PDA

View Full Version : I had a choice... (new screenshot inside!)

Ashpolt
15th Sep 2010, 18:57
Earlier today, I received the following PM from our dear community manager, Coyotegrey:

Title: You have a choice

Hello,

You've been randomly picked to receive something unique.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is about choice. Do you shoot your way through a problem, or do you try and reason with adversaries? Do you use camouflage to sneak by a group of guards, or take an alternate route by hacking a computer? No matter what you decide, be prepared to face the consequences of your actions, and/or reap the rewards.

In the spirit of the title, you now have a choice to make. I've linked an unreleased screenshot at the bottom of this message. Will you save it for yourself or give it to the community?

Should you choose the former option, we will release the image to the public one week from today. Some things can’t stay hidden forever.

Enjoy.

The screenshot he sent was definitely new, and definitely in-engine. Sadly for you, I've decided not to share it, I just thought you'd all like to know about the PM. You'll see it next week. :wave:

[EDIT] Ah, I was just kidding. Of course I'll share it! Here it is, thumbnailed because it's huge and currently hosted on my personal photobucket account:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/ashpolt/th_DXHRchoicescreen.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v427/ashpolt/?action=view&current=DXHRchoicescreen.jpg)

(Click "zoom in" to see it full size.)

Just wanted to wind you guys up first. :D

mad825
15th Sep 2010, 19:01

okay......

what was the point....of this?

EDIT:ahh, never mind, I know now...just don't let Schadenfreude get to you as I dont think many people care as such.

NKD
15th Sep 2010, 19:03
Edited on account of the OP deciding to be a nice guy ;)

Ashpolt
15th Sep 2010, 19:05
Ah, I was just kidding. Of course I'll share it! Here it is, thumbnailed because it's huge and currently hosted on my personal photobucket account:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/ashpolt/th_DXHRchoicescreen.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v427/ashpolt/?action=view&current=DXHRchoicescreen.jpg)

(Click "zoom in" to see it full size.)

I'll also edit this into my first post. Just wanted to wind you guys up first. :D

Badmaker
Nice story bro.

Coyotegrey
It was chosen at random.

I threw dozens of users into Line Picker (http://textmechanic.com/Random-Line-Picker.html) and Ashpolt was chosen.

Edit: Oh, there it is. And to answer your previous questions, "yes, the white room from the concept art will be in the game." ;)

Corpus
15th Sep 2010, 19:10
I'm digging that architecture.

NKD
15th Sep 2010, 19:13
That's an interesting looking room. Love the design. Don't see level design like that in many games. But holy jaggies batman. I hope that's a console screenshot, if not, tell the tech guys to get anti-aliasing working!

Jerion
15th Sep 2010, 19:19
Not sure I understand the thinking behind the...thing...covering the wall on the door-side wall in the back left corner.

Really digging the design.

Shinrei
15th Sep 2010, 19:20
I love the scenery and the "Cyber Renaissance" feeling to it! Comparing the ingame Screen to the Concept Art - OMG they nearly look identical. Good job EM, 'cause I love every single concept artwork so far. Good to know that they stay close to their concepts.

@ Ashpolt: Thanks for sharing and you chose wisely! :D

Now the media and PR machinery is getting started, on friday new TGS trailer...wohoo!

But still way to go till 2011...

Coyotegrey
15th Sep 2010, 19:23
I love the scenery and the "Cyber Renaissance" feeling to it! Comparing the ingame Screen to the Concept Art - OMG they nearly look identical. Good job EM, 'cause I love every single concept artwork so far. Good to know that they stay close to their concepts.

@ Ashpolt: Thanks for sharing and you chose wisely! :D

Now the media and PR machinery is getting started, I like! Tomorrow new TGS trailer...wohoo!

But still way to go till 2011...

Wait, tomorrow is the 17th?!

NKD
15th Sep 2010, 19:23
Now the media and PR machinery is getting started, I like! Tomorrow new TGS trailer...wohoo!

Ooh I forgot about the new trailer! Thanks for reminding me :P But you're right, 2011 seems so far away. Ugh. Need this game nao.

Shinrei
15th Sep 2010, 19:31
Wait, tomorrow is the 17th?!

