PDA

View Full Version : It might just be me but does "The Town" seem a lot like Dead Men?

joe the janitor
29th Aug 2010, 05:43
Trailer for The Town. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7wcayQQLQ)

The film follows the action of four Charlestown, Massachusetts bank robbers as they are pursued by law enforcement. Affleck plays a professional thief who falls for a bank manager (Rebecca Hall) after a dangerous heist. He struggles with this newfound relationship whilst evading a tenacious FBI agent (Jon Hamm) looking to catch him and his crew before they rob another bank.
-Wikipedia

This could just me me but so far this seems more "Kane & Lynch" then the actual Kane & Lynch film.

JackGordon
29th Aug 2010, 10:11
This looks actually quite good.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 18:13
Need more Dogs ...

ohitspatty
29th Aug 2010, 19:38
I'm 'effing Ben Affleck.

Brackstone17
31st Aug 2010, 03:00
It looks good but I see absolutely no connection to Dead Men at all more than some dudes robbing banks.

ohitspatty
31st Aug 2010, 03:14
But to some...that was all Dead Men ever was.

"some dudes robbing banks"

joe the janitor
31st Aug 2010, 05:08

Not even. It was something about the directing style that just seemed to click dead men with me. Not sure why.

Kent-45
31st Aug 2010, 05:10
Ben Affleck will always be the bounty hunter that dies 15 minutes into the movie on Smokin' Aces to me.

VegaSagatBison
31st Aug 2010, 07:54
I'm curious to see if Affleck can continue to deliver as a director. "Gone Baby Gone" was pretty good.

Ben Affleck will always be the bounty hunter that dies 15 minutes into the movie on Smokin' Aces to me.

He will always be the little kid from "Voyage of the Mimi" to me.

ohitspatty
31st Aug 2010, 08:18
He was always be f'ed by Jimmy Kimmel to me.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 18:24

Yeah , i know how you feel ... *manly tears hug time* ...

Now That ! was a Kane & Lynch movie ! ...

I'm curious to see if Affleck can continue to deliver as a director. "Gone Baby Gone" was pretty good.

Hey i thought i was the only one who liked it ...

He was always be f'ed by Jimmy Kimmel to me.

Alright since you all want to play this game ...
Ben Affleck will always be the actor who got snubbed of a best actor in a supporting role nomination back in 2006 for playing the actor who plays the Man of Steel ...
Yes Sir ...

CommiesSuck
31st Aug 2010, 23:22
Looks pretty good, aside from the one handed assault rifle firing

SlashPrower
1st Sep 2010, 00:43
One-handed assault rifle firing. Combines all the fun of missing with the joy of possibly ******* up your wrist.