PDA

View Full Version : Fun Facts: Kent is going to see "The Town" today, and you should too.

Kent-45
17th Sep 2010, 16:23
Simply amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7wcayQQLQ

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 16:35
Wait , you're leaving your house ? ...

*dusts off the sniper rifle* ...

JackGordon
17th Sep 2010, 16:53
I wanna watch that one too :( Don't get excited, Grievous. I, on the other hand, never leave the house.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 17:09
So ? i don't even live in a house you ignorant fool , i live in a cave ! ...

Only nine baths a year ! ...

UhUh
17th Sep 2010, 17:29
I've seen The American (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywmoXZwkA0) last week, intresting movie, my only gripe is in the rapresentation of the italian town, wich is a little bit anachronistic.

One of Seven
17th Sep 2010, 18:23
I don't think The Town looks all that good...

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 18:31
The one about some Voodoo magic with a Elevator doesn't look all that good either , but hey , movies are all passable **** these days anywya , so might as well see some Ben Affleck ...

Kent-45
17th Sep 2010, 18:56
Grievous... it has NUNS robbing BANKS .... does you really need anymore of a reason to watch a movie? I sure ******* don't.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 21:51
Needs a clapping scene in it , or i shall'nt be impressed ...

BeardedHoplite
17th Sep 2010, 22:04
The local movie review guy, Dean Richards, gave it a B+. So I guess I'll see it after it goes on 5 Buck Club

Kent-45
18th Sep 2010, 15:35
The Town was really good. Lots of action, a crazy car chase. It's clear that it was inspired by Heat, but this isn't your daddy's heist movie... this one is kinda gritty and modernized. I thought it was pretty good, although there are some slight plot holes littered throughout.

It's one of these redemption movies, just like Heat was when Neil finds a girl and wants to cut loose of his criminal life. It takes themes from Heat, but in the end, this is no Heat... The Town focuses much more on Affleck and his crew than it does the FBI agent trying to catch them.

It's definitely worth seeing.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Sep 2010, 16:29
I'll wait for the video game adaptation ...

Bevacur
19th Sep 2010, 11:10
Wait , you're leaving your house ? ...

*dusts off the sniper rifle* ...

Best get my sniper out aswell....

*pulls sniper from wardrobe*

GrievousOdyssey
19th Sep 2010, 11:13
I thought your wardrobe was stuffed with traumatised slaves or some **** ...

MxOAgentJohnson
19th Sep 2010, 11:20
http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/5/5b/Demoman_gibberish09.wav

Bevacur
19th Sep 2010, 11:51
I thought your wardrobe was stuffed with traumatised slaves or some **** ...

Yeah thats my other wardrobe, this on is full of weapons from the cops i killed in the past.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Sep 2010, 12:18
Yeah , the past ...

We're old ... old ...

Kent-45
19th Sep 2010, 17:00
Yeah thats my other wardrobe, this on is full of weapons from the cops i killed in the past.

Bevacur! You know the rules... we don't keep trophies. Are you trying to get caught?

Bevacur
19th Sep 2010, 17:48
B..b..but this cop has the perfect bullet hole in his forehead!

GrievousOdyssey
20th Sep 2010, 09:19
WTF ? no trophies ? i quit this stupid game ...

Brackstone17
4th Oct 2010, 22:59
Alright, I just saw this the other day. It was very good. Despite some wooden acting from Ben Affleck and the the main actress and a few noticeable similarities to Heat (which is expected) it was an excellent film. The action sequences were well done and both Jeremy Renner and Pete Postlethwaite completely stole the show though (like they usually do).

Kent-45
5th Oct 2010, 18:28
My favorite scene in the whole movie is when they roll up, jump out of their getaway car (in nun outfits, no less) right in front of this one lonesome cop sitting in his car... and he's all "Yeaaaaaah, not happening." and let's them get away.

I laughed.

Brackstone17
5th Oct 2010, 19:50
My favorite scene in the whole movie is when they roll up, jump out of their getaway car (in nun outfits, no less) right in front of this one lonesome cop sitting in his car... and he's all "Yeaaaaaah, not happening." and let's them get away.

I laughed.
Yeah, that entire nun sequence was actually extremely well done. That bit with the cop was so unexpected yet hilarious.