PDA

View Full Version : New Arcade Game Ideas?

Marluxia15
6th Sep 2010, 23:48
So I wanted to create a thread where we can share ideas for new Tomb Raider Arcade game ideas! I'll start off with mine! Comment and tell them what you think!

Lara Croft and the Wrath of the Titans

Upon exploring a lost Grecian ruin, Lara Croft accidentally unleashes the mighty and terrifying Titans. One of the gods comes down from Olympus and tells Lara that the Titans are heading for Olympus to take their revenge on Zeus, the one who imprisoned them. Lara must travel with this God, maybe Hercules or someone, along the mythical path to Olympus stopping each of the Titans along the way. Like Totec's spear, Lara would be given the power of one of the gods that would allow her to overcome environmental obstacles.

;)

Jurre
7th Sep 2010, 06:49
For a next LC game Greece would be a perfect location.

chriss_99
7th Sep 2010, 17:37
I hope Crystal Dynamics will introduce new approach to the Lara Croft games in the future.
Adding some new features to the game would make it more attractive. The worst thing is to repeat the exact same formula of LCGoL.
As for the location, I'd love to see Egypt. I miss this location a lot.

Marluxia15
8th Sep 2010, 01:46
I do think greece would be an awesome location! I keep thinking of that kind of architecture in the game, and what kind of grecian-god history that could be incorporated and it gets me excited!!! :lmao:

As for Egypt, I think that'd be a great idea to bring it back. It seemed they exhausted it a bit much with TR1, 4 and Anniversary. Everything else is pretty unique. No more pillar releases with Egypt though. I'd just like to see an Egyptian DLC. And a new forumla, instead of Totec's spear would be interesting. I just wonder what they'll come up with! Who would've thought a spear that you can REALLY interact with! I'm sure they could think of something new and creative again! ;)

Keep em' coming!

;)

Marluxia15
9th Sep 2010, 22:03
LCGoL Creators said they really wanted to do an arcade game revolving around a story set in Louisiana, I think. So I thought of a new game idea in which Lara is searching for some mystical talisman in the swamplands of Lousiana, but when an evil man (the antagonist) also wants its powers, he races Lara to it. Lara is assissted by a voodoo-lady who is gifted in the dark arts and sees danger in her quest.

SE_Cath
9th Sep 2010, 22:47
New Orleans. With Kurtis. :p

Marluxia15
11th Sep 2010, 15:21
Clara I love the idea! The idea of being able to play as Kurtis opens up a whole new level of gameplay options like using his blade thing like a boomerang to solve different puzzles, or just as a kick-butt weapon. And his far-see ability could be incorporated someway I guess.

TF.Denis
19th Sep 2010, 01:57
lol and im greek..

SE_Cath
21st Sep 2010, 11:52
Clara I love the idea! The idea of being able to play as Kurtis opens up a whole new level of gameplay options like using his blade thing like a boomerang to solve different puzzles, or just as a kick-butt weapon. And his far-see ability could be incorporated someway I guess.
Yes, that's exactly what I would hope for. And no more complaints about him being mandatory since the coop' is optional. Hell, there are so many options here... :D

GeorgeMaciver
21st Sep 2010, 12:53
A new approach Chris, and go back to Egypt???

:scratch: :D

And no to Kurtis Trout :rasp:

Marluxia15
22nd Sep 2010, 00:15
@GeorgeMaciver- I like the idea of going back to Egypt! I can already see the graphics and puzzles for an Egyptian-styled DLC game! There are just SO many options with Egypt from locations to puzzles and history! Imagine exploring a desert ruin on the surface and finding a way to open the pyramid. What about a level with an obelisk as its centerpiece and you have to ascend to the top of the chamber/ obelisk through a series of back routes and such-much like the Obelisk of Khamoon level from TRA...and puzzles would be fun! Kinda like on the DS how you could go back and open all of the treasure chests after the game was done. What about playing a game of Set or something!!! And online co-op would allow us to play with other people!!! AGH! So many great ideas!!! I cannot wait to see what Eidos/ Crystal/ Square come up with next!!!!!!

;)

Rexie
22nd Sep 2010, 17:48
No more Egypt. I love Egypt, but if I see one more Egypt level, I will tie myself with chains in my room and refuse to go outside.

And honestly, GoL is fun. But they should focus on an EPIC TR9.

TF.Denis
23rd Sep 2010, 08:50
No more Egypt. I love Egypt, but if I see one more Egypt level, I will tie myself with chains in my room and refuse to go outside.

And honestly, GoL is fun. But they should focus on an EPIC TR9.

I agree..but they said they have separate teams

Jurre
23rd Sep 2010, 17:18
Maybe instead of Egypt they should go for Mesopotamia, just a thought...