PDA

View Full Version : 2010 weak lineup?

VegaSagatBison
27th Aug 2010, 17:23
Is it just me or does 2010 feel kinda meh? I look at all the big games coming out later this year and for all of them I feel the same general sentiment. They all look kinda okay.

"Kinda okay?" I haven't felt that way about the holiday gaming season since the beginning of this generation. Every year I've had two or three games I was going to buy day one, and then another 3 or 4 that I'd keep my eye on for the following spring. But this year nothing has caught my eye and made me excited to open my wallet.

Does anyone else feel this way?

joe the janitor
27th Aug 2010, 20:02
Dead Rising 2
Deadly Premonition
Fallout: New Vegas
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Mafia II
Metro 2033
Alien Swarm
Aliens vs. Predator
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Dead Island
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Nahhh, I think it's pretty good so far.

JackGordon
27th Aug 2010, 20:32
I'm pretty happy with 2010's line-up so far...

K&L2: DD
Alan Wake
Bioshock 2
Mafia II
AvP
Gray Matter
Hydrophobia
Limbo

I'm having lots of fun.

GrievousOdyssey
27th Aug 2010, 23:34
2009 ? Hell yes , now that year sucked so bad that Arkham Asylum , Assassin's Creed 2 , Among Thieves and Modern Warfare 2 all became games of the year ...
Bonus point goes to the entire film industry , for making nothing but ****ty pictures last year (except Public Enemies , of course) and giving best picture oscar to Hurt Locker ...

2010 is excellent so far , from Bioshock 2 to God of War 3 , the Episodes from Liberty City , Red Dead Redemption , Dog Days , and hell , even War for Cybertron were all marvelous , and we still haven't seen Brotherhood , New Vegas , Black Ops and Bioshock 2 single player DLC , woot ! ...

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Aug 2010, 00:28
i agree on all the games you guys listed except mafia 2, it looked horrible. plus watching a mate play it just looked so shiiiiiit.

but yea this years ok, but if new vegas lets me down im commiting suicide.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 00:42
I'll take that as a joke ...

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Aug 2010, 01:00
what the suicide or mafia 2, im serious about both.

fallout and kane and lynch are the only series i have ever,cared,for.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Aug 2010, 01:07
what the suicide or mafia 2, im serious about both.

fallout and kane and lynch are the only series i have ever,cared,for.

joe the janitor
28th Aug 2010, 01:26
Really? The only series you have ever cared for?

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 02:01
I sure hope that demo of Mafia II was a build from last year , because it's a broken and ugly game ...

I don't care if it's linear and ten hours long , but the demo i tried was just ... ugly ...

Oh and yes , i was talking about the suicide ...
If you're serious , what will it be ? a nuclear explosion i hope ...

JackGordon
28th Aug 2010, 02:06
I hate to say this but PS3 got the worst version of Mafia II. Hope the exclusive DLC makes up for its shortcomings...

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 02:16
That exclusive DLC doesn't even come with trophies , boo ! ...

ohitspatty
28th Aug 2010, 04:04
That exclusive DLC doesn't even come with trophies , boo ! ...

This guy called me a trophy whore.

Anyways. I think 2010 is looking pretty solid.
Personally I haven't played many games due to fact that I can't afford them but many gamers has been satisfied.

To me Heavy Rain was a great experience. I don't care what you have to say about that game. I had a lot of fun.

Next game is New Vegas, which I think is going to be awesome.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 12:56
I'm pretty sure that as an Experience , Heavy Rain can be very enjoyable ...
My gripe lies Only with the story , which is a pity for a game such as this ...
Hell even the voice acting isn't that bad in my opinion ...

Oh and New Vegas ? with Kris Kristofferson ? Hell Yes ! ...

ohitspatty
28th Aug 2010, 18:15
The story of Heavy Rain has so many plot holes, that much it's true but I think the whole fact that it's something different (unless you played Indigo Prophecy, that is). I'd like to see what else is Quantic Dream is able to pull off.

