PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS topic

H.D.Case
1st Sep 2010, 23:48
I've been browsing through DXHR image sections and it struck me. I keep complaining and haven't really said what I really like from what I have seen so far. I think that it is good to appreciate what should be appreciated from time to time.

So what are my likes? I love the level of detail and the cyberpunk feel I get from all the pictures. I am not sure how it is gonna look like on the game's engine, but if the shown screenshots are not photoshopped to look much better, I am really looking forward to just walking around and checking the game's places (is swimming from Detroit to Toronto possible? :P ). Or just look through the window in the apartment. When I was watching the materials, I have reminded myself of the Blade Runner adventure game where all those details were top-notch. And the apartment view from the game. I expect it will be the same here, I think I see some inspiration, so KUDOS for that! I just hope the quality is not going to be much worse on the computer. The info I read, that the textures on the PC version will be better, gives me big hopes :)) I even think I may be buying the game for that alone, especially if modding is available. It would be so much to play with while setting your own imaginary world :D I hope the interactivity with the environment will be big enough for feeling more of being there.

KUDOS for the possibility of different approaches. We, of course, can't comment much on that yet, but it seems you guys cared about making it diversified and I feel it may increase the game's replayability well enough :)

My KUDOS for caring about good fmv cutscenes. Some people don't like it, but I find it rewarding. Ofc, some of the action looks overdrawn, but it still looks nice :)

That's all that comes to my mind now. Can't say much about the rest yet, right? :)

Gordon_Shea
2nd Sep 2010, 00:04
I like how they had the balls to straight up point out that Deus Ex has a lot of flaws, like the utter collapse of open level design towards the end of the game, rather than just talking up its virtues incessantly. I also like how a lot of stuff in it just feels like Deus Ex. I mean from the minute I read about how in the demo a dude was able to use strength to stack things to jump over obstacles it was like "Whoa that's really Deus Ex".

Also I like that they've been up front about some of the game's shortcomings, talking about how it's not feasible for them to have as many physics objects as in Deus Ex or straight up saying that yeah, the art design is a bit off from Deus Ex, but it makes more sense in terms of from now to then, which is more important.

WildcatPhoenix
2nd Sep 2010, 00:14
Also I like that they've been up front about some of the game's shortcomings, talking about how it's not feasible for them to have as many physics objects as in Deus Ex or straight up saying that yeah, the art design is a bit off from Deus Ex, but it makes more sense in terms of from now to then, which is more important.

Yep, makes a lot more sense that 2050 looks more realistic than 2027.

Oh, crap, this is a positive thread....hmmm....positive, positive...

...okay. I absolutely love the conversation we saw with Tong in The Hive, where it remains in 1st person and yet Tong reacts in a dynamic way. I hope the majority of conversations turn out this way. I also think the conversation "wheel" is going to turn out a lot better than we initially feared, and dare I say it, might even be an improvement over the original conversation system?

xsamitt
2nd Sep 2010, 00:20
I believe we will be challenged in ways that are new and unique ways,in ways that may have never been done so in a title out there.Good Voice acting.I like the concept art.The art director really seems passionate about what he had accomplished,that's always a good sign.The levels are big that's a plus.

Pinky_Powers
2nd Sep 2010, 00:30
Big saggy kudos-balls to EM for the depth they've attained. It's a great relief to know there's a lot of weapons, with lots of Mods, and different ammunition types. 21 body Augs with their own upgrade tree!
Extra Kudos for trying something new in the Verbal Combat, and for going for complexity in the hacking; I hope they don't suck when I get my hands on them.
I praise your efforts in what sounds like delightfully subtle choices with heavy and unknowable consequences.
E-mails, newspapers, (hopefully books too), and eavesdropping on random conversations... powerfully atmospheric tools!
The AI sounds good. And the simple reality of them looking back over their shoulders occasionally is HUGE!

Above all I thank the $h1t out of you for the number of non-hostile NPCs we've seen. It gives the world a very alive feel. And that is more important to me than just about all the other stuff.