PDA

View Full Version : My Dedication to Jerry Goldsmith ...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 16:39
Underrated film composer Jerry Goldsmith (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000025/) departed from this world six years ago , this world that never truly grasp the genius in him , the richness found within his original scores ... but we're not here to lament about the death of a underrated artist ... especially not six years later ...
(seven years later perhaps , but not six years) ...

Today , about sixteen minutes ago , i've completed Dog Days on Extreme Mode ...
But not just Extreme , it was a 'ultimate' extreme mode ...
Yes , for i have earned both the Hand of God trophy , which requires the player not to die a single time in a chapter , and Dead Men Rising trophy , for completing extreme mode , At The Same Time ...

How does that have to do with Jerry Goldsmith ? ...
Thanks to the genius who had this brilliant idea of adding Custom Soundtrack for Dog Days , i was able to experience the extreme shootouts with Goldsmith's energetic and triumphant-like musical scores , the simple incidents of blowing people's face up with a shotgun at a distance of forty seven yards away was made into a ever lasting memory thanks to the strength and power of Jerry's soundtrack , it gave me strength and power in return to unleash my inner and sensless rampage , and ended the dog days without dying at the end ...

So i dedicate this marvelous stupidity of mine at completing this game on extreme and without dying at the last chapter i played (of which i'm pretty sure i'm the only one in the face of this planet who has ever earned both Hand of God and Dead Men Rising trophies at the same time) , to Jerry Goldsmith , for never else i would have been able to hold enough patience of wanting to run to that plane , undying , and made myself into a legend ...
(also coincidence would have it that my trophy card now stands exactly at 47% (http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=gnrGrievous) , would never have done it without Goldsmith) ...

And Now , you may speak your condolescences to the dead man , or bow down to the glory of my undefeated proudess in gaming ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 16:43
You're so full of yourself it probably made Jerry Goldsmith chuckle in his grave.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 16:45
I'm full of marvelousness indeed ...

JackGordon
7th Sep 2010, 16:51
Elliot Goldenthal.

Bevacur
7th Sep 2010, 17:23
I'll stick with Jesper Kyd.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Sep 2010, 19:15
Hes dead, great, now were stuck with Danny Elfman.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 19:24
Hey at least Elliot and Elfman are all better than Hans Zimmer and Gustavo Santaollala or whatever the hell you spell that , goddamn two time academy award winner and for what ? ...

It's actually good news that Jerry doesn't witness the atrocity that has gone through in the past five years , no wonder both John Williams and Barry doesn't show up anymore ...

PS : Michael Giaccino who started out as a video game composer finally achieved his stardom last year with his oscar , let's hope same thing goes to Jesper Kyd ... some day soon ...

JackGordon
7th Sep 2010, 20:30
Elfman's my second favorite. Though I must admit; every score he writes is basically the same...
But when I hear Goldenthal's score for AlienĀ³, my heart - and I'm bloody serious here - starts pounding faster. That music is really something...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 21:05
"Sommersby" was a standout from Elfman though , and one of my personnal favorites ...

Brackstone17
8th Sep 2010, 00:44
*cough*NickCaveisbetter*cough*

Kent-45
8th Sep 2010, 01:14
Never knew the guy, or his work.

Ehhh.. I don't know why everyone hates on Danny Elfman... His single he did for "Wanted" was pretty good in my book. Granted, I haven't heard a lot of his other stuff.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Sep 2010, 01:39
I thought you realized by now that people likes to hate on the good stuff ...