Arghs...my fault. I'm always kinda living in the future, you know. ;)

Till Friday.......nooooo :/

Ashpolt
15th Sep 2010, 19:31
I don't seem to be edit the title of this thread - can a mod please update it to "I had a choice... (new screenshot inside!)"

Anyway, to offer my thoughts - didn't want to simply put this in my original post, as I have a complaint, and wanted to keep it separate:

Please, please, PLEASE learn to turn on anti-aliasing before you release these screenshots. Seriously, that screenshot has unbelievable levels of jaggies (and, to be honest, so do nearly all of the others that have been released.)

Still, other than that, a nice shot. Very different from what we see in most games nowadays, which is refreshing! Also not too much black and gold, which adds a bit of hope that those colours won't be too all-pervasive.

Assuming the ceiling is basically all covered in lights, then I love it. Can you imagine the great illumination you'd get from that, especially with the "bulge" on the right hand side, and especially considering it's in an almost all-white room?

Shralla
15th Sep 2010, 19:33
Wait. I swear I've seen that shot before.

Corpus
15th Sep 2010, 19:35
Not sure I understand the thinking behind the...thing...covering the wall on the door-side wall in the back left corner.

Really digging the design.

Hidden weapons rack or secret computer like Paul's. Fingers crossed

Ilves
15th Sep 2010, 19:37

You've seen the concept art (http://forums.eidosgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134&d=1283200355), I gather.

Thanks for sharing, Ash.

Shinrei
15th Sep 2010, 19:38
Assuming the ceiling is basically all covered in lights, then I love it. Can you imagine the great illumination you'd get from that, especially with the "bulge" on the right hand side, and especially considering it's in an almost all-white room?

Yep...but you'll definitely get blind after some time in that room! White room with a lot of lights...ouch.

@ Shralla: The concept artwork was posted some time ago by Kyle here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113157)....

EDIT: Damn u Ilves...too fast for me. :D

3nails4you
15th Sep 2010, 19:40
Reminds me of the end of 2001, for some reason.

NKD
15th Sep 2010, 19:41
Please, please, PLEASE learn to turn on anti-aliasing before you release these screenshots. Seriously, that screenshot has unbelievable levels of jaggies (and, to be honest, so do nearly all of the others that have been released.)

It smells of console screenshot to me. It looks like an upscaled 720p image. Which is odd. You'd think they'd grab screenshots from the more visually appealing platform.

But then I see the ambient occlusion and some of the shadows and I think "The consoles would die in a firey explosion if they tried that."

Pinky_Powers
15th Sep 2010, 19:49
Wonderful looking shot! Great design and the over-all graphic fidelity is surprising.

The jaggies are over-powering though. They look like the step-laddering of a far lower resolution image than what it actually is.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 19:51

Yes, definitely have... :whistle:

Very decadent design and all those hexagons are trippy! :cool:

Dr_Bob
15th Sep 2010, 19:52
It took me a few looks to realise that this is actually an in-game screenshot.

Wow, you don't see that kind of style in games these days.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 19:53
Wow, you don't see that kind of style in games these days.

Agreed. It's got style... it's got class... it's badass. :cool:

TrickyVein
15th Sep 2010, 19:57
I am wholly-impressed.

Whoever owns these digs is a moneyedindividual.

TrickyVein
15th Sep 2010, 20:01

Not everyone uses the anti-aliasing. I don't think it makes that big a difference, and I prefer things to be more crisp than blurred/softened.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 20:02

It could be a solar-powered wall-to-floor radiator? :o

Shralla
15th Sep 2010, 20:02
You've seen the concept art (http://forums.eidosgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134&d=1283200355), I gather.

Thanks for sharing, Ash.

Comparing the two now, that has an awful lot of jaggies for "concept art." It looks like it might just be another screenshot of the same space with some filters or other such stylish editing thrown on top. Of course maybe they're just really good at recreating console graphics in screenshots.

I don't think it makes that big a difference

Well... You're wrong.

Ilves
15th Sep 2010, 20:04
^ I believe using crude 3d models in concept art for perspective reference is common practice these days.

Coyotegrey
15th Sep 2010, 20:04
Comparing the two now, that has an awful lot of jaggies for "concept art." It looks like it might just be another screenshot of the same space with some filters or other such stylish editing thrown on top. Of course maybe they're just really good at recreating console graphics in screenshots.

