PDA

View Full Version : Warren Spector pitched a spiritual successor of DX to Disney..

puzl
7th Sep 2010, 15:00
They aren't interested and instead pitch Epic Mickey to him.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263421

So much for his old studio Junction Point taking control away from Publishers and developing their ideas without any interference!

Anyway, Disney now own this IP so don't expect anything to happen from it... ever. On the other hand, I hope that one day Warren talks about the project and what it *could* have been...

Pretentious Old Man.
7th Sep 2010, 16:42
Pitching a Deus Ex spiritual sequel to Disney is like pitching a Europa Universalis spiritual sequel to Activision or a Darklands spiritual sequel to Ubisoft. Even if they say yes, it ain't gonna end well. And they ain't gonna end well.

Also, one can hardly blame Disney for wanting to capitalise on what made them great.

Shralla
7th Sep 2010, 18:16
But if Epic Mickey turns out awesome, they're going to love Warren Spector forever, and will likely throw money at him.

JCpies
7th Sep 2010, 18:21
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Warren you fool!

Pretentious Old Man.
7th Sep 2010, 18:27
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Warren you fool!

1.) Slight over-reaction!
2.) This would have been easier. (http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/)

JCpies
7th Sep 2010, 18:29
1.) Slight over-reaction!
2.) This would have been easier. (http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/)

That was actually the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was going for.

puzl
7th Sep 2010, 19:27
But if Epic Mickey turns out awesome, they're going to love Warren Spector forever, and will likely milk him for sequels til he bleeds.

fixed!

Pinky_Powers
7th Sep 2010, 20:40
I'm just so angry that Epic Mikey is a Wii only game. I don't own a f**king Wii!!

TrickyVein
7th Sep 2010, 20:45
Oh, please. You're a consumer. Go buy one.

maddermadcat
7th Sep 2010, 20:59
fixed!

that is not an image I wanted to have in my head

Cronstintein
7th Sep 2010, 20:59
That is a depressing story.

Kodaemon
7th Sep 2010, 21:38
I'm just so angry that Epic Mikey is a Wii only game. I don't own a f**king Wii!!

Wii emulation is already pretty good, or so I hear. :whistle:

Dead-Eye
7th Sep 2010, 22:53
It was cool when Warren seemed like he was gonna go indie for awhile... it was sad when he had to sell out.

Isterio
8th Sep 2010, 02:32
Ehm guys ...

Epic Mickey?

Sorry, I do not know much about this game, but the screenshots I have seen suggest that it is a Jump&Run game. I might be a victim of a misunderstanding, but why is everyone so excited about the connection between Mr. Spector and a newer version of super mario for the gameboy? And how on earth is this cheap and apparantly not at all interesting game comparable with Deus Ex?

And for this I have to express myself with: "w00t?"

Mickey Mouse is quite lame. I'm no longer a child and therefore not interested in this character. So why do you guys have so strong feelings about this? Please enlighten me ...

[EDIT]
Ah, sorry guys. I think, I understand now...

Mr. Warren Spector is getting old and he wanted to create one more hit, before retirement. And because he had no good connections, he had to go to Disney to present his "new" SiFi idea/project. So he introduced it, but they weren't interested. Instead they showed him out of pitty an old concept from 15 years ago (but now for WII!). WS was shattered and accepted. And because he just sold his soul, he also gave up his "great DX successor" to them for a warm meal and a large paper carton to rest.

That's probably the background story ... sad ... he is a hero for many people here and even I respect him for Deus Ex.

Serendip1ty
8th Sep 2010, 02:38
It was cool when Warren seemed like he was gonna go indie for awhile... it was sad when he had to sell out.

If you'd watch the presentation he did at PAX, you'd know he actually tried to eliminate the publisher part but ended up failing because from a business perspective it simply didn't work out for the things/games he had in mind. In his exact words: "it was 10 years too soon.."

lithos
8th Sep 2010, 02:56
This is one of the biggest problems with the industry where:

IP > Authors.

pringlepower
8th Sep 2010, 03:15
Ehm guys ...

Epic Mickey?

Sorry, I do not know much about this game, but the screenshots I have seen suggest that it is a Jump&Run game. I might be a victim of a misunderstanding, but why is everyone so excited about the connection between Mr. Spector and a newer version of super mario for the gameboy? And how on earth is this cheap and apparantly not at all interesting game comparable with Deus Ex?

