PDA

View Full Version : DX:HR Tokyo Game Show Trailer - Ask Your Questions - UPDATE: Answers Inside!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Sep 2010, 17:33
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tokyo Game Show Trailer - Your Questions

View the trailer here:
Official Site: http://www.deusex.com/

or here:
YouTube/Eidos Montreal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cq6ZfaWXI&hd=1

You've watched the trailer, so now you can ask your questions!
Kyle, our Community Manager, will come back with answers as soon as he can.

Summary of Questions/Answers:

What are the names of the Japanese voice actors?
Is the trailer dubbed in Japanese just for TGS purposes, or is the full game set for release in Japan complete with Japanese voice acting?
A:
The game will be released in Japan with a Japanese VO.

If so, is this decision a direct result of Square's acquisition of Eidos?
A:
Not necessarily. Square-Enix actually publishes a lot of western games from various publishers in Japan, it’s just that this one happens to be developed by a studio they own.

If so, to what extent -if at all- has this acquisition influenced HR's development, more precisely its story, character design and overall game design?
A:
The game was already late in the development stage when Eidos was acquired by Square-Enix, and so they did not influence the game’s development at all. Actually, Square-Enix’s only involvement so far is in producing the CGI trailers and making the figurines for the game.

Did you re-record certain lines just for this trailer, eg. Barrett: "Well lookie here, we got us a boy-scout."
A:
We recorded multiple takes so that we would have different versions to choose from. We decided to use a different take for this one.

Can we expect another trailer with completely new scenes?
Is the last clip in the TGS trailer inspired by Greek mythology, namely The Contest of Poseidon and Athena for the City of Athens?
http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-god...thena-contest/
In regards to the hole in the ocean, did anyone on the writing/design teams read Stephen Reilly's Ninety East Ridge?

Is the soundtrack of the entire game comparable in quality to the music from trailer? If it is, man/woman/people/EM, you just earned another point from me. And give the guy(McCann) a raise.
A:
YES – the soundtrack is definitely comparable to what you have heard in the Trailers. In fact the Gameplay Trailer uses actual in game music. Earned another point! Sweet ! I hope someone’s keeping score
Regarding Mike’s raise….is this his agent?

Ilves
17th Sep 2010, 17:40
Thanks for the opportunity. :)

- Is the trailer dubbed in Japanese just for TGS purposes, or is the full game set for release in Japan complete with Japanese voice acting?

- If so, is this decision a direct result of Square's acquisition of Eidos?

- If so, to what extent -if at all- has this acquisition influenced HR's development, more precisely its story, character design and overall game design?

Dr_Bob
17th Sep 2010, 17:50
Did you re-record certain lines just for this trailer?

For example: "Well lookie here, we got us a boy-scout."

Xenoc
17th Sep 2010, 17:55
Yet another video with barely any new footage but plenty compiled of old videos myself and the community have watched to death! When will we get to see some ingame footage that lasts more than a few seconds and is in a decent enough format allowing us to watch it?

I mean the leaked footage had some dudes head in the way then we saw some ingame footage but it was all way to dark? What are you guys hiding???

New footage please...

Kodaemon
17th Sep 2010, 18:10
What are the names of the japanese voice actors?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Sep 2010, 18:11
Yet another video with barely any new footage but plenty compiled of old videos myself and the community have watched to death!

Call me morbid if you like, but I'm happy to watch this trailer to death. :p

PS. Added your question, but more politely (if you don't mind): "Can we expect another trailer with completely new scenes?"
The in-game footage question belongs in the other questions thread; and it has been asked. :)

Coyotegrey
17th Sep 2010, 18:15
What are the names of the japanese voice actors?

I have "top men" figuring it out.

Who?

Top...men.

Actually one guy. :)

Busy busy busy here.

jordan_a
17th Sep 2010, 18:38
English version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP7dPPdlk0&feature=player_embedded#

II J0SePh X II
17th Sep 2010, 19:01
Is the last clip in the TGS trailer inspired by Greek mythology, namely The Contest of Poseidon and Athena for the City of Athens?

http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-gods/poseidon/stories/poseidon-athena-contest/

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Sep 2010, 19:16

http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-gods/poseidon/stories/poseidon-athena-contest/

I'm liking this.
You should post this in the 'Hole In The Ocean' thread too. :thumb:

Corpus
17th Sep 2010, 19:17

Who?