Well... You're wrong.

The concept art is absolutely concept art.

Ashpolt
15th Sep 2010, 20:09
Not everyone uses the anti-aliasing. I don't think it makes that big a difference, and I prefer things to be more crisp than blurred/softened.

Modern anti-aliasing (and by "modern" I mean "post-N64") doesn't blur the image significantly.

Personally I'm not normally someone to complain about aliasing - I play most games with AA off because my aging 8800 GTXs can't really cope with putting AA on modern games - but it really is overpowering in the screens we've seen of HR so far. This one almost looks like it's made of Lego!

(Bet you're glad I was the random pick to receive this, aren't you, Kyle? :P)

AlexOfSpades
15th Sep 2010, 20:11
Thank you for the screenshot and your decision, Ashpolt.

But i wouldnt have taken the same path as you did.

Coyotegrey
15th Sep 2010, 20:13
Modern anti-aliasing (and by "modern" I mean "post-N64") doesn't blur the image significantly.

Personally I'm not normally someone to complain about aliasing - I play most games with AA off because my aging 8800 GTXs can't really cope with putting AA on modern games - but it really is overpowering in the screens we've seen of HR so far. This one almost looks like it's made of Lego!

(Bet you're glad I was the random pick to receive this, aren't you, Kyle? :P)

No regrets whatsoever. :) I'm very happy this is an honest community.

TrickyVein
15th Sep 2010, 20:14
I suppose I try and keep in mind that within any of the environments we've seen so far - for that matter, any of them we haven't seen as well - you're going to be moving. Looking at a still like this makes you aware of some details - like the sharpness of objects within your perspective - that you wouldn't be otherwise.

It is rather crisp tho, isn't it.

Irate_Iguana
15th Sep 2010, 20:17
But i wouldnt have taken the same path as you did.

That's why Ashpolt is a pretty cool guy. eh shares screenshots and doesn't afraid of AA. You, on the other hand, are bad and you should feel bad.

Pinky_Powers
15th Sep 2010, 20:19
I play most games with AA off because my aging 8800 GTXs can't really cope with putting AA on modern games

Same card, same boat, my friend. I hardly ever do AA in non-valve games.

However, I haven't had any complaints with the aliasing in the other screenshots. It's just this one that seems so mean and sharp. Maybe it's the bright white and lack of shadows that makes it so obvious. :scratch:

TrickyVein
15th Sep 2010, 20:20
Maybe that's the exact kind of aesthetic they're looking for: bright, intense, clear and in focus.

AlexOfSpades
15th Sep 2010, 20:23
That's why Ashpolt is a pretty cool guy. eh shares screenshots and doesn't afraid of AA. You, on the other hand, are bad and you should feel bad.

He's a cool guy indeed.

But i'm just honest. I mean. Why lie about it. Maybe i'm bad then.

*feels bad*

Coyotegrey
15th Sep 2010, 20:24
Also, as many of you know, the game's still being developed, and the graphics you see up until the game's released aren't necessarily FINAL.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 20:26
Can anyone work out what items are on the shelves (apart from the box files)? Some look like action figures/toys.

TrickyVein
15th Sep 2010, 20:28
No. There isn't any anti-aliasing.

HA HA AHA HA AH AH - oh.

Couldn't help myself there.

Pinky_Powers
15th Sep 2010, 20:35
Also, as many of you know, the game's still being developed, and the graphics you see up until the game's released aren't necessarily FINAL.

If the final game looks anything like it does now, I'll be very pleased. The visuals are potent to me... like a ripe orange.

AlexOfSpades
15th Sep 2010, 20:36
Can anyone work out what items are on the shelves (apart from the box files)? Some look like action figures/toys.

On the top right seems to be some kind of microscope.

Under it, on the left, perhaps a statuette?

On the very left, i have no clue. Looks like a horn.

Edit:

If the final game looks anything like it does now, I'll be very pleased. The visuals are potent to me... like a ripe orange.

Orange or lemon lime?

Kodaemon
15th Sep 2010, 20:42
all those hexagons are trippy! :cool:

Hexagons? Where? :confused:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 20:43
On the top right seems to be some kind of microscope.

Under it, on the left, perhaps a statuette?

On the very left, i have no clue. Looks like a horn.

