PDA

View Full Version : "Didn't They ******* Bothered Tested This Game ?" Thread ...

GrievousOdyssey
6th Sep 2010, 22:50
As a spin-off to my "Annoying things in games you like" topic , here's one where you basically speak out those games that you really , Really believe that no one bothered checking if it works or not before shipping it out ...

In my case this generally happens with ... just about Every games i played on Hard difficulties ...
I mean this is something that i had thought about for years now , but it just 'sparkled' again in my mind a few days ago when i finally finished the last two levels of World at War on Veteran (i don't know why i played that in the first place , it only gave me bronze trophies , so must have been a personal desire of achievement , i don't know , anywya) ... and they were just ... oh my ... sanity ...

DID THEY EVEN BOTHERED TESTING THEIR GAMES ON HARD DIFFICULTIES ! ...

Damn it , i seriously wanted to see the developers finishing Their Own games in hard modes , see if they don't scream or even cry ...

No don't tell me i just happens to be the only one who feels this way , afterall if they even implement several difficulty level it's for a reason , to entertain the different kind of gaming audience ! so , if they wish to 'satisfy' the different kind of audience , why , is it so hard for them to see if the damn thing Works ...

Oh yes , of course , i eventually manages to complete all these games in their ultra hard modes , so it's not like it's 'impossible' ... but the sanity we had to live through ! i mean jesus ! ...

I'll leave it to you guys to rant in my place , i'm still suffering from the horrible memories ... no words to describe it ... no ... no words ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 00:38
It's called "hard/extreme/impossible/whatever else" for a reason you know? It's not like it's broken or anything...sure it's frustrating but it's supposed to give you a challenge.

I don't play games that I don't enjoy. Reason why I never played through any Call of Duty games on veteran because it just wasn't fun for me. I consider it a waste of time if I'm not enjoying the experience.

Oh and if they ever do HD Classics for Devil May Cry, please video tape yourself playing through DMC3 on Dante's Must Die Mode...I would love to see that.

Anyway, I don't think they tested Dog Days...it's filled with glitches, and bugs. One big mess.

Brackstone17
7th Sep 2010, 00:59
I agree with Grievous actually. Some developers don't realize that to overcome difficulty, the player should only need skill. Games like Call of Duty tend to make it so only one specific way will result in beating a level, or they make it randomly difficult. The problem with this is that instead of a lack of skill being the cause of failure, it's a result of being unlucky.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 01:07
Once again , Brackstone goes through my brain , and took out all the nonsense , and puts a nice dress to my thoughts , and slam it as his post ...

Asside from Dead Men's Morphine and the God of War franchise's hard modes , i don't think i ever played a game that offered me a 'challenging' hard mode ...
It's all mostly 'luck based' indeed ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 01:27
Fallout 3's very hard mode is pretty hard and not just luck based.
Metal Gear Solid Series had pretty difficult modes as well.
Devil May Cry series were difficult unless you knew what to do.

And those are just off top of my head.

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 02:07
Dead Men on Morphine is pretty damn easy after some FA.
But STALKER on hard is unforgiving, on par with Dog Days' Extreme.

joe the janitor
7th Sep 2010, 02:10
Arma 2 on anything other then easy, and medium difficulty.
Metro 2033 on anything other then easy.
Mount and Blade on anything other then easy, and normal difficulty settings.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 02:17
Fallout 3's very hard mode is pretty hard and not just luck based.
Metal Gear Solid Series had pretty difficult modes as well.

Fallout 3 isn't a difficult game to begin with , but that doesn't matter since the game wasn't suppose to be difficult ...
(unless you reach level 30 , and plays on very hard ... oh god ... the memories ... NOOOOOOOO !) ...

Metal Gear franchise is just tedious on anything other than normal , and i do not want to know how did people managed to beat Guns of the Patriot on very hard , under five hours , without killing or being killed once ...

Thank god the trophy patch never came out , because i know i would have been tempted in getting that one , and ... oh no , the memories ... but i never had these memories ... Oh god , Made up memories !!! ...

Dead Men on Morphine is pretty damn easy after some FA.
But STALKER on hard is unforgiving, on par with Dog Days' Extreme.

Extreme wasn't 'That' unforgiving really ... there were three moments in the game that had me restarting for an hour before i went through , but overall ... it's alright ...

