PDA

View Full Version : ELIAS TOUFEXIS (Adam Jensen) SHORT FILM

ObamaKRZY
10th Sep 2010, 00:16
Hey guys

So the actor who plays Adam Jensen is actually a pretty experienced professional actor. (As can be seen by his imdb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1340118/ and his webpage http://www.eliastoufexis.com)

I just found out that he released a short film that he wrote, directed and starred in. It says that he made it as an experiment to see if he can make a movie for under 400 dollars. It's really cool! I'm not sure I understand everything that was going on but it's cool! The funny part is that you can totaly hear Adam Jensen!!
and before you ask, {becuase some ppl have} no I don't know him but I do really like him. I followed him since I saw him on Supernatural. I'm also a big Eureka fan. And when I heard he was doing DX:HR I was super duper happy!

if you watch the whole thing lets talk about what you think happened. its really interesting!!

hem dazon 90
10th Sep 2010, 00:44
wow this is good so far

{enter cinema snob mode}

I love the cinematography and lighting

FrankCSIS
10th Sep 2010, 00:56
If we're in film snob mode, I will complain it's too classically constructed. It looks like what I always suspected a film made by a college cinema or visual arts teacher would look like. Academical, with very little flow.

I still like his voice, though. And the story is original, or at least its approach is!

TrickyVein
10th Sep 2010, 01:14
Well, it was creepy up until the end when I think it fell apart. You see it coming the entire way through the film, so forcing the "What a twist!" ending was a bit contrived. Now I will only ever see AJ as an axe-wielding schizo.

LoverEidy
10th Sep 2010, 01:34
It's pretty darn good for an experiment of a film for under 400 bucks!! I don't really get what happened though. Like, were all of the people on the US IS WE website psychos or was that his imagination? Or did these no eye creatures come out of the woods all over the world and only the psychos knew about it?

I don't think it's "film school" at ALL though. The budget makes you think that way but the shots are thought of in a great way.

LoverEidy
10th Sep 2010, 01:39
Also this guy has been in a million TV shows and things.

FrankCSIS
10th Sep 2010, 02:03
but the shots are thought of in a great way.

Hence the film school. I'm not talking about low budget feel or whatever, I'm talking about how academical the shots are. The "table with three people" scene is the second exercise we did in college, when learning camera placement, and the shots were right where they ought to be, classically studied. So is every other informative shot, carefully placing information. That's why there is very little flow in the editing, except perhaps for the second half of part three. It's all too static, in my opinion anyway. I see the storyboard, not the film. Many indie shorts suffer this syndrom.

LoverEidy
10th Sep 2010, 02:14
Hence the film school. I'm not talking about low budget feel or whatever, I'm talking about how academical the shots are. The "table with three people" scene is the second exercise we did in college, when learning camera placement, and the shots were right where they ought to be, classically studied. So is every other informative shot, carefully placing information. That's why there is very little flow in the editing, except perhaps for the second half of part three. It's all too static, in my opinion anyway. I see the storyboard, not the film. Many indie shorts suffer this syndrom.

Yeah you're probably right. Good tension and good performances too. Pretty good for 400 bucks

Rindill the Red
10th Sep 2010, 06:15
Did anyone else notice he's been on Smallville three times as three different characters... spaced two and four years apart respectively... lol.

LoverEidy
11th Sep 2010, 03:03
Did anyone else notice he's been on Smallville three times as three different characters... spaced two and four years apart respectively... lol.

Yeh I wonder why Smallville does that. They do that with other actors too. I guess they like who they like.
I've been watching him on Eureka these days. He's very different from Adam Jensen and this short movie!

Hes rlly good in Supernatural! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3fDKmwn1bc

rhalibus
12th Sep 2010, 09:05
Every time I heard his voice I expected him to say "So stop wasting my time and take me to Tong"...:)

NKD
12th Sep 2010, 10:23
Caught Elias on Eureka the last few weeks. Hadn't ever seen his face before, but recognized the voice immediately and looked it up.

Ilves
12th Sep 2010, 13:43
It's been bugging me since the very first Squeenix trailer hit the web, but now it finally hit me: Toufexis' voice in the HR context reminds me so much of Total Recall 2070's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU1mCzGRBFc&feature=related) David Hume. I followed this series for the brief period it ran on Dutch television in the late 90's. It's a lot cornier than I remembered, but check out the art direction, the golden color scheme, and the cyberpunk themes and Blade Runner influences. It's from Canada, too... :nut:

Irate_Iguana
12th Sep 2010, 13:50
Total Recall 2070's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU1mCzGRBFc&feature=related)

Man, I remember that show. It had a really short run on TV if I remember correctly.

ObamaKRZY
14th Sep 2010, 05:43
Yeah you're probably right. Good tension and good performances too. Pretty good for 400 bucks

I think we should remember that it says he did it as an experiment to see if he could make a movie for that cheap. I'ld say job well done!

I remember that Total Recall show. If I recall it wasn't totally bad!