As for voice acting, I believe the only person that felt off was Ethan while Shelby's was most natural along with Blake's. You gotta love Carter Blake haha

Bevacur
28th Aug 2010, 19:16
Fable 3!

I love it when good ol' Peter makes us British look bad.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 22:01
the whole fact that it's something different (unless you played Indigo Prophecy, that is). I'd like to see what else is Quantic Dream is able to pull off.

So , while we're at it , which one had a better experience ? Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain ? or in the end they're too different to be compared with ? ...

Oh and yes , i can't wait to see the day Quantic Dream ends up making a first person shooter , David Cage is going to pull out one of his golden speeches/excuses no doubt ...

VegaSagatBison
28th Aug 2010, 22:42
I wasn't clear in my original post. I meant specifically the holiday season sucks. If you take all of 2010 into consideration, yeah it's been a great year. Bio2, Heavy Rain, Mass2 among others were all great. Here's what I think about this year's lineup:

Dead Rising 2: I don't know about this game. I loved the first game, so I'm a bit sour about the fact that Frank West isn't returning. Maybe I'll buy this one.

Deadly Premonition: Love this game. If this isn't out in your area yet, buy it when it is!

Fallout: New Vegas: I played the hell out of some Fallout, 3 got all the achievements, all the DLC, everything. 100 hours later, I'm not sure if I want to jump into this one so soon. Maybe middle of next year or sometime later I'll grab this.

Mafia II: This doesn't look appealing for anything other than a rental.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: The multiplayer looks interesting but I don't know that I want to play anymore Ezio single player. I don't know that I want to pay the full $60 for this.

Halo Reach: I don't understand why people are so into this one. It looks like Halo3. It's hilarious to see people losing their **** over the new abilities and weapons. Yo dawg, you're shooting an assault rifle and then hitting the B button when you're close enough for a melee attack. Yeah, no thanks, I'm good.

COD: Black Ops: Through no fault of their own, I'm officially sick of Treyarch's/IW's franchise. I don't want them to change what they're doing, because they produce quality products, but they're not interesting me anymore.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 22:55
Well there's also ...

Shattered Dimensions ...
Lords of Shadow ...
Odyssey to the West ...
Medal of Honor ...
The Force Unleashed II ...
Quantum Theory ...
The Clone Wars ...
Homefront ...
The Last Guardian ...
Postal III ...
Primal Carnage ...
Splatterhouse ...
Aragorn's Quest ...

But overall it looks better than 2009 ...

Not that it was 'difficult' to beat 2009's christmas lineup , anywya ...

JackGordon
28th Aug 2010, 23:05
Grievous... You and me both know that The Last Guardian is the only quality title on your list.

Kent-45
28th Aug 2010, 23:06
..... nobody said Starcraft 2 ....

which is probably going to win GOTY for 2010 too.

JackGordon
28th Aug 2010, 23:08
Star what? :p

VegaSagatBison
28th Aug 2010, 23:11
Yeah, 2009 was awful. It was all MW2's fault for forcing everyone into early 2010.

Medal of Honor ...

Oh god. I played the beta, and the multiplayer for this game is just Bad Company 2. The single player might be interesting. But, unfortunately when DICE is contracted to produce a multiplayer experience, they just repackage Battlefield and cross their fingers hoping you don't figure out what they've done. I couldn't believe my eyes and fingers when I played this thing. Unbelievable.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 23:14
Well , this is going to sound awfully stupid to just about everybody ... but i buy Call of Duties and Medals of Honor just for the Singleplayer Campaign , and never touches their online modes ...

... ... ... yeah ...

PS : and the publishers were just Stupid of being afraid of Modern Wafare 2 ...
Then again , critics praised it as much as the first one , and gamers all bought it anywya ...
Everybody is stupid ...

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 23:19
Grievous... You and me both know that The Last Guardian is the only quality title on your list.

Are we even Sure it's coming out this year ? ...

..... nobody said Starcraft 2 ....

which is probably going to win GOTY for 2010 too.

