PDA

View Full Version : Scary Fact: Grievous is seriously considering buying Heavy Rain ... Move Edition ...

GrievousOdyssey
14th Sep 2010, 05:02
Which means that i am considering buying that pointed stick with a glowing ball in its end , and thereby meaning that i'll be supporting the Motion Controls era in the game industry ...

. . .

Now where on earth did my put my shield ...

UhUh
14th Sep 2010, 06:57
Move could actually have some worthy games to try out, the only thing that bothers me is the price scheme. They're selling the wand and the joystiq separetly, and some games even require two wands, it's a complete mess.

In the meantime Kinect is losing features by the hour, it can't recognize hand gestures or voice. I don't know how many games that aren't dance central could you make with only a silhouette as imput.

JackGordon
14th Sep 2010, 09:01
This is for supporting this generation's motion control FAD: F--- you, Grievous. And the horse you rode in on.

Good day.

TheMoD
14th Sep 2010, 12:53
I'm also not a fan of this whole motion controls thing, especially kinect. I mean srsly what kinds of games are you gonna play without any kind of input device. Partygames, that's it. But I gotta say the Move actually looks really great and I already have heavy rain. So yeah I'm gonna get it, especially because they're gonna rerelease a move version of no more heroes heroes paradise on ps3 and there are rumors going around that the european version will be uncut! :O

Kent-45
14th Sep 2010, 16:14
I don't understand the appeal of motion control. It's like... if I wanted to physically PLAY golf, standing up and the whole nine yards... I'd be on a ******* golf course.

Why do they have to make gaming complicated? Take 3D movies, which are all the craze now for example. You take a tried and true formula and you make it lame.

If games these days were so top notch that developers had nothing else to do but think of new ways to interact with games then I'd understand this... but as it stands... we are awash in 60.00 games that are shallow and unsatisfying... and these developers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Tell you what, game companies... make games that aren't overpriced and don't suck, and I'll buy your Kinect-ish tomfoolery. Until then, it's just another gimmick for the kiddies in my eyes.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Sep 2010, 16:35
They're selling the wand and the joystiq separetly,

In the meantime Kinect is losing features by the hour, it can't recognize hand gestures or voice.

Given how you rarely bull**** around , don't be surprised if you see me shout a big WHAT THE **** right now ...

Just like that ...

Seriously , what the **** ? Natal can't recognize hand gestures or voice ? ... then ... that trailer with the seven year old kid acting as Godzilla and fire **** out of his mouth ... it's not real ?!! ...

PS: as for the Move , i'll just buy the most expensive box set , the one with the wands , sticks , eye camera , the whole set , that way i won't need to worry about missing anything ...

This is for supporting this generation's motion control FAD: F--- you, Grievous. And the horse you rode in on.

Good day.

OOOOOH ! So you're the bastards that keeps making my horses die of heart attacks , and i can't win them trophies of Redemption when my horses keeps dying or disappearing because you got mad ! ...

*awadyadalotagoohaha* ...

especially because they're gonna rerelease a move version of no more heroes heroes paradise on ps3 and there are rumors going around that the european version will be uncut! :O

IOt comes with Move support , Excellent news ...

I don't understand the appeal of motion control. It's like... if I wanted to physically PLAY golf, standing up and the whole nine yards... I'd be on a ******* golf course.

Why do they have to make gaming complicated? Take 3D movies, which are all the craze now for example. You take a tried and true formula and you make it lame.

If games these days were so top notch that developers had nothing else to do but think of new ways to interact with games then I'd understand this... but as it stands... we are awash in 60.00 games that are shallow and unsatisfying... and these developers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Tell you what, game companies... make games that aren't overpriced and don't suck, and I'll buy your Kinect-ish tomfoolery. Until then, it's just another gimmick for the kiddies in my eyes.

Bull**** , with Move , i can play Killzone 3 , and when i move my arm to the right , dumbass with point the rifle to the right , and when i die , i'll know it's my fault , and not because of some tester's fault of never complaining on the aim sensitivity ...

Imagine a day and age where whenever we die in a game , we'll know it's Our Fault , and not the developper's bad programming skill , not because the game sucks , but because We failed to response accurately/in time ... just imagine ...

Imagine ... IMAGINE IT ! ...

PS: unsatisfying games ? then why you play them zombie genocides games ? don't tell me it just happens to be the crown jewel of this age of overrated simplistic games ...

JackGordon
14th Sep 2010, 17:03
OOOOOH ! So you're the bastards that keeps making my horses die of heart attacks , and i can't win them trophies of Redemption when my horses keeps dying or disappearing because you got mad ! ...