Or am i just That Good ? *stands tall and proud , with invisible orchestra playing the Grievous-destroys-you-all symphony number forty seven* ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 03:15
Nah you're not that good, I had only two parts that took me awhile instead of three :P

But yeah, imagine the trophies for MGS4...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 03:23
I was being generous , i meant a part and a half , but since i keep seeing things in double , i viewed it as three , so ...

*smiles* ...

But of course , even if Guns of the Patriot gets its trophy patch , we're not entirely sure it's going to be a 'Hardcore' patch ...
Afterall look at what they did with the God of War collection , not One difficulty related trophy ...

Christ , even God of War they're forking it for the casual audience ...
The guys who played it on No Upgrade Runs must be left dumbfounded ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 03:41
...yeah, sure...whatever.

I haven't played/seen the GOW trophies but I played originals on PS2...I assumed they actually tried and made those trophies pretty hard or at least few very hard ones.

Oh well, it seems like companies are making easier trophies/achievements so even those uninterested would play those games just for the sake of 'em being easy.

We'll see the trophies in next MGS game...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 03:44
I can't wait for that new Spider-man game , it's the first of the franchise to have trophies ! ...

. . .

**** how did we managed to go off the train tracks again ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 03:45
...it's always like that, I thought you got used to it.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 03:54
At least i prefer the deraillings we're doing here than whatever the hell is happening in the main hall ...

There's like this politician wannabe making a name for himself by exploiting dead people on the left , and to the right there is a weird phenomenon where the same discussion is being multiplied by the dozens ...

. . . yeah ...

Where the **** is Bevacur and his tendency to blow **** up when we actually need it ! ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Sep 2010, 11:55
I'd prefer hard and easy to be different in bot. I.E. bots on easy dont use cover as much, make errors and arent as tactical, whilst in hard they dont just boost the damage from guns but actually make the ai smarter.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 14:39
It's ridiculous how gamers in forums always have more 'revoluionnary' ideas than what developpers could ever think of ...
I mean imagine if them gamers with ideas all made a game together ...

Marvelous ...

ohitspatty
7th Sep 2010, 18:11
Yeah, it's kinda the way it is. Kids want to become developers because they have wicked ideas but when they are all grown up and become said game creators...they realize it's not as easy as it sounds to make a game.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 19:19
All they need is money and time , if a publisher is willing to give them both , i'm sure something wonderful can come out of these creative kids ...

Or is it ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2010, 00:37
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun ...

In fact this following outcry goes fot just about Any game that has similar issues ...

- Absymal A.I. ... and i mean it ... enemies will stand around , while your allies likes to circle around the enemy ...
I liked how the japs could dodge bullets by leaning to the side just to piss you off , that wasn't so bad ... but for the rest of the time they just STAND AROUND ...

- Poor Hit Detection ... i can't explain it without having some visual examples , but remember how people criticized Dead Men for the bullets that never seemed to hit the enemies ? well apply it for this game , multiply it by Three ...

There , only two outcries , but since running and shooting is actually the meat of the game ... well you understand ...

Medal of Honor: European Assault ...

For a game that seemed to have been casualised so much when you compare to its predecessors and even sequels , it's a really odd manouever to make the game harder as you move on from chapter to chapter (and i mean Really uping the notch) , to the point where the last level can only be completed if you performed in a particular way ...
Sure , i understand that the game adopted an 'arcade' style ... ... oh alright it makes sense ... nevermind ...

Also , as a side note ...

Fallout 3 Game of the year edition , as well as (from what i've heard) Fallout New Vegas ...

How could they release a game that freezes so much ? and randomly too ! ...

What ? did it just so happens that when they tested the game it was during that random moment where there wasn't any bug/glitch/freezes ? ... oh lord ...

ohitspatty
16th Nov 2010, 03:18
To tell you the truth I stopped playing New Vegas for awhile because I got fed up with the constant freezes. I rebooted my system way too many times in past few weeks.

MxOAgentJohnson
16th Nov 2010, 09:18
Yeah, it's kinda the way it is. Kids want to become developers because they have wicked ideas but when they are all grown up and become said game creators...they realize it's not as easy as it sounds to make a game.

Implying you're talking about kids riddled with adhd, asperger and braindamage.

Making a game is simple as ****, it just takes tme and dedication rather than a flick of the wrist.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2010, 16:44
To tell you the truth I stopped playing New Vegas for awhile because I got fed up with the constant freezes. I rebooted my system way too many times in past few weeks.

Oh well , guess i'll just wait for the game of the year edition next year like i said i would ...