Yeah, can see why you would suggest these things.
The right-hand section, second shelf, first item - why am I seeing some sort of robo-rabbit then? :nut:

Hexagons? Where? :confused:

On the floor... between the other shapes.

AlexOfSpades
15th Sep 2010, 20:47
Yeah, can see why you would suggest these things.
The right-hand section, second shelf, first item - why am I seeing some sort of robo-rabbit then? :nut:

With glowing eyes?

Oh my i can see it too o.O

Maybe it has a camera.

Maybe its watching you.

Maybe its a sentry turret.

Wait!

I think i saw it moving...

Kodaemon
15th Sep 2010, 20:53
On the floor... between the other shapes.

Oh, right, there are rupees irregular hexagons there. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 20:59
There are more hexagons in that room too... just far more subtle. ;)

deggen
15th Sep 2010, 21:45
Nice image. It would almost be a shame to spill blood in that room... almost.

Bono
15th Sep 2010, 21:47
Excuse me. But where the hell is 'zoom in' button?

JobeGDG
15th Sep 2010, 22:00

In the future, we will all live on the sets of Lady Gaga music videos.

I kid, I kid.

KSingh77
15th Sep 2010, 22:03
In the future

Cuts of meat will be the new fashion.

Spyhopping
15th Sep 2010, 22:36
I can't decide whether I'd leave that room with a headache or a feeling of peace and tranquillity.

Quite a creative way to get a goodie to the community, I like it! Thanks Kyle, and thank you Ash for sharing, though you'd have to have a shrivelled grinch-like scrap for a heart to keep it to yourself. :P

Enjoying the little touches of renaissance style in the artefacts around rooms in screen shots so far- candles and a gramophone in an otherwise very modern looking room. And hooray for shiny floors, gets me thinking of versalife.

FrankCSIS
15th Sep 2010, 22:46
The painting above the PC was the color of telivision, tuned to a dead channel.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 23:18
The painting above the PC was the color of telivision, tuned to a dead channel.
Or something like a molecular stereogram art canvas or poster.

Ashpolt
15th Sep 2010, 23:19
Excuse me. But where the hell is 'zoom in' button?

Mouse over the image and "zoom" will appear in the top left.

Bono
15th Sep 2010, 23:21
Mouse over the image and "zoom" will appear in the top left.

Well it won't. I feel like an idiot. Can anybody post a full-sized pic?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2010, 23:22
Well it won't. I feel like an idiot. Can anybody post a full-sized pic?

You'll find one in the image thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113259

But here you go:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/Forum_Moderator/DEUS%20EX/roomdxhr.jpg

Bono
15th Sep 2010, 23:33
Thanks a lot!

mad825
15th Sep 2010, 23:48
well, if this game does have mod support, at least I will know what I'll be changing first.

the design is good however bright colours such as white is not very kind on the eyes when playing in the dark.

pringlepower
15th Sep 2010, 23:57
well, if this game does have mod support, at least I will know what I'll be changing first.

the design is good however bright colours such as white is not very kind on the eyes when playing in the dark.

Now, call me crazy, but I have a feeling that the level won't be completely white.

Pinky_Powers
15th Sep 2010, 23:57
I really want to spill some bright red into that room. Preferably from .357 size holes...

pringlepower
16th Sep 2010, 00:00
I really want to spill some bright red into that room. Preferably from .357 size holes...

Paint gun augmentation?

K^2
16th Sep 2010, 00:25
I threw dozens of users into Line Picker (http://textmechanic.com/Random-Line-Picker.html) and Ashpolt was chosen.
Deus Ex is not only about choices. It is also about conspiracies, and when one "randomly" chooses a user, and this user is Ashpolt, there is a conspiracy. You'd have better odds of getting struck by lightning while holding a winning lottery ticket than picking Ashpolt for this at random. I'm not buying it for a minute.

mad825
16th Sep 2010, 01:04
Deus Ex is not only about choices. It is also about conspiracies, and when one "randomly" chooses a user, and this user is Ashpolt, there is a conspiracy. You'd have better odds of getting struck by lightning while holding a winning lottery ticket than picking Ashpolt for this at random. I'm not buying it for a minute.

hm, don't forget that we are all strangers on here.

you seem to be like playing a game of Schrödinger's cat where both and all possibilities are true/false. For all we know, Ashpolt is a developer from EM or at least has connections.