Top...men.

Busy busy busy here.

Busy with what? If I may ask. Or will I succombe to re-conditioning once more :(

Kodaemon
17th Sep 2010, 19:42

Who?

Top...men.

Busy busy busy here.

Thanks! :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Sep 2010, 20:25
Yes, thanks Kyle. :thumb:

TrickyVein
17th Sep 2010, 21:30
To clear this issue up once and for all - I'm still ambivalent - does AJ actually ride in a rocket or rocket-like plane into the ocean in the final scene?

Kodaemon
17th Sep 2010, 21:33
I thought it was pretty much confirmed with Anfossi's explanation.

TrickyVein
17th Sep 2010, 21:40
Just found it - I suppose he does then, doesn't he.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Sep 2010, 22:39
Here you go:

HEY!

Wanna know what the rocket is?

From David Anfossi:

"Low-Earth-Orbit Shuttlecraft or L.E.O craft

These are the future in earth travel, but limited to billionaires and corporations because they are so expensive to operate. They enable people to cut down travel time between one city and another by launching into low earth orbit and dropping back down in sync with the earth's rotation. Thus, one can hop from American to China in about half the time it would take to travel by conventional airplanes."

lithos
18th Sep 2010, 03:05
In regards to the hole in the ocean, did anyone on the writing/design teams read Stephen Reilly's Ninety East Ridge?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Sep 2010, 08:29
^
Your question added to the summary. :)

Sabretooth1
18th Sep 2010, 11:57
1. What philosophical/scientific/ideological themes will you be touching upon OTHER than transhumanism?
2. How much reading material is there in the game, compared to the total conversation length? (For eg. 2 lines of dialogue to 4 sentences of reading material being a 1:2 ratio)
3. Is this being planned as a one-shot game only, or is it being prepped up for a franchise, Mass Effect/Dragon Age style?

KSingh77
18th Sep 2010, 19:44
Wheres Sepiroth?

Where are those big yellow chokobos?

How come Adam wasn't riding one while being launched into the ocean?

H.D.Case
18th Sep 2010, 21:41
Is she dead?

Edit: don't tell me, I do not want spoilers :D I just wanted to use the opportunity to use the famous and famous random question :D

Edit2: Not related, but... Why do I get redirected to the main site of the Eidos forums after I log in, instead of this subforum? It is helluva annoying.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Sep 2010, 21:45
1. What philosophical/scientific/ideological themes will you be touching upon OTHER than transhumanism?
2. How much reading material is there in the game, compared to the total conversation length? (For eg. 2 lines of dialogue to 4 sentences of reading material being a 1:2 ratio)
3. Is this being planned as a one-shot game only, or is it being prepped up for a franchise, Mass Effect/Dragon Age style?

These questions should have gone in the other thread.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113445&page=13

This one is specifically for the trailer. :)

Sabretooth1
19th Sep 2010, 04:31
These questions should have gone in the other thread.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113445&page=13

This one is specifically for the trailer. :)

Ah, sorry, my bad. This forum got so big post-E3, I can't figure out what's what anymore. >_<

Red
19th Sep 2010, 10:01
MUSIC:

Is the soundtrack of the entire game comparable in quality to the music from trailer? If it is, man/woman/people/EM, you just earned another point from me. And give the guy(McCann) a raise.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Sep 2010, 22:58
MUSIC:

^
Added.

xsamitt
19th Sep 2010, 23:02
MUSIC:

More importantly ...Will it be included with the Deluxe edition of the game?

singularity
19th Sep 2010, 23:33
Ok -- if done right it can be awesome and spread awareness like wild-fire (Halo 2, Cloverfield, Bioshock 2...) and if done poorly it can just be laughably cheesy. My question is such -- are there plans for viral marketing/ ARGs for DXHR any time in the future? If so, when can we see it launch (or has it already and we're just too busy being elitist asses, torching the gaming industry)?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Sep 2010, 23:38
More importantly ...Will it be included with the Deluxe edition of the game?
I should imagine that only the Deluxe edition would include an audio CD of the soundtrack.