And for this I have to express myself with: "w00t?"

Mickey Mouse is quite lame. I'm no longer a child and therefore not interested in this character. So why do you guys have so strong feelings about this? Please enlighten me ...

[EDIT]
Ah, sorry guys. I think, I understand now...

Mr. Warren Spector is getting old and he wanted to create one more hit, before retirement. And because he had no good connections, he had to go to Disney to present his "new" SiFi idea/project. So he introduced it, but they weren't interested. Instead they showed him out of pitty an old concept from 15 years ago (but now for WII!). WS was shattered and accepted. And because he just sold his soul, he also gave up his "great DX successor" to them for a warm meal and a large paper carton to rest.

That's probably the background story ... sad ... he is a hero for many people here and even I respect him for Deus Ex.

Firstly if you think Mickey Mouse and Disney movies only appeal to children, you're an idiot.

Secondly why would Disney hire Warren Spector to make Mickey Mouse platformer. Couldn't they just get someone who makes platformeres to make a Mickey Mouse platformer?

lithos
8th Sep 2010, 03:42
Nothing to do with kids, I just can't stand Disney. They creep me out.

But if Spector's behind it, should be good. Eidos really should've moved heaven, earth and hell to keep him.

Shralla
8th Sep 2010, 05:32

This is going to get modded, but quit being such a ****.

JCpies
8th Sep 2010, 05:55
Oh, please. I'm a consumer. I bought ten.

Fixed.

Isterio
8th Sep 2010, 06:52
Shralla and Pringlepower ...

Your opinions on this have been noted, but the insults aren't necessary. There is no need for rudeness. I'm sorry that I made fun of Mickey. It wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings, being such devotional Mickey fans. Let me apologize to the both of you by stealing some Mickey comic books from some kindergarden kids and send them to you, okay? Please post your addresses so that I can mail them :D

On topic:

Deus Ex is a very good game. Getting a new game, which is said to be even better, would have made me a happy gamer. But now Warren Spector is working on a WII jump&run game? This is quite disturbing. Is it April again?

Unstoppable
8th Sep 2010, 07:08
Well I don't like the Wii very much but that's mostly because it involves moving my arms all over the place. It's a good console but just not for me at the moment. As for Epic Mickey it looks like a fun game but I think it's a big mistake that it's an exclusive.

JackShandy
8th Sep 2010, 10:21
Disney's trying to improve their image- making Mickey Mouse less of a corporate sell-out icon and trying to get rid of the stigma that Disney Games= lameo liscensed kids stuff. Even with that, though, why the hell would you pitch a spiritual successor of Deus Ex to Disney? Did he have any hope they would take it?

Right now Epic Mickey's looking like a platformer with Deus Ex bolted on to it. Could be good. It's a kids game, of course - I doubt it would even be possible to make a game appeal to both hardcore Deus Ex fans and small children. Invisible War syndrome will probably be rife (if you could even call it that, talking about a platformer).

puzl
8th Sep 2010, 10:29
It has quite an Okami vibe to it actually and that was one of my favourite games of the PS2 generation... in fact, I bought a DS just to play the sequel when it's released! Mickey Mouse or Disney never interested me really, though I did love Castle of Illusion and Quackshot back in the day.

I remember seeing the very first Junction Point concept art, whichI assume is the game they pitched to Disney... it looked incredible. I just can't help but feel Spectres talent is wasted making Disney games, nomatter how fun they end up being. Give him free reign, a big budget and the team he wants... who knows, he might just change the world of video games again.

Pinky_Powers
8th Sep 2010, 12:17
Disney's awesome, and only more so when taken in a dark and semi-serious manner. Did nobody here like Kingdom Hearts?

ThePrecursor
8th Sep 2010, 12:55
I just can't help but feel Spectres talent is wasted making Disney games, nomatter how fun they end up being. Give him free reign, a big budget and the team he wants... who knows, he might just change the world of video games again.

Directing Epic Mickey is obviously a way to accomplish this goal. Seeing how much he could earn from Disney (with their oversized money pot) if it were to be a succes. Then he would be ready to finalize his masterplan. :whistle:

Pinky_Powers
8th Sep 2010, 12:58
Directing Epic Mickey is obviously a way to accomplish this goal. Seeing how much he could earn from Disney (with their oversized money pot) if it were to be a succes. Then he would be ready to finalize his masterplan :whistle:

And there's a lot of very interesting things he's doing with Epic Mickey that he can build on in some later, more serious project.

puzl
8th Sep 2010, 13:00
And there's a lot of very interesting things he's doing with Epic Mickey that he can build on in some later, more serious project.

