PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Just Cause 2 PC. Help needed immediately.

JonnehW
8th Sep 2010, 18:22
I just bought Just Cause 2 for the PC. I installed it with Steam and it updated itself. When I went to play the game it crashed, saying
"Fatal DirectX error
The game will now exit. try starting the game with /failsafe if the problem persists."
What should I do?
What does /failsafe mean?

NeoQuixotic
13th Sep 2010, 16:49
Right click on Just Cause 2 in your Steam library and select "Properties", then click on "Set Launch Options...", then type /failsafe in the dialog box that appears and click ok. Try running the game. If that still doesn't work maybe you don't have a DX10 capable video card or need to update Direct X (download and run this DX update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3).) If you can list your computer specs or at least your video card that would help too.

Ha$a
28th Sep 2010, 03:01
i got that and i cant play it cosi dont have a powerful enough video card lol anything i can do bout tht or not?

JonnehW
4th Oct 2010, 18:17
Right click on Just Cause 2 in your Steam library and select "Properties", then click on "Set Launch Options...", then type /failsafe in the dialog box that appears and click ok. Try running the game. If that still doesn't work maybe you don't have a DX10 capable video card or need to update Direct X (download and run this DX update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3).) If you can list your computer specs or at least your video card that would help too.

Cheers :D

It's Updating Now, I'm not sure of my video card, I haven't had to change it since I bought my laptop and it is capable of many of the higher end games.

No, still no luck :( It's coming up with the same message :(

JonnehW
6th Oct 2010, 17:59
anyone?

JonnehW
10th Oct 2010, 18:12
Grr. I'm actually annoyed, I can't play it. This isn't funny.

JonnehW
17th Oct 2010, 12:04
Help NEEDED.

JonnehW
21st Oct 2010, 16:39
A reply would be nice :)

JonnehW
23rd Oct 2010, 13:56
Please. I want to play this game!!!

JonnehW
30th Oct 2010, 14:25
Oh, OK. I can wait till JC3. I can wait a few years.
(I'm Lying :L)

ChiRoh
31st Oct 2010, 14:39
Oh, OK. I can wait till JC3. I can wait a few years.
(I'm Lying :L)

Sorry to say this, but it appears (well, at least from what I've seen here) Eidos don't actually pay much attention to these Technical Support Forums; so quite what use such a Forum is, is anyone's guess :hmm:

I think "a few years" is a bit of a rather over-liberal estimate :mad2: Best of luck mate...

JonnehW
7th Nov 2010, 12:47
The thing is, the games has lots of bugs, and have just wasted my £20 :(

ChiRoh
8th Nov 2010, 10:21
The thing is, the games has lots of bugs, and have just wasted my £20 :(

Absolutely mate :thumb:

In fact, whilst trying not to be facetious (;)) I'd say this game has way too many 'bugs/glitches' to have even been permitted to pass testing; but as an aside, yes, wasting our money on this (and the DLC for that matter) is a scandal in itself - but let's feel for those who paid full price at release :nut:

JonnehW
11th Nov 2010, 17:29
But for most people it works, i don't really understand?

ChiRoh
12th Nov 2010, 15:07
But for most people it works, i don't really understand?

Yeah, I can appreciate your point :thumb: - but this game should work for all people using consoles (and nigh-on all people using PC).

Of course, there will always be a small(ish) minority of end-users on PC that will, due to specs of machine, have issues. Such is life :nut:

...but there really should NOT be any direct playability issues on consoles.

For instance, the 'parachute' glitch I am suffering is universal across all formats. Clearly this has nothing to do with console/PC specs, but an actual bug in the game-code.

The scandal is that Eidos/Avalanche/Square-Enix are simply not addressing a problem that is firmly rooted in their own back yard. It is, for use of a better term, sloppy/lazy development, and poor testing. Sad but true...

If you google around, you'll discover all sorts of probs that this game has/had, like the "Vanderbildt Leisure Liner" (i.e. one of the vehicles that you were supposed to find in the game and drive for the Try Everything Once Achievement or Trophy on 360/PS3) that was actually MISSING from the game and had to be corrected with a patch...how on earth did that get past testing :eek:

The 'parachute' glitch can be avoided if you don't do a specific Faction Mission (Broadcast Towers or something) till after you've completed nearly everything else in the game - but surely gamers shouldn't be having to find workarounds for glitches that shouldn't even be there in the first place?

Moreover, given this is a problem of the developers making, why aren't they working on getting it patched? Your guess is as good as mine :hmm:

JonnehW
14th Nov 2010, 11:06
To be honest, i'm quite appauled and disappointed :S

ChiRoh
14th Nov 2010, 12:14
To be honest, i'm quite appauled and disappointed :S

Indeed; us and how many others:confused:

cconroy1
22nd Dec 2010, 08:22
The issue is that your computer is not running at 64bit. it is probably 32bit. personally i'm not sure how to fix this:hmm:, but this is the reason. hope i helped:o