, 20:41
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/awesome_thread.jpg

PillsAgainstOrders
18th Sep 2010, 21:06
Wait...

... wait right there...

It might be off topic but is that guy's gun glowing? The one in the floor!??

Well yeah - its being made for consoles after all. Theres also one pic where you can see "use able" monitor and some items next to it both having the same highlighting effects.

II J0SePh X II
18th Sep 2010, 21:32
Thet should've done the whole game in third person. Instead of trying to please both camps, they should just try to please me.

Bono
18th Sep 2010, 22:22
No i dont.

Just look at Thief: Deadly Shadows. Look at it's huge huge hallways. There are no narrow walkways in this game, no tiny cracks to crawl through, no little niches to hide in. The objects and especially buttons and levers are ridiculosly big. All this is because the game was done for a third-person camera.

AlexOfSpades
18th Sep 2010, 22:46
Just look at Thief: Deadly Shadows. Look at it's huge huge hallways. There are no narrow walkways in this game, no tiny cracks to crawl through, no little niches to hide in. The objects and especially buttons and levers are ridiculosly big. All this is because the game was done for a third-person camera.

D:

Never thought of that.

You're right actually :S

Imagine deactivating that gas LAM over the corner in the third person.

Fluffis
18th Sep 2010, 23:33
Wait...

... wait right there...

****... you're right. A definite outline around the gun. http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/angry/angry7.gif

jtr7
18th Sep 2010, 23:46
Wait...

... wait right there...

Wait...

...you're being sarcastic, right?

TrickyVein
19th Sep 2010, 00:06
^^ Slack, I've got a pretty low opinion of you right now.

Bad taste. Plain and simple.

Ashpolt
19th Sep 2010, 01:55
Wait...

... wait right there...

Goddammit, you're right. I already noticed the same effect (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1496350&postcount=438) in another shot, but I was hoping that in that instance, it was simply a mission critical terminal, and that's why it was highlighted: but no, unless that's somehow a mission critical gun, it seems that every item you can interact with will be highlighted. Bugger.

[EDIT] In before the next batch of screenshots have enemies outlined, with a pop-up context box saying "Press RT to kill!"

But seriously, I 90% expect this will be the case for the takedowns. Can't expect Johnny Halo to remember the basic controls, after all. Gotta flash 'em up on screen at every opportunity.

TrickyVein
19th Sep 2010, 02:01
In a game-environment where there are surely to be many and varied props, you can understand why they'd want to implement it. Which kind of points to how their design philosophy panders to the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately. It's hand-holding.

Rindill the Red
19th Sep 2010, 03:07

Note his signature... Kane and Lynch fanboiz...

Rindill the Red
19th Sep 2010, 03:10
Goddammit, you're right. I already noticed the same effect (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1496350&postcount=438) in another shot, but I was hoping that in that instance, it was simply a mission critical terminal, and that's why it was highlighted: but no, unless that's somehow a mission critical gun, it seems that every item you can interact with will be highlighted. Bugger.

[EDIT] In before the next batch of screenshots have enemies outlined, with a pop-up context box saying "Press RT to kill!"

But seriously, I 90% expect this will be the case for the takedowns. Can't expect Johnny Halo to remember the basic controls, after all. Gotta flash 'em up on screen at every opportunity.

If you watch the preview you can see that Adam's eyes are augmented... perhaps the outlines around guns and such are the by-product of installing some sorts of vision augs.

Slack
19th Sep 2010, 03:10
^^ Slack, I've got a pretty low opinion of you right now.

Bad taste. Plain and simple.

Don't do that... because I'll cry: what you think of me is the center of my life!
:rolleyes:

Dead-Eye
19th Sep 2010, 04:25

So are they going the highlight the secret bricks on the wall? Man that is just lame.

If you watch the preview you can see that Adam's eyes are augmented... perhaps the outlines around guns and such are the by-product of installing some sorts of vision augs.
And the 3ed person cover system could just be the spy drone. But I still don't like it.

hem dazon 90
19th Sep 2010, 05:30
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/awesome_thread.jpg

Hey that's my job