Like Epic Mickey 2? ;)

It is planned as a trilogy afaik, so I wouldn't expect any free time from him anytime soon.

Pinky_Powers
8th Sep 2010, 14:18
Like Epic Mickey 2? ;)

It is planned as a trilogy afaik, so I wouldn't expect any free time from him anytime soon.

Well, seeing how much Spector has always hated sequels, I doubt he'll be helming the follow-ups himself.

At least I hope not!

JCpies
8th Sep 2010, 14:48
Screw publishers I'm Warren Spector!

KSingh77
8th Sep 2010, 16:38
Epic Mickey:Invisible Conspiracy.

Pretentious Old Man.
8th Sep 2010, 18:07
Oh, please. You're a consumer. Go buy one.

Encouraging people to buy an Activision, Apple, Intel or Nintendo, product will be an offense punishable by flogging when I come to power.

Just so you're informed.

Deus_Ex_Machina
8th Sep 2010, 19:10
Directing Epic Mickey is obviously a way to accomplish this goal. Seeing how much he could earn from Disney (with their oversized money pot) if it were to be a succes. Then he would be ready to finalize his masterplan. :whistle:

Oh yes. Within the week.

NO! Within six months.

Rindill the Red
8th Sep 2010, 19:21
Encouraging people to buy an Activision, Apple, Intel or Nintendo, product will be an offense punishable by flogging when I come to power.

Just so you're informed.

Old men. *Warning* *Warning*

Pretentious Old Man.
8th Sep 2010, 19:47
Old men. *Warning* *Warning*

When the Coalition of Linux and Research in Motion which I am leading take over the world, you will all become old men. Or deadmen. Or cakemen.

Take your pick.

Shralla
8th Sep 2010, 19:50
While I'm 100% in agreement with you, it's a touch too personal to allow. Write it again without that if you'd like, or don't.

Deus_Ex_Machina
8th Sep 2010, 19:56
When the Coalition of Linux and Research in Motion which I am leading take over the world, you will all become old men. Or deadmen. Or cakemen.

Take your pick.

If we so choose to be Old Men, can we be Electronic Flexible Old Men?

hem dazon 90
8th Sep 2010, 21:32
Encouraging people to buy

Nintendo, product will be an offense punishable by flogging when I come to power.

seriously? Nintendo! Why would you be so cruel?

NKD
8th Sep 2010, 21:44
Warren Spector also let Invisible War out the door. Are you really surprised?

Mindmute
8th Sep 2010, 22:21
A warm meal and a cardboard carton? Never mind the fact that he owns two homes. He "sold out" to Disney when they "threw him some scraps" by giving him Epic Mickey? Never mind the fact that his second home is LITERALLY FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH DISNEY MERCHANDISE, and that being able to work on a Mickey Mouse property has been one of his lifelong DREAMS. Epic Mickey was them "showing pity"? Never mind that they're counting on Warren Spector single-handedly reviving their #1 mascot and brand and bringing it to a new generation of people? Never mind that this is literally the FIRST time EVER that Disney has allowed any outside studio or entity access to literally everything in the Disney archives.

No, my problem is not with you "insulting Mickey Mouse." My problem is with you being an ignorant jackass and ****ting all over Warren Spector just because you're "too mature" to like Mickey Mouse.

Great post.

luminar
9th Sep 2010, 03:02
Warren Spector also let Invisible War out the door. Are you really surprised?

But wasn't it some other guy who was the "big boss" on that project?

lithos
9th Sep 2010, 04:00
So...will there be plenty of latent racism in this game, like all good Disney IP?

pringlepower
9th Sep 2010, 04:13
So...will there be plenty of latent racism in this game, like all good Disney IP?

Hack, stealth, combat and socialize your way to stop the Jewish-run conspiracy.

lithos
9th Sep 2010, 04:58
Hack, stealth, combat and socialize your way to stop the Jewish-run conspiracy.

Will there be a level where you get to crack some shop stewards' skulls? Or where you have to make sure your employees clock off before going to the toilet? Or tell Minnie you'd love to have her as a playable character, but that women aren't able to do that?