Pinky_Powers
16th Sep 2010, 01:47

I know. Things are terribly fishy.:cool:

FrankCSIS
16th Sep 2010, 01:58
No such thing as random. When done by a human, there is an underlying reason. If picked by a machine, there is a coding behind it, which ultimately cannot be entirely random, no matter how complex.

There is the distinct possibility that an AI has chosen Ash through the process known as Line Picker. It is time we find out why.

Pinky_Powers
16th Sep 2010, 02:23
There is the distinct possibility that an AI has chosen Ash through the process known as Line Picker. It is time we find out why.

Clearly he's made some sort of under-the-table arrangement with the AI. His tactics are exposed; deceive, inveigle and obfuscate his way to great riches!

FrankCSIS
16th Sep 2010, 02:45
Of course great riches here is a codename for hookers.

Right?

ArcR
16th Sep 2010, 02:47
It was chosen at random.

Suuuuuuure :P

Stunning artwork considering how indistinguishable concept art and in game art have been so far. DXHR world is looking like a promising place to explore.

Pinky_Powers
16th Sep 2010, 02:49
Of course great riches here is a codename for hookers.

Right?

You've come to know me too well. I'm going to have to deal with that eventually. :hmm:

Sabretooth1
16th Sep 2010, 02:52
Argh I'm turning colour-blind! I can't see black and gold anymore! Curse you Eidos Montreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

@MyImmortal: There seems to be a floating model of an augmented hand, two pine tree models (Dubai?), a bunch of hardcover books in the lower-left, one of those Renaissance-era telescope things in the upper right, and a bizarre object in the middle that has a dick.

Would it hurt to use a bit of the anti-aliasing? :(

The owner of the place uses awfully boring cups for his tea, considering his taste in interior design. >_>

But it's a good shot and I'm glad to see that the whole game isn't black and gold all the time. This is some rather creative design and I now expect more liek tihs.

TrickyVein
16th Sep 2010, 02:59
The box-object sitting on the table at right looks like one of these (http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/mdxcbFpe6tLN4N_VF1g8-QBu7DYZqGHMXidkPKSpYSEozoNQVbBLHDQ-OPLH-ShfBN55d6BpJJ2Ky0qZOCoej51CPG93cI4IUmS6NY0YTWTsxgn5oTMj_sDU6b9UB7PZLjXryuRdKSC59K_CLNaY1ek0xwqTuFYU_BbaPiDdOs9jJmrJ2WvoK7ef8r5wIQ).

Such good cappuccino - so easy to drink so much good cappuccino. But is it that interesting to watch that you pull up chairs to see that wonderful elixir flow into your coffee cup each morning?

Pinky_Powers
16th Sep 2010, 03:04
and a bizarre object in the middle that has a dick.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/Nibbler.jpg

http://www.fanpop.com/images/polls/17365_1_160.jpg?v=1189403709

FrankCSIS
16th Sep 2010, 03:12
But is it that interesting to watch that you pull up chairs to see that wonderful elixir flow into your coffee cup each morning?

Obviously, it's more impressive at night, by the trilple candlelight.

Sabretooth1
16th Sep 2010, 03:12
The box-object sitting on the table at right looks like one of these (http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/mdxcbFpe6tLN4N_VF1g8-QBu7DYZqGHMXidkPKSpYSEozoNQVbBLHDQ-OPLH-ShfBN55d6BpJJ2Ky0qZOCoej51CPG93cI4IUmS6NY0YTWTsxgn5oTMj_sDU6b9UB7PZLjXryuRdKSC59K_CLNaY1ek0xwqTuFYU_BbaPiDdOs9jJmrJ2WvoK7ef8r5wIQ).

Makes sense, as there's a cup next to it. Now the question is, cappuccino or lemon-lime?

pringlepower
16th Sep 2010, 03:16
Makes sense, as there's a cup next to it. Now the question is, cappuccino or lemon-lime?

What would Da Vinci drink?

Sabretooth1
16th Sep 2010, 03:31
If you look closely, the gramophone has a Photoshop-esque gold outline to it. o_O Magical Gramophone?

pringlepower
16th Sep 2010, 03:45
If you look closely, the gramophone has a Photoshop-esque gold outline to it. o_O Magical Gramophone?