They would probably fix everything up t'ill then ...

... yeah , that was being sarcastic ...

What a pathetic industry we're nourishing ...

Implying you're talking about kids riddled with adhd, asperger and braindamage.

Making a game is simple as ****, it just takes tme and dedication rather than a flick of the wrist.

What is it with you people suddenly replying to stuuf people said months ago ? ...

Oh **** patty ! you're the virus ! ... that's why you were breaking the system ! You're the virus ! ...

Plot twist ! plot twist ! ...

Contagious !!! ...

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2010, 03:32
Call of Duty ... the very first one ...
Same goes to its supposedly 'remastered' version , Classics ...

Veteran Mode ...
Offers no healthpacks ...
A checkpoint system that requires a minimum of 47% of health left ...
A completely random enemy damage system that makes the health bar utterly useless ... might as well play the game without getting shot once ...

And what kind of a game will that be ? ...

By the way how the hell did this game get so damn popular ? i mean let's even ignore that Veteran mode even existed , the single player is ... boring ...
Or maybe the game eventually gets better in Act II and III ...
But so far after completing Act I i don't see how is it possible that this game won so many game of the year awards ... and i'm playing this game back to back with Medal of Honor Frontline , now if Call of Duty is considered as a game of the year , then Frontline is the single best game of the past decade ...

No really , **** as to be put in perspective ...

Unless all the fuss only concerned multiplayer ... of which i can safely say i know nothing about ...

GrievousOdyssey
9th Dec 2010, 08:17
The 'melee' attack in Airborne (2007) ...

I'm starting to figure out why when i started a new game it wanted to set itself on easy difficulty instead of normal , because this game is brutal ...

Well , the health runs out fast , but that's not an issue , you can just take cover and engage shootouts carefully , sometimes with a great distance is advised too ...

In fact the game is pretty easy if you play it cool , and not charge head on like we're accustomed to in Call of Duties ...

But damn , the melee attack ...

Sometimes it takes one rifle butt hit to knock out the nazi , sometimes it takes two , and when they notices you and starts getting nasty on you it takes three ... it's random ...
When the nazi sees you , he'll fight back in melee too , and here comes the problem ...

The hit detection is poor , the nazi can swing his rifle with a six feet distance and still hit you , so trying to run and dodge is useless ...
Now if you decide to do a melee 'duel' with him you'll either die or loose half of your health , why ? because unlike your character , the germans can make three melee swings at an outstanding speed while your character can barely start his second swing ...

You would then think that the most efficient way (and perhaps the way the game designers wanter you to use) with melee attacks is to charge up to them and hit it (when you make a dash run plus melee it propels the ragdoll body quite impressively) ... and it works ... When it works ...
Because quite often the german soldier will ... 'slide out' the screen to your left or right , and then give your a suppository from your back ...

So , avoid all melees and just shoot them in the head , right ? ...

Right , but not using a gameplay feature just because it doesn't work , or that it only works on easier difficulty settings , well that just ain't right ...

As a side note , its been said by the designers that they wanted to make the enemy A.I. in this game to use the terrain efficiently as to avoid being easy targets for the player ...
Sounds good ...

Unfortunately , this A.I. perk makes them grow another pair of eyes , or rather , a highly efficient radar , on top of their head , because even if you find and use the strategic vantage points and want to rain down your sniping skill from the high ground , you'll see that whenever your scope aims for the nazi soldier he'll Immediately Know you're aiming for him ... and will start running off for a new cover , and this will continue whenever your rifle scope aims at him again ...

So you might just want to shoot them in the leg and be done with it and not bother with headshots anymore ...

GrievousOdyssey
13th Feb 2011, 13:10
Dead Men ...

Oh the shooting accuracy was fine ...
The graphics were saved by the art direction ...
But the level design ...

The contradictory logic between the nature and philosophy of the game that asks one must play it 'slowly' and strategically in order to successfully complete the shootouts in a entertaining way as in playing an interactive choreographed movie action scene ... And the Fact that you got three dozen guns pointed at you from all over the place, forcing you to pick them off one by one, making the shootouts to appear constrictive and unsatisfying, as you don't feel like you're part of something big, rather, it's something big and rigid that is thrown at and crushing you ...

For the first time, i am saying that Dead Men sucks, because it simply failed to be what it was born to be ...
Story might be where we'll always digest the most, but story alone does not compensate for the uneven gameplay ...

I'm actually having a headache right now, so wall of text later ...