PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Danicus
27th Aug 2010, 21:39
I have been following this blog for a time and i know a few weapon threads have come up, but I don't think they've answered the question of how many weapons are we expecting in this game? I don't need a payload of weapons like you'd find in something like CoD, because its not all about shooting. At the same time, playing into the rpg element of choice i think there should still be a nice selection. I'm thinking at least 2 of each weapon grouping. That would be 2 pistols(we've already seen those), 2 shotguns(one so far, but id like to see a new take on the classic pump action, 2 submachine guns, 2 assault rifles, sniper rifles, rocket/grenade launchers, etc. Something between 15-20 projectile weapons would be awesome. They are doing such a fantastic job with the weapon models we've already seen, i just want to see a few more!

Cronstintein
27th Aug 2010, 21:45
Pretty sure in one of the last couple interviews they said around 20 including non-lethals.

tartarus_sauce
28th Aug 2010, 06:02
Personally, I wish more games had huge variety of weapons. I've always found something obnoxious about two-bit thugs carrying the same sidearm as the super-elite commando operators.

If it were my call, I'd have a dozen different options for every class of weapon, and different mods on top of that. Goons would pack off-the-rack ****-tier handguns and shotguns, with maybe a spray-and-pray SMG thrown in for funsies. Operators would have customized weapons with accessories out the ass.

Danicus
28th Aug 2010, 16:07
Personally, I wish more games had huge variety of weapons. I've always found something obnoxious about two-bit thugs carrying the same sidearm as the super-elite commando operators.

If it were my call, I'd have a dozen different options for every class of weapon, and different mods on top of that. Goons would pack off-the-rack ****-tier handguns and shotguns, with maybe a spray-and-pray SMG thrown in for funsies. Operators would have customized weapons with accessories out the ass.

Thats exactly how i feel. I just dont want to ask for too much:D

Dr_Bob
28th Aug 2010, 16:15

Sounds like something Borderlands did.

Except the fact that the difference between the weapons of Borderlands are just minor stat adjustments.

Weapons mods weren't present in Borderlands, so that sounds like a better approach to actually getting a more custom and unique weapon.

Cronstintein
28th Aug 2010, 19:26
Borderlands guns + mods would be pretty awesome. Even apply borderland mentality to the mods (lots of different mods of differing quality and rareness).

EDIT:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/20/smooth-moves-brink-footage/#more-36486

The top video shows the impressive weapon+mod selection for the upcoming Brink. Lookin good :)

KSingh77
29th Aug 2010, 19:04
The crossbow looks badass,I wonder if you can use some type of explosive on the tip of the arrow?

Firing it at one baddie,denote it and blow up a group of baddies.