Poor Dog Days , no love ...

Star what? :p

Do A Barrel ROLL ! ...

VegaSagatBison
28th Aug 2010, 23:25
Well , this is going to sound awfully stupid to just about everybody ... but i buy Call of Duties and Medals of Honor just for the Singleplayer Campaign , and never touches their online modes ...

... ... ... yeah ...

PS : and the publishers were just Stupid of being afraid of Modern Wafare 2 ...
Then again , critics praised it as much as the first one , and gamers all bought it anywya ...
Everybody is stupid ...

When you say, "buy" you mean you slap down $60 for them day one?

As for the publishers decision to move to 2010, it was understandable considering the immense popularity of MW2. Everything in the gaming business these days is so carefully preplanned. Publishers spend so much time and money planning leaks and announcements that they would never want to waste all that releasing within the window of a game like MW2.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Aug 2010, 23:42
Aaah , i see you have sharp eyes ...
Nah , i never buy them at full price , you know i waited three years to finally get a copy of Modern Warfare cheap enough ? ...
And even now it still looks too expensive for what i paid for ...

Anywya , the whole Modern Warfare 2 'scare' is understandable indeed , Mega64 did a parody of this situation too , but what i don't understand is the critics who gives it unanimous praise so easily , and , despite hearing "that game sucks!" all over the internet , the game still blows the chart , it's ridiculous , and the more i think of it , the more i see this industry as a joke , and i'm seriously grateful a franchise like "Kane & Lynch" can even exist ...

Oh and , yeah ...
I don't think theres Any games these days that are worth the full sixty bucks price tags ...
Not to mention that the europeans have to pay even more ...

joe the janitor
29th Aug 2010, 06:32
I sure hope that demo of Mafia II was a build from last year , because it's a broken and ugly game ...

I don't care if it's linear and ten hours long , but the demo i tried was just ... ugly ...

Oh and yes , i was talking about the suicide ...
If you're serious , what will it be ? a nuclear explosion i hope ...
I played the steam demo I didn't find anything broken or ugly about it. It certainly wasn't as fluid as Dog Days, but it did work I thought.

ohitspatty
29th Aug 2010, 07:40
So , while we're at it , which one had a better experience ? Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain ? or in the end they're too different to be compared with ? ...

The one in bold is defiantly the case in my opinion. Overall, I enjoyed Heavy Rain little more because I felt like it had more charm and I really like Norman and his part in the story.

I'm playing Heavy Rain now, going for "Perfect Crime" and I must say that after giving the game few months break, it still feels fresh...there is so much I haven't done the first three playthroughs I had.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 18:16
I played the steam demo I didn't find anything broken or ugly about it. It certainly wasn't as fluid as Dog Days, but it did work I thought.

Ah yes , the PC version seems to be the best one for the Mafia series , again ...

Mine is the PS3 version ...

I'm playing Heavy Rain now, going for "Perfect Crime"

Are you ******* telling me that you ...

Didn't let Shelby win up until now ? ...
Have you no shame ?!! ...

ohitspatty
29th Aug 2010, 19:30
I thought I already told you...I don't like Shelby that much, really. His "missions" are not as exciting or fun. Besides, I try to do as much on my own as possible so I attempted Perfect Crime before but couldn't put myself down to have OK win over Norman lol

I love how you assume that anyone who doesn't do things your way, are obviously not doing it "right". I smirk and wonder how serious you are every time I see the case.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 20:57
I smirk and wonder how serious you are every time I see the case.

About forty seven percent serious ...
Yes , my ego goes about forty seven percent ...
If it goes fifty percent then my mind would go on a breakdown and i wouldn't be able to speak or think or eat or go to bathroom by myself ! ...
You have no idea how hard it is to keep it at forty seven percent ...

And now , THE CLONE WARS ...

I mean look at These ...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1348/med_Rex1.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1348/med_ambush8.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1348/med_ambush6.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1348/med_dm4.jpg

And read this preview ...
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-1724-Gamescom-2010--LEGO-Star-Wars-III--The-Clone-Wars-Preview---One-Block-at-a-Time.html

And then Try and tell me this is Not the game of the year , you have no idea how serious i am ! ...