*awadyadalotagoohaha* ...
I'm not mad. I'm very calmy telling you that your soul is now lost and doomed to dwell endlessly down all 666 black holes of oblivion.

ohitspatty
14th Sep 2010, 17:56
I usually hate motion controls because like Kent said, if I wanted to stand around and play golf...I would be playing real golf. I want to play a game where I can sit down on my ass and play with a pad.

However, I believe that Heavy Rain is a fair game when it comes to Move because even with the Sixaxis...that is all you do. It's a fun experience and I see how it can be incorporated into Heavy Rain. However, I think they didn't have to go back and re-do Heavy Rain...after all, Sixaxis already does half the job...besides they canceled the DLC episodes in order to do the Move Edition.

Move is way out of my budget, but I'm assuming you're fine with forking out some good cash on a odd shaped dildo.

BeardedHoplite
14th Sep 2010, 21:07
Bah, all motion controls have led to is endless piles of shovelware being pumped out on the Wii. Now this ****'ll spill onto the Ps3 and the Xbox

Bevacur
14th Sep 2010, 23:11
Motion control will be the death of our wallets.

SlashPrower
15th Sep 2010, 00:53
I don't support motion control but a motion-controlled Heavy Rain would be sweet, I mean the fights and stuff were already immersive, it would actually be really cool.

Too bad I have no money.

chip5541
15th Sep 2010, 06:56
Move control for the game is a free update although this game was already awesome. As far as having to purchase the 2 controllers, that is not accurate. You will be able to use your Sixaxis as the 2nd controller.
I personally plan on getting the Move controller. There is a lot of promising looking stuff coming along.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Sep 2010, 09:31
I'm not mad. I'm very calmy telling you that your soul is now lost and doomed to dwell endlessly down all 666 black holes of oblivion.

Lost ? Doomed ? ...
I thought i was already damned beyond miracle savings and all that ... condemned to look back at the dark backward and abysm of time ... never to sleep in the elysian fields ... never to have the grieving hole filled ... always ... breathing ...

Anywya ...

besides they canceled the DLC episodes in order to do the Move Edition.

I blame on David Cage not complaining to Sony about it ...

And don't tell me the man , who repeats the same two things for six months promoting his game , is Not Capable of confronting his executive producers ...

Move is way out of my budget, but I'm assuming you're fine with forking out some good cash on a odd shaped dildo.

Hmmm , now that you mention it , i still haven't bought my female robot companion ...

The one with batteries included ...

Motion control will be the death of our wallets.

Bevacur speaking for all our minds ? ...

Well i'll be damned (more so than i already am) ...

I personally plan on getting the Move controller. There is a lot of promising looking stuff coming along.

Agreed , as of now it's just too early to see it , no wonder Sony only plans to unleash their huge marketting campaign next year , when the 'big' stuff comes out ...

Also , just in case ...
While it's true that the Move update is free , Heavy Rain Move Edition comes with "The Taxidermist playable scene, three XMB themes, Making Of videos and the full official soundtrack." ...
Which is great for those who didn't bought the game yet ...

Plus i believe it's going to be charged at the same price as the 'standard' version that you all have bought ...

*smiles* ...

ohitspatty
15th Sep 2010, 09:54
Sounds like rather weak bundle for a re-release.
Does the soundtrack come on the CD or is it the code to snatch it off the PSN?
Besides those XMB themes are weak, unless of course it's not the ones off PSN...but knowing life, they went the easy route and chose to use the existing content.

I might get Move controller eventually, after all Sly Collection will have some special move mini-games but for now, I'll play with my sixaxis dualshock III.

JackGordon
15th Sep 2010, 10:07
Does the soundtrack come on the CD or is it the code to snatch it off the PSN?
About that: I was quite enraged when no CD was to be found inside the box...

GrievousOdyssey
15th Sep 2010, 10:36
This reminds of the God of War III ultimate edition ...

For some reason , the soundtrack in the NTSC version is in the form of a download code , but in the PAL version , they come in CDs ...

Whoa ...

ohitspatty
15th Sep 2010, 10:57
Is it me or the limited/ultimate/collector editions are downgrading?

Yes, I'm starting at you Dog Days...

GrievousOdyssey
15th Sep 2010, 11:03
Hey i said it first ! ...

Somewhere ... to some collector guy ...
But i can't remember ...
My memories ... the whispering ... teedi ... ladilou ... loolou ...

ohitspatty
15th Sep 2010, 11:08
Hey i said it first ! ...

I love to correct you, because it rarely ever happens but Benjamin Franklin was first to say that back in 1776.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Sep 2010, 11:27
That ******* bastard ! ...