PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Graphics Freezes

NijayDaeva
5th Apr 2014, 02:58
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to change these Unreal Engine variables for this game so I can fix my graphics freeze issues? I have had to do this for other Unreal Engine games like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. My issue is related to AMD graphics cards and is somewhat documented on the web. However, most instructions point to an Engine.ini file which I cannot locate for this game (the other ini files are there in the config folder, but not the engine.ini) or running an autoexec.cfg file which I can't seem to figure out how to run this on startup for this game. I tried adding a cfg folder in the nosgoth folder with the autoexec.cfg but I must be missing something.

Basically what happens is the game plays fine but intermmitently freezes where the game is continuing but the graphics are on a freeze-frame. After about 20 seconds it recovers. I tend to notice it more on Provance than other maps and alchemists abilities seem to trigger it more often than anything else. I have noticed the freeze on even the start menu. The best I understand it, there is a memory allocation issue somehow related to AMD cards, and it can be fixed by forcing a larger amount of memory to be allocated.

I want to set these variables to these values. I might need to play with the numbers to get the right settings for this game, but this should do. These were the tweaks I used for E.Y.E.

mem_max_heapsize 2500
mem_max_heapsize_dedicated 256
mem_min_heapsize_dedicated 128
mem_force_flush 1
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1
mat_queue_mode 2
r_threaded renderables 1
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
snd_mix_async 1

For reference: http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_7.html

Thanks!

uNborn-
8th Jul 2014, 22:36
did you ever figure this out? since the update I've been choppy and basically unplayble. I have an ati 5850 and was able to play fine before the latest update. I notice most of the lagging during movement on vampires. a simple shadowstep looks like its chugging. My frame rates are very consistent though.

cmstache
9th Jul 2014, 00:33
AMD or ATI? And is it a desktop or a laptop?

It's highly likely that you just don't have enough horsepower to run the game.

Wurple
10th Jul 2014, 19:06
Me and my friends as well as random people I talk to in-game mention that they also get a similar freezing issue. I get 3-5 second freezes most of the time, more rarely at the 10+ second ones. I get 60+ fps most of the time otherwise.

RainaAudron
10th Jul 2014, 19:23
Are you sure it is not the server freezing up? I had 3sec freezes yesterday and it happened simultaneously to everybody in the match.

wolfcraft
10th Jul 2014, 21:26
It's highly likely that you just don't have enough horsepower to run the game.

Free to play, as long as you have a better than half decent set up then? I'd love, just once, to play 2 or 3 sessions in a row with out the game crashing out (regardless of which map it is). I know we're still in beta, but a bit of scaleability would be nice :(