About Forty Seven Percent Of Course , you dummy ! ...

ohitspatty
31st Aug 2010, 21:14
Lego games are lame in my opinion.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 21:37
Indiana Jones and Harry Potter looked confusing and complicated as **** , so i never bought those ...
Both Bionicle games were failures , despite some nice graphics and musics ...
Alright , Lego Star Wars II wasn't very memorable either , but the first Lego Star Wars and Batman goes without a question to the top ten list of best games of all times ...

Seriously though , Lego company had a few in-house games that were very cute/memorable/simple/charming , all came out about ten years ago , those include Chess (with pirates and indians ! and every time you take out another pawn there is a unique cutscene that plays out , Marvelous !) , LegoLand (you had to build a lego themepark , for Lego people ! Marvelous !) and Lego Alpha Team (it's like a puzzle game where you had to direct lego special agents into reaching the other end of the level , MARVELOUS !) ...

So no sir , Lego Games are not lame , and as form of a apology i demand that you buy all Lego star wars figurines , build them , and Eat Them ...

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 21:38
Lego games are lame in my opinion.
Exactly.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 21:47
No muffins for the both of you for forty seven hours ...

JackGordon
31st Aug 2010, 21:50
I can do without; I've got dark Belgian chocolate.

Brackstone17
31st Aug 2010, 22:54
Lego games are alright for maybe one or two games, but after a while it becomes the same thing just with different characters. I enjoyed the first one, but I also never wanted to play another after the first one.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Aug 2010, 23:13
But it's been years ! this is THE epic comeback ! ...

And if we don't support this they'll start making Lego DJ Hero , would you prefer that instead ? ...
We have to buy the 'violent' ones , the ones with plenty of explosions and Phew Phew Boom Headshot ! And then , maybe , Just Maybe ... they'll understand that We WANT ...

Kane & Lynch: Raw Lego ...

It includes Dead Lego and Lego Days AND worlwide excluisve , Kane & Lynch 3: Star Wars ! ...

**** Yeah ...

ohitspatty
1st Sep 2010, 00:49
Meh, you know what Lego Game was cool? Lego Rock Raiders. Damn that so much fun. I think I still have my copy somewhere...might boot it up since it was for PS1.

Enfenno
1st Sep 2010, 02:23
Dead Rising 2
Deadly Premonition
Fallout: New Vegas
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Mafia II
Metro 2033
Alien Swarm
Aliens vs. Predator
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Dead Island
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Nahhh, I think it's pretty good so far.

dont forget to add Fable 3 to that list (YES FABLE 3 FOR PC)

VegaSagatBison
1st Sep 2010, 12:40
You know what video game presents the most true to life Lego experience? I'm talking about offering the player hundreds of little pieces with which to build anything and then interact with their creations in real-time. "Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts!"

GrievousOdyssey
1st Sep 2010, 17:31
I thought it was Little Big Planet's job to do that , not that i will give any praise to that however ...

By the way , i just realized i did something really stupid of mentionning Lego Star Wars , especially Star Wars ...

Now people will have the perfect excuse to say that my username comes from Him (http://www.alexandgregory.com/images/grievous_comic.jpg) ...
*facepalm* ...

Goddamn it George ...

ohitspatty
1st Sep 2010, 17:50
well, since I'm a somewhat Star Wars fan I always kind of thought it was.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Sep 2010, 18:03
Except that i choosed the definition of the word 'grievous' first and foremost , the 'gnr' part was added up when i saw that 'Grievous' was already used ...

Problem is that most people would then think that i'm refering strictly to that Star Wars character , not that i don't like him , but they're in turn ignoring the fact that as a word , grievous also means something ...
Makes me want to slam a dictionnary into people's faces sometimes ...

To make matters worst , 'gnr' was meant to be short for 'god needs rest' ... not general ...

. . .

