PDA

View Full Version : Please sign this petition guys!

TheMoD
5th Sep 2010, 16:07
Alright so back in 1996 there was this point'n'click adventure game called Toonstruck featuring christopher lloyd as the main character, it was actually one of the best adventure games I've ever played. However there's one big problem with the game. It was never actually finished.

You see the game was supposed to be much longer, but because the publisher wanted to release it sooner than expected by the developers they had to split it in two and release the first half of it, and they were expecting to release the second half as a sequel. But sadly the game didn't sell well at all and so a game that was almost DONE never got released.

However about a month ago this (http://www.destructoid.com/-tremendous-fan-support-could-mean-toonstruck-2-180880.phtml) came up. So after all there might finally be a chance for this game to be released. I don't really know why he'd need "tremendous fan support", having a fanbase at all is already a bonus. Releasing the game as a downloadable title nowadays I'm sure he'd make some profit... anyway here's the petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo/
Please sign it people. Seriously this game finally being released the way it was intended would be a dream come true...
I couldn't really find a video that manages to showcase the awesomeness of the game but with this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaQee2vVXYU&feature=related) you'll get an idea of what it looks like

SlashPrower
5th Sep 2010, 16:13
Dude, I respect that you want a sewuel to an awesome game but online petitions are the most ineffectual things ever and I've never seen one that accomplished anything.

I'll sign it, but don't expect anything to come from this.

TheMoD
5th Sep 2010, 16:18
Thanks! I know usually they're useless but in this case it might be different. The guy himself said he'd need tremendous fan support, unlike with most petitions where people try to revive something that was already officially cancelled

BeardedHoplite
5th Sep 2010, 21:01
Hey, I signed a Release Manhunt 2 Uncensored petition a while back, and it got released

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Sep 2010, 21:36
"Hi there, would you like to sign my petition"

Aah postal dude :)

GrievousOdyssey
6th Sep 2010, 18:49
Hey, I signed a Release Manhunt 2 Uncensored petition a while back, and it got released

Bull**** , it was only released on PC ! BOO ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 02:08
Bull**** , it was only released on PC ! BOO ...

Bah, thats what AR Maxes are for, man. And Playstations, I suppose

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 02:19
The censored version i got on the PS2 was good enough anywya , i don't think more blood would have made it any better ...

Or was there also a 'cannibalism mode' in the uncensored version ? ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 02:22
Or was there also a 'cannibalism mode' in the uncensored version ? ...

Nope, but you could rip a dude's balls off with pliers and decapitate masochists with a detatched table sqw

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 02:32
Hmmm ... i think i Did saw that in my copy ...

This franchise would be marvelous when it hits the current generation console , with trophies and achievements of course ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 02:39
47 Don't Have **** on Me- 47 decapitations with the piano wire gruesome kills

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 02:45
Lynch's Law ~ use any blunt object to demolish a man's face , then strip his clothes naked ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 03:02
Kane's Mark - stab an enemy with the punch-dagger and do a Retomoto on them

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 03:08
WTF Ninjas ? ~ use only the shadows to lure and kill enemies for an entire level ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Sep 2010, 03:11
YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME TALK TO THEM!!!! - Perform a gruesome payphone execution

GrievousOdyssey
7th Sep 2010, 03:14
Like a Plumber Fighter ~ used that big red wrench for an entire level ...