PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2: Vietnam

MxOAgentJohnson
17th Sep 2010, 09:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro6FVcxiKI8&feature=related

Theres healthy competition, then theres completely ******* over everyone else.

I enjoyed Bad Company 2 multiplayer with a passion, after a while it got stale most games do, but this just looks incredible and amazing.

Even if its just a small CGi trailer there is some gameplay floating around, plus DICE have made an absoloutely amazing vietnam game some years ago.

Thoughts?

Also lol

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 09:12
Like i said back in the E3 Thread in June , this is one of the most memorable news in this year's E3 ...

AN EXPANSION PACK For A FPS ... in 2010 !!! ...

I still can't believe it ...
And this is an age where DLC rules , even Bad Company 2 already has DLCs , but this , an expansion pack ? ...

Seems like after Bethesda and Rockstar , the industry has began to understand how to do things properly , with Minerva's Den , and now this ...

MxOAgentJohnson
17th Sep 2010, 09:15
Yea, DICE has always been good to people with expansions and good DLC.

Battlefield 2 on the PC and batlefield 2142 were always completely patched, community friendly and purchase worthy expansions.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 17:52
I'm quite curious to see what kind of storyline it's going to be ...
A outrageously epic But dramatic and negative view on war such as Treyarch's World at War and Black Ops ? ...
A 'realistic' insight on specific battles such as the new Medal of Honor ? ...
A pessimistic view on a soldier's position like Infinity Ward's Modern Warfares ? (yeah i was Very Surprised to see how pessimistic the overall tone is when i played the first one , and the second one doesn't look all that different , but i don't know ... if it's so negative , why everyone just saw it as "war is Cool" ? ... it's a huge case of misaimed fandom) ...
(that or the online mode did it) ...

Or just something supposedly funny like Bad Company ? (probably the first humorous story about Vietnam since Full Metal Jacket , which , quite frankly , doesn't sound like a good idea) ...

MxOAgentJohnson
17th Sep 2010, 18:05
Its a multiplayer only expansion afaik

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 18:19
Hold on ...

So ...

It's got four maps , two modes , fifteen weapons ... That's it ? ...

Why call it an Expansion Pack ? ...
What's so different about standard DLC ? ...

i'm missing somethin here ...
hurts head ...

This is some misleading trap ! they're onto me again ! ...

MxOAgentJohnson
17th Sep 2010, 18:42
Its because theres so many new props, textures, models, particles and stuff that all that together vouches for a expansion title

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 18:47
Hmmm ... that's still DLC in my book , given how the Fallout 3 add-ons are still called 'DLCs' , i say this is no different ...

In fact , it's the industy's fault for giving cheap and simple **** such as map/weapon/costume packs the generous title of DLC , degrading it's meaning and value , and in so doing the same for the title of Expansion ...

joe the janitor
17th Sep 2010, 22:22
I hated bad company 2 but the Vietnam setting intrigues me :)

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 22:51
It's just a bunch of trees , flies , swamps ...

I mean it's just two multiplayer maps , and i thought nothing mattered except shooting at each other , it amazes me when people suddenly demands for 'diversity' ...
Because when , in the opposite situation , there Is Diversity , people end up complaining about how "it all plays the same" ...

Really now ...