Christ , next time i'll call myself "SuperDofusKiller47" or something ...

ohitspatty
1st Sep 2010, 18:17
Ah you see, you got me at the gnr part, maybe if it was caps like GNR, maybe.

Anyways, now we know your true intentions weren't so silly.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Sep 2010, 18:26
Secret Trophy Unlocked ! ...
Silver ...
Dead Men's Secret ~ you discovered in horror that gnrGrievous is Not as silly as he pretends to be ...

PS : Hey , if it were caps like this GNR ...
Yoooooooohoooooooooooooo ! It's Three Dog here !
*facepalm* ...

And i thought things couldn't have gone worst ...

ohitspatty
1st Sep 2010, 19:20
You're right, forget I said anything haha

VegaSagatBison
2nd Sep 2010, 10:50
Wait, you're telling me gnr doesn't stand for Guns and Roses?

JackGordon
2nd Sep 2010, 11:19
Wait, you're telling me gnr doesn't stand for Guns and Roses?
Grievous doesn't listen to crappy bands.

SlashPrower
2nd Sep 2010, 14:31
Grievous doesn't listen to crappy bands.

OH SNAP

Appetite for Destruction was pretty good and everything else sucked, especially Chinese Democracy.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Sep 2010, 18:33
After seeing just what a utterly ****ed up and boring place the forum turned out to be , i think it's time we install this music as a main theme that Everyone should listen when they step into the general discussion page ...

o1tj2zJ2Wvg&ob

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Oct 2010, 19:56
Utterly ******* disappointed , played the demos of Lords of Shadow and Odyssey to the West ... my god ...

Castlevania had a fighting system that his ruined by a poor camera placement and a 'block' technique that works too randomly ...
The narrator has to talk about Every Inch of the protagonist's feelings , which Will be a drag after a couple of hours ...

Enslaved , whoa , i have to say at first i didn't understood why the reviews talked about "influences from Uncharted" , after playing the demo ... ... god ******* damnit ...
Granted , the demo was the game's first level , but it's too damn linear ! ...
(not to mention it does hurt the eyes when you move the camera around)...

And then there was also the review of Medal of Honor , the single player is regarded as merely "bolted on" ...

It's as if movies and games these days are nothing but shiny and attractive graphics , but no substance whatsoever in terms of gameplay , the 'meat' of the project itself is severely lacking ...

JackGordon
2nd Oct 2010, 20:27
I'm pretty happy with 2010's line-up so far...

K&L2: DD biggest disappointment
Alan Wake my GOTY
Bioshock 2 big disappointment
Mafia II big disappointment
AvP disappointment
Gray Matter not out yet
Hydrophobia will wait for a retail version
Limbo great!

Bioshock 2 - Minerva's Den close-second "GOTY"
Metro 2033 disappointment

SlashPrower
2nd Oct 2010, 20:57
CIVILIZATION 5!

It's really addictive >.> I play as the Songhai Empire. THE AZTECS THOUGHT THEY COULD CONQUER ME BUT THEY COULDN'T

Also, there might actually be a good Sonic game coming out, which will make 2010 a very good year for me.

d5myak7EvRU

i4O3w0SEuVM

It looks a lot like a more colorful, faster Sonic Unleashed. Which is good, because if you take away medal hunting, the Werehog, and the hub worlds of Sonic Unleashed while making the Day stages look better than you have a good game.

Sonic 4 looks pathetic, though. It is an exact copy of Sonic 1-2, but a little worse due to bad physics and no blast processing. And it's 15 bucks per episode! I'll just go replay Sonic 2 from the collection on my Xbox, kthx.

ohitspatty
3rd Oct 2010, 00:37
Dead Rising 2 is pretty ******* fun. So much to do it kicks Dog Day's ass with Knife Gloves (and trust me, those kick some serious ass).

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Oct 2010, 02:09
Sonic and Zombies for this christmas ... why am i not so pleased with it ? ...