Or, better yet, rat out Donald Duck to HUAC?

pringlepower
9th Sep 2010, 05:05
Will there be a level where you get to crack some shop stewards' skulls? Or where you have to make sure your employees clock off before going to the toilet? Or tell Minnie you'd love to have her as a playable character, but that women aren't able to do that?

Or, better yet, rat out Donald Duck to HUAC?

There will be a Jamaican crab and some Crows, playing their ethnic roles as secondary characters. Although, interesting note: there hasn't been a white Disney Princess since '91 (Belle).

JCpies
9th Sep 2010, 05:44
And not to mention the level in epic mickey when you have to kill squinty eyed, big nosed Japanese people.

Pretentious Old Man.
9th Sep 2010, 20:07
seriously? Nintendo! Why would you be so cruel?

Seriously, I'm doing you a favour. Since Nintendo products make you either turn into either a 12 year old schoolgirl or a 78 year old granny (this is a proven fact. Think the people playing them now started out like that?), I'm just helping to keep you as a thirty to forty year old alpha male for longer.

And I'm not even charging for the privilege.

Pinky_Powers
9th Sep 2010, 20:18
If playing Mario Kart makes me a child/old-person, I can live with that.

RandomJunkie
9th Sep 2010, 20:35
Adults are not allowed to have fun, unless it is a mature form of fun.

FrankCSIS
9th Sep 2010, 23:21
Mario Kart is delicious, and I'm looking forward to Tron. There, the truth is out!

Epic Mickey sounds like it can have some real potential, and the advantage of working with this franchise for Spector is having, in his creatinve hands, material crafted by thousands of people over decades of entertainment. The source material is more furnished than possibly any adaptation one could ever make of anything.

Pinky_Powers
10th Sep 2010, 02:18
Epic Mickey sounds like it can have some real potential, and the advantage of working with this franchise for Spector is having, in his creatinve hands, material crafted by thousands of people over decades of entertainment. The source material is more furnished than possibly any adaptation one could ever make of anything.

And may he burn in hell for only releasing it on the Wii!!

:mad2:

lithos
11th Sep 2010, 04:02
The Wii's the only console worth getting, in my opinion.

JCpies
11th Sep 2010, 06:42
The Wii's the only console worth getting, in my opinion.

The comment above may be offensive and/or misleading. This user has been known to take drugs before he posts, please read with caution. Any comments to do with the Wii being worth the money are absolute crap. Thank you for your time.

Rindill the Red
11th Sep 2010, 07:28
My predictions for Epic Mickey: your standard Nintendo platformer... nothing great or mind blowing, and not worth purchasing a Wii for, but decent and entertaining.

JCpies
11th Sep 2010, 10:40
We all know that ignoring Warren's idea was the worst decision they've ever made. 'period'.

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Sep 2010, 10:42
**** the Koran burning session, I'm organising a console burning session! Muslims are no threat at all, console fanboiz are.

Who will join me in my epic quest?

JCpies
11th Sep 2010, 10:52
**** the Koran burning session, I'm organising a console burning session! Muslims are no threat at all, console fanboiz are.

I'm with you all the way. But I don't want to burn mah PS3. It cost alot. I'll burn any other console though.

In soviet Russia people don't burn Korans, Korans burn people.

Pinky_Powers
11th Sep 2010, 16:38
My predictions for Epic Mickey: your standard Nintendo platformer... nothing great or mind blowing, and not worth purchasing a Wii for, but decent and entertaining.

Is it a platformer? Yes. Is it just a platformer? ...is Deus Ex just a shooter?

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Sep 2010, 16:51
Is it a platformer? Yes. Is it just a platformer? ...is Deus Ex just a shooter?

In Soviet Russia, the platforms jump on Mario.

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 18:36

Don't even joke about that ****in koran burning thing! I am so pissed at this country right now you wouldn't believe

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 18:37
The florida pastor declined to burn the book after all. You knew that, right?

Otherwise, I agree.

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 18:42
The florida pastor declined to burn the book after all. You knew that, right?

Otherwise, I agree.

the fact that somebody in the supposed "greatest country in the world" Even thought of that gives further credence than us New Yorkers should just secede and let the rest of the US crumble into a religious fundamentalist dystopia.

pringlepower
11th Sep 2010, 18:44
the fact that somebody in the supposed "greatest country in the world" Even thought of that gives further credence than us New Yorkers should just secede and let the rest of the US crumble into a religious fundamentalist dystopia.