Or: worst case scenario. Eidos Montréal has gone Halo: ODST and started highlighting quest items in gold.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pinky_Powers
16th Sep 2010, 03:48
Or: worst case scenario. Eidos Montréal has gone Halo: ODST and started highlighting quest items in gold.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do so hate that in games. I also detest when NPCs have a weird highlight to them as well. Makes me want to punch somebody.

Sabretooth1
16th Sep 2010, 04:13
I do so hate that in games. I also detest when NPCs have a weird highlight to them as well. Makes me want to punch somebody.

What if the NPC is highlighted so that you know who to punch? :mad2:

JCpies
16th Sep 2010, 05:55
I'm guessing the other few people who received the message are inactive fools. hehehe

II J0SePh X II
16th Sep 2010, 06:10
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/Nibbler.jpg

http://www.fanpop.com/images/polls/17365_1_160.jpg?v=1189403709

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx55/IIJOSEPHXII/bertie_bassett.jpg

I'm thinking mabey Bertie Bassett.

Is that Eliza on the top right TV and a PICUS screensaver on the monitor on the desk?

Not worried about the jaggies this far from release, but it looks like objects distort at the corners of the picture, such as the front edge of the table bottom right.

Thanks for sharing, the style looks unique.

Deus_Ex_Machina
16th Sep 2010, 06:23
Thanks for posting, Ash.

Although I won't be satisfied until we've been given plentiful un-edited in-game footage and lots more info.

H.D.Case
16th Sep 2010, 07:54
Yeah, thanks for that!
My observation:
1. The strange figurine may be a Furby of the future. This is pretty disturbing even now, let alone then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KY__ig0xeY

2. They seem to be playing Deus EX:HR on the computer. You know, a box inside a box.

3. So in the future, instead of katanas, they put arms on the shelves for display? ;) Great for cliched-in-the-future party jokes, like "can you lend me your hand, hehehe" or... "can you hand me over the hand, hohoho"? It's probably Sariff's boss room then (wait, was his name Sariff?). He looks like a square, plus the hand thing.

DXeXodus
16th Sep 2010, 11:49
Awesome new image. Thank's for posting Ashpolt!

LostinTransplantation
21st Sep 2010, 13:16
In the future

Cuts of meat will be the new fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDu5k3NDYho

Unstoppable
21st Sep 2010, 23:08
Interestingly enough there isn't much Anti-Aliasing going on. Perhaps because of console restrictions or the game not being finished. Hopefully that won't be a problem for the PC version, which i smore than capable of smoothing out those rough edges.

rubiomhs
22nd Sep 2010, 00:21

okay......

what was the point....of this?

EDIT:ahh, never mind, I know now...just don't let Schadenfreude get to you as I dont think many people care as such.

schadenfreude isn't something that can "get to you" like pride.

rubiomhs
22nd Sep 2010, 00:25
Reminds me of the end of 2001, for some reason.

Are you seriously saying you can't pinpoint the reason? It's like the white room from the ending of the movie.

jtr7
22nd Sep 2010, 00:27
Having trouble with language and meaning, are we? You're pretending, right? Bored?

rubiomhs
22nd Sep 2010, 00:29
generally, when someone says "for some reason", they're saying they don't know the exact reason.

neilthecellist
22nd Sep 2010, 20:18
jaggies... Someone at EIDOS, please enable AA.

Jerion
22nd Sep 2010, 20:41
jitr7, rubiomhs, settle down...

jaggies... Someone at EIDOS, please enable AA.

It's almost painful to look at the jaggies from a few of the shots. I know they've got The Beast at one of the desks somewhere, it's not like they don't have the horsepower on hand to take clean 1080p screens.

NKD
22nd Sep 2010, 21:06
jitr7, rubiomhs, settle down...

It's almost painful to look at the jaggies from a few of the shots. I know they've got The Beast at one of the desks somewhere, it's not like they don't have the horsepower on hand to take clean 1080p screens.

Hell you don't even need horsepower :P Don't need a playable framerate to get a screenshot.

Jerion
22nd Sep 2010, 22:08
Hell you don't even need horsepower :P Don't need a playable framerate to get a screenshot.

Helps to have one though. ;)