UhUh
3rd Oct 2010, 10:11
I'm looking foward to Enslaved, tried the demo the fighting/platforming isn't complex but works fine and it's fun, the story seems intresting and the first level on a falling spaceship was a good start.

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Oct 2010, 11:56
Aah the sonic cycle.

http://gamesareevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/sonic_cycle.jpg

TheMoD
3rd Oct 2010, 12:10
Enslaved , whoa , i have to say at first i didn't understood why the reviews talked about "influences from Uncharted" , after playing the demo ... ... god ******* damnit ...
Granted , the demo was the game's first level , but it's too damn linear ! ...
(not to mention it does hurt the eyes when you move the camera around)...

Enslaved looks great imo, it's got the same thing that I loved about heavenly sword. Great characters and overall amazing attention to detail. The gameplay may not be perfect but I'm sure it'll be one of those games that just stick with you. Also it just seems much more ambitious than most games out there

SlashPrower
3rd Oct 2010, 13:55
Aah the sonic cycle.

http://gamesareevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/sonic_cycle.jpg

You know, I'm a member on the IGN Sonic boards so that picture is not new at all to me. That cycle really only applies to Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed. Besides, it's still at Stage 1 and the game comes out in a month, so I'm sensing a break in the cycle.

This one doesn't really have anyone new besides the little alien thing, and I doubt that little whatever will have much of an effect on anything. The only others (at least on the Wii version) are Sonic, Tails, and Eggman.

"The script for Sonic Colors was written by MadWorld and Happy Tree Friends writers, Ken Pontac & Warren Graff."

Hahaha oh wow. Well, that explains one of Eggman's lines: “Please don't be concerned if you hear any aliens screaming. The screams are how they communicate. Really. I promise.” Also hey, they replaced Jason Griffith with the guy who voiced Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 5.

Hrm. If this goes on I'm sensing some sort of gritty reboot.

EDIT: Someone besides me liked Heavenly Sword? :O

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Oct 2010, 14:04
I like cereal

Sonic was meh, that shadow game was random though

Everyone jizzed over the guns feature then it was released and it was meh to the highest degree.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Oct 2010, 14:44
The gameplay may not be perfect but I'm sure it'll be one of those games that just stick with you. Also it just seems much more ambitious than most games out there

No doubt about it , but it still looks like a game that'll be over in seven hours , and you might replay it one more time , and then ... nothing much ...

Someone besides me liked Heavenly Sword? :O

A bunch of unhinged folks liked it , just shame on the series' aftermath , sales no good enough , developers claim they never earned a dime over it , no trophy patch (to attract a Big Audience) ...

Game died quicker than the sword's curse ...

SlashPrower
3rd Oct 2010, 19:35
I like cereal

Sonic was meh, that shadow game was random though

Everyone jizzed over the guns feature then it was released and it was meh to the highest degree.

Oh geez I remember that game. It had a lot of guns and emo wangsting and riding motorcycles and the word DAMN and also evil aliens.

That game was odd.

Bevacur
3rd Oct 2010, 21:02
Fable 3 and Brotherhood look pretty decent.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Oct 2010, 21:09
SERGENT ******* REZNOV RETURNS IN CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS !!! ...

Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Garbage day has nothing compared to Gary Oldman ! ...

Bevacur
3rd Oct 2010, 21:19
This time, Reznov stabs you.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Oct 2010, 21:25
In SLOW ******* MOTION !!!! ...

**** is important damnit !!!! ...

BeardedHoplite
4th Oct 2010, 00:42
Anybody else think that Black Ops looks a hell of a lot better than MW2. It just seems to be better. It'll prolly' be **** though, and I'll be out 60$

Brackstone17
4th Oct 2010, 00:51
Anybody else think that Black Ops looks a hell of a lot better than MW2. It just seems to be better. It'll prolly' be **** though, and I'll be out 60$
Agreed. Treyarch's ones have always seemed like they were made for people to have fun with as opposed to IW's super serious bare bones approach to their games.

I honestly don't know why Infinity Ward has such a good reputation for pushing the series forward when Treyarch have always been the ones to actually innovate and try new things in the series.