Don't leave San Francisco alone out there!

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 18:46
Don't leave San Francisco alone out there!

Okay you guys can come too

(and maybe Boston)

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 18:47
Don't be a drama queen.

One man - very small flock - quite sensationalized. And he didn't even go through with it. And from that, you say that New York should SECEDE - (not succeed, cause that would be wrong)? Did it ever occur to you that virtually nobody else agreed with the man? Please.

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 18:50
Don't be a drama queen.

One man - very small flock - quite sensationalized. And he didn't even go through with it. And from that, you say that New York should SECEDE - (not succeed, cause that would be wrong)? Did it ever occur to you that virtually nobody else agreed with the man? Please.

Look at all the media attention he got. And then look at all the media attention the retarded "ground zero mosque" got despite the fact that it wasn't a mosque and it wasn't at ground zero.

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 19:07
I'm sorry, what are you trying to tell me? What are you trying to say?

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 19:10
The US is an Islamaphobic hellhole and it is becoming clear to me that if people won't accept people for their religion here like they say in the fookin constitution then I'm leaving

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 19:17
And yet, on the other hand, it's wonderful that this country permits the kinds of freedoms that it does: legally, no one could have stopped him from burning the Koran.

And I think lots of other people are wary of Islam right about now, not just the US. Pakistan is in danger of being taken over by extremists again. How many Iraqis and Afghans continue to be killed by militants in their own countries from suicide bombings?

Religious freedom may be permitted in this country under the constitution, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that I have to accept or respect any of that religion.

pringlepower
11th Sep 2010, 19:18
The US is an Islamaphobic hellhole and it is becoming clear to me that if people won't accept people for their religion here like they say in the fookin constitution then I'm leaving

In a way, it's fair. Every other ethnic/religious group that has come to the US has gotten heavy discrimination for a while. Now it's the Muslims' turn.

It's a nice cycle of racism. And after the Arabs, maybe it'll be Pacific Islanders, or Ecuadorians.

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 19:21
You realize that Arabs are not Muslims, necessarily? Two different peoples.

Ecuadorians probably got their fair share around the turn of the century under Teddy Roosevelt. Pacific Islanders have always been fair game.

Actually, as China continues to increase its pants size and starts shoving around its neighbors and getting dodgy with its white-Western overlords, I suspect there will a good bit of (increased) racism towards Asian Americans in the near future.

hem dazon 90
11th Sep 2010, 19:24
In a way, it's fair. Every other ethnic/religious group that has come to the US has gotten heavy discrimination for a while. Now it's the Muslims' turn.

It's a nice cycle of racism. And after the Arabs, maybe it'll be Pacific Islanders, or Ecuadorians.

Why can't people chill the hell out and live in harmony?

TrickyVein
11th Sep 2010, 19:27
Your pretenses are all wrong. You're assuming that we'd be able to.

FrankCSIS
11th Sep 2010, 19:34
Why can't people chill the hell out and live in harmony?

Obviously, it's all because of Disney.

Shralla
11th Sep 2010, 19:37
Your pretenses are all wrong. You're assuming that we'd be able to.

We would if people weren't so irrational.

luminar
11th Sep 2010, 19:44
We would if people weren't so irrational.

Hence we can't lol! Gah people suck so hard!

lithos
12th Sep 2010, 04:23
Don't even joke about that ****in koran burning thing! I am so pissed at this country right now you wouldn't believe

Post more image macros. Maybe that'll help.

hem dazon 90
12th Sep 2010, 04:34
Post more image macros. Maybe that'll help.

good idea...

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/in_ur_couch_410.jpg

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/demotivational-posters-america.jpg

http://quiento.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Arguecat.hiss.jpg

all i can think of

free2game
18th Sep 2010, 04:02
Pitching a Deus Ex spiritual sequel to Disney is like pitching a Europa Universalis spiritual sequel to Activision or a Darklands spiritual sequel to Ubisoft. Even if they say yes, it ain't gonna end well. And they ain't gonna end well.

Also, one can hardly blame Disney for wanting to capitalise on what made them great.
I'd guess the idea didn't grab them more being not interested. Disney is a large company with a varied number of things they do.