Dead-Eye
20th Sep 2010, 01:59

Who?

Top...men.

Busy busy busy here.

http://whtmtm.ytmnd.com/

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th Sep 2010, 16:26
^
Added to list.

Coyotegrey
28th Sep 2010, 12:52
Ok -- if done right it can be awesome and spread awareness like wild-fire (Halo 2, Cloverfield, Bioshock 2...) and if done poorly it can just be laughably cheesy. My question is such -- are there plans for viral marketing/ ARGs for DXHR any time in the future? If so, when can we see it launch (or has it already and we're just too busy being elitist asses, torching the gaming industry)?

I umm...umm...can neither confirm nor deny the possible arrival of such things.

<_<

>_>

Kodaemon
28th Sep 2010, 13:52
By the way, we've already had something a bit like an ARG here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=87366

'Twas fun :)

Coyotegrey
28th Sep 2010, 17:22
Responses from Steve Szczepkowski, lead audio person on Deus Ex.

Did you re-record certain lines just for this trailer, eg. Barrett: "Well lookie here, we got us a boy-scout."

We recorded multiple takes so that we would have different versions to choose from. We decided to use a different take for this one.

YES – the soundtrack is definitely comparable to what you have heard in the Trailers. In fact the Gameplay Trailer uses actual in game music. Earned another point! Sweet ! I hope someone’s keeping score :)

JCpies
28th Sep 2010, 17:28
I should imagine that only the Deluxe edition would include an audio CD of the soundtrack.

I'm having a hard time deciding wether to buy the soundtrack or the game.

Or the deluxe edition.

Pinky_Powers
28th Sep 2010, 18:15
In fact the Gameplay Trailer uses actual in game music.

:thumb: :thumb:

I just rewatched the gameplay trailer, after reading that. And I am SOOOOO happy with the music in it! Not only does it possess wonderful Deus Ex undertones, but it's just damn good on its own merits as well.

Coyotegrey
28th Sep 2010, 18:23
More! These are from David Bedard, marketing coordinator here at Eidos Montreal.

Is the trailer dubbed in Japanese just for TGS purposes, or is the full game set for release in Japan complete with Japanese voice acting?

The game will be released in Japan with a Japanese VO.

If so, is this decision a direct result of Square's acquisition of Eidos?

Not necessarily. Square-Enix actually publishes a lot of western games from various publishers in Japan, it’s just that this one happens to be developed by a studio they own.

If so, to what extent -if at all- has this acquisition influenced HR's development, more precisely its story, character design and overall game design?

The game was already late in the development stage when Eidos was acquired by Square-Enix, and so they did not influence the game’s development at all. Actually, Square-Enix’s only involvement so far is in producing the CGI trailers and making the figurines for the game.

AlexOfSpades
28th Sep 2010, 19:51
I'm impressed.

The Devs care about us. Internet is a wonder!

Say hi to the devs for me, Coyote. Tell'em they have the job i wish i had.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Sep 2010, 19:57

This is too funny! :D

Thanks for the answers. :thumb:

Kodaemon
28th Sep 2010, 20:35
No word yet on the Japanese voice actors?

Coyotegrey
28th Sep 2010, 20:41
No word yet on the Japanese voice actors?

Negative. It was handled by Square. I'll ask around again for ya, though.

Ilves
28th Sep 2010, 20:56
Thanks for the direct answers, Coyotegrey, appreciated! :)

As for the voice actors: I recall seeing Hiroki Yasumoto mentioned as Adam's voice actor, but I may be mistaken.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Sep 2010, 23:13
Thanks for the direct answers, Coyotegrey, appreciated! :)

As for the voice actors: I recall seeing Hiroki Yasumoto mentioned as Adam's voice actor, but I may be mistaken.
Has this since been mentioned elsewhere in an article?

You mentioned it yourself in the earlier thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1494762

Seems to be Hiroki Yasumoto, not that I know the good man.

Ilves
29th Sep 2010, 05:34
^ His name was mentioned on Square's Japanese TGS site, if I'm not mistaken.