As long as they take out stupid veteran difficulty enemies, Treyarch may actually do everything right.

joe the janitor
4th Oct 2010, 04:38
I rented Halo Reach and Dead Rising 2. I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Halo Reach is Gods Gift to the People. On the other hand Dead Rising 2 is amazing!

joe the janitor
4th Oct 2010, 04:40
Agreed. Treyarch's ones have always seemed like they were made for people to have fun with as opposed to IW's super serious bare bones approach to their games.

I honestly don't know why Infinity Ward has such a good reputation for pushing the series forward when Treyarch have always been the ones to actually innovate and try new things in the series.

Really? My thoughts have always been the exact opposite.

599 posts!

GrievousOdyssey
4th Oct 2010, 05:20

As long as they take out stupid veteran difficulty enemies, Treyarch may actually do everything right.

So imagine here one of my long comment that can just be summed up to "i agree" ...

(Also alot of gushing here and there) ...

Really? My thoughts have always been the exact opposite.

And here you shall all picture my long explanation on why Modern Warfare embarases itself next to World at War ...

(except the heavy grenade rain , that's one stupidity we're having still nightmares about it) ...

599 posts!

HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT !!! ...

Bevacur
4th Oct 2010, 06:42
Gods Gift to the People

Oh it is...

All hail Halo! Our lord, savior and creator! Praise Master Chief our phophet who will lead us into war and back out of hell!

TheMoD
4th Oct 2010, 19:03
EDIT: Someone besides me liked Heavenly Sword? :O

I think most people who played it really liked it. It was just hard for reviewers to justify a high score because of how short the game is..

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Oct 2010, 19:25
Treyarch have always been better than infinity.

But cod black ops looks good, but we all know whats gonna happen..
Hype
HYpe
HYPe
HYPE
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BUY
ZOMG its ****!

ohitspatty
5th Oct 2010, 00:44
I think most people who played it really liked it. It was just hard for reviewers to justify a high score because of how short the game is..

Shush! The dogs may hear you.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Oct 2010, 21:43
Awwwe **** ! the ******* bastards !!! ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268264

PS3-exclusive 3D Prince Of Persia Trilogy announced
HD/3D remasters coming to EU only next month

All three titles will be fully remastered in 720p HD with new textures, normal maps and anti-aliasing.

It's scheduled for release on November 19 in Europe only, at a recommended retail price of £29.99

I already got the trilogy in PS2 ... but ... now ... it's getting a Trophy Patch !!! i'm sure of it !!! ...

And i know that i still remember the location of all health upgrades location , so i can get them all in one playthrough ... ...

The trophies are calling ...

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!?!!!! ...

JackGordon
5th Oct 2010, 23:55
I want REmake, RE0 & Code: Veronica in HD.

ohitspatty
6th Oct 2010, 03:54
I want REmake, RE0 & Code: Veronica in HD.

Yes! Pretty please.

Kent-45
6th Oct 2010, 15:01
I'd rather see Left 4 Dead 3 instead of a remade Resident Evil game... to be quite honest

JackGordon
6th Oct 2010, 15:13
Totally different genre. Yes, they both deal with zombies but L4D is run & gun. (Old-school) RE is classic survival horror. I wasn't necessarily talking about a remake though, but a remaster in HD + achievements/trophies is more what I had in mind.

Either way, you'll probably get L4D3 and 4 and 5 within a three year period.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 23:36
Which one of you again was suppose to submit into my quick time event in order to hand me over your PSP ? ...

The Ghost of Sparta is calling damnit !! ...

JackGordon
7th Oct 2010, 23:37
That would be Kent, Grievous.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 23:42
*heynimchi ! nimchi ! heynimchi ! nimchi ! heynimchi !* ...

YAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHH !!! ...

*epic stuff going all over the place , since it's DLC you'll need to pay extra dollars in order to see it* ...

*me eats Kent's house alive* ...

*turns out the man out getting some tacos* ...